/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

lunch dates with meg! edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE
Pastebin with all of the values (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6
Saved game with everything unlocked or whatever: mediafire.com/download/3qmzt3ok3p47xqw/TakeTHATsociety.profje

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.0.4)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/359543951733734322/

>Report hackers
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206087328621/

>Report bugs
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/7/

I like this

This thread will be dead by daylight

When you want the sauce on that sandwich...

>be me
>change Steam name to "Justin Trudeau"
>play Wraith 24/7
>always grind points with survivors
>never kill anyone
>because
>if you kill your enemies, they win

Joke's on them.

Every time Anonymous parrots this joke it gets more forced.

Ready up Jake

Quality matchmaking.

I usually let one of them live when it happens and try to make it look like I was trying. Dwight was the lucky boy tonight.

This is the perk combo I want on all my killers.

It's really strong against try hard SWF shitheads

I don't know what to say. They kept throwing themselves at the hook before I could walk away. One stepped into the trap I had just placed.

???

I know you've had a rough couple of daily rituals /dbdg/, but don't give up. Just keep trying. You'll get them all cleared eventually.

You did remember to do your daily rituals, right /dbdg/?

I have a hard time doing the heal teammates one because everyone is a self care gaylord.

alright hear me out - if it is the wraith as the killer, why don't the survivors just stick together and kick the shit out of him when he shows up?
think about it. this wouldn't work for the trapper because the trapper is massive and has a meat cleaver type weapon and potentially a trap. the billy, while not being as physically imposing, is stil decently built and could get some choice swings with the hammer or grabs/punches, not to mention his fuckin chainsaw. but what about the wraith? the wraith is just a skinny guy with a club. that's it. he's not very scary, is built like a twig, and can only do weird ass ding dong invisibility power which doesn't seem to affect the survivors at all. his weapon is also a lot less effective than the other two killers, seeing as it's a club it's a blunt weapon, meaning it's not very effective against a group like a cutting type of weapon like the cleaver/chainsaw would be. so why don't they just wait with their backs against the wall beat the wraith's ass in? it's not like he could fight back, especially once the club is taken care of..

It's not a club. It's a hook. Hillbilly has a 'club'

Did you even watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre breh, it's a sledgehammer

I recognize Spies from the Shadows, Shadowborn, and Deerstalker, but what is the last one?

Yes I know. I said 'club' because the dude was complaining about the Wraith's weapon being blunt. When it isn't.

Oh, yep. It's weird, it's wielded like a club but it's a sharp weapon.
If Wraith wanted to, he could totally wield it like a hook.

Iron grasp

This never gets old.

Dwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

>tfw body blocking
even better than hearing a trap snare someone

>These are the people that want NOED nerfed

>tfw no NOED to punish gatecampers yet

>Update
And soon it will be nerfed :^)

i tried to help my man

I don't even want it anymore.

>hiding your name

pussy

Because, you dumb fuck, they most likely tried that thousands of deaths in the past, or during their first few dozens deaths. Remember they're stuck in a hellish limbo doomed to repeat this shit over and over again like a deadly version of Groundhog's Day. My guess is that the killers simply can't be physically overpowered because that's not part of the Entity's game, and it controls all.

The killers are all imbued with some of the Entity's power, but there's no way the survivors could physically overpower these beings regardless. Constantly described as beasts, they're already stronger, larger, whatever than the survivors.

Exactly. Each of these fuckers are like 7 feet tall capable of sprinting while carrying someone on their shoulder Forest Gump style. There's no stopping the rape train except with pallets and such, and only because the Entity finds that entertaining.

So what just happened? As a killer I was getting so many points, had hooked everybody at least once, I had the last generators all close together and had trapped all the jukespots and gate levers, and even though there was one generator left to repair they all just escaped?

They all got out through the hatch :^)

>Lore says he ripped a guys head and spine out barehanded

ok.

But how? Skeleton key? I thought that it only opened it for the person using it.

And then there's shit like this
You know how exactly motherfucking HARD IT IS TO PULL OUT SOMEONE'S SPINE? PEOPLE HAVE DONE THE SCIENCE YOU KNOW.

For one, your spine isn't fucking free-floating inside of your body so you'd have to rip the rest along with it too. Second, pulling a part of the spine out like that, cleanly? Near impossible even with mechanical assistance.

Skeleton Key something something

All survivors can jump in it at once
They probably were in a group together and decided to go with that for the achievement, there's a secret one you can get for all four survivors escaping through the hatch at once.

>you'd have to rip the rest along with it too
If you read the bio, the rest of his body was already crushed to hell and beyond in the compressor. The head was the only thing poking out.

>pulling a part of the spine out like that, cleanly?
Who says it was clean?

By cleanly I mean without it snapping into pieces while doing it, pulling other things along with it, etc. Think man, think. This isn't the first time we've tried to pull out a man's spine.

Remember, like I said. The body was already compressed. Who knows what fucked-up situation was going on with the dude's internal organs and bones in relation to his alive?

It being compressed might make it even harder. Pulling out a spine is gorilla tier stuff, hell, even a gorilla would find it challenging.

desu senpai if I was stuck in that game I'd just lay down and die letting them get every round. The entity will most likely get bored and just kill me for real or turn me into a crow or some shit. Then I don't have to play these stupid games.

Well you're a puss with no backspine. The Entity knows which people to take, the ones that keep struggling eternally.

I'm no puss, but it would just get boring after awhile. If there was an actual chance of escape or if the death games were spruced up like I had a chance of killing the killer then yeah, maybe.

But being thrown into the same
>Repair generator -> Run away
routine every day is just boring desu

In the lore they probably do a lot more shit, we are getting entirely new types of maps in the future and such, so, we don't even have the entire picture yet.

It's implied that every time you "die" you lose a bit of your soul every time until you become a killer yourself famalam. The Entity doesn't let you off the hook that easy.

>Dwight as a killer
Come on now. The fuck is he going to do, hide in a closet us all to death?

Only a few killers are smart enough to either stop right before or to cloak as Wraith and just get there before you, if they're standing a little in front of it cloaked, there's no way you can interact with it.

>finally got teachable shadowborn
still can't play the other killers until it shows up though, fuck me.

>Can't play
Why? You one of those guys that gets headaches with low FOV? You should know that Shadowborn is getting a FOV nerf soon.

I hate it when survivors stop right at pallets because it puts us at a stalemate, except they're technically the ones winning because of their idiot friends shitting up the gens.

without level 2 shadowborn the killers feel ridiculously slow, even though their speed is no different.

Feels like i'm moving at literally half speed when comparing level 3 shadowborn to no shadowborn.

It's completely valid though, they need to stall you, some people are braver than others and will actually go out and do this to keep you away from their shitty team mates. I don't think I've ever had a pallet stalemate before. I'm the host so I have some advantage when it comes to reaction time. I can usually lunge, hit them and end up next to them as they throw down the pallet, not getting stunned.

You could also make the same argument for infinijuking, though. Yeah, sure, it's in the game, and it's the killer's fault for staying on you instead of on the gens, but really, it's just kind of shitty. You're never supposed to be at a stalemate with the killer. Run or get run over.

However, if not for pallet stalemates, this could never have happened.

Except infinijukes aren't put there by the devs intentionally, it was a behavior they never expected to happen and also never wanted. A little stalling around pallets, that's fine.

So I just had two survivors hiding in adjacent closets in the basement...

Why would anyone do this? They were in the two right near the stairs, and the second one didn't even try to run away as I hooked his bud.

Were they Dwights?

One of them was, of course.

Only one?

What is some mandatory viewing, /dbdg/?

I say:
>Psycho (1960) [to see where it all began]
>The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) [Leatherface = Hillbilly, plus it's interesting to see the slasher genre before-and-after Halloween]
>Halloween (1978) [essentially made the slasher genre] and Halloween II (1981) [optional, but more of the original Michael Myers is always a good thing]
>Friday the 13th franchise [Jason ≈ Trapper]
>A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) [Freddy ≈ Wraith, I suppose] [also watch the others, I guess, they're pretty good, maybe, IDK]
>Predator (1987) [Predator = Wraith, plus it's Arnold in his prime]

All in this order, of course.

The Cabin in the Woods?

Good catch, didn't think of that.
I keep hearing that it's kino, should I see it?

Not a classic the ones you listed but worth watching.

>survivors are total ass
>don't get enough points to pip because they die so quickly

I even let them get each other off hooks and they got 1 generator for the entire match.

If you compare the models, isn't he still like seven feet tall or more? He's not THAT skinny either, especially compared to the survivors.

I think he's the tallest Killer, maybe?

hmmm

Whatever was he thinking?

holy fucking shit man why is it all the killers have retarded perks and shit while i'm sitting with 12 meter sight on allies

I KEEP GETTING FUCKING REKT WHAT THE FUK

Maybe you shouldn't be using the worst survivor, dwightfriend.

So are daily rituals even worth it because from what I can tell just winning seems to be better.

Also fuck everyone else for 'helping' when it gets me fucking caught, i'm so tired of fucking coming into a game and hearing the bing bongs of a wraith and finding out they fucking rank 1 when i can't even get PAST FUCKING RANK 20

daily rituals are great for earning points, you just have to adjust your playstyle to accommodate it a bit usually. Unless it's a "as Dwight" ritual in which case you should dodge it as soon as possible.

I know i need to get good, and since i'm coming late to the game all the killers are ready with the noobloob in their hand.

Also I always have trouble getting away, i can't ever seem to break line of sight long enough to stop sprinting. I know once I get better with the maps it will be easier, but it frustrates me how bad I am.

It can be frustrating user, but once you break rank 20 you'll just start progressively climbing. Most people are good at either hiding and not being found, or getting away when found. If it's not the latter for you, your best bet may just be to stay hidden at all times. I'd also recommend playing some KYF with a bud or two and get a feel for some of the maps, especially shelter woods, Thompson house and rancid abattoir. Those are some of the harder maps to survive on, so being familiar with them will be useful.

I have no friends that bought this game unfortunately but i'll stick with it, just took a break to bitch about it and read some tips.

Fair enough.

But seriously, don't play Dwight. Pick up literally anyone else and play them instead. Playing matches as killer is also a good way to familiarize yourself with maps and give you a good idea of how killers will behave based on your own experience

>start lobby
>lvl 50 Jake with blood on face enters with toolbox in hand
>mfw

I hope you burned that memento mori you'd been saving.

Nah, he dodged because he can't handle the heat.

Nah, into the trash as usual.
My trashing will stop when RNGesus gives me Iron Grip.

We slow Monday morning now.

just google rule 34 dead by daylight, it's on paheal.

>Predator (1987) [Predator = Wraith, plus it's Arnold in his prime]

Horror/Slasher film at its finest

Pure Kino

Got my first dwight caught jumping to the hatch. It felt great.

I'm very curious about the next Killer. I want to know who it is.

Is there a way to ip block killers? Ive had a few people I BM'd in previous a match get disconnected at the start of another.

what is the devs justification for making this game a massive grind?

It's a deep, rewarding progression system to them user.

They should bring back infinites. This game is way too scary now.

That's kind of the idea user.

SAY THAT TO MY FACE FUCKER NOT ONLINE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

>Computer crashes as I'm about to hook the final survivor

THANKS FOR LOSING ME THE PIPS COMPUTER

>play trapper
>3 minutes in I have only 2 traps left

How am I supposed to play like this?

Pick them up often.

Only pre-emptively trap areas you pass often like juke spots in the middle of the map.

I always trap the little shack's window. 50% of games it gets someone.

I do it if a generator is in there, otherwise I leave it be since some people forget that it's not a good place to lose the killer now that there's only one window.