/mhg/- Monster Hunter General

Just Frontier my shit up

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AQrKLtfBDpM
youtu.be/KNEEqUQMyrU?t=39m24s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

xth for S L U T S

>hating on pinecone

Get lost you cunt, he's the boss

If your huntress isn't brown, you're practically a clown.

I want to give Miss Cat a big, wet, adult kiss!

>not Yukumo Chief
You will give her a kiss

i want to swim with lagiacrus!!!

where did there wet adult kiss meme originate?

How good is Anti-Monster Mine and is it affected by Pro Trapper?

Nowhere. Just forced by this one autist.

>brown
Disgarce. I can't self insert as a nigress.

Monster Hunter is the only game that I can think of that brings this level of autism out in me.
Rest assured, at least when I start hunting with you guys I'll be pretty fucking competent. It happened in 4U when I turned up incredibly late to the party.

HR1 quests
farming for ludroth set
46-9011-1988-4070

forced bro. FORCED. just like every other meme here in Veeky Forumseddit

You can be Meowstress if you are willing to be my gf

It wasn't me who created it.

I was entrusted with the flame of "big wet adult kiss". And I'll make sure to keep it alive until someone else can take my place.

All the same, my cancerous colleague.

There is some hr1 shitter in all the rooms which makes it impossible to post actual high rank quests

I'd rather she gives me a bj

guys I'm using APM to hack my Palicoes since I really dislike playing these cats. While I was checking the gamefaqs thread of records I noticed a Palico skill World's Best or something like that. I can't seem to find that skill in Palicoes and was wondering is this another different translation like Affinity changed to Critical? What's the skill for World's Best?

Thanks

Anyone who's still in low rank wanna knock out some HR2 quests?

06-7002-2599-3326

If you're self inserting as a female huntress at all you're a faggot.

What the hell should I self insert as then?

i've seen this but there was this one guy who was wearing some kind of ninja garb as an LS and did some HR hunts with us. pretty cool though, i really taught he'd die a couple of minutes in

She'd prefer a child

>Gold Rathian
>carve 2 Gleams
>2 additional ones in the rewards

Well that was easy

H-HEY!

Please respond, I must be doing something wrong! I finally managed to get one, but this is hell.

do hellblade and cut his tail instead

2 slots left

For my first bow set,
Rapid Up
Trueshot Up
Load Up
Weakness Exploit
Should I?

I want to occupy Meowstress' throat with my fondue stick!

But I'm still in village!

If you guys are in High Rank, sub 300 defense isn't enough. That will get you OHKO, especially against a level 9 deviant monster no matter how good you are.

>pubs carting to akantor
>the slowest monster with the biggest fucking tells of all time

people are really this bad?

>just finished hr4 urgent
>now this shit

fucking stupid
>wahhh lr monsters aren't challenging with hr gear
they aren't challenging period

>decide to fuck around with LBG because I have 3+ of every single rare mat
>make a LBG for every element (Mizu, Zim Zam, Khezu, Rath)
>create the ultimate slut-suit that also has all the required LBG skills

Getting boners and good clear times is the best thing ever.

>Element Up OR (Element) +2
>Rapid Fire
>Trueshot Up
>Wide Range (charm had it as a second skill)
>~360 defense

I've considered trying to squeeze in Load Up, but it's not really necessary since I'm just spamming Adept rolls and Full House 3 out the wazoo.

>being this bad at Veeky Forums

>all you need for a good bow set is shaggy armor

Holy shit you guys weren't kidding.

What a fucking joke.

You need Focus on there, but it's otherwise excellent. Hopefully you don't look like a fucking ugly clown.

>that downer face

Do any of the DLC Kill event quests give anything decent besides the Remobra one?

Focus > rapid up > Ammo Saver > WE > trueshot up

I saw some guy in HR having some 512+ of defense or something. Is this possible or is this hacked?

That's mainly what I was asking about, I see some people not running focus because of haste rain or weakness exploit, and I don't know which one is more important.

What if I'm doing it because I want to be raped and humiliated by monsters?

I've been meaning to fix it and the voice when I get the chance via save editing (voice 9 is fine though I think). I absolutely refuse to edit for anything but stuff like that.

>Make a request room
>Nobody joins

Why did Capcom make these things work like urgents again?

so whats this mixed silver los set that everybody says is the best?

now you know to avoid ichinose in the future

Whatever you want. I didn't say you couldn't self insert as a female huntress, I just meant if you do you're a faggot.

>is this hacked

No, why? You can get more than 700 with good rarity armor, fully upgraded. I don't know what the max is in this game, but it goes much higher than 512.

It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Runs pretty smoothly, too.

Haste rain is a supplement to Focus, not a replacement (not to mention Focus + Haste makes you belt shots out like crazy). I'd recommend dropping WE or Trueshot for Focus, and then you're basically using the Time Attack set that most Japs use.

what? I didn't realize that the old thread was on its way to 404ing

No, the max defense on endgame armours in 120 or 124 a piece of something. Add in charms, talons etc and its doable.

Whatever you say Perfect Monster Roster.

That's no way to talk to a lady. You're mean.

Seriously how do you unlock mosgharl armor? I have the shit to make it this is stupid. Is it a request reward or something?

Oh yeah, I posted that list too. Wasn't trying to hide it or anything

You can be anyone you want somewhere else.

Which one do you guys think is more important for?

Rapid Up or TrueShot Up?

Which do I want to play /mhg/?

>Striker SnS
>Striker Lance
>Aerial Hammer
>Aerial Glaive
>Adept CB

Rapid gives 1.1x for all shots. Trueshot gives 1.2x only for power shots. More often than not, you won't be firing a power shot off due to not having enough time.

GitGud+2

first two or don't bother

Didnt there use to be a skill that made rapid fire from LBG fire one extra shot? Did that get cut?

Striker SnS.
Aerial a shit and Striker Lance is too much of a one button weapon with the broken ass charge, and this is coming from an ex-GS main.

How do i unlock the EX and R version of an armor set?
For example; i did alot of HR rath and dreadking, but dont have EX or R sets yet. Should i be doing hyper rath?

Aerial Glaive.

Now that I answered you, tell me what IG I want to make for mid HR.

hayabusa
silver
silver
fish
silver
charm

>never ending rajang farming replaced by never ending narga farming

This is worse imotbhfam.

You mean that long charge or the forward advance with perfect guard frames?

You're a different kind of degenerate.

Anyone who knows nip want to tell me what armor pieces / skills this guys has?

youtube.com/watch?v=AQrKLtfBDpM

At least narg is fun.

Villager requests

>Best monster worse than monkey dick
Ha

The move that comes out when you press special attack/kick. The forward running charge. The stab finisher to it now has a motion value of 70(SEVENTY) and a faster recovery when using Striker.
It's fucking obscene.

Anyone else hate how much space some of the panels at the bottom waste for no good reason?

The single hunter arts slot one for example needs two slots. Why? There is unneeded space and background to the left and right of the gauge, I don't need that

Why does the "target monster" button need 2 spaces?

I would fight 100 Nargas before I fought another Rajang.

In fact, I might be close to that goal already.

Can someone explain to me how lance is suppose to be fun at all? I thought lance was suppose to be offensive...vs what? Large monsters only. This weapon is the least fun I've ever had in a MH game. I timed out fighting low rank rathalos because I can never fucking gets hit it. Any most terms that moves a lot just runs through you and too far for you to catch up. Hopping is useless because the mosterst run through you a drink far. The reach on its air poke is God awful and hardly reaches anything thato flies. This weapon feels absolutely awful vs any monester that's medium sized and moves aot. I've taken this rathalos down with every other slow weapon in 10 minstrel or less, but lance? Horrid damage because it can't fucking gets keep up with the moster.

Can someone explain to me why Focus isn't neccessary for a bow set anymore, and why I should go for TrueShot Up instead?

Also what does a good HBG look like? What skills, assuming I'm using a normal shot gun

Narga is fun.
Enegy blade Narga on the other hand.

What's the matter goy, don't you have a n3ds so you can free up the space the virtual dpad takes?

Sorry for typos new phones auto correct hasn't learned my habits yet

>Can someone explain to me why Focus isn't neccessary for a bow set anymore

Who the fuck would tell you that?

Focus = (Shot Up) > Load Up > Trueshot Up > other skills

Your absolute core skills are Focus and Rapid/etc Up.

You're supposed to have Evasion+1 which helps you not get knocked down so you have a constant, steady stream of damage. That's what lance is good for, but you have to be good at it.

Im not above cheap shit. Should I pick two evades and the enraged guard or drop one evade move for the shield assault?

how do you unlock all the hero weapons? I did all the village quests with speech bubbles but all i got was the hero sword and shield

What's stopping you from doing that as a male hunter? That's what I do.

I commonly see double evade + whatever.

Getting knocked down isn't my issue I never get knocked down. Movement heavy monsters run through and too far away to catch up before running at you again. I dont see how evasion fixes this issue

I've killed lagombi online and I'm HR2. Why can't I buy any snowbaron passes?

Clear any village quest that features a large monster that you haven't beaten yet to get more requests. I unlocked the dual blades after clearing 6* Tigrex.

GENTLEMEN

Let us go into stupid shit territory that is not Frontier or saying FU was difficult for good reasons and think of new territories that could be in the next game.

I was replaying this game called Xardion and this section got me thinking.
youtu.be/KNEEqUQMyrU?t=39m24s

We already have dimensional traveling monsters, why not create a monster so large that buried itself into the Earth and is not only integrating itself into it (which makes it a threat since the larger it gets, the more of the planet it makes uninhabitable, but creates life on its body to disguise and to protect itself? The point being you have a specific area that looks like your average, peaceful grassy area. but anything and everything you think is a harvest node turns into monsters which try to kill you. The clam shaped rock nodes from article maps? The crystals are in its mouth and they shoot them at you. Mushrooms? They fly into the air and can rain various powders on you, both beneficial: (stamina and health, or harmful: poison, paralyze, and every blight.) Plants and trees? They all crawl or jump around trying to pin or knock you over. You could create variations from the various items you collect really.

After dealing with the outside, you also go into the monster itself fighting all sorts of giant parasites and bacteria creatures and if you hit sensitive spots of the monster, the whole map shakes and shifts similar to how the Wyvern nest areas in 4U could. Maybe have acid sections where it rises and sinks to reveal the weak points.

It's so stupid, it could work.

The Jap speedrunners use and ignore focus. In fact, if you look at all the top competitive clear times, you'll see that

>True Shot Up: 120 (91%)
>Load Up: 118 (90%)
>Normal Up: 111 (84%)
>Weakness Exploit: 92 (70%)
>Attack Up: 62 (47%)

Focus isn't even there. There's two reasons. The first, is that if you can bushido evade often, focus is not needed. The second, is because there is NO feasible set that can contain both Load Up / True Shot Up / Normal Up + Focus. Essentially, Load Up / Trueshot is always exclusive with Focus.

And it also happens to be the case Load Up + Trueshot is better for the Teostra bow in terms of damage, even if you don't bushido evade often. Charge 2 then Powershot procs the benefit of Load Up (G Rank damage on a high rank weapon).

It's not that focus is bad, it's great. But there just happens to be a much better option for Teostra's bow.

What's wrong user? Too hayai for you?

stop taking those fucking memers seriously.

You can't replace focus with HAs. And when you activate that rain shit you will spend another 3 minutes without being able to use it.

I remember reading somewhere that that skill is coming in DLC's as a reward of some sort or on special palicoes.