Who's grandfather was an /atomic veteran/ here?

Who's grandfather was an /atomic veteran/ here?

Come on, speak up.

I can't be the only one.

bump lads, come on,

My great grandfather was irish and he came to america and joined the war. He got in a group with a spanish guy who beat him up. Apparently because the first iberians was ruled by kings who was irish. Tarquinius superbus the last irish king of iberia was overthrown by the iberians who ruled iberia for a couple of centuries. Until sulla the great irish general overthrew the iberians and exterminated them in the social war. Now irish was running iberia again and a iberian wasnt seen in the region again until it was sacked by alaric and the iberians eventually killed or sent the black irish to ireland. Julius caesar was irish.
He said it was payback for all the years of oppression the irish caused his people. But he got cancer from the blast in nagasaki and die.

My great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great Grandfather was Roman centurion who fought and survived at the battle of Cannae. He also fought in the battle of Zama under Scipio himself.

My god. How extremely bizarre...my condolences friend, while not what I was looking for, I share your pain.

You should kill yourself desu.

>this thread
>that pretentious OP
>this thread

Baby sacrificng Carthaginian scum.

for real. my grandfather served on the USS Navasota AO-106, which was involved in operation Redwing.

Please, reconsider your angst, teenager.

You are forgetting the part where literally no one cares.

Everyone somewhere has some history in the war. No one cares.

No one cares.

Stop being a pretentious cunt. I do not doubt the validity of your claims.

I simply do not care. The fact that you actually replied to me speaks volumes about your pretentiousness, you are literally only here to tell people the fact that your grand daddy was in the war. Good on you, you contributed so much to the quality of this board.

NO ONE FUCKING CARES

Lol, he was in no wars, this was the in between period between WWII and Korea....I literally was just curious who else could relate to my grandfather's military service.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU.

I'm this guy but if we're talking about family history and military service I have stuff to share. I'm just a euromutt in America but my great-grandfather on my mothers fathers side was a British soldier during WW1 and the battle of the Somme. My paternal grandfather served in the Korean War as a Air Force mechanic.

>NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU.
Now you are getting it.

>I literally was just curious who else could relate to my grandfather's military service.
Wait, you care about anonymous people on the internet and what they know about other anonymous people who they will never ever be able to verify were even posting seriously?
>you still went on about him
What the fuck is wrong with your mental capabilities?

Side question: how new are you?

I was talking about nuclear veterans, as the thread implies (those who were involved in nuclear test, involuntarily), but thanks for your interest.

At least my great grand daddy fought in a battle.

>how new are you

I've been here since 08', before the creation of this board.
How new are you/what is wrong with you?

I am simply asking if any other user's relatives were atomic veterans, which is a very Veeky Forums question.

You never had to respond, please fuck off elsewhere.

>At least my great grand daddy fought in a battle.
And there it is.

>I've been here since 08'
:^) can't even spot a fucking troll.

Good job.

>lying on the internet.
PROTIP: Never answer when someone asks how long you've been here. It's a newfag trap.

> :^) :^) :^)
> calling others a newfag

how do I know you're brand new?

My gran papi fought against the romans

In the name of malt, barley a hops. What in the pub are you talking about?

>how do I know you're brand new?
>newfag is a new term
>blatantly lying
You are actually still going, with someone who actually openly admitted to be trolling.

Atomic veteran here.

It's really bright and it makes your skin tingle.

Now, get the Hell off of my lawn and cut your hair.

>cut your hair.
Do you still have hair?

please tell more

My granddad tested nukes in Nevada during Korea.
He was one of those guys who watched the thing go off and then walk around collecting data.

He got lucky with the cancer though, just a little tumor they caught and got out before it could get bad.

>between period between WWII and Korea
Very semantic seperation there. A lot of the fighting occurred before the war proper qas declared, and most of the guys in the first deployment in were just hopping over from their occupation of Japan.

That's pretty cool, my great grandfather was in the Black Watch during WWI.

I'm glad for you. My grandfather was not so lucky sadly.....

I'm just saying he never was in any battles, and it was technically "peace time"

>Black Watch

Nice. Did he survive the war?

My great grandfather was a Hussar in the Imperial Guard during WWI.

>hannibal
>black

what

Now that you ask, I realize I'm not sure. I've never heard my grandfather speak of him in a personal way, just of his service.

It's the current trendy thing you're supposed to get mad at; apparently some History Channel thing cast a black guy as Hannibal.