Is Christianism (in theory) just Judaism-lite?

Is Christianism (in theory) just Judaism-lite?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not at all.

It's a Jewish heresy made to appeal to gentiles with some Jewish trappings to make any Jewish converts feel good about abandoning the religion of their ancestors.

>Caring about ancestors

Depends on the sect. Mainstream Judaism is also lite if compared to orthodox, which is more bible like.

They did in first century AD.

>Christianism
>The belief in Christians
You're an idiot.

Nope. Not at all.

Modern Christianity is only related to Judaism by descent, and is otherwise nothing like it.

I don't know why this "Christians = Jews" meme has suddenly become popular on Veeky Forums but it's incredibly idiotic and probably started by antitheists.

Nope, just an individual who doesn't speak English as its mother tongue. Though it dawns on me I have made a mistake and meant to say Christianity.

No.

OP is a buttblasted atheist.

Christianity is a vulgarized mystery religion.

Roman Catholicism is.

Not Biblical Christianity.

Literally every religion with a worldwide following is vulgarized to some extent, this is essential if it is to be accessible. Most people don't have the time or inclination to study the intricacies of theology, it's the same reason philosophy and science is so misunderstood by the general public.

This is why the ideology must be criticized according to its highest standard, but the movement can be criticized as a whole.

Christianity is not about "being accessible".

The Bible tells us to be set apart from the world, not of it.

Christians that try to accomodate, compromise truth for the sake of being accepted by the current culture, are known as "lukewarm".

That's literally every non-monastic Christian throughout history, then.

Of course it is

They prase a jew

This

We praise God.

Christ's race on earth is irrelevant. He is the creator of the universe.

no, it's a form of zoroastrianism

No, Judaism is a set of rules, while Christianity is a philosophy with its own ethics and metaphysics.

Actually the Persians ripped off the Jews.

They found a scroll of Isaiah, and that's when they made the Zoroastrian religion.

The book of Chronicles even says that Cyrus was appointed by God to conquer all kingdoms. Persia was very lenient with the Jews, after they have been heavily punished by Babylon.

>its own
>not taken from plato

Plato was a fool, and Jesus was probably more influenced by the true school of Socrates, Stoicism.

That image is so fucking retarded.

>we found some random skull in an area where millions of people lived throughout history
>therefore this is what jesus looked like!!1!

Let's get back to reality, not your atheist jabs and attempts to make Jesus look dumb.

Based on what the Bible says on his descriptions, the shroud of Turin, NDE accounts and a little girl's visions, this is what he looked like.

He was a carpenter, so he was physically strong. Not some hippie liberal that the secular world believes him to be.

He did not have long hair as is depicted in Catholic art, the Bible says that a man with long hair is a shame unto himself.

How he looked like though is irrelevant, because now he looks totally different after the Resurrection. A glorified, shining new body (which all Christians will have in heaven).

When he comes back, he will have fire in his eyes, bronze feet, hair as white as wool, etc.

As for the pre-incarnation Christ (OT visits, such as talking with Abraham), we don't know how he looked like.

Actually Christianity is Judaism+

It is the conclusion and finalization of God's plan for mankind, preparing the bride/church for his second coming.

The Jews that didn't believe he was the messiah, had to redefine their religion because the temple got destroyed in 70 AD. This is the birth of Talmudic Judaism, it's basically a bunch of bitter kike parasites abandoned by God.

why is Veeky Forums so christian?

Because it's the truth? What a dumb question.

It's not so bad if you tilt the head normally close his mouth and don't give a retarded cross eyed look.

They made him look retarded on purpose.

It's atheist fan-fiction.

what denomination though?

Catholic. All else is heresy followed by literal inbred hillbillies

>Catholic
>Christian
pick one

Orthodoxy

it's post-judaism

As a CHRISTan you prase Jesus CHRIST

Whom is a jew, a religion made by jews,

If you can't admit that the MC of a jewish novel is jewish when its clearly stated then you are a hypocrite in denial.

Welp. I'm done for the day. This is the most moronic post I've seen on Veeky Forums yet.

Then why are you posting white fake jesus

>skin of bronze, hair of wool
Roll out the dark brown skin and curly hair

Reformed

Actully Im not being anti semetic

Pol just talks about jews in such a way that you think its bad, but christans do prase a jew.

>shroud of turin
KEK
>girls visions
DOUBLE KEK

I've never met anyone who used the word "Christianism" who wasn't a fucking asshole

Checked, even Satan agrees

but this is in all honesty the first time I've heard of it

Nah, it's really more of a 1st century Greek mystery religion with some Jewish terms slapped on.

Do you even know what a mystery religion is?

They were literally secret societies. Their organizational methods can be likened to the modern-day Masonic Order - rituals cannot be seen by outsiders, and initiates progress through the ranks to reveal more and more of the order's tenets.

Christianity's accessibility differentiates it entirely from mystery religions.

Atheists are retarded, just ignore them.

How Many Adjectives Can I Spuriously Apply to Christianity to Make it Look Bad: the Post

>They were literally secret societies. Their organizational methods can be likened to the modern-day Masonic Order - rituals cannot be seen by outsiders, and initiates progress through the ranks to reveal more and more of the order's tenets.

Have you, in turn, studied the early form of Christianity? Because they had an entirely different gospel for the insiders as opposed to the outsiders. They encouraged people to form secret little communities away from nonbelievers.

Mystery religions could be accessible, they could even prosletyze: the Isis cult, the Cybele cult. hell, the Mithraic cult was huge. You'd have a hard time arguing that none of those were mystery religions.

Furthermore, it wasn't centered around an imperial figure, (and I mean a living political ruler, emperor worship that the Romans tried to instill), they definitely weren't an ethno-religion, and they bear only the most superficial ties to Judaism.

Except they're quite correct. I mean really, really look at the differences between Jewish and Christian theology. You have different notions of what God is, different notions of what sin is, different notions of what your purpose in life is, different notions of what the purpose of animal sacrifice is, different notions of how to achieve repentance and salvation.

It started in a Jewish area, but it bears almost none of the hallmarks of Jewish thought. It does, however, bear a startling resemblance to a lot of Greek contemporary religious notions, starting with the idea of a suffering deity who dies and is resurrected to save his people.

>You have different notions of what God is, different notions of what sin is, different notions of what your purpose in life is, different notions of what the purpose of animal sacrifice is, different notions of how to achieve repentance and salvation.

[citation needed]

It looks like you've never read the Bible.

>God

You do realize that Jews believe God is non-divisible and non-material, usually citing to Deuteronomy 6:4 for that, yes? And that Christians believe in the trinity, and what the whole "Jesus was God" thing?

> different notions of what sin is

Christainity: Sin is your innate failure to be perfect like God. ALL have fallen short of the glory of God, ALL have sinned.

Judaism: Sin is failure to abide by the covenant(s) to which you're sworn to. It is perfectly possible to live a sinless life, but if you do, congratulations and all, but you're not some perfect special being that will radically alter the entirety of life for everyone. Bava Basra (somewhere in 16-20, don't remember off the top of my head) lists a number of people that Jews considered to have been sinless.

> different notions of what your purpose in life is,

This falls back into what is considered a sinless/perfect life.

>different notions of what the purpose of animal sacrifice is,

Christianity: Blood sacrifice was an imperfect way of dealing with sins until Jesus came along, which superseded it.

Judaism: Sacrifice is for a variety of purposes, and generally unnecessary but helpful for all of them.

> different notions of how to achieve repentance and salvation.

Do you really need an illustration of how the notions are different, especially since you have the markedly different notions of what sin is in the first place?

The early form of Christianity was in a tough spot where the Roman Imperial administration would occasionally purge its followers, so being secretive had a practical necessity to it; and monastic communities do have some similarities to mystery cults, although you're allowed to witness their rituals without being a member and you can discuss theology with a monk with no restrictions, so the most crucial aspects differ. And I never said anything about early Christianity, my comment was predicated upon the current form of the religion.

Though I do concede that accessibility can be a feature of mystery religions.

> It does, however, bear a startling resemblance to a lot of Greek contemporary religious notions, starting with the idea of a suffering deity who dies and is resurrected to save his people.

Is this the Mithras Cult connection? Almost all of our sources for what Mithraism represented come from a time after Christianity was already gaining ground and the New Testament was widespread, meaning it's just as likely that Mithraism borrowed doctrine from Christianity.

I agree with in its entirety.

>Is this the Mithras Cult connection? Almost all of our sources for what Mithraism represented come from a time after Christianity was already gaining ground and the New Testament was widespread, meaning it's just as likely that Mithraism borrowed doctrine from Christianity.

I was really looking more at the Attis cult for that one. IIRC, it got started around the 4th century B.C. You had a belief that he would die in the winter, and rise upon spring, probably due to a vegitative connection and what with the natural renewal with the seasons.

There are also castration and celibacy elements involved in Attis worship, which you at least see the latter prominently involved in with Christainity. And given it was very popular around where and when Paul is said to have grown up, I always thought the connection probably went from that to Christainity.

I suppose it's possible, although themes of fertility and the renewal of life associated with springtime are some of the oldest religious motifs we know of. In any case I'll stick with the story of Jesus being the inspiration for comparable themes in Christianity.

No. At its core, Christianity is a Greek religion with Jewish surface-level elements (locations, names of characters).

The only difference between Christians and Jews are that Christians believe Jesus is the messiah, whilst Jews believe he is not.

That's literally it.

If you want to talk about Roman Catholicism or Talmudic Judaism, then that's a different story.

>atheists talking about a subject they know nothing about and just making things up

>he still thinks the Turin Shroud is authentic

It isn't.

The majority of people on Veeky Forums are atheists/agnostics: it's simply that Christcucks are a very, very vocal (i.e. annoying) minority.

>Christians talking about a subject they know nothing about and just regurgitating what their preacher or parents told them

Christianity has philosophically absolutely nothing to do with Judaism.

The only connection it has to Judaism is that Jesus happened to be born a Jew and to preach to Jews, so he had to translate his philosophy into the language of Judaism.

And that Jews believe the Messiah is a human, wheras Christians believe the Messiah is God.

And that whole "sin" thing. What it is, what it does to you, how you deal with it, etc.

And the validity and eternality of the Mosiatic Covenant.

Nice fantasy you got there.

Veeky Forums is a Christian Libertarian board.

Atheists are a vocal minority.

It would be more accurate to say Judaism is Christianity lite since it's kind of a precursor. It's still a primitive sacrificial religion, but already contains a few hints of Christian philosophy, even if they're unconscious and confused.

Judaism is still much closer to other sacrificial religions than to Christianity though.

>Christian Libertarian

Veeky Forums is a Catholic statist board.

>Judaism is still much closer to other sacrificial religions than to Christianity though.

How?

Animals were sacrificed animals to atone for sins.

Pagans sacrificed humans to underworld demon gods.

One is acceptable, the other is a wicked.

This.

Sacrificing a human for the atonement of sins is disgraceful.

..Except pagans didn't do it to atone for sins, they didn't worship the creator God.

They sacrificed babies to appease "the gods" which were fallen angels or evil spirits.

The basic thinking behind all sacrificial religions is that the gods are responsible for human violence. Sacrifice is an act of organised violence designed to appease the god (or more specifically to recreate the original murder of the god, but let's not get into the details), who is thought to be responsible both for the chaos that exists before the sacrifice (or as a threat if the rituals aren't followed), and for the order that follows it. Judaism is no different from all other pagan religions in that respect.

Christianity is something fundamentally new in that it makes it clear it is Man, not God, who is responsible for the violence of Man. The Christian God is completely foreign to violence, and human violence is therefore never justified. The victim of sacrifice (which is the blueprint for all other authorised violence) is innocent and his murder is unjust, as the Crucifixion revealed to the world.

>libertarian

Fuck no.

>Sacrificing a human for the atonement of sins is disgraceful.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus

Why did the temple being destroyed cause them to redefine their religion?
Genuine question, I have only resently seen Jesus's light.

That's Jesus Christ or Captain Haddock?

Christianity is like nu metal while judaism is experimental metal.
The one is a commercial sell out while the other is only for an elite.

Orthodox is not more bible like.
Orthodox judiams was a push bakc against enlightenemtn ideas.
Orthodox jewdaism is a few hundred years old.
There were no orthodox jews in ancient israel and judea.

Fedora atheists and christians are a result of a schism and a further exaggeration of positions.
Both groups are annoying and are different sides of the same coin.

The old testamen is completely against human sacrifice.
The old testament and judaism are non universal, they are the chosen people etc..
Judaism is an elitist religion while christianity and islam are the religions of plebs.
It is interesting though how christians worship a jew who sacrificed himself to attone for the sins of humanity and jews have subsequently played this role throught all ofeuropean history, attacked as a sacrificial lamb for european socieites to vent frustrations and mend themsleves.

Reform Judaism is so shit tier tho it's barely a religion at this point

This is why judaism rarely support any sacrifice of human life while christianity is welcoming of martyrdom.

>highqualityb8.png

How is it shit tier if its one of the biggest if not the biggest strand of judaism? Its obviously very successful and it serves the needs and has adapted to the lives of jews in the united states.
Its problem are the power struggles with the orthodox jews in israel who monopolized theprocess of giur, the acceptence procedures for new members.
Once these are relaxed reform judiams will have a much easier time converting people which is why reform jews are in the middle of political strugglesd in israel over the orthodox monopoly over judaism.

have you never heard of Jephthah or Abraham for that manner? sure Abraham didn't actually kill Isaac but he was praised for being willing to do so. in Jephthah's case YHVH didn't even bother to stop him

>faceplam
And how are these stories presented? I dont reemeb the details but abraham's sacrifice of isaac is based on na older tale in whic human sacrifice takes place.
The stro ywas then taken by the writers of the bible and changed to give an anti sacrificial message.
In fact in other place in the bible there are direct commands to not sacrifice people.
Jephthah's story is presneted as a foolish tragedy not an endorsment of sacrifice.

Reform Jew here, he's right. It's so half assed. I live in guilt everyday.
inb4 shill

so I've always thought that religions should command both a social and a private lifestyle to their members. Reform Judaism clearly lacks the first part. All the Jewish laws are left to the interpretation of the single Jew, which is an obvious display of the legalistic nature of this branch. For example, a Jew not respecting Shabbath to work is kinda a symptom of how much RJ strays away from the spirituality of Judaism, so much that Reform Jews literally grow up without feeling that much attachment about Jewishness other than their ethnic affiliation. Imo Jews should also engage in their community, attending synagogues and celebrating holidays, even if they're atheists, because there's more than religion to Judaism, it's a completely different culture that sets an entire people apart from the rest of the world, and it's also about staying around people, feeling special and having a spiritual connection in general, just like any other religion. Reform Judaism tends to reduce all of this aspects in favor of a more materialistic and individualistic condition of the spirit.

Its just that Israel has really shuffled the cards in many different ways.
Being jewish has always been a vauge amalgamation of religion ethnicity and bloodlines.
Now that ISrael exists again the question of what it means being jewish rises again and jewish communities have to make changes in the way they treat judaism and being jews.
I dont know the inns and outs of rform judiasm but i do know they they go to synangues and engage with the community.
Its just that in israel people can be jewish while being atheists and its not that big of a problem.
Being jewish abroad demands effort and as jews are always a minority everywhere they have to make extra efforts to keep their communities alive and not assimilating.
ITs a compelx subject and i am not really familiar with the american reform communities in any way.

Jesus was an HEBREW

JEW ISN'T A RACE

Such a thing was never done.

There are no Jews today; all people who think they are Jews are cut off for never having celebrated one single passover properly.

This you fucks.