Certain car companies actually RESTRICT people from buying there cars if they deem them not worthy enough

>certain car companies actually RESTRICT people from buying there cars if they deem them not worthy enough

How much more smug, pretentious and downright faggy can Europe get? How does a conversation with someone go when you want a car they make?

>customer: "hey ferrari! i am from the states and won the lottery and would be interested in giving you (insert several million dollars) for the car you produce! they are beautiful cars and i'd deeply love to own one."
>ferrari: "lmao you really think we'd let you own one of OUR machines? pssssshhhhh, get real chump, only the most special and important people are worthy of OUR cars."
>customer: "...."

Other urls found in this thread:

businesswire.com/news/home/20160512006703/en/6506-Apply-All-New-Ford-GT-Month-200000
youtube.com/watch?v=oMSDSBSjc5A
pakwheels.com/blog/corvette-z06-blows-up-after-just-6-miles/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzo_Ferrari_(automobile)
wired.com/2014/10/herjavec-ferrari-laferrari/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think it's a great policy that only butthurt normies would get mad about.

But, they don't even stick to it. Ferrari is second only to lamborghini as the go-to brand for plebs.

I've never heard of them actually turning anyone down.

>certain car companies actually RESTRICT people from buying there cars if they deem them not worthy enough
May be true, but Ferrari doesn't

>buying a brand new ferrari

no. if money isn't a barrier, you can easily get one from someone who probably didnt even put more than 5k miles on it, willing to sell it.

Italians are stuck up back stabbers. They like their miafias, mobs, or clubs with little special rules for you to get in. And no they don't want "new money" buying a Ferrari

So what? There's nothing wrong with it.

Ask Deadmau5

Especially funny considering a Vette is just as fast and less than half the price.

ferrari will sell you whatever car you want as long as it isnt a super expensive special edition one, like a LaFerrari or the new F12 tdf

yeah, just as fast to break down

You mean like Ford?
businesswire.com/news/home/20160512006703/en/6506-Apply-All-New-Ford-GT-Month-200000

Anyone can buy a Ferrari if they have the money, the only cars that are only avaialble to certain people are the crazy ones like the FXX and LaFerrari (And even then, it just means people who are fuck rich and have bought Ferraris before)

They will 100% sell ANYONE a LaFerarri or TDF, they might make you buy other cars you don't want at the same time but they will NEVER turn down money flat out

youtube.com/watch?v=oMSDSBSjc5A

pretty sure you can only buy laferrari if you own an enzo

You can't buy one directly from Ferrari, you'd have to go through a dealer with connections. You could be driving a 1990 civic and still get a LaFerrari if you know the right people and have the sufficient funds.

That would be pretty tough since they made more LaFerraris than Enzos so far. Why do people like to make up random shit about cars like this pulled from nowhere?

pakwheels.com/blog/corvette-z06-blows-up-after-just-6-miles/

nicely meme'd

>well known fact you had to have an f40 or an f50 in order to be selected to buy an enzo
>made up things

dumb tripfag

still slower than a 458

> you had to have an f40 or an f50 in order to be selected to buy an enzo
pure bullshit, you have no idea what you are talking about

you could buy the enzo without having an f40 or f50, and you could also buy a laferrari without having any other ferrari hypercar

they did this shit with the FXX too.

Once again tripfags being fucking morons.

But you can't just walk into a shop and buy one you have to fulfil certain requirements

yes, i agree, the only case that i know, the owner purchased a california to be eligible for the laferrrari

When literally all car enthusiasts want to drive a Ferrari, you get to pick and choose customers.

You are regurgitating info passed around the internet like a game of telephone. No matter how you frame your post or how upset you get about other users of the board the info is wrong.

Sure, the requirement being willing to exchange money for a car. Ferrari isn't like Honda, there aren't very many dealer allocated cars, most people who buy them order the cars. Dealerships will often "suggest" you buy one of those allocated cars to move you up a wait list for a certain car or "allow" you to buy a limited run car. Neither Ferrari or any dealership gives a single fuck if you own or used to own a car they made or sold 20 years ago, they care if they move that fully optioned 456/612/FF that Ferrari pushed on the dealer so they can check it off as a sale. Many people bought those cars then immediately sold them back to the dealership so the dealership could sell them as used cars at lower prices.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzo_Ferrari_(automobile)

>. The company sent invitations to existing customers, specifically, those who had previously bought the F40 and F50. All 349 cars were sold in this way before production began

go ahead though, keep digging your hole deeper

he is a dumb faggot, but let him be, he wrenched another's man ferrari a couple of times and now thinks he knows everything about them

A search on a Ferrari site turned showed that to buy an F50, Enzo or LaFarrari direct from Ferrari you had to fill out an application and be a preferred client. Preferred client being you own one or more of the really expensive Ferraris

>You are regurgitating info passed around the internet like a game of telephone. No matter how you frame your post or how upset you get about other users of the board the info is wrong.

And where are your sources, faggot? I'm supposed to believe an attention seeking american who spends his time on the car section of an anime imageboard over the slew of information suggesting you're talking complete bollocks? Up yours pal.

tripfag BTFO ONCE MORE

No shit, I guess I'm an expert on all of Jaguar's business models then as I engineer their parts for a living

>heartbreaker on suicide watch

>No shit, I guess I'm an expert on all of Jaguar's business models then as I engineer their parts for a living
Better be careful, if you post about one of your window switch designs someone might blow you the fuck out with a vague unsourced wikipedia quote and some samefagging

kek

tripfaggot is asshurt as fuck

>completely ignores getting btfo'd, tries to act cool
fucking faggot kek

While electrics and human interface isn't my field and my fuel tank support and heat shielding is probably my best accomplishment here at Jag, I'm far more proud of this little abomination. Gotta keep the track lads happy!

Oh and I almost forgot

>unsourced
Again where are your sources, tripfag? I haven't witnessed a single soul refute the claims plastered all over the various media but your sorry ass.

Because MUH PASSION

Italian cars are fucking garbage. No, I'm not a domesticfag or JDM faggot either. The Germans make infinitely better cars.

I don't mind this. It's a fucking Ferrari and that should mean something.

>what is enzo

why would I want to rent that ugly fucking hunk of combustible shit anyway?

The only people who buy Ferrari's and Lambos anymore are loudmouthed Persian assholes wearing Armani Exchange bullshit, and stinky, ugly Arabs with big Jewy noses.

Literally driving one of these cars hurts your chances of getting laid at this point.

White men now drive: Jags, Audis (RS7), and Aston Martins.

Fuck these sandnigger cars.

Seriously get a vette or a Porsche. At least you can drive it everyday without shit falling apart on you.

>tfw I love Ferraris and dream of owning one

ITT: autistic downies who don't understand how the burden of proof works and just spout "prove me wrong" over and over without providing credible sources to back up their claims

>no citation for your """""fact"""""
Wew

i thought this was a vette at first from the silhouette

i'm not even memeing

Ferrari won't stop anyone from buying a 488 or F12. Only offering the extreme, low-production hypercars to established customers is good business. It maintains brand loyalty and offers incentive to buy the "regular" Ferraris, as it's the gateway to hypercar ownership.

For example, Porsche gave first dibs on the 918 to established customers. Great way to reward brand loyalty. THEN when they came out with the Cayman GT4, they gave first dibs on it to people who had ordered a 918 even though the price wasn't exactly stratospheric.

It's a marketing approach that has nothing to do with social exclusivity.

>there

Stopped reading.

I'd add that this is what makes the hypercars and limited editions proper status symbols. Lots of jerkoffs save up their shekels to own fancy cars that they can't really afford to keep, and this has made driving something like a California or a Continental GT, never mind pretty much any BMW or Mercedes, a questionable call as far as status signalling. Way too many people are fronting that way.

The guy who's got an Enzo or Aventador SV, or even a lowly 5-figure GT4, however, is the guy with the juice to own and enjoy lots of rad cars and everyone in the know knows it.

Ferrari ain't shit compared to Bristol

Their former boss,Tony Crook would close the showroom when actors or other popular people he didn't like looked inside,they've denied May from buying a Bristol because Clarkson dissed on Bristols,don't really think there's a nigger owning a Bristol

Also fuck off,more companies should do this,I don't want to have people assume that I'm another cocky arab who just happened to be born on oil.

>Bristol

I don't really know much about them as i don't think they were ever sold in the States but...

>dat Chrysler LA V10

>dat ass

>DEM GULLWING DOORS

i like. I've complained that there aren't enough cars out there that use the LA V10 engine as it is a very good engine and it would be sad to see emission regulations force it out of production before it got the chance to be in some cool cars.

Why does it have flappy paddles AND an h-shifter?

And what did the tripfag provide other than hos deluded opinion and autism?

Exactly what he has to: nothing. The one who makes the claim is the one who proves their claim to be correct. Otherwise, one could make an outstanding claim such as "Jupiter is inhabited by elephants" and could not be proven wrong. By your logic, this person would be correct, because their claim was not disproven.

cost efficiency. so they didn't have to make two different wheels and steering columns. the paddles are an off and on switch for the auto blip on the downshift

just buy a used one and change the badge to derrari

watch them get really angry

the f12 TDF looks even more similar than the civilized f12

That sounds like an old wives tale

I'm sure Ferrari will sell there cars to anybody with the cash

every car company would love to be able to pick and choose their customers
ferrari aren't desperate, good for them

They were never sold in the states,and they're quite rare,approximately 12 made

Quite brutal machine

>Be owner of the La Ferrari
>Gets invitation for more unique Ferraris
>Buys them at 1 million per car (example)
>Resell them for 2 million
>1 million profit

:^)

>if money isn't a barrier buy a used car

?? :{ ??

>information in abundance all points to scenario A
>a tripfag on Veeky Forums gets mad and yells NO! You're talking shit and scenario B is correct! with no source or reason
>somehow the burden of proof is on scenario A

Nah, stay BTFO heartbreaker

What information, a misinterpreted wikipedia quote of questionable authenticity? Why don't you go make a thread on Ferrarichat asking about these fabled requirements if you really want to know.

>Ferrarichat
Oh God, can you imagine how obnoxious members of that site must be.

>user cited a Wikipedia article with no credible sources as proof for his argument
>other anons take it as fact because confirmation bias
Wew

>Ferrari is second only to lamborghini as the go-to brand for plebs

t. bus rider

are you implying that it isnt? ferraris are everywhere. if they had any kind of buyer restriction they sure aren't sticking to it.

That may be so, but it doesn't mean Ferrari is a pleb tier manufacturer.

They do it for the reputation of the company. Imagine ending up like BMW where every person thinks that the people who drive them are either shit drivers or
>muh e36 m3 drift car bro, vape and scrape!
The sheer amount of rich tards who buy expensive cars and crash them is enormous. Just look at YouTube there's hundreds of vids of guys who think they can drive but cant then go to a track and fuck up works of art on wheels. I agree with Ferrari, only people who know what the fuck they are doing should own those models they choose to restrict.

And neither is Lamborghini despite all the memes

I think it's a good policy i wouldn't want to see some fucking trash driving around in a La Ferrari

>wikipedia is the only place that suggests this

And FXX, AND LaF...
It's a business tactic. Look at what happened to the Aventador. If you see rappers and plebs buy the car, it makes the car become the image of those people. If you see something like an F1 or a LaF or something like that it makes you wonder who owns it and what they did to get it. Sounds stupid, but to millionaires and billionaires, especially old money, class and image are really the most important thing about cars.

Now that was the biggest bullshit on the planet

They blacklist you and won't invite you again if you do that. Yes, they're that bad. They even blacklisted whomever offered to lend their LaF for the battle of the trinity.

>being rich enough to own many an elite Ferrari means you are automatically a good enough driver to handle them

>How much more smug, pretentious and downright faggy can Europe get?
How is this a whole continents fault?

>I've never heard of them actually turning anyone down.

If Ferrari deemed your average wealthy person too poor/unimportant to own one of their cars there's no way that person would admit it. 99% of rich men are all about image.

>if Wikipedia disagrees with me then it doesn't count meme
I have no idea what this argument is about but you'd have to be an absolute retard to think Wikipedia is any less credible than some source written by one single fuckwit

The wikipedia article, the only "source" in the thread, didn't even say only people who bought F40s and F50s were allowed to buy an Enzo, they said they sent invitations to those people, probably because they realize that people who buy one million dollar Ferrari will likely by another. They are doing the same thing right now with the LaFerrari spider. If someone is willing to pay, they can get the car. They made 70 extra Enzos, this is confirmed in registries through the serials. They said they are only making 80 599 Apertas, they say 1/80 on a number plate on the dash, yet there are over 120 confirmed by serial number registry. If someone will pay, they will make it and sell it to them, period. If you say you want an F12 with two different colored seats and the roof chopped off they will do it, they will NEVER turn down someone offering a bunch of money. The having to own past supercars to buy the current supercar is internet folklore spread in youtube comments and jalopnik articles by people who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

This would maybe be a respectable policy but then again meatheaded niggers like Floyd Mayweather or Birdman still seem to get their hands on any car they want.

And you know what you're talking about how exactly tripfag?

> Preferred client being you own one or more of the really expensive Ferraris
literally a Ponzi scheme

>not posting more citations if they're so obviously found

Prove to me that user didn't just edit the article so it said what he wanted it to

>what is google

there is LITERALLY nobody refuting the claims but a tripfag on Veeky Forums

Prove to me that trip cuck didn't just make shit up

Not saying that OP's information is correct but a whole internet full of journalists is far more believable than an attention whore on an anonymous motoring forum

Tried google, all that came up is "some say," and "rumor has it," from people who know nothing and have 0 connection to anyone buying one of the cars, kind of like this thread. Those are the only "sources" you would even be able to come up with (of course you only vaguely alluded to them after trying to find something and coming up with nothing rather than posting a link), because, as I said, there are no magic special requirements. Will Ferrari "suggest" you buy an FF, someone else's cancelled order with lime green contrast stitching on a blue interior, or other hard to turn new car to move you up a wait list on a hot commodity car? Yes, happens all the time. Do they give a single fuck if some guy buys an F40 and an Enzo used, giving 0 dollars to Ferrari, then give him some special privilege that an actual regular customer wouldn't have? Of course not, it makes no sense for them to do that. To actually think that Ferrari cares about something other than making money aside from their race program is so far off the mark that it's comical. There's nobody sitting at a desk thinking "man, we really have to make sure only the right person buys this car," rather than that guy they have a 20 man department coming up with stories and advertising angles that bilk rich people out of money and make 20 year olds want to buy Puma shoes, such as "only the most exclusive customers are allowed the special privilege of buying this car"

Where are YOUR fucking sources? You can't argue that the opposition has no credible sources when you have zero of your own you hypocritical swine.

They sell it to anyone who can pay.
its just a meme to sound "special"
Who the fuck wants to own a ferrari nowadays anyway?

>Who the fuck wants to own a ferrari nowadays anyway?
I wouldn't say no to be honest.

Sources refuting a baseless claim? I already know how it actually works, why would I spend my time trying to dig up information on the internet that is unlikely to be shared, because it bothers me that someone wants to be wrong about something on the internet? I simply stated how it actually is, if it's too hard to accept a publicly traded car manufacturer strategically squeezes as much money out of their cars as they can through marketing and manufactured exclusivity I don't know what to tell you.

Upon further investigation, I found numerous other "requirements" for buying the LaFerrari and at least one example of a man who does not own an F40, F50, OR an Enzo: Robert Herjavec, a Croatian businessman. The article is here.
wired.com/2014/10/herjavec-ferrari-laferrari/

>he forgot to mention that the same man is purchasing a LaFerrari

Jesus fuck I meant to reply to

no one in this thread said Ferrari was bad.

no one said they were. reading comprehension is important.

You think that's bad? They sold a LF to Justin Bieber for fuck's sake

ha ha, get fucked tripfag, admit it you don't know shit