/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Beast from the East Edition

Patch 5.9 (LIVE):
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-059/

Stat tracker/Stalk your favorite wowsg
warships.today
na.wows-numbers.com/

>Useful Information:
pastebin.com/nuWhcW1K (embed) (embed) (embed) (POI)

>In-game chat channel
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel", password is "vidya"
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully ranger
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

NA: [NTR]: na.wargaming.net/clans/1000021519
NA: [KUMA]: na.wargaming.net/clans/1000007315/
EU: [NOFUN]: eu.wargaming.net/clans/500011239/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vXvDqi9MN9E?t=516
na.warships.today/player/1017741032/jms_jr
na.warships.today/player/1000818137/InspGadgt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Hotel is for ____

Quemapueblos[S] 9 points 1 day ago

RN is coming, don't worry! Cruisers are planned to be first

Not planed for 2016 at the moment

Not this year either

German DDs in progress and we are expecting to finish them by this year but no promises!

youtu.be/vXvDqi9MN9E?t=516

ONE DAY 4.000 BASE EXPERIENCE WILL BE MINE

lmao git gud nerd

H-How

Why am I so fucking bad at playing Battleship /wowsg/?

I'm actually trying not to be shit and I am still average.

Post your stats.

post ur stats kiddo

na.warships.today/player/1017741032/jms_jr

nice try kiddo but this isn't you

Ok you got me. na.warships.today/player/1000818137/InspGadgt

Fire AP into the broadsides of cruisers and other battleships. Don't show your broadside. EZ.

I wonder if user's phone case has been delivered or not.

Also, shilling Prinz Eugen-themed smartphone case

pls no bully

Sorry, I meant stats showing which ships you're trying to play. Which tier are you at?

T7 maining weeb Battleship, currently on my Nagato

>tfw setting a bunch of fires and watching your damage counter tick up

t. CAsual

Nagato has shit for armor but hits hard and goes fast. Always WASD hack to avoid getting keked by BBs, and don't rush in first. Your guns are most accurate at ~15km and closer, so take shots at things farther away but don't count on them to hit.

I cleared Nagato before I figured any of this out, but I made it work.

Am I a tirpshitter?

yea

What's the best reticle to use to aim with?

temporary lodgings

Damn right. Guess what nation's cruisers I'm playing right now, tovarisch. :^)

How can other nations compete?

155mm Mogami, although getting hit 17 times by AP and getting only 4846 damage might suggest something not Japanese. Probably just good WASD hacks.

>Invest 10mil into Trashkent
>[Play]
>TX game
>open seas
>10 km range
>Yamatos, Zaos, Gearings everywhere

Whole ordeal felt like playing Furutaka in TX.
Trashkent would go nicely as t5 CL and no one would complain

you really fucked up kiddo

)))))))))))))))))))

It was actually Buddy, and most of those shells were from an Atlanta firing AP at me while I was angled/bow-on. I don't even know, man.

[Detonation]

Ah, yes. Gross incompetence. I somehow keep underestimating it's influence on the game.

Actually tier 10 bbs is free food for russian destroyers. You just need to git gud

Taiwanese destroyer Lo Yang.

you try firing at a good Monty/Yam player at 10km in a stock Trashkan and lemme know how it goes lmao

Sexualizing

Post best games in your favorite ships.

Artificial reef

>grinding for Mikasa this morning
>take out Buddy
This is getting kinda ridiculous, really.

just a good player))
move on))))
thread locked((

>4800 Battles
>40% winrate
How do these people do this?

He's also spending money on it.

Refueling

Do people on the forums just overlook this?

I used to play Jap DDs way back, and they were pretty alright. Now it seems like they have too many predators, with any other DD and cruisers rekking them if they get spotted.

I have a Mutsuki, the upgrades for it involve removing your guns in favour of AA, which is still completely useless if a CV decides he wants to go for you. The only advantage it seems to have is long range torps, which seems to be completely about luck.

Are Jap DDs now useless?
Is it just the Mutsuki that's useless?
Am I just useless?

Mutsuki has sucked since CBT.

Jap dds are ok, it's just you that lack sufficient ability. They haven't really changed that much anyway.

t5,6 and partially 7 are just bad for jap DDs. hatsu can be ok as a gunbote

Tier 10 Soviet BB when?

tfw you get more xp than the top winning player

It turns like ass too, at least compared to the Kiev. Your torpedo broadside is also smaller, though the torps are more usable.

The upgraded guns fire twice as fast and can actually turn.
But Mutsuki has always been dogshit, same for Hatsuharu (unless you respecc for gunboat)

Fucky Bucky is good.

Kagero is again dogshit. It may be invisible dogshit, but only complete retards actually die to 2x4 torps at t9 on an hour-long cooldown.

Siemakaze can launch 15 torps, and is invisible again.

All in all, we told everyone after the alpha: IJN DDs after Minekaze are relatively shit.
Since they nerfed Minekaze to shit, you can now just as well bring an Isokaze for more invisibility (or kamikaze if you want to generate more shekels).

Fubuki and Shima work as torpedosluts because they have enough launhers and tubes.
The other Jap DDs do not have enough launchers and tubes.
Jap torps were nerfed to uselessness and the ships with only two launchers actually work better if you use a gunboat captain and modules.

>15 18'' guns

is it made of out paper?

>it is also a aircraft carrier
new hybrid russian line on the way tovarish)))))))))

You can really influence how much luck you need with long range torp spreads as long as you use good judgement. Dont launch torps on the lead ship of a group if you can help it (Hes expecting them). Go for the guy in the rear of the group closest to you since most shitters will expect you to torp the shit ahead of them. Dont torp anything thats looks like it will need to change course in the near future as well.

>Siemakaze can launch 15 torps, and is invisible again.
But it's outspotted by Fletcher, which you'll regularly run into on a regular basis. Between tier 6-9, IJN DDs are always stealthier than the USN DDs of the same tier and the tier before it, except for Shimakaze.

Must balance out high tier BBs tovarisch)))))))))))))))))

Every time I saw that type of 3 turret layout, I'm triggered.

Honestly the guns are less of what makes Yamato so much better than the Montana than the armor. With a 1916 design, I'm betting even 16-inch guns will overmatch through the bow and deck for partial pen damage.

Paper Soviet BBV before real IJN CAV/BBV. :^)

Izumo-chan tries her best! ;_;

I could have won that battle but ran at last 3 battleships like retard thinking that my allies would help with shooting their sides while I take attention, and only when I was knife fighting N.Carolina I noticed that my only alive ally was the Tirpitz behind me that I had been supporting the entire battle length while the 5 flanking allies were already dead before I reached the BBs.

I felt so guilty for throwing that game afterwards..

>be terrible myoko captain
>can barely score 40k on tier 7 game
>try out arp haruna
>50k on first game, defeat
>60k on second game, defeat
>40k on third game, victory
just. what the hell is going on?

but the team with the Tirpitz won

Who here can teach me how to play Tirpitz.

Eurobeat

True. But we're talking about something like 150 m deifference after camo, skills and modules.

Anyway, I'm not saying IJN DDs at high tiers are good, USN DDs offer the better all-round performance.

Fucky Bucky and Siemakaze are still the best pure torpedoboats.

dmg/s is better with the 2-gun hull because the guns fire over twice as fast and you don't have any shitty midship firing arcs. Polished turds are still turds though.

If you think getting torp hits past 7 km is about luck, the rest of the IJN DD line is not for you. Stagger your launches to cover more area and predict your foe's movement.

I can see the argument for Mutsuki, even though I don't really agree with it, but Minekaze? How the fuck did you work that one out?

>Since they nerfed Minekaze to shit
>Second most popular DD in the game
>Premium clones with inferior speed second only to T9/TX ships in damage
>Top damage T5 tech tree DD by 25% margin
>Top WR T5 tech tree DD
Is this some spicy new meme?

>Fucky Bucky and Siemakaze are still the best pure torpedoboats.
Not Minekaze and Mutsuki? The difference between using your guns and not using them on those ships is very slight. Just unlocked the Fubuki and meming hard with AFT on her. Setting fires from invisibility regularly earns as much damage as torp hits.

>Stagger your launches to cover more area and predict your foe's movement.

Hedging your bets is still about luck.

>I can see the argument for Mutsuki, even though I don't really agree with it, but Minekaze? How the fuck did you work that one out?
i played it with 10 km torps and got spoiled

Is the fire prevention skill still shit and useless due to the way the multiplication works, or did they fix this?

>Second most popular DD in the game
Minekaze was popular for a long time because it had 10km torps

Now I think Jap DDs have too many predators around to be a decent choice, what with Russian and burger DDs being able to outgun them if they run into each other while trying to cap a point, plus there's a ton of new german and russian cruisers that can shoot a lot of shit at you really fast.

>The difference between using your guns and not using them on those ships is very slight.
>20% of kills
>very slight difference
"no"

>there are people ITT who actually took the 10km torps for Minekaze when it was available
For real, bros?

>plus there's a ton of new german and russian cruisers that can shoot a lot of shit at you really fast.
This is a problem that all DDs have to deal with, though. In the past, it was only from tier 8 on that you really saw HE railguns. but the Soviet Cruisers are fucking good at murdering DDs with their low-arc railguns, starting from tier 6.

Whoring the final blow on an already dead ship with your guns is a fine IJN tradition.

Right. All DDs have predators, but IJN DDs have more because they'll also eat a bag of dicks if they get into a fight with another another DD, wheras a Rus DD will just set you on fire with his guns and laugh as you burn while he hides in his smokescreen.

Minekaze, in COMPETENT hands and on equal terms otherwise, will easily outgun the AVERAGE Wickes, Walkie Talkie, Isokaze, and Minekaze.

And yes, just like all DDs, you gotta be opportunistic. A low-health Nicholas at 6.5km? You bet your ass I'm gunning him down.

>Not Minekaze and Mutsuki?
Fuck no.
Minekaze is only good for killing oblivious noobs and baBBies now.

Mutsuki is just plain shit, and has been shit since the alpha. Slow as fuck 2x3 10 km torps with 1 min reload will only kill retards and shitters.

I used the 10km torps because they gave a lot more flexibility. The Minekaze's main advantage is how fast its torps reload while still being able to stealth torp, but with 7km torps much of that reload time is spent making your approach to that thin 1-1.6km stealth torp band, and it isn't always successful. If a Nicholas or Clemson is nearby you have to turn away, because all but the most brain-dead shitters will know to go into evasive if they see a Minekaze within 8 km.

With 10km torps you could still get within 6-7km normally, but if there's a cruiser or DD that's too close for comfort, you can launch your torps and immediately break off at a distance and still have reasonably good odds of hitting your target. Taking into account all the runs you don't have to abort or don't have to close in for with the 10km torps, you simply had more opportunities to drop torps on a target, and it makes the best use of you reload.

That is something straight outta Warship Gunner. Now there's a ship game that gave no fucks about ships being OP.

Double hulled BBs with railguns and gravity shields? Sure.

>

Sounds extremely fun

Mmmh i live fresh pussy

>mfw trying to play CVs

Yeah you're right, but when you're dealing with cruisers in particular it means getting a little lucky has the same effect as getting really lucky when making tighter launches.

I was using the stats from the last 2 weeks FYI.

I'm talking in general terms here. I'd say I use Mine's guns more often than the average player, but stealth is Mine's most valuable asset and it's reasonable for your typical shitter to value it over a few hundred in damage from a HE salvo.

>A Minekaze player who never uses his guns
Torps will be in action soon, wants to be in a position to use them effectively

>A Fubuki player who never uses his guns
Only interacts with the enemy once every 90 s. WTF dude?

Which PURE TORPEDOBOTES are better than them though?

And I'm saying that by no means is there a "very slight difference" between using and not using your guns.

What people are finally discovering in Hatsuharu and Bucky are lessons you should have already learned in lower tier DDs. ALL DDs should use their guns and use them intelligently.

>My face when watching Minekaze's trying to torp a 1000HP DD

>Which PURE TORPEDOBOTES are better than them though?
Isokaze.

gb2 redd1t

>t10
>top tier
>ranked
ez

>tfw the autismo mods on /a/ delete on sight every new kancolle thread
Guess I'm back here guys

>Trying to do previous thread on /a/
You deserved it retard.

>9 km range without AFT
>1 km invisi-firing window with AFT
Nope. Our foremost proponent of the IJN gunbote meme prefers the Iso over the Mine for this very reason.

People deserve a new kancolle thread on /a/!

Kill yourself Jojofag.