Good paying jobs that do not require a college degree

Preferably something that can be found in NY and has some kind of on the job training

Air traffic controller in Canada at least 200 k a year plus

Heard that job wears you out mentally

There are lots of options for people who want decent careers without going to University.

Get your CDL and become a truck driver. Don't fall for the drivers will be replaced meme. There's already a huge shortage of drivers and just about any company will hire new students for OTR. Driving is only 1 duty of the job. An autonomous truck can't do everything. Also the government won't legally allow autonomous vehicles on the road without an operator on board. Also 90% of the trucking business is owner ops and small companies. They would they buy their so called replacements? Also Freightliner already tried putting out some "autonomous" features in their new trucks and drivers hated it so they stopped. I can keep going on about how these meme blogs scare people out of a good cozy career for autists and hermits.

Go to tech school for HVAC or Plumbing. Carpentry is hobby tier these days and there isn't good job security in welding unless you're highly trained in specific things with years of experience. After so many years experience in the trade (I believe 4) you can get a contractor's licence and start your own business.

Be a RN. Only takes 2 years at a Community College.

Yeah, being responsible for the lives of a few hundred people does that

Sounds good but I think I'd end up hurting someone if I were to drive such massive vehicles. I'm currently a college student and I really don't think this is for me but I want something to do before calling it quits.

>on the job training
Pic related.

>Be a RN
If getting to work fast is all that matters, LPN would be better. It takes half the time and the courses probably stop before they get too hard.

It's not that bad at all. I feel more nervous driving my 1500 with boat hitched to the back than driving my 18 wheeler.

I figured something like that was hard to come around

Sounds good, I'll check it out.

And what's he supposed to do with 5 USD a year, friend?

You could possibly work for the city/county? It's on the job training but dirty work. Fixing water mains, dealing with sewage, shoveling snow, etc. But you get government benefits and pensions I believe. My Brother works for a city water treatment and gets decent pay and benefits. You won't find anything white collar that's on the job training and pays well, besides maybe a personal banker. But that's a woman's job and only makes like $30K a year.

That's something I was looking in to but I lack the experience these jobs ask for.

Apply anyways. Blue collar jobs say they require experience but they really don't. Just make a good impression. If you look up truck driving jobs they'll say they want 1-2 years experience but really they'll take anybody with a CDL. Not enough people are getting them these days.

Alright, thank you for the advice.

I worked as a land surveyor at an engineering company for one summer. It paid well and was not as physically demanding as a lot of trade or construction jobs. I had to haul around some gear from time to time, but it was mostly light duty work. The summer I worked was nice because there was a lot of overtime available and the weather was nice. I would guess the other seasons are not so good. Once you gain enough experience, you could get an office job where you're collecting the survey data and making maps and stuff. There were guys in their 40s there with no degrees working in the office who I know were making six figures.

i think i could pull it off. id rather be responsible than some other idiot.

In a electricians apprenticeship program with a union.
Trainees start at $13.83 an hour
Apprentices start at $18 an hour.
After 5 years of mostly on the job training and a few months of intense schooling, you get your Journeyman.
Journeymen in my area make $45 an hour after benefits and dues.
If I went to the San Francisco area, I could make upwards of $60/hour, but I'd have to live in a tent.

5 years i could have a degree tho

With student loan debt and doubtfully making much more than a tradesman make. College is really only worth it if you're going for something that actually requires some certifications like a CPA, lawyer, pharmacy, medicine, etc.

Lol ok man. Whatever you say

see
Plus, at the end of it, I'm only a few credit hours away from an associates in Industrial engineering. So I can go to college with minimal to no debt if I do it right
And since I work the construction trade, I'm required to save because no construction in winter.
Basic plan is this:
Do the trade
Live frugally(not buying a brand new car, not getting a ridiculously expensive condo or apartment like my cousin, shop at Aldi, etc)
Save and invest at least 10% of my income(even though I already have a retirement account set up for me by the union, I just want a backup)
Save another 10% for college and the like
Finish apprenticeship
Go to college for 2 years, working when I have time(short term contracts 3 days-2 weeks)
get degree
Become contractor
???
Retire