ITT: Cars you remember when you were a really young lad

ITT: Cars you remember when you were a really young lad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TN0G1e_HKYM
youtube.com/watch?v=db9mnS8R3uI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the based polonez

man... I totalled one of these. Feels.

Used to see lots of those in the street, same with Corsa As.

man, i almost bought uno few months ago but all of these are really neglected and rusted :(

I'd love a mint Turbo i.e. man.

As a Dutchman, I share that sentiment

I still remember taking a half hour to fill the gas tank, but that shit would last us weeks

Also it's the only car that my parents bought brand new

My dad owned one of these in light blue. I used to have the brochure for it.

don't forget to blast SCOOTER when hooning your shitbox in the early 2000 in germany.

I remember playing with my Star Wars toys on the front yard and this fucking parked in front of my house. A shit ton of soldiers came out and started patrolling the area since the local police had been disbanded because of corruption.

Not pic, but its the car my mom had when I was born. Up until it shit itself in 2005 after 11 years of life.

This thing.

My mom had it from 88 (I'm from 89) up until we moved to another country in 96.

Fast forward to last year I bought a CBR600 F3 from 95 as a project bike. I'm stripping the thing and the plastics around the clocks smell exactly the same as the interior of that old Passat. As soon as I felt the smell I was immediately reported to childhood: Rock and Roll racing, Space Jam, Ninja turtles, Power Rangers and so on.

My eyes got a bit watery as I disassembled that front fairing cowl.

These are everywhere in China

I remember a least five of those in my family

Fucking grand Cherokee with electrical problems. I was still in a car seat when we had that thing. Traded it for an 80s vw convertible that also had many problems.

>first car I ever rode with

It's wierd how (for such a popular car atleast) I barely see this particular model of it

What I mean with that is that I've seen many post-facelift liftbacks (different headlights) aswell as many pre-facelift hatchbacks but barely any pre-facelift liftbacks. And I don't know if that's just the case in my town or if this particular version just wasn't as popular as the other ones.

Red FH12's were kings of the road for me at that time.

I remember my dad having a yellow one and a old white "Duzy Fiat"

This car was a work horse, right up till the point where it shorted out and caught on fire. Luckily, there wasn't any gas in the gas tank.
>the boom was on par with a fire cracker.

>filename

I have this vivid memory from my childhood, during a winter I remember seeing a taurus trudging through snow near my house after a snowstorm

No idea why I remember it so well, just a white taurus in snow

It was my moms car. She became physically unable to manage shifting regularly then parked it. After 9 years she's since gotten surgery to improve her quality of life and then handed it down to me. Now it's my project. Nothing special yet. But by the end of the year it'll be a beast.

And my dumb ass forgot to include a picture lmao

I have one of those.

i actually bought myself the car i really liked as a kid very recently.

my mom had a wagon version growing up. many fond memories in it.

1983 Toyota Tercel SR5, this car was great in the snow, I remember the ugly "golf pants" seat pattern and the the inclinometer on the dashboard

My father had one of these, it was so damn comfy in the back.

ahh the good ol days

literally a couch on wheels

Haven't seen one of these for years now

was this rwd?

I have always wanted to own a prestine suburban of this area, preferably a Regency edition. Black with the chrome wheels. Oh lawd

Would you like to talk with us user?

fwd

There was a 4x4 turbo version sold when Citroen entered group b rally a few months before it was banned

Saw one for sale a few weeks back for £900.
Somewhat regret not getting it since it was near enough mint.

мoй нeгp

Grandparents had one that they took me to Disney Land in.

>"Gönnung muss sein!"
Gönn dir die E-Klasse!

I remember all the streets being filled with those (dutchfag btw) and then...they started disappearing one by one. Havent seen one in years

>ywn be 8 again, annoying your sister in the back while mom and dad are reading a map, trying to find the camping somewhere in south france while "barbie girl" is blasting through the stereo...

been playing too much of the playstation i guess

Let me tell you about this car. Back in 1996, my mother bought a Volkswagen Rabbit (1988 I think). Now what you have to understand is that realistically, a VW Rabbit can hold two european sized adults and a mid-sized dog in the back. But we were a family of six Americans living in the south. My dad is very fat, and my mom is not petite. Of us children, three were boys and one little girl. So for five years there were six of us crammed into this tin can. Two growing teenage boys in the back seat, two children in the hatchback luggage compartment. It's like our parents were going for a post-partum abortion.

This doesn't describe what it's like to bring even one friend with us. Suddenly there's three teenagers in the back seat, or three teenagers there and three children in the luggage. We were a clown car.

Do you know what happened in 1997? One day we were driving along listening to a tape deck of Creedence Clear Water Revival's Greatest Hits. We just finished "Midnight Special" on side A, and my dad hit the eject button to flip it to the other side. The tape deck made a horrible "SKVVVVVRRUNNNCH" sound and got stuck. It wouldn't eject, but could rewind or play. So we now only had about half of CCR's greatest hits. BUT what made this worse is that something jammed in such a way that the tape player wouldn't even go into radio mode. The only thing we could listen to were about seven different songs by CCR. For four years, we either rode in silence or we listened to "Bad Moon Rising." There were no other options. For four years we had to endure John Fogerty, and only John Fogerty, as we careened through souther Appalachia in an overstuffed toy car while two of us developed scoliosis in the back seat from being cramped over, and two children were roasted alive in the easy-bake oven that was the luggage compartment.

Fuck that car.

Where the fuck did all of these go in the UK? There used to be loads, but now I haven't seen one in several years.

Holy shit, user,1988? Did VW keep selling the Mk I Golf in America (pictured) as the Rabbit while Europoors had the MkII since 1983 which was almost twice the interior volume?

Holy shit, are we brothers?

Exactly the same here

Dad's 490.000km Peugeot 405. Really. He was a Peugeot mechanic at the time, he's meticulous in his maintenance, and the damn thing got to 480.000km (300,000 miles) - and then mum died. Having four cars at the time, he sold it, and I'd love an AWD Mi16 with a turbo engine. They're impossible to find though - because every single one that wasn't meticulously maintained by a Peugeot mechanic is dead now.

>AWD Mi16 with a turbo engine
you mean 405T16?

Same, but a Peugeot 806.

I thought the T16 was FWD only - butvyeah, they're AWD. Still, rare as hens teeth, and expensive as fuck. It might be cheaper, more powerful and more reliable to swap in a complete Lancer Evo drivetrain though.

My dad's still got one of these.
It used to be a fire dept. car, so he got it with seriously low miles and in good condition. 2.slow 8v, 4-speed auto, no options, but it all just works.

My grandma's Citroen BX was the first car I remember. Of course it was an ugly piece of shit but back then all I cared was those funny suspensions that made the car move up and down.

The nicest riding shitbox ever.

I've always had a soft spot for the Corsica and Baretta.

You have to admit those frogs were fucking geniuses

Why the fuck isn't it available anymore?

youtu.be/TN0G1e_HKYM

Maybe people didn't know how to maintain it, so it always broke down and got a reputation of being unreliable?
It wasn't even an expensive option, iirc.

when i was a kid this was the best car in the world for me, i still like it.

Also i keep a detailed 1:18 model of it in my room

I remember seeing a commercial for the 206 CC on TV, which I found fucking hilarious at the time.

Americans had the MK2 Golf from 1985+.. user was mistaken on the model year if it was a Rabbit. If it was a Rabbit, the newest it could be was a 1984 model.
For the MK2, they retired the Rabbit name and called it the Golf.
Only the MK1 and MK5 were called the Rabbit in America.

That thing looked awesome in that blue. Makes you wonder why they don't just offer a convertible RCZ.

the one with the guy tryin to impress a girl? I loved that commercial

The one where he gets into the car in increasingly ridiculous ways, only to bounce off the suddenly closed roof at the end.

yes i meant that one

>all these cars in this thread that I still see almost every day
Pros of living in Eastern Europe.
I still sometimes wake up at night, hyperventilating and sweaty, remembering the rattle of old Merc diesels. What a nostalgic sound.

Legend

Fucking Gran Turismo 1.
I got a gamehark thing just to get it.
Sucks that I'll never have one.

Shit.

This 2006 picture was the last remaining Le Car in the US then someone stepped on it.

I'll never forget that car, because of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=db9mnS8R3uI

My mum had one. About 20000 mpg

what is this?

fucking thing always fishtailed and spun out in GT1.

I remember this one since you mentioned GT1

Le fuck off

Renault is fine as car maker but how much of a cocaine snorting overly enthusiastic trend hugging yuppie would it take to have been to come up with that cheesy as fuck shit, even for the 80's

As dumb and warm hearted as 80's American citisens were, traits that were only superseeded by their patriotism, Le Car had no chance.

I dont know why I wrote all this. I dont give a shit about America or Renault, but I hate cheesy shit.

family car until 1998

It's like no one here has ever even youngster

Austin Metro.