Which nation has the most tragic history?

Which nation has the most tragic history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EOU9XQdDJUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

United States of America.

Went from a God-fearing Christian nation to a degenerate atheist nihilist liberal shithole.

Russia

Ireland and Ukraine are up there.

Poland. Hungary. Romania. Ethiopia.

t. ameritard

Russia
Historically has lost the most people in the majority of conflicts they have engaged in.
Suffered under terrible rulings and is presently owned by an oligarchical series of rulers.
Is still set back from the rest of Europe.

And that Ukraine still managed to get cucked by both Poland and Russia shows how much more tragic she is.

Israel

t. kike

>hurr durr I live in a strong first world country and my political opinions aren't represented :(

Meanwhile, there are countries that have dealt with countless wars, rebellions, famines, plagues, etc.

I'm from Europe.

Cambodia

Great Britain imo.
>most powerful empire in the world
>sacrificed all its power to winning world wars
>became multikulti embodiement of cuckdom

Mexican history is nothing but a long, frustrating series of "what could have been"s and half-baked successes that go absolutely nowhere. It's a lot worse than countries that routinely take it up the ass, like Ukraine, since Mexican history always leaves you with just enough hope to be routinely disappointed.

Greece
>Ancient Greece
>Alexander
>Eastern Roman Empire

And now it's a debt-ridden irrelevant shithole.

My vote goes for Haiti. Spain tried to set up some colonies there, and killed the vast majority of natives through disease, which was typical for new world colonies. Eventually, France successfully colonized them, and instilled the harsh Noir policy, which said something along the lines of "feed these guys and give them clothes, but beat the living shit out of them if they act up." Haiti successfully rebelled from France, and adopted a very progressive constitution, modeled after the American one. After that came about 70 years of instability, involving but not limited to frequent coups, extremely decentralized ruling, prominent racial hierarchy (the slightly less black people tried to coup the more black people claiming racial superiority for fucks sake), etc. They finally reached a period of stability and a cultural golden age around the early 1900's, but that was quickly over after the financial troubles set in. Haiti couldn't pay denbts to the USA, and Haiti was occupied and forced to become a protectorate soon after. Once the USA let them go, the same instability from the past set in. Currently, they're a shithole.

The reason that I'd say that they have a sadder history compared to other unstable Latin American shitholes is because Haiti was so promising at one point. A high-potential colony broke free and became a very good, progressive, country. They proceeded to constantly suffer. Things got really good for a bit, and then it all went to the shitter.

This perfectly sums up what I mean about .

Russia

the back story of both Hitler and William II are those of super villains

The Mexico poster is at least telling the truth though. Haiti has always been a corrupt shithole. There was never a period of Haitian history that was good despite your memery.

Just take a map of Eurasia and throw a dart.

> nations with tragic history
> people post nations that still exist

Eastern Europe in general

>nations that dont exist
>nations

nice reaction gif XD

gonna save this for the next time i wanna epically BURN someone in a twitter argument XD

Trying to dissect a dumb post is a fruitless endeavor. You're either taking bait or entering a pointless argument that ends in dick measuring.

Better to just call bullshit for what it is as it surfaces.

Carthage

1874, a new constitution was formed, and Haiti was relatively stable and unified for about 39 years. Monetary reforms, paying off debt to France, the development of intellectual culture, and some industrialization took place. Haiti was looked upon as a model for economic growth in Latin America. In 1911, the revolution destroyed that. How is that memery?

>t.buttblasted poltard

The Hatian Revolution was a far deal more effective and humane than the French, despite the fact they were black. Triggered?

honestly Haiti was doomed from the start, a tiny island nation with absolutely no resources whatsoever that doesn't even control the whole island

However, if you ever go there you'll see that it is a quite curious anomaly compared to the rest of the americas in terms of culture. Particularly its cuisine and religion are quite unique.

Give this a watch, its from a rather bizarre culinary travel show but has a pretty interesting segment on Haiti if you start at 1:06:05
youtube.com/watch?v=EOU9XQdDJUY

>was relatively stable
>relatively
That's how. By your own admission, it was on the verge of destruction from the start.

>historical reality makes you a buttblasted /pol/tard
By the by, a /pol/tard wouldn't defend Mexico, idiot.

> muhh Hannibooo

Russia or Germany

And Native Americans especially

>stable prosperous nation for nearly it's entire history
>most tragic nation in history
American education

Haiti.

>buzzword, buzzword, buzzword

>pic related

Russia, by far.

I'd say Armenians. They suffered a genocide worse than that of Jews and nobody seems to even remotely care.

morale decline theory believer: the post

>he is american

this

Armenia

Russia

It wasn't a genocide

Yugoslavia

Poogoslavia more like.

America is actually the genuine answer to the opposite question of op.

t. urk

ethiopia

SOMEONE SQUASH THAT ROACH

They had so much potential if the communists hadn't taken over

Poland

If you mean "autistic" rather tragic, then without a doubt it would be Germany.

Africa

Congo. It's not even close

He asked for countries

Armenia
Ireland
Germany
Hungary
Ukraine

Bait

I stand by my point regardless. I'm not trying to make a claim saying that Haiti was some kind of Latin American progressive utopia. I'm claiming that Haiti had a tragic history from the start. They won a revolution, had a national hero/unnoficial president that seemed as though he cared about the welfare of Haiti more than getting the benefits of owning the nation such as America's post-revolution aristocracy, and had brief periods of unity. The period between 1874 through 1911 may have been doomed from the start, but that's why I say it has a tragic history, unique from most other Latin American developing nations. The reason I say relatively stable is because this was the first time in Haiti's post colonial history where they weren't being beaten to shit with war after war against themselves. The point is that things were once again looking up for Haiti, and it all crashed down.

Another thing that I neglected to mention, but I feel is important; a lot of the reason why I chose Haiti is because I can't help but feel like they deserved more. I know that unfair tragedy has happened to countless other nations, but I couldn't help but feel a bit attached to Haiti after I read about their history. The Haitians were full of national pride, a slightly naive sense of hope, and they had a national hero leading them. The period of extreme pants-on-head crazy rebellions ensued, and crushed their previous enthusiasm. Then comes the previously mentioned Haitian cultural rennaisance, Haitian we wuz'ing, and things went back to shit. I know that my last statement was more of an emotional plea (they wuz good boys n now they dead n shiet), but even if you don't include that point, I'd still put Haiti up there for nations with tragic histories.

Christ, that was bizarre. Thanks for sending it user, it was a good watch.

I wouldn't say Haiti was doomed from the start. If they had managed to utilize their natural resources like the French did (sans crippling oppression, which is the tough part) and had used it to trade with other nations (once again, tough, because many nations didn't recognize them), they could have had the resources. I honestly don't know what they could have done to unite the country though. After writing that, I do see what a tough job that would be though. See the bottom of for a bit more of why I chose Haiti though. The futility of it all, matched with the naivety, potential, and enthusiasm of Haiti made it tragic in my opinion.

China
as in actual for real China, the one that ruled the land of China and eventually became the Republic of China and is now known as Taiwan while literally genocidal, objectively evil usurpers occupy the land of China and the whole world acknowledges the psychopaths as China out of greedy desire to partake of the exploitation of the occupied, brainwashed Chinese people.

>Ireland

Sniff.. sniff

Paraguay deserves a mention

>people actually think this

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you, but the USA still probably has the best history of any country. United States can be as degenerate as fuck but its still a safer place to live than any of the other shit nations out there.

I would say Japan is a more extreme example of this though. Went from a place where respect of tradition was of the highest values to being a degenerate as fuck island where the main export is 2d drawings of underage girls wearing catgirl nurse outfits. The men of Japan went from being stoic samurai to apathetic NEETs.

Korea - China and Japans bitch since forever, then split into two.

Poland.

1655: Sweden invades Poland with the help of the Tartars and Cossacks. Poland is devistated. A population of 10 million is reduced to 6 million.

1700s: Russia, Prussia and Austria fight over Poland. They settle the dispute by dividing Poland into thirds.

1791: Catherine the Great invades Poland to break up its new democracy.*

1793: Russia and Prussia take over half of what is left of Poland.

1795: Poland is non-existent for the next 123 years.

1870s: Russia attempts to eradicate Polish culture, making Russian the official language in the Russian partition. Prussia does the same in their portion of Poland.

1890s: Poland experiences mass emigration due to poverty. Four million out of 22 million Poles emigrate to the United States. This good luck for America.

1915: World War I: Poland becomes a front. Poles were forced into the Russian, German, and Austrian armies and forced to fight against one another.

1919: The Polish-Soviet War.

1926: Pilsudski makes himself dictator of Poland.

1930s: Poland signs a nonaggression pacts with Germany and the Soviet Union.

1939: Germany and the Soviet Union sign a nonaggression pact.

1939: Hitler and the Soviet Union invade Poland. Mass arrests, executions, and exiles begin.

1940: The Katyn Massacre was a mass execution of Polish nationals carried out by the Soviet secret police. The massacre was approved by Stalin. The number of victims is estimated at about 22,000,

1941: Poland remains under the Nazi regime for the next three years. Many Poles are deported to labor camps. The Polish intelligentsia are executed. The Germans exterminate Poland's three million Jews.

1941: The Nazis also killed roughly five million gentiles as part of Generalplan Ōst.

1944: The planned destruction of Warsaw occurred while Russian "rescuers" prevented the Allies from helping. The capital was destroyed, every monument, every historical building, every church, every library and the entire national archives. The city was rebuilt by the Soviets into a soulless grey nightmare during the Cold War.

1945: The Soviet Union, the United States and Great Britain meet at Yalta and agree to leave Poland under Soviet control.

1990: Prices in Poland rise by 250%, with incomes dropping by 40%.

2010: A Polish plane crashed in Russia killing all 96 people on board, including the president and former president, the chief of the Polish General Staff, the president of the Bank of Poland, Poland's deputy foreign minister, 15 members of parliament and senior members of the Polish clergy. Russian involvement is suspected by many.

2050: Polish forces successfully take Moscow and Berlin simultaneously

... I can't argue with that.

Is there any nation more whiny than the Poles?

Sealand
>I just want to be recognized

Tragic entails to have it so good and then becoming progressively shittier and irrelevant. A coin toss between Greece and Spain.

fake

Oh that's only because you're fucking retarded. Not your fault

>Republic of China
>republic
>true china

>Humane
>Kill all Frenchmen, no matter if they were elderly, sick, children, or women (unless the former slaves chose them as wives, then they were kept around)

The noses look completely different, and caracalla has thin lips, also notice the angle and shape of the cheekbones. The only reason they look similar is because of the hair and beard, otherwise they look nothing alike.

HOL UP
cleans toilet
What youse tryin' to say is
puts on track suit
Get sum of that you saying that
posts winged hussar pics
Hol up so u be sayin is
squats
SO U BE SAYIN
steals car
SO HOL UP U BE SAYIN
takes EU welfare