Hygiene

Why were Europeans so dirty for so long after the fall of Rome?

Chemical warfare.

I actually ask that question often myself. My guess would be the rainfall and the seasons. The cities are built to clean themselves.

So we could enslave the rest of the world with our immunity to disease

Le Leluminist propaganda

>poop anywhere and walk over their feces and urine in their towns

But that's not India

Euro are poo in the loo

Savages they are

>Europe was once like India
>took over the world

Proof India will be the global superpower and BTFO Pakistan & China!

This. Just poop everywhere and kill the natives with your poop.

>mfw Mexican indian
>mfw I realize we wuz sanitary n shiet

Despite the opulence of the palaces of France uptil the 18th century showing all those paintings, pomp, grandeur and romance, they lacked indoor plumbing and most palace dwellers smelled pretty bad. It was not uncommon to find human excrement in the elegant carpeted stairways of the great palaces and castles. Piles could be found in hallways and corridors. Bathing was a rarity.

Marie Antionette, last queen of France
Though she's surrounded with fantasty tales in many history books, the truth is very different. Marie Antoinette bathed infrequently, seldom changed clothes, and was around palace people who were even less hygeinic than she was. Marie Antoinette's once a month baths were like a glamouous ritual. The water in the bathtub was scented and filled with sweet pine nuts, blanched sweet almonds, marsh mallow root, lilly bulbs and a candy paste of rare plants. As expected, she probably smelled like fresh with some floral undertones for the first couple of days. But such elaborate baths with natural ingredients could not be made available frequently. Thus, the body odor would begin from the third or the fourth day, and a fortnight later she would literally stink.

Queen Elizabeth I
She's said to have taken a bath once a month “whether she needed it or not" even though she had access to sunken bath built by her father.

>employed a thousand cleaners to sweep

>employed

WE WUZ CAPITULIZM

>were
They still are 2bh

Most major Europeans cities are former Roman cities that had aqueducts to supply fresh water. Once the west fell the infrastructure around aqueducts collapsed leaving whites sitting in excrement.

Compare this to an Asian rice civilization that literally needs to be around water in order to feed itself. Cleanliness tends to rise when the average person has access to fresh water

I am really sure that part about Europeans shitting everywhere is straight out bullshit. Maybe that's just me though?

Before the advent of indoor plumbing and municipal sewage systems it wasn't uncommon for people to toss excrement out into the street from the front door

However the myth of Mexicans ever being clean has long since been busted

>Poortugal not in the red with a ridiculously low number
you're gonna flunk out of meme school user

>fucking turkey

you'd actually be surprised, there are fountains all over the place for washing your hands and feet

They weren't .

Newfound respect for Bosnia

ywn have a queen waifu who literally smells like shit and death

oh wow you can still see the ottoman influence there, they did something right at least

Rome was also really "dirty" though.

My old history teacher told us that bathing daily fell out of fashion during the black plague, because at some point, it was considered the reason why the plague spread. But I never verified the claim, so I'm not sure.

>soap AND water

Would have to say no because I I don't use fucking soap when taking a bloody piss.

Meanwhile vikings named Saturday bathday as they bathed every week then.

That sounds like bullshit. People don't like to smell unless they have something wrong with them, and even the dirtiest fuckers will jump into a shower once they start smelling their own BO.

>be Mexica
>immune system falls prey to Old World diseases that Europeans and Asians had no problem with because they lived in shit

Ultimately, they were unfit for survival. The same will happen when a super virus wipes out civilization and only India survives: all of you who laughed at them for shitting in the streets, will be dead or enslaved

>So we could enslave the rest of the world with our immunity to disease
Red man red man
Whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do when small pox comes for you?

You do know muslims wipe their asses with their hands?

At least they wash afterwards

That's really fucking hot for some reason. I would fap but it's 85 degrees in my house right now because the fucking air conditioning broke.

People don't know they smell unless other people smell better in comparison. Before the invention of deodorant in the 1800's people simply smelled like...people and no one had anything to compare it to

thanks user. Now thats not to say that people wouldn't notice when they smelled particularly strongly, but it was just taken for granted.

People are way too obsessed with smelling like a fucking mango or something these days.

Go back to the Middle Ages you dirty peasants

We were defeated by poop.

100,000,000 people exterminated by poop.

he's bathing in blood because it was thought to give plague immunity

>shitterlands

This whole thread is incorrect. I bet you believe the drinking water was unsafe too.

We were too busy pimping out rest of the world

>Though she's surrounded with fantasty tales in many history books, the truth is very different. Marie Antoinette bathed infrequently, seldom changed clothes

Fucking Austrians

Meh
My sister showers like once a week and she doesnt smell bad when clothed
Her puss puss on the other hand...

Turks and other arabs wip their ass directly with their bare hands instead of paper, so they sure as hell better wash their hands afterward

Continue

portugal is my nation waifu

it's so underrated

just a meme, every city kept its most important streets clean while the poor were left to their own devices, there is no conclusive evidence that any culture was exceptionally different

Uh h-how do you know this user...Do you do your sister's laundry?

meme you mong

Here's the actual map

What a load of bullshit.
>seldom changed clothes
What do you think she slept in her whalebone corset? That her servants grabbed the same gown from yesterday and strapped it on her unwashed even though there was an army of them there to maintain her sartorial splendor? I mean obviously people that can afford to run a palace are going to only have a handful of clothes right? It's not like they have an entire empire worth of tailors that would send them free shit simply in the hopes of currying favor or anything.

Who the fuck honestly believes shit like that?

Germans are literal autists.

>netherlannds
KEK

They don't you retard.

Istinja is the concept of toilet hygiene in Islam, they wash their asses then use toilet paper like normal people.

>then use toilet paper like normal people
But then the wet toilet paper tends to rip off and stick to the ass. It'd make more sense to wipe before using a bidet or whatever.

To be fair, what are you going to do if you don't have plumbing or sewers? Walk a mile into the wilderness every time you want to take a shit?

didn't they have chamber pots they left outside the room for maids or that they(commoners) emptied in a gutter somewhere when full?

Back then a gutter was basically anything that wasn't on your property so lots of people would just pour it out onto the street.

>Bosnicleans
nice

Arabs do that. Turks don't

Vikings and Jews are two examples of people who bathed in Medieval Europe. Cultures that bathed frequently definitely knew the difference between the smell of "people" and the smell of hygiene.

Maybe if you only use 1-ply.

>The next morning we reached the broad high road of Iztapalapan, whence we for the first time beheld the numbers of towns and villages built in the lake, and the still greater number of large townships on[Pg 219] the mainland, with the level causeway which ran in a straight line into Mexico. Our astonishment was indeed raised to the highest pitch, and we could not help remarking to each other, that all these buildings resembled the fairy castles we read of in Amadis de Gaul; so high, majestic, and splendid did the temples, towers, and houses of the town, all built of massive stone and lime, rise up out of the midst of the lake. Indeed, many of our men believed what they saw was a mere dream.

>After we had seen all this, we paid a visit to the gardens adjoining these palaces, which were really astonishing, and I could not gratify my desire too much by walking about in them and contemplating the numbers of trees which spread around the most delicious odours; the rose bushes, the different flower beds, and the fruit trees which stood along the paths.

baka desu

I stopped believing you around the time shit was piled in the hallways.

You weren't. That's a lie. Especially in Mexico where most of the land lacks rivers an streams.

>Thus, the body odor would begin from the third or the fourth day, and a fortnight later she would literally stink.
Gave me a raging hard-on

Fucking disgusting. Wash your hands properly, cunt.

This

Chamber pots were a thing

Night soil was commonly collected and used for fields in the time before industrial fertilizer and factory farmed livestock could provide manure.

Yet "Vikings" and "Jews" would still say that the other smelled differently while saying that their own people smell normal. Its why Indians don't know they smell like curry and whites don't know that they smell like wet dog to nonwhites.

>whites don't know that they smell like wet dog to nonwhites.
Really? How foul.

Christianity

>But mooom, I don't want to bathe!
>Son, you're 34. Stop acting like such a baby.

>People who's main pastimes were warring and toiling the fields never washed
>Somehow survive for 1500+ years and the black plague

Ok.

Beats me