/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Caveira is your date tonight edition

Livestream demo
youtube.com/watch?v=n01smDYjg9E
youtube.com/watch?v=MvvD9nkzsns

>Season 3 Operation Skull Rain info

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=JAwgzzN6RfQ
BR leak video: youtube.com/watch?v=Z-iuiuzAYKU

Drops on August 2nd

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/dustline.aspx

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.

legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Blitz is a family man.

Second for Buff Tachanka

So apparently people on the Siege forums are saying that since the season pass expires on December 1st, Ubi might make us buy a second season pass for year 2. Thoughts?

That's how season passes work.

Anyone know the girls name that said she likes to listen to music while operating?

Blitz is actually romantically involved with IQ lorewise.

Why? Are you going to harass her over twitter?

I don't think I've ever played a game that required me to buy 2 season passes. But then again, I don't think Ubi planned on this game surpassing The Division either.

Games generally release DLC for a year or for a set amount that they say before hand. A second year of DLC means buying another season pass, also all of the DLC is technically free if you grind the renown so I don't see the issue.

plus if you had the first season pass you should have a fuck load of renown saved up as long as you didnt blow it on crap skins

That's fair. I'm just wondering when, if ever, they'll release those new game modes.

totally

>Season 4 might actually release on time

Well, they were talking about the new realism mode being in beta, thats why it is only available in custom games. Maybe they'll release it as its own game mode in the future.

I can't wait for the Japanese map. People don't actually want a boring old subway, right?

Reposting from the other thread.

Which operators do you think are getting buffed or nerfed? Will the new attachments indirectly buff your favorite operator? Webm related, hoping Heavy Barrel on Glaz is good.

Barrel attachments won't be available in the initial release of Skull Rain. Only the angled grip is coming so far.

There will likely not be any new Heavy barrel or light barrel, Its_Epi said that there will be only one new attachment, and that is the angled Grip, please stop memeing this ok. In terms of Angled Grip, its literally not going to benefit anyone, its just put in so no one complains that we can only pick the Vertical Grip. Which would you actually pick, being able to ADS a little bit faster, or less recoil?

whoever you fucking OPs are who aren't linking the old threads, i will fucking find you double niggers

I was watching Zankyou No Terror and I was thinking an airport or an Asian brothel would be super cool
Also reposting from other thread, it seems as if Ash's breaching launcher is getting a change, as they weren't allowed to use it during the gameplay demo.

It was already shown in the leaked video. We know they exist, Epi is probably just trying to damage control since they're from a later build.

If we're going by what said, then the leak was probably from a later build when they have the new barrels.

Actually the angled grip could be very useful for machine guns, since they take a long ass time to aim.

Well if it is being added, then its likely that Glaz will be having a great buff. If they add heavy barrel to Shotguns then the new Shotgun meta will be unbearable.

Wonder if we are getting new charms, skins and headgears with this update on Tuesday.

Why aren't other countries' big cities as colorful as nip cities? I may not be a weeb but I have a giant hard-on for their country's aesthetics

>SPAS-15 with heavy barrel

>mfw Pro League Gold Thermite

if everyone hates Favelas, they won't like Favelas Chink edition

>won't be able to add heavy barrel to the smg-11 and kill people by aiming at the floor and letting knockback take care of the rest
feels bad

Unless the reduction in recoil gets buffed or the angled grip offers virtually the same ADS speed, angled is going to be better on every weapon.

Heavy barrels reduce recoil.

well that makes more sense doesn't it, but then what's the point of compensators?

Nope

Do you lads think they will rerelease the Black Ice skins? I'd pay real money to get to use them.

the frost shotty is up now as a bundle with the hunter hat

Heavy barrel to pump shotguns only could work i guess

>that icon
the thing looks like it's going to be a fucking foot long, it's going to look retarded, ESPECIALLY if they let it on the smg11

you can also buy the super 90 black ice separately

Didn't someone talk about how some major changes are inbound for Ash?

I just want the universal Black Ice skin, if that pack came with it I am sure Ubi would make a shit ton of money.

Epi was questioned about it last night and he said "reasons". So there's definitely some sort of change in the works.

>entire barrel is a foot long
have fun getting no accuracy nerds.

they might do a finale sale with all the skins once the year is over, in preparation of year 2

Are we all basically admitting that Year 2 would be shit?
They cant add another 8 operators to the roster without just going full retard tier with the abilities. Even the crossbow is a bit far fetched.

Not really, I've seen some fairly subtle abilities on the Siege forum, such as an attacker that can hack into defenders' cameras or a defender that can climb up walls like in pic related

Year 3 might be stretching it but I think we will be fairly safe on 2

What if during the drone phase, you could hack into the drones, to see what operator is piloting them, so you know which ones to prepare for.

If I don't have the season pass I need to wait 2 weeks for the BR operators?

1 week

Only one week. SP holders get it on August 2nd, non-SP holders get it August 9th.

Map sort like hanamura in overwatch. Mix of temple and city

>attacker that can hack into defenders' cameras
Why do people keep bringing this up when it's counter intuitive and useless?
>Guys, I hacked the defender cam in the hallway
>Teammate behind me shoots it out seconds after

Black eye cameras are often thrown in out of reach places and are used to flank enemies, so this would be a hard counter to it.

Year 2 would just be the Ghosts, Splinter Cell, etc., operators to advertise for Ubi's other games.

>Actually being able to play as Sam Fisher
honestly I wouldn't mind that at all

assasin's creed operator when?

There are operators from Spie's Vs Mercs...

>Europoors would throw a shitfit because Ubi chose to include game operators instead of their country

>germany
>france
>uk
These are like the 3 biggest european countries so I doubt they'd care

CIA SAD, GROM, FSB and South Korean UDT.

>post yfw you belong to the one of only a few relevant European countries

But Spetsnaz operators are FSB. They literally wear uniforms with ФCБ on the back

Oh boy, I would love to play as a Rabbid™.

>female SAS operator with a gas mask never

Ubi areally retarded.
>spetsnaz is just Russian for special forces, doesn't denote a specific unit
>Ubi are retarded and use it for the unit

>They add in throwback operators from the past Rainbow Six games

>female SAS
Kek, never

t. someone who doesn't understand how Poccия does special units.

Spetsnaz is literally "special purpose troops" or an equivalent meaning. By Russian organization, things like DEA gunmen and the Marshals would be Spetsnaz. So although they have ФCБ on their backs, they are still military spetsnaz belonging to Alfa group who have been assigned to work for FSB. This is in game even through the Alfa group patch shown for them.

>we will never get MVD Spetznas or successors
>instead we will get shitty eastern yurope "special" forces

I think it's more of a western thing than a ubisoft thing, much like how people say KGB when they're actually referring to the NKVD.
WHERE'S MY BOI DING CHAVEZ?

Take your pic Ubi, we want Year 2 DLC.

That's what happens when CIA is in charge of all publicity

exactly. Otherwise I could still harbor some hope.

>using Cyrillic and acting like a Russia know it all
Go away faggot no-one cares

Southeast Asian ops never.
>we'll get shit koreans before them

Another American unit

GROM

South Korean UDT or China to get another Asian in the mix

Shitty country someone from Africa hopefully or maybe aussies

I honestly just want another american unit so people get pissed since their super awesome obscure military unit wasnt picked

Unit 777 and make them both female. Make it snappy, Ubishit

>Be a good upstanding British man, with 40 ping
>join game of ranked
>enemy team
>MOHAMMED_TAKBIR
>MOHAMMED_ISLAM
>MOHAMMED_AL_PAKI
>MOHAMMED-1846363
>ACHMEDMOHAMMED
>all 200+
Why the fuck is this allowed

Briexit now

The problem is that most American and western units in general are all equipped very similarly. You want them to look different, but realistically they can't choose any more American ones and not have them wearing the same stuff (multicam crye gear, SCAR/M4)

We get the same in the US with Japs and other assorted gookery. It's annoying, but Ubi and game developers in general refuse to limit OOR play.

It's easy to solve
>can't play in a region other than your own unless you queue with 1 or more people from that region, and they're the host

Do renown prices for the DLC characters ever go down or go on sale or will I have to grind 25k fuckbux to get them?

Ill start taking in the memeX8,Street Sweeper,AA12,F2000

I just want to see the salt when people found out Navy Seals got in

I used to play a shitload of BF3/4, Americans constantly complained about BR players on the forums.

Never heard anything about asians though.

That's a good idea, but they'd never do it.

I don't think they do. There was a JTF2 bundle right before Dust Line came. Both operatorsin one bundle for 35k renown. I don't think they're doing one for the Navy Seals because we would have gotten it by now.

ISIS operator.

>SEALS have no women
>Ubi add a female SEAL
>JTF2 have no women
>Ubi add a female JTF2 Operator
>BOPE have no women
>add one anyway
>GIGN have no women
>add one anyway
>GSG9 have NO women
>add one anyway
Bravo Ubisoft

BOPE has 4 women

The rest you are correct

>fishgun
The Malaysians actually use it, and their frogmen do ops against pirates, which is close enough to CT ops. Otherwise it's just good old American CTUs with it for early 2000s legacy reasons
>Street Sweeper
Hopefully saved for South African ops, hopefully passed over for the Neostead 2000 and switching ammo types
>AA12
why people like this gun is beyond me. No one even uses it. I'd rather we don't get korean ops, but if we do, just give them the USAS12 instead
>F2000
This will probably make it in because it was the Splinter Cell gun. This one I wouldn't mind because the AR33 is fun but the smaller mags and range dropoff kill it. DLC guns don't have those problems.

I can see them adding a female for the jap unit, just because they can

Welcome to your first Tom Clancy game. We've had female ops since 2001.

>this shitpost
>still
Getting tired of this same topic over and over

I bet kapkan and frost hunt together in their free time

>Thunt realistic
>spot both bombs with IQ on top floor in club house
>easy as shit placement
>one bomb can even be defused with everyone camping on the roof
>literally couldn't have been placed better
>tell them
>they breach the strip club
>guys you could just a rappel up the side
>clear the first room to spot the bomb so maybe it'll sink in
>they proceed to go through the bar and get killed
>one guy makes it all the way up the stairs before he gets fucked too
>retrieve defuser and successfully defuse one bomb
>eventually die because it's fucking me against 20 baddies on realistic

I should just let it go, but it bothers me so much because it was the easiest setup the game could have generated, and they not only fail to capitalize on it, but decided to do shit that's retarded under almost every circumstance.

Delta could just be more plain clothes type characters