A psychiatric session with an average millennial

M:
>all my friends are successful
>all my friends are married with children
>all my friends are fit

P:
Have you ever considered you might be trying to please your parents?

M:
>N-no! Of course not! This is about my survival as a 'human being (tm)'. Its serious business. I totally respect your question though.

P:
How do you feel about the thought of living in a dumbster or flipping burgers at Wendy's?

M:
>Are you calling ME a failure?? I bet You live in a dumbster!! How DARE YOU!!?!

>>/r9k/

you have to use 3 arrows

>>/r9k/>

Have you ever seen a psychologist? That's a fucking movie scenario.

All they do is talk to you, if you think they get into your meta like that you are very fucking wrong.

This. Going to a psychologist is pretty comfy if you can afford it.

I'm not OP but I've wanted to go to a psychologist for a while now to see if I have any repressed shit or just to help me work through a few things. Only problem is they're expensive as fuck just for one session.

I think it'd be extremely interesting to work as a psychologist as well.

>Only problem is they're expensive as fuck just for one session.

They are very expensive here too, but we have a medical system which allows us to claim for free essentially.

I was/am going through some shit and my GP referred me to many psychiatrists/psychologists but one of the major things that kept me from going was payment - one of my psychiatrist appointment's was around 500 bucks for one 45 minute session - I stopped going after that and said it was too expensive and they started bulk billing me (get the sessions for free).

I don't go to them anymore because I don't want drugs and a diagnosis.

You really are your only way out, psychiatrists/psychologist make you realise that. If they helped you, fucking awesome, but keep in mind they are not for everyone. And it really depends on your GP anyway, they can refer you to utter shite psychiatrists without knowing because they don't really deal with this type of thing. The first referral I got was like this - the first meeting I went to I took my Freud book to see if he would say anything - he didn't. On my fifth session I just happened to be reading it again and took it to my session, this time he picked up onto it and his mind it was a change which came about from him (I had been reading philosophy for a few years before then), he said I was now 'seeking knowledge' and he spent most of that session talking about Freud and his cocaine abuse. He then passed me off and said I didn't need anymore sessions with him. Remember they are people.

/blog.

tl;dr - don't bother seeing them.

Im a psychologist.
Im here for you, you only have to pay me with dank memes.

>psychiatrists
This man was a psychologist, not a psychiatrist. My bad.

>if you can afford it.

Land of the free.

I-I don't think I have any dank Menes though ;_;

Eh I get that and that's the same belief I subscribe to, I think it'd be nice just to talk to someone about it you know, I'm usually the listener when it comes to talking with my friends and offering advice or help and if they ask me how I'm doing more often then not the answer is fine/good? I tend to bottle everything in and just internalize it all. I believe it'd be refreshing just to have someone to talk to about it all.

Lol he kicked you out m8.
Im a psychologist and can confirm this.
Some patients seem to like using their therapy session to expose their "knowledge", somehow it makes them feel more secure trying to seduce us into thinking "oh youre very deep user, pls tell me more".
Of course this is a waste of time to us, and the fact that you're wasting your therapy session on something like that is a signal that you don't really need therapy, so we tell them to fuck off instead of having more useless sessions.

>tl dr: psychoterapy is not for everyone

>Of course this is a waste of time to us, and the fact that you're wasting your therapy session on something like that is a signal that you don't really need therapy, so we tell them to fuck off instead of having more useless sessions.

I should have prefaced this with the fact that I tried to commit soduko.

I know I was 'passed on'. By a medical professional meant to help me. Did not even once ask me why I tried to kill myself. He spent 5 sessions (5 is the mandatory amount of a mental health plan in this country) talking about CBT and how it can help me when I said I know what CBT is when he asked me about it.

>Did not even once ask me why I tried to kill myself.

I should continue. In my literal first session with a PSYCHIATRIST we did not stop talking about literally every single facet of feeling and thought when I tried to kill myself.

Psychology is a literal scam. And is used as placebo.

Is Harambe a Dank Meme?

So basically after the session I just send you a picture of wojack?

Lol tha "psychiatrist" was using psychology lad. Psychiatry doesnt have a model of the mind and reduces the patient's problem to a neurological imbalance that needs to be attended by psychopharmacology. Anyway, there are some good guys that even when being psychiatrist, study further into clinical psychology and attend their patiens with it, leaving drugs only has a last option.
Sad thing is most psychiatrist dont do this.

As for psychology, there are a lot of diferent methods according to the epistemological bases. Psychoanalisis, gestalt, humanism, conductism, cbt, etc, etc...

And because cbt is funded in neopositivism, its a pretty bad field for the study of the mind to take place, very much like psychiatry.
I recommend you to take a different aproach with a phenomenical method like psychoanalisis, if youre still interested.

Sorry if bad english, not my native lenguaje

Lets see what you got

Hell yeah man

Kek. Nice backflip.

Retard. I would take a medically trained professional who has actual experience working inside of mental hospitals over that of a university exercising his fake degree.

Kill yourself. And take your failed profession with you.

>u got passed on
becomes
>psychiatry is shit
Fucking hilarious. I've seen more than one psychologist also and multiple psychiatrists.

I like how you literally skipped over the part where a psychologist gave up on someone suicidal and literally told them you don't need psychology. Pat on the back and thousands of dollars in their pocket.

Your a fucking scam artist, literally kill yourself. What's your rate for a 30 minute conversation?

>Your a fucking scam artist
I will also add when I went back to my GP for another psychologist referral she literally told me most of them are like that. They only help idiots with placebo, everyone else is just pawned down the line and money taken.

>she literally told me most of them are like that.
And that I should, If I were willing, see a psychiatrist instead. But I wasn't yet ready for that route.

You are at the butt of mental health yet you believe you are going to solve all it's problems, hell even GP's know this.

Here's what I got.

10/10

Here's a #RARE Pepe in return

My diagnosis: HELLA MAD BUTTHURT MANCHILD.

Nigga, i never said psychiatry was shit. I work along with them. I just told you what is the epistemological background of it. You know what that is right?? You're on his after all

>"muh suicidal feelings"
>"psych was wrong to let me go i could kill myself"
>doesn't kill yourself

Kill yourself and provee that psychologist wrong user, every breath you take is confirming what he saw on you: a pretencious little hurted prick looking for attention and validation.

Wait, I thought I was going to get psychiatric treatment.

I am an American, hanging out on image boards and offering dank memes is my best hope for that.

>Kill yourself and provee that psychologist wrong user, every breath you take is confirming what he saw on you: a pretencious little hurted prick looking for attention and validation.
hehehehe nice. Money well spent on a good education!

>didn't even give his going rate
kek. Glad I don't even give tax payers money to you any more.

>Not an argument

Someone mad?

>still not answering the questions being posed
Why bother?

How much do you get paid? Next justify that huge number.

He gets paid in memes bro.

Yeah of course user, i totally agree.

Here on Veeky Forums they pay me in memes idiot. Pay attention next time "mr suicidal deep guy"

You people must be going to quacks. Mine does that sometimes

>not answering the question
>wants to be taken seriously as a psychiatrist
What you think im doing, man. Getting a free sessions.

>discussing the pointlessness of a psychology with a psychologist
Doesn't get any better than that. He can't even answer the questions properly.

>inb4 i was just pretending
Can't wait, desu.

I have to work hard to justify being paid with dis dank meme

>psychiatrist
Fuck me, again.
psychologist *

Sorry, which question? How much i get paid?
That's the big question? Kek

It depends on the client mostly user. My ethical code forbiddes me from charging more than 2 salary days from my patients.

So if im attending someone without much money has a student, my rathes are low. Whith a politician my rathes are high. I negotiate this with every patient that comes in and we agree on a particular pay.

Some families here are really poor, so i charge them with wathever they can give: fruit, bread, etc etc. You get the picture

And no user, im not pretending. Im a psychologist.

Was that the big question?

>"millennial"
Is OP less than 16 or older than 37?

Either way get the fuck out of here.

I asked for your rates. AND THEN your justification.

You did not supply me with any rates. Nice.

>And no user, im not pretending. Im a psychologist.
Whats the name of your practice, what's your website?

Im trying to understand what you dont get.

What do you mean by rathes?

Your fucking rate of pay, you know? The thing you charge? Usually a fucking number, which you won't give, because it doesn't exist - because you are from some shit hole nation.

Like I am going to believe someone online who advocates suicide (no matter the meme status). It's actually hilarious, I literally have no idea what you are trying to do.

I was the original user who was talking about wanting to go and see a psychologist, just wanted to say after leaving the thread for a while the amount of mad in this thread is amazing. Literally autism in text based form.

Hey senpai I got a problem I have with psychologist, hopefully you can provide some insight.

Basically my psychologists is a foreigner and sometimes when I talk about my family issues, she ask me to move. She has been using that a lot lately. Such an action is a huge faux pas in my culture (although I must admit I don't want to move either) and I can't seem to communicate that to her. This problem is really souring the sessions I have with her and I don't know how to fix it

What? Are you retarded?

I already answered that.
Here, let me put it simple for you

>Patient's monthly income/ 30 x 2 = what this particular patient pays

Want a demostration so you can grasp this hard concept? Tell me how much do you make in a month.

>buth other psychologist have the same rates for every patient.

I told you there are big differences between one psychologist and another. Every method has its own philosphy and ethics.

>like i am going to believe someone online who advocates suicide
Where do you think you are, user?

>i have no idea what you're trying to do
Believe it or not im trying to anwer your questions even thoug youre so butthurt

;^)

Why would she tell you to move?

Whats your age?

To get away from my parents and depend/leech on

It seems like she has a pretty directive method.

By any chance, do you see her because depression? Or what is the motivation?

Yes depression is the major factor