/K S P G/ shitposting general

www.reddit.com/r/kspg
2nd edition

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, KSP should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (career mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing?
The most recent update (1.1) was supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. While achieving some of these goals, the game is now more unstable than ever, with many users being unable to use the game at all. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Flying Tiger Entertainment) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U, with a release deadline that seems to keep slipping.

>Should I buy the game?
KSP is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Squad, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at /kspg/ is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Squad does not deserve your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CNo0BicRM8k
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/games/iamabadperson/
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/
spacedock.info/
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg
ksp.olex.biz/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-1
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
raceintospace.org
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ipbGsHL1oZw
reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/4vyuyi/can_we_have_a_discussion_about_where_ksp_should_be/
faa.gov/news/fact_sheets/news_story.cfm?newsId=20595
youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM
discord.gg/DXA76
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We should try moving to /trash/.

Plop edition fucking W H E N

even worse idea than moving to 8ch desu

>Trailer:

>Dev Stream:

>FAQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE

>Game site
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/games/iamabadperson/

>KSP mods
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0 (RLA probe parts, /kspg/ exclusive)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c (forum mod list)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/ (mod subforums)
spacedock.info/ (community mod repository)

>Flags
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0

>Party-approved rendezvous and docking tutorials
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg

>Some useful calculators
ksp.olex.biz/ (phase angle calculator, for planning trips to other planets)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-1 (deltaV map)

>Official forum
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

>Hotkeys for operating your craft that are never mentioned anywhere else.
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png

>Official /kspg/ fan fiction
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if

>List of IRL launches.
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

>View from the ISS:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

>Race Into Space
raceintospace.org

>Original BARIS for DOSBox scaling and filters and shit
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html

BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora, and planes are also welcome ITT.

kspg.sytes.net

NOTE: "kerbal" anywhere in the OP as well as "kspg" in the subject cause the thread to autosage. Please use [REDACTED] in place of these terms when making a new thread.

Devstream: youtube.com/watch?v=ipbGsHL1oZw

So why aren't you backwards faggots posting in our new home, r/kspg? Do you really hate the wellbeing of this general so much?

Bump test

The subtitle of the subreddit is /kspg's/ home away from home. Implying we have a home. As implied by our name "kerbal space program general" -- because we are a general here and we belong. It is our refugee lifeboat while we plot our next move.

It will be completely unmoderated save for things that get it deleted, and as much of it as possible will be sorted by controversial.

Don't be Angry

lol reddit are you fucking kidding me

>Don't be Angry
Nigger I'm fucking defending your riddet and that's what you give me? Fuck you

Extreme Diving

Jesus, what'd you guys do to this place?

No idea Miguel, run while you still can

>leaving kspg

fuckoff, we know you're not actually him, and even if you were him you're not welcome here and you know exactly what's going on

that's not really how i interpreted it but okay

More than you ever did you smug fuck

>went from page 9 to 4

???

someone just bumped it

Spicy~

>Using the Adderofnothing name again.
But why?

I didn't remember I went back to Max :v

Despite what MAN says I've always found you a charming and somewhat misblamed individual.

At worst you were an attack dog for forces bigger than yourself. If not you, someone else would've come along to push abandoning features onto the community.

We haven't done anything. It looks like Houston isn't all that happy with how we've been performing on orbit, however.

They've repeatedly cancelled launches on us.

how bout you bring the original ksp audience here and throw the billies out
please, im begging you

why would the original ksp audience come here?

they've almost certainly abandoned KSP, while not being a part of this already quite-integrated community.

I'll upvote that.

This.

Max, I've always liked you. But your job was to bear bad news. I always saw you and Adrian and Ezequiel's scapegoat.

He is a terrible dude, but he is OUR terrible dude.

Aww, thanks!

I did what I believed was right for the game and the players. I loved just about every moment of it even if half of it was me feeling like I could never make it work. I communicated decisions, gave my opinion on a few and in the end got to make sure those were properly followed through.

That's what you get for not going full ULA

Pretty sure the original audience from back in the day when I joined is still present and active. It's just that their unified voice is hard to hear due to the fanbase in general being so much larger now.

can you really be mad at my wishful thinking
i mean we have literal redditors posting here now for fucks sake

where are they active now, please tell

Forums, some peeps on Reddit. Seems to be going quieter over time though. Understandable so, no game lives forever without a constant stream of content. I'm proud I got to be part of it.

Hullo!

You know, the game you produced, and pushed to 1.0, this is that game:

reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/4vyuyi/can_we_have_a_discussion_about_where_ksp_should_be/

93%, Max.

Are you proud of 1.0?

Are you proud of declaring Sandbox "scope complete"?

Are you proud of how Bac9 was treated?

Are you proud of the console versions?

Hullo plop, how are you this fine day?

I'm playing a space game that recently left early access and has tons of bugs and not enough optimization to be considered a 1.0 release.

I'm proud of the people we reached. I'm proud of the team I worked with. I'm proud of being a small part in getting a bunch of people to care more about space. I'm proud that we even managed to get anything done as our first project when some indie dev houses fail a dozen times before they get a lukewarm hit.

I'm proud I was a part of it all, the good and the bad, the fuckups and the wins. I'm proud that Kerbal made a lot of people happy, even if it was just half an hour of rockets exploding.

Does anyone here have the comic of an autist dating a girl?

He makes autist tier jokes and then says "But it's not like I'm a serial killer or anything" or something like that during a lull in the conversation as the girl gets progressively more angry looking.

I find it unreasonably relatable.

My ac is still broken but it'll be fixed tomorrow. However, it's 95% humidity right now from the rain on top of the 85 degree temperature so I'm sweating my balls off.

How many girls play ksp

I want to know how good my chances are

I wonder what the ">tfw no qt satch gf" is up to these days

Of course this is the point at which I realise that my return stage has neither power generation nor a sizeable power supply. I'm going to have to bring the rover back with me to avoid freezing to death. Fuck me.
To make it all the better, the entirely superfluous orbital probe I brought along is attached with a separator instead of docking ports, making taking that instead a non-option. I could also send a tiny little probe with a power generator to attach to the top of the return stage (I brought generous supplies in case of a fuckup), but that seems a bit ridiculous.
/blog

Also, what the fuck happened to this general?

fuck

Hooji left a long time ago because of the antimanner shit flinging

What?

Sounds to me like you're proud of adding nothing

>tfw no pilotwings general

High energy

>doesn't answer any of the questions
at least we can confirm it's him

Care to comment on these Kesha lyrics before all the drama starts, Max?

>A promise with a lie is broken by design
>What we thought we knew
>Has been swallowed by the truth

faa.gov/news/fact_sheets/news_story.cfm?newsId=20595

>Care to comment on these Kesha lyrics
youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM

Moon's 1960s. I don't even want to hear about it unless it's europa or proxima centauri

just kidding this is awesome

Max... don't you understand? 1.0 is the paper trail that's going to lead to you being hanged from a chain for treason

Reminder a breach of the EULA still hasn't been posted

Reminder you people tried to kill the world

>this mad

>Max is an ULA shill
Just as expected!

Official /kspg/ discord server. discord.gg/DXA76

Shitpost this way. ----> --->

>what's left of the general is our usual talk
>let's go to a chat app so we don't shitpost on Veeky Forums and die
Great idea famalam

Nah

they are so silly

why is there no mid or endgame for ksp?

There is.

Uninstalling it.

"I want to shitpost not get a full time job"
- Snekfag, 2016

Where should I land this?

What emotions would you say you are feeling right now, user?

Bemusement, you memespouting nigger.

"Angry user" is one of the memes that killed this place. I hope you're proud.

Emotion: Disappointment.

>that rocket

Not really much of anything tbqh
is not me

>YuriCorp

Nice map, lazy name.

is stronk, like soviet

This seems like a good opportunity to complain about the naming system in KSP. It feels like someone said "instead of making a save dialog what if we just made it save the craft every time it has a new name? and then we'll get all these awesome dupes and shitty names!"

Thanks Squad

>he doesn't realize Angry user has been a meme since 2014
I would find it in the archives but instead why don't you go forgive yourself.

Perhaps jealousy... do you live in Russia and can't express your true love for qt boys?

>Angry user has been a meme since 2014
Usage has shot into overdrive recently.

I hear what you are saying, and I am telling you I will make a conscious effort to use it less, so that we can restore harmony.

Does this make you happy?

Context is everything catraper

Truthfully speaking it makes me confused.

The strangest thing in the world is the appearance of rational, conciliatory behaviour on an anonymous imageboard.

So... skepticism. Well, I hope you have a great evening.

Not even scepticism. It's not that I doubt you're telling the truth: It's that I'm surprised you'd say it in the first place.

Allow me to clear things up by reminding you that he's not going to change his behavior at all
He never does and never will, and he'll make up excuse after increasingly flimsier excuse in a desperate attempt to justify it

ok Angry user

Stop snek.

Congratulations! You're part of the problem..

What are you looking for?

When you post things like this... well.. people can draw their own conclusions.

Reminder all those who are willing to extend Blanket Amnesty also deserve to receive it.

>What are you looking for?
Nothing.

Don't you guys realize you're burning out your shitposts too quickly and leaving the general dead just like it wants?

Why on earth would you ever think this is a good idea?

>discord
gross

>He thinks we will burn out
>ever

Someone else has already explained to you that amnesty is to be granted to past offenses, not present and future offenses
I'm not going to repeat what they said

>burning out your shitposts too quickly
the 100 second post timer ensures critical shitpost velocity will never be reached.

from discord all sorts of fun and games can be co-ordinated because we don't need a thread.

I think we need a show of resilience at the moment is all.

Amnesty simply means loving each other and treating each other like Human beings. For instance, I've been trying to be nicer to Yuri. Though I fail at times, I am making an effort to be more inclusive.

That's what it is about. Those who carry their grudges when there is no longer a reason to... those are the ones who are poisonous to the community.

>thinks about the hypocrisy of posting this
>posts anyway because even if I'm not doing it perfectly, we must strive to improve

>when there is no longer a reason to
That's the problem, some users have made absolutely no attempt to temper their actions

SNEK

>Amnesty simply means loving each other and treating each other like Human beings.
But that's not what amnesty means
>For instance, I've been trying to be nicer to Yuri. Though I fail at times, I am making an effort to be more inclusive.
How can you fail at something like that?
Just don't hit the fucking post button, it's that simple
Not that Yuri's relevant anymore anyway
> Those who carry their grudges
It's not a grudge if you're still currently committing the same offenses that people hate you for, dipshit

>burd is from turkey
>danny2462 is form turkey

Burd is Danny confirmed

user, keep in mind you're talking to a schizophrenic who has backpedaled at every confrontation since he joined this general. Have you seen some of the things he posted in that whole 2015 fiasco? Downright crazy, not even in an ironic sense. There is no point in talking things out with him, since he himself doesn't want change. He will take this general down with him.

I know
Thanks for giving him an excuse to just say "angry" and not actually give a proper response

Actually, I followed the advice above and didn't hit post

I'm not really sure what a meaningful reply looks like, and I don't particularly want to dredge up that past at this precise moment in time... I'd be happy to continue this conversation at a later time though. Perhaps we can work some of our issues out.

How's next week, after my trip?

No, we don't need to continue this conversation
I know that you know that what you're doing is harmful
Just please stop posting, before you kill this general entirely