Alright Veeky Forums, I wont be getting a car for a while. But I was thinking of buying an engine...

alright Veeky Forums, I wont be getting a car for a while. But I was thinking of buying an engine, building it in my garage fully, and then buying a shell and dropping it in. I was thinking it would save me a lot of time and money, and I could buy a shell of craigslist that was already in race spec. Is this a good idea, or way to complicated?

pic related thinking of building a quad rotor

bump

>quad rotor
>$20,000 later
Still no car to put it in

Or you could build an LS1 or a 350 you fucking idiot

shut the fuck up, thats literally the most retarded idea ive ever heard

so? wouldn't it be cheaper to do it?

If your trolling then gtfo im here for legit answers

Since there has never been a production vehicle with a 26B, you're going to need a specialized shop to fabricate the parts. Which directly translates into "just fuck my wallet up".

If you really want a beefy rotary, try importing or seeking locally for a 20B 3-rotor since those actually are obtainable.

>he doesn't know what a 4 rotor costs.
Holy fuck you're in for a ride.

Or just do an ls1 swap. It's cheaper, more reliable and produces actual torque

>so much concentrated ignorance in one post
Wew

wow, gtfo im looking for legit answers

You're clearly retarded. Or trolling.

Prove me wrong

mfw someone is impersonating me to build one himself

>Wants to save time and money building an engine now to drop in a shell later
>Considering a 4 rotor

You're probably better off ripping a 2jz NA motor out of a junkyard car and rebuilding it, if you really want to save money... otherwise good luck lol.

sorry bros, was other engine building, im the real one, im not retarded ill take your advice

or am I lol

>op clearly wants something unique and off the beaten path of car engines.
>lol fuck imagination just swap in the most unoriginal dime-a-dozen engine everybody's overdone to death.

Do a 4age. It's easy and fun. Plenty of parts available. All cheap to do. And can go into FF, FR, or MR cars. So you'll have an easy time installing it. Or you can sell it very easily.

THIS is more retarded than a SBC or a LS1

kys pls

Shut up impostor

thanks this is the real me. I was thinking of that maybe but i dont think it can be built to be very powerful. Also its kinda tame if I were to go for a normal engine especially a 4 cylinder I would go a boxer or something. Rotaries have such great acceleration.

If you really want to build a rotary engine start with a 13b, you can find the factory repair manuals with step by step instructions and tools needed. You can put it in alot of cars or any rx7. It's still a stupid idea buy a full car it will always be cheaper, easier, and it won't take 5 years to finish

>build engine
>drop in car
>cheaper
>saving time

You're in for one hell of a ride.