What's a cheap head unit with aux that won't die in 2 months?

What's a cheap head unit with aux that won't die in 2 months?

Anything that's not no name cheapo Chinese shit

Dual.
They sellem at walmart

Why would you not buy a BT enabled head unit? Aux is great for relatively stable environmenta, but it can be pretty bad at carrying noise in a vehicle.

your oem radio and an aux adapter

lol wut
Have you heard the stock radio on old cars? Static... speaker distortion... speakers not working. You name it.
Old wiring can even be problematic

what car?

Volvo 240 in my case but I've hear plenty of bad audio from the radio of other old cars

Actually exactly these will last long and get you the most features for only a few bucks

Model KMM-264 by Kenneth Woods phonogram company

Sony Xplode

Plus if you match it with the Xplode speakers and sub you get much better sound quality

All I know is I bought a new amplifier for like 40 bucks and it fucked up a few months later. Audioline.
I mean how hard is it to get an amplifier right

Dunno. But literally all shit I've ever bought from china via dx or other chinese sites worked perfectly fine and quality was honestly superb for the slave loan they ask for

This. After the Pioneer that had been in my truck got stolen and I experienced first hand how shitty chinese shit was I put the top-tier factory head unit in it and it's been great.

>need to redo my sound system
>all the decent looking head units have no power
>dont have enough money to afford an amp, let alone space to put one
Why is car audio so shit

This I've had an xplode head unit for 7+ years in 3 different cars and you don't need a fit kit for 2002-2005 civics

Because a stock speakers are usually $5 garbage speakers and the headunits are shitty enough to not destroy them

Car audio isn't shit if you have the money.
>thinking an hu amp the size of a walnut is going to sound good

if you're autismal enough disregard head units because of looks then yes, you will be paying through the nose for anything decent sounding.
but if that's you're choice, fine.

Ten fucking dollars

Xplode doesn't mean anything except that its usually extra colorful and flashy, and matching won't do anything for quality. That being said Sony makes good products and xplode are just their extra flashy series.

I install sound systems professionally. Alpine, ken wood, or pioneer and you'll be fine. I only recommend them because those are the 3 we sell most of. We don't get paid for warranty work so we sell those units because they're most reliable. Alpine CDE 141 is probably your cheapest most reliable option. Don't let anybody tell you those head units are shit. They're just alright. Not good, not bad. Just alright.

>5 watts

explain?

Drives 4 speakers loud enough for me
It's just a mini amp.

oh ok

Depends what you consider cheap. I bought a JVC AR-565 and its nice. Still working fine after a year and it was hooked up by my dad and I. It was 80 bucks or so but you could probably find a cheaper one. I wanted custom color settings and a faceplate without thumbs up/thumbs down icons and brand names all over it.

I just want a head unit that doesn't look like a fucking neo tokyo light show, and has bluetooth.

Fuck all else, if I can't listen to my music I'll listen to the engine.

Got a Blaupunkt Adelaide to replace some aftermarket JVC alien unit the previous owner put in.
Looks pretty good for a cheap unit and its fairly easy to use as far as aftermarket radios go. No CD, USB and AUX in.

Think I paid like $62.00 open box from crutchfield when I bought it.
>Came with box remote, booklets, wiring harness. Basically brand new condition.

what do i do with a double DIN? get some flashy thing with a screen? some ugly thing without one? convert to single DIN?

if anyone knows a good one with an ISO connector...

one with a screen or get a single with a storage tray

Just skip all the head unit if you only need a AUX input and no radio. Get a decent quality 2 or 4 channel amp and a inline volume control. Get a blanking plate for the HU slot and install the volume knob, hide the amp under a seat or something. I used this before and it works great, chances are it'll last longer than most head units because of the beefier components and better cooling.

Xplōd is shit, it's worse than the cheapo pioneer shit they sell in Wally World, Sony hasn't made anything decent since the Mobile ES line

well, screen it is since i have storage below and on top of the unit itself

know any good one with an ISO?

Just bought that head unit last month... Hope it doesn't break next month