Hey guys. Would you buy this bmw 325i? It has 135k miles and hes asking 4300. My budgt is 5000

Hey guys. Would you buy this bmw 325i? It has 135k miles and hes asking 4300. My budgt is 5000.

louisville.craigslist.org/cto/5574215286.html

Other urls found in this thread:

louisville.craigslist.org/cto/5530098728.html
thegarage.jalopnik.com/four-reasons-why-you-need-to-buy-a-bmw-e39-540i-right-n-1659284463
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>bmw

b-b-but muh luxury :(

Corolla is more luxurious

>leather
looks like ripped up vinyl to me. that car is very base model, not my thing but in that shape more like 3500 max

Find a manual one
I own a 2003 325i btw, nice car.

is that for tranny issues or just fun? because i dont know how to drive stick.

>not an M
>over 100k miles

no

Hellz no.

>used BMW
>100k+
>less than $5k
super lol
Just get a civic you fucking idiot.

i dont understand, if i can afford the bmw why get a civic

never buy an automatic unless there is a good reason
they're less reliable, less fun, slower, general stupid cuck shit

but i cant drive one. and i dont have anyone to teach nor any desire to learn.

Tranny issues.
If you have $5k, get a late model (2001-2003) 530i. 3 series cars get a huge boyracer tax and the 5 series is much more likely to have good options.
And yes, manual is a necessity. Don't worry about not knowing stick, you'll learn.

Then stop looking at BMWs, because manual is the only viable option.

If you know how to work on cars or are willing to learn then do whatever you want. Cost of ownership will be within a marginal range of each other.
If you have to pay a shop to do your shit, don't buy a BMW because any shop trained to work on them is going to rape you in labor.

Okay I found this 2003 540i

louisville.craigslist.org/cto/5530098728.html

Which according to this jalopnick article: thegarage.jalopnik.com/four-reasons-why-you-need-to-buy-a-bmw-e39-540i-right-n-1659284463 is a beast. Yes its an auto but that doesnt mean its automatically going to break, right?!

No, it means you'll be stuck with a shitty GM slushbox transmission. Stay clear.

>that doesn't mean it's automatically going to break, right?
They die pretty consistently right around 150k.

literally have that exact same car with close to the same mileage, 325i auto with 117k miles. very fun car, parts are expensive, labor is insane. feel free to ask questions. had it since 58k miles

The common rule with 10+ year old BMW's is you should be ready to dump the same amount of money you bought it for into maintenance/repairs within the first few months.

Okay, take the 540i. Assume its been well taken care of, it has a history for reliability right?

>$5000
Forget about German cars, you can't afford the maintenance.

MAN

COME ON MAN

Why do people brag about being a cuck who drives an auto and pays a mechanic? While still being on an automotive enthusiast board?

did it really sound like he was bragging, to you?

Srs. seen too many a poorfag who got old beeeemers right outta HS. The parts are expensive and mechs know you're a moron so they charge extra.

hahaha im not trying to brag man, i got the car as a hand me down from my brother. im currently in the process of swapping the suspension to bilstein coilovers and am doing a transmission swap to a sequential shifter. so far ive ripped out the interior, and put in a racing spec rollcage. so, in essence, no i do not drive an auto, nor pay a mechanic. and i would classify myself as an automotive enthusiast.

on top of the fact that i happen to own the exact car that OP is asking about, and was just trying to lend my experience with the car to OP on his question

Have you had to do any expensive maintenance? Hows the tranny holding up?

no, i dont think the maintenance has been expensive. personally i have had to replace the differential, which when quoted by the BMW dealership was a 4k job, which i bought a used one from ebay for 500. the alternator was also a 1k job quoted from BMW, which can be bought new for 200, these have been the most expensive things ive had to replace on it so far. the auto transmission has been a tank in my experience, even with my asshole driving style

The engine and drive train have a history of reliability but the rest of the car not so much.

these have of course been during its second half of its life over a period of 60k miles, and along with brakes and such id say yearly maintenance is something like 1200? im spitballing here

welp, im sold. thanks beemer bro.

rest of you should have this board renamed n/o/ fun

my 325i is very fun despite only having 192hp
drifts like a mad cunt
it pulls on most economy cars as well

any time my friend

i would also recommend bookmarking turner motorsports for parts and pelican parts for OEM parts and writeups

i would recommend bookmarking turner motorsports for aftermarket/oem parts, and pelican parts for oem parts/guides on parts replacements. also purchase a bentley guide on car repair, so that you can learn to wrench. its very easy to move from a simple job like your wipers if your inexperienced to build confidence, to doing your oil changes/tire rotations/brakes, to doing some more advanced things like your timing belt, diff swaps, etc.

>>used BMW
k+

My e90 n52 has been stupid reliable. So far just clutch and sensors here and there. Just research what you get

Don't listen to these guys tryna sell you a shitbox for some reason but theyre right about it being a bit overpriced. I bet you could knock 750 off just talking to em

With 110 miles so far* forgot to put