Policy renewal

>Policy renewal
>$548 a month
>$6576 annually

I think I just had a heart attack, anyone else get crazy fucking premiums from their retarded insurance company?

ontario?

Recently went from learner to restricted (NZ), was $52/m and is now 108/m with my new licence.

What the fuck.

$167.00/mo for basic liability at 21

Im in nz have shit history because "boy racer" i drive a modded wrx and my full cover is 60/m

Ya and BASIC liability and I'm 25.

Been riding since I was 17, am 26 in 2 weeks, drive an unmodified Mx5.
No crashes, only 2 tickets to my name.
So much wat.

>>$548 a month
Jesus Christ, I've been quoted $300 a month full insurance for a brand new vehicle and I even have an accident on record, the fuck is up with Canada?

>full comprehensive
>$1,200/ yr
STRAYA CUNT

Im 24 have lost my licence once lots of tickets (not proud, just honest) still have unpaid fines, have claimed insurance for 4 accidents but none were my fault , all were drivers (3woman 1man) 2 red light runners and 2 stop sign but im on my fulll class 1 & 2

breh we cant pay out because obscure clause x y and z
we stretch chassis back to full length 4u
only costs more than what your car is worth new
oh and your premium just went up

Who the fuck are you insured by and what coverage lol.

Ive got full cover through aon insurance but ive been with them for years and have other vehicles insured with them, they havr never asked for my fine history thank god i cant remember them all

How many bridges did you destroy?

>being a Asian driver

$375 a month full insurance for me

500 a month 3rd party
20 year old no driving record
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon
O N T A R I O

What in the absolute FUCK? Why is this allowed?

I pay like $250 for the most basic coverage on an old Mazda 3 with 140 HP.

FUCK ONTARIO

Why do burgers pay so much for insurance?

t. 22 y/o australian paying $500 a year

>burgers have the cheek to spout that insurance is bad in Britain

Top kek, you faggots pay more than anyone I know who's over the age of 20.

It's an Ontario thing only I think.

$90 a month for min coverage on my shitbox $3k camry

21 year old male, no accidents/tickets/citations whatsoever, all the good student/low milage/etc discounts applied.

I live in Ontario my insurance with full coverage is $67/month, im 26 and have had insurance for 3 years. Are you all driving a new Ferrari or something?

Veeky Forumsntarians get raped for insurance. I'm 26, driving for 10 years and paying 350/month on a 2011 G37 IPL. 1 ticket a year ago, 10km over.

21, 1 totaled car, 3 tickets 1400 for basic. A 22 year old friend with 2 totals 3 tickets paying 3400 a year for basic.
another 22 year old friend with perfect record pays 700 a year for a integra, and around 800 for his jeep

>looking at buying first car
>looking into either a Ford Fusion Sport, Ecoboost Mustang, Camaro, or Chebby SS
>all quotes are $400-$600/month with no prior accidents or tickets on record
Fucking kikes

Just because some dumb boyracer can't properly drive doesn't mean I can't.

>looking for my first car a few years ago
>Mondeo ST220 cheaper to insure than Focus ST170 because boyracers would crash Focuses more often
Just do the opposite of boyracers.

>tfw $35/mo when I was 16
>tfw $28/mo now than I'm 26

This, go for the underrated sleepers.

Mate our insurance is fucking horrible what are you on about.

Over there you have 16 year olds riding around is v8 mustangs for their first car while I'm paying £2600 for a supra at 22. My first car was a ford fiesta with a black box and that was almost £2000

The trouble is you want something like a camaro for your first car. They have a rough idea about whats gonna happen to that car.

What do you drive a viper with an extra engine

91.37 for liability and roadside at 21

after my dumbass friend ruined his car recently, I want to change it up to full

>$548 a month
You are getting fucked in the ass bruh.

I pay about 60-some bucks a month for my 01 VR6 with liability with some extra shit which covers me if the other guy has no insurance, and I still feel like I'm getting ripped off.

24 btw

>move to Melbourne
>insurance doubles
Fuck that, I just told the insurance company that I still love at my home address and I'm living at a temp address in Melbourne for uni.

I've been driving my dad's C7 Z06 LT4 and various other cars both on and off-road since I was 10. I drive like a grandma anyways, sitting in the right lane and going the speed limit/under the speed limit and hoon on the track.

Given the fact the car is going to be a gift, I'm going to treat it right and baby the thing like I'm a Boomer.

Ironically, the SS was cheaper to insure than the Mustang or Camaro, and only slightly more expensive than a Focus Sport.

You guys are really bad at insurance.
It cost nothing to shop around for better insurance so fucking look around.
some cars cost a shit ton to insure but shouldn't they be on the track anyway?
you don't need regular insurance for a race track

Any tips on squeezing as much cash out of your insurance company from a total loss?

Unfortunately all your insurance companies will do is look at statistics that lead them to believe you are a risk. It would be nice if you could negotiate insurance in person like some kind of job interview though. Would give careful drivers a chance to show that they are trustworthy.

>$375 a month full insurance for me
>I pay like $250 for the most basic coverage on an old Mazda 3 with 140 HP.

Auto insurance uses various factors including your credit score rating to predict your ability to be a responsible person and thus being a responsible driver. If your credit score takes a hit, then your monthly rate can be adjusted to be higher. If you have trash credit, then expect a high rate in the USA above $1200 even for a lifetime no accident driver.

Some of the major insurance companies reduce risk to themselves by making new insurance policies qualify themselves for at least a year with an associated high-price policy from Progressive Insurance. After that, you can then transition to the major company coverage.

Various companies also have discount plans if you allow them to monitor your GPS and other car factors such as how many times you slam brakes, weave in your lane, speed, take turns at high speed, etc. My car already measures most of these things (including brake slams) but officially doesn't report the data although it does phone home all the time. UGH. I know my car company checks that data since it helpfully sent me an unsolicited email telling me I could contact a bunch of companies for discounts due to my safe low risk driving style. Yes, my car monitors if I weave in my lane or drive on the line too. It knows if I drive without seatbelts, with door open, etc. It's a nosy smart car and phones home.

Threaten legal action if they lowball

>tfw paying £120 a year because it's old enough to be classed as a classic

>driving a botnet car
I couldn't think of anything worse. How would willingly give away their privacy like that?

£330/year fully comp

>Any tips on squeezing as much cash out of your insurance company from a total loss?

If you are the victim of the accident and not the perpetrator, you have a lot of options as you have them over a barrel. Insurance always lowballs both the perp and victim. I was the victim of a crash where the perp was both careless for that situation and negligent prior to that situation. Of course, her company lowballed me by saying my car was used and old and totalled thus the payout was tiny. However, it was immaculately maintained, had low miles, and was in super top shape with paint in virtually as new condition. So I had them not total it and repair it instead for a huge wasteful sum of money almost the equivalent of buying a new one! Why would they do that? I had them over a barrel as I was the victim of a type of accident that victims normally have medical injuries. I started saying my head hurt and some other aches. They immediately caved in out of fright rather than trying to accuse me of faking injury. That's because with lawyer coaching, the victim can become a scary lawsuit.

I knew I was going to be hit as I saw her coming fast on my rear while stopped in freeway stop and go traffic. Oh no! I immediately shifted the auto into neutral to prevent shock to the engine and sat somewhat straight in the seat not against the seatback which would push my head forward. I expected the airbag to take care of the rest. She hit at freeway speed minus her last second panic braking, crumpling my rear end up. I was not shoved into the car in front of me because I was doing freeway anti-hysteresis driving where you leave a huge gap and slowly keep moving forward in order to not cause all the cars behind you to come to a full stop. It is the hysteresis of stop and go that causes traffic jams to be worse and use more fuel. My car really lurched foward a lot despite having my foot on the brake pedal and engine in neutral. I saw white & momentary blackout....

Unfortunately it was a single person accident on my baiku. But thanks for the tips. I do have shoulder pain but it's not really bad enough for me to see a doctor. Plus I have health coverage.

>driving a botnet car
There are advantages too. You can keep track of your spouse with an app that shows where the car is going and lists next to each spot how long it parked there. You can even read the tire pressure at any time. A lot of stats are available including average speed, trip time between different points, etc. Of course, a spouse can track me as well to see if I am having an affair or not since in a divorce court they can check the GPS of the alleged other person to see how close it gets to my phone or my car and how often it does that. For example, if my car and her car park at the same hotel, then that is quite revealing.

The police have in past cases gotten warrants to listen in via the built-in multiple microphones of smart cars if they suspect illegal dealing. The car can be commanded to slow down and stop if chased by the police, so my car is a bad choice to use if trying to get away. For safety reasons, the shutdown method is to simply command the fuel injectors to taper off so that there isn't an out of control accident.

But those that choose security over freedom deserve neither, user...

>But those that choose security over freedom deserve neither,
Only criminals need to worry about privacy. I know I am one of many people who think this way. While loss of privacy can be abused by the government, it is the criminals that caused that situation to occur. So it becomes a choice of losing privacy or fighting crime and piracy. It's better to fight crime. Many voters are voting this way now or have that mindset which is why more and more senators and representatives will vote more laws to fight crime. Getting the TPP Trans Pacific Partnership (asia) and the T-TIP (europe) are important steps. They will reduce anonymity of illegal transactions and piracy as well as creating better searches built into computer hardware. Thus not even the firewalls will stop properly warranted searches since computer and firewall hardware must obey TPP and T-TIP requirements.

Leave this country you bootlicking commie. Privacy isn't the only bad thing about the TTP/T-TIP, there are several provisions which would fuck over nonprofits, give corporations free reign to gouge prices if anything from basic medicines to electronics. A majority of the writing in these deals do not deal with trade at all, and instead create corporate backdoors to fuck over citizens of any nation involved.

For example, if a corporation files a claim saying a nearby hospital is encroaching on their hospital's profits, they can get shut down. Imagine if places like MDAnderson or Moffitt Cancer Centers get shut down in favor of local corporate hospitals.

$105 a month for full coverage. Don't have a perfect record but no tickets for several years. Drive a sports car. Was $65 a month for full coverage when I drove a shit box.

26 years old and live in USA.

I once got quoted £110k for insurance on a1996 Volvo 440.

That was rather amusing, as the cheapest one was around £3k with exactly the same details.

British insurance companies seem to hate young and inexperienced drivers in older cars. Who knew?

Probably cause theyre an almost guaranteed total loss if wrecked and the likelihood of a wreck with young people is high.

189/mo combined for an 06 Evo and a '10 F150

Feels p good

>tfw paying $197 a month for e46, Ducati 748, and 97 Z71
Must duck to live outside of freedomland

How many crashes did you have in the last year? that's crazy yo

>Only criminals need to worry about privacy

sounds like ~TORONTO~

>25
>premiums that high
What did you do?

23 year old here
$73/mo for the truck
$11/mo for the mustang
i won't complain

>tfw ukfag
>price insurance for 1.1L shitbox
>£130/mo $187/mo

It will be my 1st year insurance so i expected it to be higher than normal but fucking hell

>24
>1 ticket
>no accidents
>$55 min coverage for my old Beetle

feels ok man

Jesus, where I live one of these little cuties (with the V6, of course) would run me about €60-70/mo.

Man, and I thought ICBC was bad.

Socialized insurance

>NSW
>18 years old
>no history
>looking at a 200sx S14 S2
>Search up insurance quotes
>90% of companies won't even quote
>$3,000 a year when they do

$384 a month at 23, then again it's a gtr.

NC, USA. 29 years old. Clean record. 2013 911. Agreed value of $64,000, OEM parts rider, 500k/1m/500k full comp coverage. $122 per month with my wife and her 2013 GTI included. I just "shop around" every six months and my rates keep going down as my coverage keeps increasing.

16 sti
Age 28
120$ a month

Just get a complete shitbox for now, and grab something nicer when you hit 20 or so, I got a quote on a supra and it was like 1.6k/y

>new hampshire
>pay no insurance
>Get in no crashes
feels good

>suddenly get in one
>end up killing a family

>things that never happened

name one Veeky Forumstist that killed a family.

I read a post of someone who confessed he'd crashed into a minivan once, killing all the occupants, which basically traumatized him for life and he still gets nervous/feels guilty whenever he sees a minivan.

he should feel nervous seeing my suped up honda crx since it would smoke his bitch ass

*vapes*

source on that webm

You mean the guy who (i think) was driving the Dodge Viper?

Yeah i think he was saying bullshit cuz he never faced a day in jail after that and he was kinda drunk. But shit happens. Not insurance can be ok if its legal since the price nowadays rapes you, but dont assume nothing wrong will happen to you.

Hope for the best. Get ready for the worst.

honestly with the probability of a crash wouldn't it be cheaper to just reserve a lump of cash in case something happens?

Yeah, now that I saw that I'm opting to spend my money in other stupid ways like getting an E38.
It will probably be a financial disaster but at least I'll be paying luxobarge insurance rates :^)

wow that looks like shit lowered

Many people aren't that smart

Male, 21, CA, student, clean record, $103/month

- 2006 Subaru WRX STi (full coverage)
- 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS (liability)

Ask for all discounts available to you. I've also added my parent under a permissive driver and that knocked down my insurance a good few hundos. Great insurance umbrella numbers.

Different strokes mang - I think they look great

>1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Why cant i have it

>shit driver is surprised their premiums are high
>blames the insurance company

>1 accident in the last ten years
>Ontario
Everyone clap for the wannabe insurance adjuster, faggot

>bodily injury
NB4: n-n-n-nuh uh!
ya dun goofed faggot. You got your heads up letter. Don't like the price then walk or shop around. Maybe le weed man will socialize it for you? Oh wait, you might be with a mutual, that means it's already socialized.

Depends what you hit.
You could hit a Daihatsu Charade or you could hit a new Audi RS6. Power poles aren't cheap to replace, either.

No one was injured retard and my new policy is 130$ so suck my dick

Poked a hole in 2 bumpers with each of my bikes footpegs. 3.1k.

>only criminals need to worry about privacy

congratulations, you've triggered me

I live in Russia, I have to pay about 10$ for 6 month (old jap motorcycle) which isn't that bad. Car is a different story with almost 200$ a year (thats a median monthly salary where I live).
This stuff scales inadequately compared to you ameribros, your situation isn't that bad.

I had a VY commodore SS (also NZ) and was paying $550 a year for full cover, breakdown and glass. What's wrong with your insurance?

$38/month full coverage. 28

My history is shocking, fiance is on her restricted and its a wrx which is one of the most stolen cars in nz, im 24 shes 23, im happy with my insurance i have the same coverage as you and also have mechanical breakdown warranty upto 10k in repairs that arent related to the body, so if/when the motor or box fails it will either get rebuilt or replaced

I just turned 30. The fgts at my parents' insurance company said they can no longer have me on their insurance. I just keep my address as theirs and all, even though I live elsewhere.

Needless to say, they decided to jack my rate up to $630/yr for no reason. They quoted me at like $550. I was paying about $500 for the year prior. I have to go down to their fucking office tomorrow and bitch. I can't wait >_>

This is for a 2002 C5 Z06 Vette. I have no body collision insurance on the thing. I race it anyway. Dunno why the fuck it's so high in the first place. Fucking lame.

I live in 'merica. In the midwest. I have 2 modified 94 mustangs on full coverage, a 00 blazer on liabilty only, and a 90 f150 on liability and my 6 month premium is about 750 USD. I'm 26 with no active moving violations, but I had plenty between 16 and 19, and from 19 to 21 had a suspended license.

Burger here, 92/ year motorbike
106/year for my "cah"