People who cannot parallel park, or say it's hard to do, in a modern car, need to have their licenses revoked

People who cannot parallel park, or say it's hard to do, in a modern car, need to have their licenses revoked.

>tfw can parallel park in em2
>still can't drive up my driveway in reverse

It's not hard to do, just annoying.

i used to hate it so much

but its a required part of city living

It's a dying skillset.

There's a missing step between 2, 3, and 4 where you lean out the window and extend your middle finger while yelling at the car behind you that's preventing you from backing up into the parking spot.

>that image
But you should be parallel with the rear side window/side mirror before turning to 1 o'clock with full lock.

People who parallel park should have their lisence revoked

ur a dummy if you parallel park ever

>in a modern car

It's probably harder in most modern cars due to most modern cars have shit visibility

lol u r funneh trol

I meant any car built in the last 30 years.

>in a modern car,
>less vision because smaller windows and massive pillars equating to hueg blindspots
>But sir for a small difference of $1700 you can upgrade your vehicle to have Park Assist! A fantastic convenience for today's time-savvy drivers!
The manufacturing cartels lobby for these """"""""safety features"""""""" which interestingly only end up costing the motorist.

Coincidence?

I drove a 88 crown vic for a couple of years i use to wip that bitch in spots all the time, the only problem i had was people parking to close to my bumper and i couldent get out

>practice parallel parking before drivers exam
>it's actually really easy
>dad's experience with parking in Chicago probably passed on in his genes (as well as tendencies to not use signals and drive opportunistically)
>driving test never covered parallel parking

yeah but they also have parking cameras and other gadgets designed to make it easier

>Going in back first.

what kind of girl method is that.
>turn your steering wheel all the way to the left, don't move whilst you are doing this.
or you could jsut stop being retarded, look into your mirrors and drive into the parking space.

I have had to park my truck on the street for 4 years now. Last year I finally had a parking space to get off the street
>Buy car and now I'm back to parking in the street

Parallel parking is not difficult, the hardest part is finding a spot.

>in a modern car
If we're talking modern as in "has current technology", you just push the parallel parking button to parallel park.

There's no there way to do it dumbshit.

If you move while you're turning the wheel, like auto drivers tend to do, you won't fit in the space. Which is why you probably wouldn't attempt to park in a space that small anyway

*other

Fuck auto correct. Fuck computers.
Fuck touchscreens. Fuck it all

It's not a troll, why would you place your cars well being in the hands of other idiots who can't parallel park? Dumbass.

This user () is right. I don't parallel park my car ever because there are too many idiots that'll hit it. I'd rather park farther away in a regular lot and walk than parallel park.

>Implying I have to park
>Not my robotic auto park feature

I did that and some cunt in a red car scratched the front corner of my car.

And I parallel parked behind a brotruck too closely once and got scratched. It's a learning curve.

When you park far away like that you invite women who are bad at parking to park next to you

""""""""Fwd"""""""""
""""""""Performance""""""""""

it's easy in a normal car

now try it in a van

>doesn't know where his wheels are
>doesn't know where his front bumper is
>doesn't know where his rear bumper is
I think user, you need to have your license revoked.

>parallel parked a cargo-van with no rear windows and a busted passenger mirror.

Dude that user doesn't have a license, let alone a car. He just shit posts in threads all day while holding down the quotation button on his keyboard.

I think here in Yurop parallel parking is covered in all drive exams, and everyone can do it. I've parallel parked things like pic related without a sweat.

is that so you can see if you're gonna hit something? why not just use a sensor? works on my machine

If you were referencing my post which I fixed, yes.

It's so you can see how far you are away from what's behind you. Obviously doesn't help if your van doesn't have a rear window but that's bullshit. Option your van with a rear window at least

Why? Aftermarket parking sensors are dirt cheap.

I just found it weird that they put those on new cars instead of just going straight up going to sensors

"You cannot delete posts this often"
Here's the pic I posted. For some reason it's hard to find pictures of Toyotas with them

Well I'd prefer the mirror.
These sorts of vehicles eschew new technology for older shit that works better. Mainly commercial vehicles because the customers know about that sort of stuff

>not just handbrake turning into the empty spot

>wide sticky tires and no power steering
>trusting people to not hit you/block you in
>retards going apeshit behind you for taking more than two seconds

Nah I can but I don't

I took my girlfriend (now wife) to take her driver's test and she failed the maneuverability test three times before the examiners gave her a sympathy pass. Bitch literally cannot parallel park and doesn't even try. Also flatly refuses to even try to learn manual.

Up to 10% of the population is stereoblind
Up to 25% of the population has impaired stereopsis

Try doing it with one eye closed, thus stereoblind, & see how well it goes

I don't live in an overcrowded city so I never have to parallel park.

>tfw when you don't have to parallel park to get your license in my state anymore (Maryland)

people already cant drive as it is around here...

>People who cannot parallel park, or say it's hard to do, in a modern car, need to have their licenses revoked.

I truly cannot parallel park in my current car because I truly cannot see much of the parking area due to blind spots as a result of the small windows and high window sills AND the styling that put the rear pillars in the blind spots for parallel parking visibility.

I am unable to see the car behind me if it is closer than about 5 feet to my rear bumper. That includes me getting out of my driver seat, going to sit in my rear seat and trying to peer out the rear window at all angles. I truly cannot see due to the styling. The front nose of the car is high and snub nosed, so I also cannot see how close I am to the car in front if it is several feet away. I can guess fairly accurately though because at least I can see most of the car's rear.

I didn't buy the maximum luxury package for my car which includes the rear assist parking feature and rear view camera feature. Evidently, the manufacturer expects us to buy it and has designed the car around that expectation. Even backing out of a spot is scary as I cannot see pedestrians walking behind me. I wish I had test driven parallel parking and tight space backups instead of doing simple backing out at the dealer lot.

Some of us don't live in suburbia and parallel parking is the only option. Some apartments in LA don't even have their own lots and you have to parallel park every night. Or maybe find a public parking lot that magically allows overnight parking, and walk miles

>People who cannot parallel park, or say it's hard to do, in a modern car, need to have their licenses revoked.

If you cannot see the car in back due to styling issues, then how can you make that statement? Okay, test yourself. YOU continue to make that claim and close BOTH EYES for the entire parallel parking test. If you touch the car behind you, then you fail and you are wrong.

Oh, you say you are supposed to have your eyes open. Well, what good is having eyes open if the rear car cannot be seen? That is the problem many drivers have now with these new cars. I will not parallel park if I cannot do so without touching any car. And yes, I have parallel parked multiple times in my car but that was with large spaces available where I don't worry about hitting the car in back of me. I look at the curb or other landmark on the ground as I pass by the rear car. I then back in and don't look at the rear car but instead look at the landmark on the curb or sidewalk to judge how far back I can go without touching. I curse all the time for not having the rear view camera or parallel parking software robot. UGH. FUCK.

Everyone that buys a new style car without rear view camera is going to risk bumping the car in back in order to parallel park. Hit and run bump parking is going to increase as more of the new style cars with bad rear visibility replace the old style cars with good visibility.

>be me, in company vehicle making a delivery
>in a city with narrow streets and cars parked on both sides
>only one parking spot open
>barely have enough room to squeeze in
>my fucking face when parallel parking in an extended wheelbase gmc savanna with no rear windows

>16 ft box
>I've parallel parked things like pic related without a sweat

Do that in a 26 ft cube and then I'll be impressed

So what you're saying is if you can't see out of the rear window, you can't parallel park?

Op is referencing people like you in his post. You don't need a rear window, you can 100% parallel park using only the side mirrors. Ask me how I know.

Modern cars parrallel park themselves. I used it yesterday.

>thinking the average driver knows any of this shit and isn't dumb and reliant on driver convenience and safety features

>you can 100% parallel park using only the side mirrors
Bitch i can parallel park without side mirrors. Just look outside your window and behind you

>be me
>many years ago
>could parallel park perfectly in every videogame, from any POV
>still have trouble doing it irl

That's depth perception for ya!

But if I can avoid it why not? Plus you have to worry about the other cunts smacking your car even if you park it flawlessly

This happens more often in parking lots where cars are next to each other and door dings are a thing.

Parallel parking more often than not is in a busy area with lots of pedestrians around and possible witnesses. Plus people who can't park in a small space don't attempt it, so you don't have bad parkers trying to squeeze in there.

>hurr durr im soo coooool cos I can parallel park
>with dickheads who cant
2/10 made me reply

So did you read any of the context of that conversation or

I live next to a school field and haven't had to parallel park regularly since over 3 years ago.

I also drive an F150

Dagumi NEVER parallel parked EVAR.

Try turning the wheel without moving on a car without power steering and come back to me on that.

i do that all the time (not the user you reply to) And its not that hard. Its annoying. Sure, but its not that hard, and its only annoying because of the sound of the tires trying to scrap against the asphalt.

It isn't good for the tyres anyway. I always slowly roll back whilst turning the wheel as hard as I can.

I can do it, but then I re-do it thirty times because I can be just a half inch closer to the curb or a degree straighter

I also can't back into a parking spot unless there's another car to use as a guide. I can't fucking see the yellow lines. I think I might be a woman.

>I can't fucking see the yellow lines.

you know the side mirrors? they can move and tilt downwards.

amazing, isnt it?

>mfw my dad had to know how to parallel park a full size fire truck when he was a VFF
>he literally never did it outside the test because who the fuck cares where the firetruck parks when there's a fire

People will hit your car in a regular parking lot too. More often even because people forward park real lazily and people open their doors at you.

I find parallel parking a little challenging because I just don't don't do it very often anymore. When I was doing it daily it was easy though.

>you know the side mirrors? they can move and tilt downwards.
Not all of us have power side mirrors user.

It's not about where your car is, it's where everything else is that you can't see.

i never tried it, don't care

I can parallel park, but parallel parking sucks. A lot of people can't drive well and then they hit your car.

I kind of wish I had purchased automagic parallel parking in my car but at $1,200 it was too rich for my blood. Over the lifetime of the car it probably would have cost more than $10 a park given how rarely I parallel park. Not having the feature also encourages me to seek traditional lots even if they are a little further, making it less likely someone hits my car and giving me a bit more exercise in the form of walking.

>implying there are no manual mirror adjustments.

I would know how if I ever needed to do it. As it stands, I've only been in the situation where I needed to do it once. Wasn't that bad.

>left side driving

Countries which do this should be nuked.

One of them already has. They didn't change.

There's a feature called park assist now. Cars can nearly park themselves.

There's a feature called Automatic Transmission now. Cars can nearly shift gears themselves.

What car?

Yeah, but if you can do it already that's money saved on an unused feature.