/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Maya edition

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: Any / 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
3DS downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5 (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736 (embed)
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without hardware modifications or system transferring hacked DSiWare from a CFW'd 3DS. See the downgrade guide for info on these options. Better options aren't expected anytime soon.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png (embed)

>Vita
-Homebrew available now on latest firmware (3.60) henkaku.xyz

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/gabaas1/status/759747765714898944
twitter.com/yifanlu/status/759764405525549060
gbatemp.net/threads/coldswap-run-fully-unencrypted-playable-games-without-owning-them.427511/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/
gbatemp.net/threads/twl-slot-1-launcher-first-custom-dsiware-app.414501/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

twitter.com/gabaas1/status/759747765714898944

savedata decryption + encryption for Vita possible

savedata hax and exploits possible in future?

here.

Successfully completed the guide, now have a9lh working properly. So yeah, to confirm what was said before, there's no problem with using 9.1 for a Japanese N3DS. The guide should probably mention that so people don't get confused.

asking again because it didnt get a reply.
could someone update the pokemon romhack pastebin? some of the files are outdated.

You'd still need an existing entrypoint to dump and replace it.

Kind of meh.

RETROARCH WHEN

Is he right? Is the Vita the most secure device ever created?
twitter.com/yifanlu/status/759764405525549060

Nintendo 3DS took all of a year to have exploits. Vita took 3 or 4

Also
gbatemp.net/threads/coldswap-run-fully-unencrypted-playable-games-without-owning-them.427511/

As soon as someone decides to start game sharing it's all over.

Sony wised up after the PS3 debacle. They implement all the good, expected security measured you'd want for a secure device, and they were very careful to make sure they did it right this time.

>implying that just because it was cracked it means it's not the most secure

5 hours ago.

MORE THAN GENESIS PLUS GX WHEN

that requires you have physical access to a PS3 logged in to the account whose games you want

HENkaku would be the entry point and to replace it all you would need to do is use the content manager as the save has been reencrypted.

>VPN is kill
So how do we bypass Mega's download limit now?

And yet it still flopped.

The PS4 didn't though.

And the PS4 is hacked.

It's still a way for someone to share their games. Think like a college dorm or group of friends. All it means is that you still can't go online and download a rom

Mega has a download limit?

Good news everyone!

Someone has a early copy of EO5.

Now the bad news is that is a moral faggot from tumblr that has the early copy.

Henkaku isn't an entrypoint. The entrypoint is the webkit exploit it uses. Henkaku is the exploit chain that follows, that allows for breaking out of the filesystem sandbox.

And that had a kernel exploit within a year and a half, give or take. Conclusion, spending money on security for a games console has no effect on success.

>Mega's download limit
wat?

It's barely a step up from straight up account sharing.

Which is pretty flexible for as long as you can connect to PSN and use HENkaku.

>filesystem sandbox.
There probably was never one in the first place.

>tumblr
The average 3DS user is from tumblr so I'm not surprised desu

There is one. Every app is properly sandboxed. Otherwise you'd be able to arbitrarily read and write files from the web browser, or with an ePSP exploit.

Or an email client. Or a calendar.

Mega's bandwidth quota exceeded.

ePSP is special so not gonna mention it.
The mail app however allowed for read/write. There was only a path sanitation bug there.

The difference is there's no limit. PSN limits to 2 accounts, this one is unlimited. So with things like the college dorm example (honestly the only place I could think of more than one Vita being in a central location) some guy could charge $20 to download his library or something.

With HENkaku you can tell PSN you deactivated your console without actually doing it. So unlimited activations

This shit has been going on forever even without the exploits.

>jp onry
Who cares

The plot isn't exactly the main selling point of these dungeon crawlers

Being able to know what the fuck skills do helps though.

Oh no, that means I'll have to go on the internet and look at a skill chart!

Source on that? Did someone actially manage to access the PSN network commands to do stuff like that or it's just wishful thinking?

It's a lot easier than you think.
>Dump the system registry and PSN activation files
>Connect to PSN and deactivate the console
>Restore the system registry and PSN activation files and just don't connect to PSN again

really? can I pirate games on a PS4?

No, Linux only, and only for 1.74.

GBA games through emulation, yes

that's pretty cool since Linux has more games than the PS4

hah

But we have all the skills translated with description and dmg %

Why are SNES VC games crashing on my a9lh N3DS?

Even more so since they got Steam to work on it.

it's because a9lh is shit, uninstall it and get rxtools

Because you're doing VC injects instead of using PocketSNES for some weird reason

do games actually work though? are the graphics driver good enough?

So im playing MH:G and i try to search for online lobbies but a message comes up saying i need to agree to the latest nintendo update or something, should i do it?

Okay, I just bought a 2ds. I want to pirate ds and 3ds games, can I do that?
If so where do I get started, links pl0x

They're not injects, they're literally VC titles.

you need to buy a flashcart for ds games

whats your firmware

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/

read carefully, don't skip a word

Still, why bother fucking around with VC titles when PocketSNES is right there?

If I go into settings and quit does that reset my emunand back to sysnand?

yes

What If I want to play super mario 64 (DS) on my 2ds, can't I just download it digitally?

you can download it digitally on a ds flashcard

Because I want to use the official emulator.

But why?

Ok thanks

Why isn't it reading my or as cartridge when I'm in emunand?

Because it's more accurate.

It doesn't even matter. The point is I want to install VC titles but it's not working, and I want to figure out why.

Fuck, they don't send any where I live, are there no other options?
I really wanted to play mario 64

>Because it's more accurate.
How do you know?

>The point is I want to install VC titles but it's not working, and I want to figure out why.
PocketSNES works

Did you take it out and then put it back in?

emulate it on PC or use DS VC injection if you have a Wii U

Yes, many times

Buy the game if that's the only thing you want to play. It's probably cheap on ebay.

>Because it's more accurate
Is it?

what country?

So I have this acekard(dsi compatible) flash cart that I never used since I bought it years ago. Can it work with my n3ds or do I need to get another one? If so, what do you guys recommend?

Luma3DS patches TWL_FIRM so that some old flashcards work again

if it doesn't work with Luma, try this gbatemp.net/threads/twl-slot-1-launcher-first-custom-dsiware-app.414501/

I figured it out. For whatever reason it doesn't seem to like games that are region "all", so I just needed to use Luma's region emulation to force the locale to USA EN.

Or, you know, PocketSNES which does everything the VC emulator does but also does special chip emulation at full speed.

But whatever

ugh, Venezuela.

Are you sure that's not done via standard cloud sync? Square went all-out on FFX's save compatibility and you can easily transfer whatever you want from a PS3. Editing the zone text is nothing new, FFXED even leaves a signature "Edited by FFXED" behind. There's at least a few people saying they managed to edit their save that way.

Is it really that dangerous to hack it? I'm scared now.

I wonder if cross-save exploits are going to become a thing.

i don't think mr.gas has a reason to lie about it

Then don't hack it.

It's basically retard proof as long as you follow the directions and don't do anything stupid.

Being scared doesn't mean that I feel like im gonna fuck it up, im just anxious idk.

Is it possible to dump or edit existing vita themes?

LOOL

If you follow everything properly, it's not, really.
Just use the browser addon provided to make sure you don't miss a step.

>I really wanted to play mario 64 ds
Play the original, it's better.

This is kind of a specific question, but does anyone know why PSPretroarch emulated in VHBL on my Vita doesn't notice the PCE-CD iso/mp3 files that I have in their games' folders? I got retroarch to launch only PCE-CD by changing the eboot to the core-specific one, but it still sees nothing in the folders.

I dunno, the ds one is worth playing if you've wrapped the original. The castle is a little more fleshed out, the minigames are a great addition, and completing the old levels with different characters is great.

It's nice, but using the dpad (or even worse, the touch screen) to move in a 3d environment isn't that good, and the way the game controls in general is better in the original. It's still worth playing it for the added levels, but the original is still the best.

Keep in mind the console versions of RA are really barebones and not at equal parity with the computer/mobile versions.

The PSP was definitely minimal given the delay in the initial porting process, only to fall short. Now that the Vita is at least decent hardware (comparatively) it should garner more attention.

There's touch controls too.
I'm playing through it right now on a dsi and it's pretty fine even with dpad, though i'd recommend a DS lite for it's mushier dpad is better for that kind of control scheme if you're fine with the reduction in screen quality.

>but using the dpad (or even worse, the touch screen) to move in a 3d environment isn't that good
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised I managed to put up with it for the entire game.

Nintendo really missed a great opportunity to re-release that on 3ds instead of two zelda games.

I know, I'm just using the PSP retroarch as a stopgap until work really begins on HENkaku ports. It's just that it's strange that I could play these PCE-CD games on my PSP, which could read the folders and see the files, but when I take it directly from my PSP and import it into VHBL they aren't visible.

I would actually have bought a 3ds for that.
SM64 is the most replayable mario game to me, the DS version is my favourite because i like to just pick it up and knock out a couple stars whenever i get the feeling to play.
It's a weird blind spot too because the greatest innovation of SM64 was how it used an analog stick to navigate a 3d environment, every game has been copying it ever since.

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

What's the best website for buying a NDS flash cart? And what's a good flash cart for using on a N3DS? Doesn't need to be able to play 3DS games, just DS ones.

Doesn't the DS version accept analog input from the 3DS?