Civic coupe CVT or Manual?

I'm going to buy a 2014 Civic coupe EX with the 1.8L.

Should I get the manual? Will daily driving an econocoupe with a stick still be fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

losangeles.craigslist.org/search/cta?min_price=2000&max_price=5000&auto_make_model=civic&auto_transmission=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you're thinking about getting the manual why not just get an Si? You could probably find a 2012 Si for around the same price, it would still get good gas mileage and be more fun.

Driving a slow stick car is more fun that driving a fast auto imo
But the civic doesnt weight much so that 1.8l is going move it around a bit. It wont be as slow as you might expect.

>5 spd

Get the Si

Should I keep the stock wheels?

Buy a civic for

Yes. Don't change anything on it.
Unless you get the Si.

No, it's not. Most likely a 200,000 10 year old Civic will need extensive maintenance done do it you stupid fucking poorfaggot.

Go ahead, link a good Civic for 5k here. I'll be waiting.

Take your pick.
losangeles.craigslist.org/search/cta?min_price=2000&max_price=5000&auto_make_model=civic&auto_transmission=1

Yeah exactly my point, you posted a bunch of old pieces of shit

Figures you like them so much since youre in LA. Let me guess, Mexican?

I'm not the guy you were talking to before, I just butted in because you're a fucking moron. What did you expect for $5k? Pretty much half the cars on that list looked to be in fair condition and cost even less than 5. Fuckin entitled bus rider.

My friend has that exact car with the CVT, he said he wishes he would have got the manual and it's slow as shit.

I never asked for a 5k car to begin with, Pedro assumed people on Veeky Forums can't afford a 2 year old compact because he can't.

Ah I see. Can I ask why you want the 2014 EX?
I bought my 2012 Si for $16k when it only had 22k miles on it. Thing has been totally reliable and fun.

Go manual my man. The EX still packs a punch because it's lightweight, at least I know the 8th gen is, don't know about the rest.

Better gas mileage
Lower insurance
More comfortable ride

How does it feel knowing you own the worst Civic ever made? So bad that Honda had to redo it the next year

Ugly too

These don't really justify the extreme amounts of fun and entertainment you can have with an Si. Even the resale value is higher.

regarless of what you do, don't get the CVT.
they require more maintenance and they kill any joy that the car can deliver.

Not bad at all considering how cheap I bought it for, and since I bought it as a project car. Basically every suspension component has been swapped. Plus lots of work tuning the engine.

I have a 5sp 2013 LX. Its fun cause its only 2750lbs

Ive driven the same car as a loaner with the CVT and its gutless as fuck. Gets 10+ more mpg than i do on my manual tho. I get 30mpg in my 5spd and i was gettin 35+ with the cvt

Do u want fun or better mpgs

All car reviewers and Honda themselves said the CVT performed better than the outgoing automatic 5 speed. Even has paddle shifters

OK so you buy a civic for 3k and put 2k worth of work into it. Then it's just as good, and you can throw in an aux jack with the oem radio.

You poorfags are so goddamn embarrassing.

Oh ya im sure it does but either of them compared to the manual feels dogshit slow cause the cars engine, computer and transmission is 100% worried about fuel efficiency instead of you having a good time as a driver.

Manual trim you at least get control over 1/3 and you can definitely appreciate it as the driver trust me breh

Plus honda just generally makes a good manual trans and its 1000$ cheaper lol thatl make up for 5yrs worth of lost 5mpg fuel efficiency compared to the CVT