I don't know why, but I'm in love with this piece of shit

I don't know why, but I'm in love with this piece of shit.

eastidaho.craigslist.org/cto/5532602237.html

Other urls found in this thread:

lexington.craigslist.org/cto/5580212237.html
lexington.craigslist.org/cto/5581046984.html
lexington.craigslist.org/cto/5575941198.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go for it.
Fix it up.
Throw an LS1 into it.
???
Profit!

Idabro?
Caldwell here. Not spic

Idaho Falls. I am also not spic.

>Throw an LS1 into it.
For only $500 right?

Why is it only $1500, Veeky Forums?

How fucked is this thing?

Considering that odometer only goes up to 99999, it's probably done 183k, rather than the 83k listed.

It'll only take an afternoon

that's not a lot if you're planning on fixing it up/engine swapping it.

too bad that's not possible in europe and they go for 4k+ in almost fucked condition
I do love the 924s looks though

Just get a 944.

To make your 924 good you will eventually end up replacing pretty much everything with 944 parts.

Pic related - my 924. I am too poor to replace everything with 944 parts though. In over five years of driving it I have had only negative comments about the car - too poor to buy another car though. Not for the faint hearted...

>too bad that's not possible in europe
That entirely depends on the country. Hell, my hyper-leftist country allows swapped cars on the roads no problem, as long as they pass inspection.

Guaranteed to be a money pit. But wow that's a low price. If you don't expect performance of any kind (the guy who said a 944 is better in every way is correct), it could make a fun toy.

I remember doing some reading that it was a bitch to do swaps well, gut that ho and put in a butchery of a solid rear axle

Nampa, here. Low prices and the lack of rust makes cars in southern Idaho awesome.

If the car runs and it's a 2nd car, sounds like a deal. These old cars with hard to find parts are not economical, but neither is buying a new car. Make a budget and try to be realistic about the scope of work and cost.

My opinion is that you should stay away. Save your money and look for a 924S (basically a base 944 but without the box fenders) or a 944.

>Low prices
I will say you don't get a lot of "I know what I got" assholes in the area
>lack of rust
In my experience it is either almost no rust, or the car is completely fucked

My primary reason I love it so much is because of the look for that that price. It would certainly not be a DD. I'm just struggling to figure out why it is $1500. I've heard how the 924 is full of problems, but unless the odometer is actually reading 183k like said I can't believe the price.

It doesn't necessarily have to be 183k.

It could be 283k, or even 383k for all we know.

>383k
I would spend the $1500 just to hear what this adorable pile of trash has been through.

I just picked up a MR2 in Meridian for $520, but the motor is in wretched shape. Sometimes cars are cheap because they need work, but sometimes you are just in the right place at the right time. Go check it out. The only way to know is to call the guy.

Even with a wrecked motor that price isn't terrible.

I've noticed the Boise area is ripe with MR2's every time I have looked for one.

go check it out OP, with cash in hands

hey Veeky Forumsrphans, resident poorfag here.

which one is my best choice?

>92 Carolla, 160k miles, $1400
lexington.craigslist.org/cto/5580212237.html
>88 Accord, 200k+/- miles, $800
lexington.craigslist.org/cto/5581046984.html
>2000 Focus ZTS, 180k miles, $1400, autotragic
lexington.craigslist.org/cto/5575941198.html