November 2014, I was given this car for what essentially amounts to nothing...

November 2014, I was given this car for what essentially amounts to nothing. Turns out my parents gave it to me because they felt guilty about spending like 20k getting my dipshit brother out of trouble for past child support and a DUI.

I payed a total of about 1400 for the thing. It had 40k miles on it at the time. It is a nice car for the price paid.

Fast forward to 40k miles later, and the stupid ass CVT shudders like a son of a bitch. Not all the time, but it will go on streaks while cruising where it will jar the car hard enough to make me think I got tapped from the back. I am terrified that this contraption will just up and explode one of these days.

All of the maintenance has been done, mostly by me. Except for changing the fluid in the CVT, because it is done through the same pipe that it is drained from and requires a stupid ass nissan tool in order for you to not make a disastrous mess.

is there anyone else that has had experience with these things? how long are they supposed to last? when should I just roll the bastard down a hill?

i despise that car every normie has one and its so huge they cant drive it, i drive alot of nissans for work and almost all of them shudder so its either normal or fucked

yeah, I approach the wrong fucking car in a parking lot at least twice a week. Its boring as fuck, but it does get 30mpg.

Call the dealer OP. They will be able to answer these questions

Take it to Nissan Asap, CVT symptoms like you pointed out are not normal, and I'm pretty sure the car is under warranty, some CVT's just shit the bed early no idea why, I have an 08 Maxima 3.5 with a CVT 118k miles and its never given me problems, regular flushes done at Nissan.

>all of the maintenance has been done
>mostly by me

Found your problem, buddy.

Nissan CVTs love to explode for some reason.

Dealer isn't being very much help, as they have kept the car and cannot replicate the issue.

Ever seen the dumbfucks most shops hire for basic maintenance? I have been burned too many times by these assholes to go back.

Case and point: there was once a Subaru tech that worked at the dealership with me. Now, knowing what I do about rebuilds, torque measurements are fucking CRUCIAL when mating into aluminum. This asshole was the only subaru tech in the shop and would get all the heavy line rebuilds. We see him rebuilding an EJ25 with a breaker bar, tensioning every bolt as hard as he could. No pattern, no torque measurement. When asked, he stated that he just "made it tight" and laughed it off.

>he bought a nissan

>and then he said it was fast

>"it's an automatic"

>"i drive a subaru"

>he drives a transverse V6

>"i drive a civic"

>and then he said "i drive a miata"

>and then he said "it's fwd"

>"it's a toyota"

>he bought a chevy

>he paid more for the automatic

>he paid for an automatic

>he can't afford a rolls royce

>it's electric

>"i drive a tesla"

>and then i asked him what he does for fun... and he said "i work on cars"

>"i drive a frs"

>he cares about mpg

>he thinks bmw's are luxurious

>and then he said he was using 5th gear to "save fuel" instead of just cruise at 80 mph in 3rd!
>what a cheapskate!

>he bought a fwd vehicle

>he bought a used vehicle

>he bought a camaro

>it's a hybrid

>corvette's are fast

>gm is better than ford

You basically need to find a good independent mechanic that has experience with Nissan CVTs. Yelp, or cartalk.com's Mechanics Files are decent places to start. Call them up and ask if they've worked on Nissans with this issue. Pick one and leave it in their hands.

But first have your dealership perform the TSBs related to CVT shudder.

And specify which engine you have because the transmissions are different units.

>"gm can compete"

>"i like gm"

>"chevy is reliable"

>"gm is better than ford"

>gm
>performance

>"manuals are better than automatics"

>"pushrods are better than any other setup"

>gm literally has NEVER crossed the finish line of lemans in first place

gm literally has never created a production 4 cylinder more powerful than the 2.3L ecoboost in the focus rs

>gm literally has never created a naturally aspirated production v8 more powerful than the one in the gt350

>gm literally has never created a forced induction production v8 more powerful than the 5.8L trinity engine inside the GT500

>gm literally cannot outperform a V6 nissan

>gm literally lost to a v6 ford at laguna seca

>4 cylinder engines

>I physically cannot comprehend the amount of shitposting in this thread
Like wow and I thought I could fuck up a thread

>bmw
>performance

>"bmw is better than ford"

>bmw literally cannot outperform a mustang

>gm literally cannot outperform a bmw m2

>gm literally cannot outperform a bmw m4

>he bought a 2016 shitmaro