>2017 poopra
>made in austria with a bmw engine

JUST

wow what a piece of shit.
how fortunate that you're too poor to afford one

Don't Austrians make the 718 too?

That thing is hot as fuck.

(citation needed)

It doesn't look like the MKIV enough for me to like it.

Also, there is a good reason to use a BMW engine. Toyota doesn't make gasoline inline sixes anymore, so it was cheaper to use a great straight six from another company.

I'd much rather have BMW inline 6 in a Toyota, than go to a V6 like everyone else has. It is one of the things I don't like about the R35 GT-R.

>not just using the kajillion 2JZs still sitting around

I hope you're only pretending

How hard would it be to crank out an updated 2JZ? They must still have the plans lying around somewhere

>let's just use this engine older than most of the car's fanboys in a modern car

3JZ-GTE WHEN

>3500cc
>3 turbos
>400hp stock

sothisisspiralpower.gif

RIPizza the days of Japan churning out iconic vehicles

the mk4 supra wasn't iconic when it came out

But there were still other vehicles that held it down. There's so many classic 80-90 vehicles as opposed to current times

NSX and godzilla were though, look at them now

Is that not a FT1? Toyota already announced they're ditching the FT1 design

Great. So it literally has BMW reliability now.
Just shit my fuck up senpai

GTR still is

yes it will just be a bmw engine with no input from toyota, obviously

They aren't going to do it because Toyota isn't interested in building iron block gasoline engines.

>German platform
>German engine
>Built in Austria like some German cars

Does this mean its essentially more of a German car or re-badge'd Toyota similar to the Fiata? as in its not even Japanese anymore? or does Toyota have a little input here and there.

>2016
>3.5L
>400hp
fucking shit m8

This is great news. Now I have a question.

New MR2 when (pic related)? Maybe if a new MR2 comes out, GM can finally bring back the Pontiac brand and the Fiero.

sadly, 2jz fanboys are mentally deficient

of course toyota has input it's got their name on it

>BMW make bad performance engines

It's not about performance. It's about reliability.

Is that the new MR2 concept? I've seen different designs

I doubt GM would ever bring Pontiac back but it would be cool if Pontiac themselves somehow came back and was able to make their own decisions /design their own platforms and engines like they originally wanted to before GM just fuck'ed their shit up famalam.

If GM did make a small mid-engine'd car though it would most likely be a Chevrolet (or even possibly a Buick)

Seriously though if i had money practically falling out of my ass id revive Pontiac myself just for the sole purpose of making bench-racer and fun miata-tier performance meme-machines (or whatever is currently popular now)

I'd much rather have a Yamaha engine desu

>yes it will just be a bmw engine with no input from toyota, obviously
Not even the japanese can turn bmw into something reliable

Why do people expect performance engines that run closer to their limits then a camry expect camry reliability?

Look at how great the 90's where with RX7's, EVO's etc... those things where high maintenance but legendary because they pushed the limits. Bunch of faggots these days that grew up being chauffeured to school by their mothers in a pointlessly large SUV.

its more a matter of principle.
cars like the supra were supposed to demonstrate weebanese technical superiority.

now they can't even make it themselves.

It's the most popular one and the one most rumored to hit production.

GM clearly has plans to do something with the Pontiac and Saturn brands. The corporate websites are still up with live chat.

Here's the problem: you can't have technical superiority if BMW is busy beating you at everything.
This time they get to cheat a little bit by putting their badge on something made by a better company.

>Going to the only company that focuses on the i6
>bad idea

toyota think otherwise

I didn't even think it was possible to bring a dead-brand back once they were gone. especially since GM could only keep a few brands and were forced to let others go.

Please for the love of god don't tell me they are going to revive Pontiac only to make re-badge'd shitboxes.

If they revive Saturn then they should use that as an opportunity to do what Saturn did best in their final years.

i6 is pointless in 2016

v6 is better in EVERY way.

The only thing a V6 is better for is packaging.

Can you back that post up in ANY way?

It's so fucking ugly REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Why can't they have just done a I6 in the gt86 body like everyone would have wanted and not some +$100000 bs with paddle shifters like this will be

so only the most important thing

Back up what?

There is a reason every manufacturer has gone to v6, because it's better.

Since you couldn't figure it out, I was implying that you are an idiot and that you couldn't offer any actual evidence to support your post, which is most likely parroting of some other source (probably Veeky Forums).

>Muh highly strung 2.0L 500hp grenades

How fuckhuge is Steyr anyways. Ridicilous how many cars they've assembled and how much know how they have.

It should just be branded as a Lexus and ad- OH WAIT, LC 500

But seriously, this looks nothing like a Supra nor does it resemble the Supra in any way...

what exactly "resembles a supra"?
mk4 was wildly different than the previous supras

Looks like they're pulling a reverse Fiata, so we're getting BMW reliability with Toyota design.

i6 is the best.
You're gay as fuck.

The whole point of the Future Toyota 1, is its crazy design. They wanted to design the next generation Toyota sports car, one that will stand out in its line up and among the brand. They didn't plan to engineer the next generation car, just design. So as for the BMW powerplant I can understand

Though, the fact that it won't have that signature Toyota reliability and quality that so many have come to expect would be a knock in it. But beyond that it looks like a cool car

If Toyota really wanted to engineer the whole thing, they would have partnered up with Yamaha for a new engine like they did for the LFA

because unlike GM, Toyota doesnt use dated technology.

>because unlike GM, Toyota doesnt use dated technology.
lies.
The 2016 Toyota Yaris hatchback uses the same chassis, engine and drivetrain as the 2000 Toyota Echo.
Your argument is invalid.

>same chassis, engine and drivetrain as the 2000 Toyota Echo
thats pretty impressive honestly

It is, but it hasn't been properly updated in 16 years.

>86 faggots on suicide watch

>tfw god is the one pushing your shit in

put your trip back on stolen recaros

Toyota needs to bring this back

Toyota reliability......

enjoying your first summer in Veeky Forums?

Why did you bring the 86 into this?
I hope you're not implying they're going to be even remotely similar in price range...

Seconded

Toyota forgot how to have fun m80.

>giving your car a nose
2017 Toyota Jewpra

I told you weeks ago I'm not tripping up again. You bitched at me when I tripped. Don't tell me to trip up, then bitch at me for doing so.

would buy in a heartbeat if I had the cash

Are these to be made by Steyr? I have experience with Steyr Marine Diesel products. They do not have the low down power like their larger displacement Euro and American opponents but the fit 'n' finish and reliability seems good.

So they make weapons, cars, inboard marine diesel? Big company.

>toyota cant make a new JZ but they can make the same crown since the 80s

"Supra" is Japanese for "un-inspired".

I fail to see anything wrong with this.

But toyota was the different one. Making the AE86 and MR2 and I'm sure the others aren't bad either. My dads friends MK4 supra has been perfect but he takes good care of it too.

best news I heard all day, toyota havnt made a decent car since the 90s

Dont pull your dicks over the 86 either, its pretty lame

As a rule of thumb, performance motors from BMW are usually the most reliable in their lineup because they're built to higher standards than standard bimmer motors.

If they put the 3.0L from the M3/M4 but make a couple hundred more horsepower from a hybrid system, that would be glorious. Get Yamaha to build a gorgeous-sounding exhaust too like the LFA.

>implying ST205 wasn't superior

This makes me legit mad. Nobody wants another fucking BMW. We want a legit Toyota, made entirely by Toyota. A reliable engine that's also capable of being the new dyno queen.

So far only Nissan delivers in that regard, with their GT-R

Good, let the big boys handle the icon. No one wants to be associated with old jap craps.

i bet you love sucking german willy

Unlike you, I don't. Steyr makes reliable products. from guns to cars so it probably won't be plagued with headgaskets made of butter or something. Also it's Austrian, not German.

they had to make the gearbox casing longer to keep the wheelbase the same as the v8 car
so that's a weak point now

>mfw the reverse of that would be GOAT

two door corolla m3 when
>tfw trying to imagine the bastard child of an s50b30 and 2jz

Will the release of this car impact MKIV prices?

If it does it'll make them even more expensive as the MKIV will be known as the last true and all original "Supra"

BMW is german. It doesn't matter if the parts are manufactured at Austria.

I hope you realize that BMW inline sixes are the dyno queens everywhere BMWs are more common
An S50 3.2l from 1995 for example pushes 321hp n/a while a 2jzgets 325hp with 2 turbos
BMW engines have always been superior and Toyota knows it, thats why the new Supra/BMW Z5 has a bmw engine

looks like a stage 5 aftermarket bodykit in nfs carbon on a supra

Because royalty and the Yakuza still buys it

Sounds good to me

Modern Toyota engines are boring as fuck outside of the v8

Omfg when will people realise it's not a fucking supra it has nothing to do with a supra

When they stop bitching about the new NSX not being the same car from 1990

I don't know how Honda fucked up the NSX so badly. The new NSX is an abomination.

>Design non-hybrid high-revving V8 or turbo V6 (650 HP+)
>Keep it RWD
>Get the Italians to design the exterior (one thing they're actually good at)
>Lightweight, stiff chassis. Minimize pigfat.
>Use the newest, PROVEN technologies in the car

This shouldn't cost more than what the NSX costs already.

>Though, the fact that it won't have that signature Toyota reliability and quality that so many have come to expect would be a knock in it. But beyond that it looks like a cool car
>If Toyota really wanted to engineer the whole thing, they would have partnered up with Yamaha for a new engine like they did for the LFA

My exact thoughts on the 86

>New Sportscar eXperimental

This will weigh 2 tons and have 15 different electronic 'assist' systems
Kill me I beg u I wanna die like fabrice muamba