I just bought the cleanest Del Sol known to man. It's already quick...

I just bought the cleanest Del Sol known to man. It's already quick, but I'm looking at turbo kits and want to know what my cheapest option is. I'm planning to run around 13 psi to push the motor close to 260hp. I want to skip on a blow off valve for price reasons and for the fact that it sounds awesome without one.

Other urls found in this thread:

gfb.com.au/tech/tech-articles/11-the-truth-about-compressor-surge
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I suggest you start unricing it first. Bring it back to stock and then go from there.

I personally thought the wheels were tasteful. I do want to lower it to get rid of the wheelgap though. I'm concerned about the darkened tail lights however, strictly from a safety standpoint

Get a racing modification

From where? I was planning to dyno it in a few weeks anyway

Ok just a few notes:
>13 psi no bov
Bad idea. Blowoff valves exist to prevent damage to the turbocharger. If sound is really your concern then route the air back into the intake. If money is your issue then reconsider using a bolt on turbo.
>13 psi and cheap.
Not to say that it's not possible, but cheap upgrades hardly ever turn out good. Unless of course it is a labor of love by someone who knows or can figure out what they are doing.
I would recommend searching some Honda forums for people who have done this before.

Okay, I'll definitely reconsider my options. This is my first performance vehicle, and I'm kind of at a loss because I don't know much about cars

Good idea, 13 psi is a lot on stock internals for any na engine. Get a boost controller and start with lower boost until you're sure you want to take the risk. Being able to turn it down on the fly will make it a much better daily

13psi on what turbo?

That's my question honestly, I'm kind of going into this blindly

Sweet hot air intake

Thanks man. I think it's called a "short ram" though. A cold air intake would be extended further down towards the backside of the bumper

>damage to the turbo myth

No. BOVs exist because without them (or diverter valves) the pressurised air leaving back through the intake will cause the turbines to spin in the opposite direction, which means it takes longer to spool back up when you get on the throttle again. The shaft inside a turbo is in no way directional, it is literally just a cylinder of metal either suspended by oil inside solid brass bearings or on ball/roller bearings, which also dgaf which way they spin.

Either way it's still drawing in hotter air than the stock airbox would, find one and put it back in.

And clean your headlights

Didn't mean for that to sound so blunt, it's a nice car man enjoy that shit

It's all good man! I'm a hard person to offend. I'm hoping to turbo it ASAP, but if I dont, I'll definitely get a longer intake or go back to stock

for your sake I hope this is bait.

Learn where its at before you guess where you want to go.

Just drive it for a month as is. I promise then you'll have a clearer picture of what you want to do.

Also, it seems like you want to care for this and are pretty conscious, it'll give you a chance to see and address any ghosts that do pop up. Then you can do what you want to right.

A snake coils before it strikes, otherwise it's far less effective. That's a nice car.

For your sake I hope you're trying to wind me up.

Try to refute what I said and I'll pick that shit apart in the morning

Also "cleanest known to man"

Look at your plug wires, then repeat that

i hope you have an alarm installed before you even buy a little tree for that thing it will get stolen

I know it's nice, but is it really worthy of being snatched?

I can't believe I'm even wasting my time but here you go:
gfb.com.au/tech/tech-articles/11-the-truth-about-compressor-surge
Have fun picking it apart retard

>cites one source that is also wrong
Get fucked moron

>wrong and can't even cite one shitty source.
Keep on sucking that whole bag of dicks, fag

In short op if you want to run more than a couple of pounds of boost you should install a BOV. Compressor surge will not stop a turbo or cause it to run backwards, but it is bad for the turbo. You can google "compressor surge" and pretty much pick a link at random to read about it.

>unrice it first
It only has after market wheels and tinted lights you fuck other than that it's completely stock

Fucking this

dude ur car will get stolen if u do not do some theft protection. no matter how shitty ur fucking honda is if u park it on the street its only a matter of time before its stolen

>wheels
>rice in anyway
Some people are just really, really dumb

sup op.

Can't do that. 250hp is the limit of rods. Any more and you'll make windows in block.

Watch honda forums, get cheap manifolds. I have an Edelbrock manifold, DSM 450CC injectors, and a Garrett T25 turbo off a DSM/Volvo. $125 manifold, $80 injectors, $75 turbo.

Add downpipe/exhaust, maybe $2-300 to have something built. I did all the exhaust work myself because I'm a cheap fuck.

Need to have it tuned. You can either chip the stock ECU and run something like Crome, or do something like Megasquirt and tune it yourself with the power of the internet. I tuned my car using Crome myself and it made about 230whp when I built it.

Ask questions and I'll answer whatever.

hp doesnt limit rods

you're fucking stupid.

A few things, the stock airbox actually flows pretty well, once you remove the lower baffling. Those wheels look really heavy and a good set of smaller, lighter wheels like Rotas would be a good choice and free up some unsprung weight. A buddy of mine had a hatch with a D16Z6 like yours and it was boosted with a CARB-legal Greddy turbo kit that put out about 5-6 psi of boost, and it was very reliable.

Just some ideas for you, I think the boosted hatch was putting about 190-200 to the wheels, which makes these cars feel very quick. 260 would be fun.

>cleanest Del Sol known to man

kek the emblem looks like it was painted over when the bumper was redone

it doesnt.

>well known fact that when a d16z6 starts getting around 250hp that it will bend/shatter/discharge rods
>this is the point where cylinder pressure exceeds rods ability to not die terribly

hurrdurr look at me i'm an user on the internet

Please user, tell me in what laymans terms we are supposed to speak of an engines stock power limits/capabilities then.

So you admit you were wrong?

260hp with turbo? Sohc? After buying the kit and paying for the labor the price will be comparable to doing a b-h series swap (k series if its hot). In other words. Get swap. Save your money from that point. Build the head. And then figure the induction issue out. Im assuming your young, but i really hope ur bait. Just based off ur choice in which del sol to buy to start with its clear ur not the brightest bulb.. u almost make me madder then the /hg/ fags. Those nigs NEVER do anything actual honda heads would do. And u sir. Would fit right in..

Stock Z6 rods are like toothpicks. Just a simple Honda-Tech search clears this right up.

Why search.. slim to no person trying to make a honda perfom would ever use a D series to start. Unless u already had the parts laying around to boost it. And a swap ready for when it blows... there isnt really any other point. I would legit build it to kill it just because its free.

He just explained why he's right.