Throughtout history has there ever been a civilization or culture...

Throughtout history has there ever been a civilization or culture, as left/liberal as the majority of western societies that we live in today?

Sorry for my bad English.

No. The modern day west is the first of its kind will most likely be the last as a liberal democracy is unsustainable.

If we're going to make historical comparisons then probably the founding fathers of the USA.

>liberal
>pic
Wrong use of the word liberal, but I get what you mean. Progressivism and conservatism are both subjective so it's extremely hard to define who was more progressive and who was not.

Is the guy who 30 years ago was pro-gay more progressive than the guy in 70 years that'll be fighting for dragonkin rights or something?

>applying left/right, liberal/conservative categories to the remote past

oh boy.

The moriori.

This is the worst thing people do.

>when someone describes the Gracchi as 'radical leftists'

Modern day liberalism/conservatism is kind of in their own camp right now. But reading up on Ancient Rome and Greece gives me an impression of left-leaning politics at times. Come to think of it, Pre-Christianity Rome comes pretty close to modern day liberalism. Or at least the strawmanised version of liberalism you see being blared about on /pol/. The ones about muh degeneracy and other fun things.

I can't stop but laugh when i see people from certain countries complaining about the refugees. The governments from countries like USA, France, UK, Germany, Canada and others...have helped financially and military the creation of ISIS. Did anyone saw any of those people complaining when they gave their precious taxes money to create ISIS? No, ofc not.
Not that the shit is leaking and it has become a problem, they don't want no refugees.
Don't forget to keep voting for the same "centre" parties folks! Remember...radicalism is evil!!!!!

Rome fell because of degeneracy.

Every civilization goes through this shit right before it collapses.

Civil degeneracy, not moral.

It is difficult to tell. In terms of somthing like accepting completely outsiders into your society, how can you compare a society which faces the threat of famine with one where people often suffer from obesity?

Maybe some tribe in the past was exceptionally egalitarian despite the environmental pressures placed on them, but there is no conclusive proof.

>government funds ISIS in secret, away from citizen's knowledge
>now they and their children must pay for that
t. smelly abdul

>Not moral
Who are you to decide what is moral you faggot.
I'm not gonna discuss this either go suck a penis sir.

Roman commander
>Sir, there are Barabrians are at the gates. What shall we do?

City governor
>It is clear what we must do.

Roman commander
>Shall we call for reinforcements and launch a counterattack when they arrive?

City governor
>What kind of heretical nonsense is this?!? We must give them and offer them shelter. You don't want to burn in eternal hell do you!

Roman commander
>...

The commander and all his soldiers were later burned at the stake for praying to Fortuna and trying to prevent looting in the streets

> he doesn't know other 100 reasons

Capitalism is the main source for creating degeneracy. It creates amoral societies, sons who don't give a fuck about their parents when they're old, etc.
It creates individualism and everyone for itself mentalityu, so society is much less tied together.
It creates crime, it creates psychopaths, it creates schizophrenia, it creates stress.
People talk about how there's freedom and how everybody has freedom of choice and opportunity. Where is it? because everywhere i go i see the same stores, the same restaurants. And even if they have different names, chances are they all belong to the same corporation. Like how there 5 or 6 major beer companies who own together dozens of other beer brands, kek.
Things are falling alright. It's the end of capitalism. Next big financial crisis and it will be it. Capitalism is tied together with wires. They're close to break up....

>Throughtout history has there ever been a civilization or culture, as left/liberal as the majority of western societies that we live in today?
As left? Yes, pick any communist country. As Liberal? hard to say.

>liberal democracy is unsustainable.
The opposite seems evident in today's world.

>Did anyone saw any of those people complaining when they gave their precious taxes money to create ISIS? No, ofc not.
YES WE DID
Fucking liar
Go ahead and find any western poll about "should we involve ourselves in all this middle eastern bullshit ?" the results will be overwhelmingly negative
You think they even asked for our opinion ? No

inb4 "you voted for it" there's like 30% of people in those countries who voted for the complete opposite of all this
but these people "deserve it anyways", WELL THEN, i guess you too deserve to get bombed, because some of your countrymen are retarded terrorists ? moron

>applying politic shit that only makes sense now to people thousands of years ago

>The opposite seems evident in today's world.
You mean the world where liberal democracies are failing as they get colonized by totalitarian religious fanatics?

>hypothermia
>communism

What

Victorian Britain.