Buy a place with cash or get a mortgage. I have the money to buy it with cash

Buy a place with cash or get a mortgage. I have the money to buy it with cash

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_mortgage_interest_deduction
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mortgage if you can get a low rate.

If you have the cash to buy one, you have the cash to buy two and mortgage both, then take profit on the rent of one and cover your refinanced morgage of the two places.

Everyone buys on margin, especially when rates in America right now are 3.4%

>especially when rates in America right now are 3.4%

better. i just got a 15 year fixed @ 2.5%

Pay cash unless you can get better ROI from something else.
Or do half cash and half investment.
I personally would like something already paid off.

Rent it. Money goes into $VOO

Retards in this thread. Pay cash.

>Retards in this thread. Pay cash.

But you're the retard

He can get a better ROI doing something else with the money.

That money most certainly will not earn him 7-8% p/a long-term

>renting out a house
>making a profit

Pick 1. Renting out houses have a low return on investment. You should buy an apartment complex or commercial building if you want to invest in real estate.

Except if he can buy one in cash then he could get 5 mortgages

Lets say he takes the time for due dilligence and gets in @ 80% value

Cash flowing each unit at the start and the tentnats paying off the note

Personally id go with a mobile home park but lots more moving parts with multifamilies and SFR's in the right area is a pretty safe bet for appreciation vs all your eggs in one basket on an apartment complex if the neighborhood goes south

lol
>VOO about to dip 20% over next 6 months
>Put 6 figures into VOO
gl m8

>>VOO about to dip 20% over next 6 months

[citation needed]

I've been hearing this for so long i've lost track

My Dad's Sister's Husband owns a trailer park actually. It's for ages 60 and over and only allows trailers 20 years or newer. Has about 130 lots with $300/month lot rent each. Makes a good investment. That's a rare case though. Most trailer parks are full of spics niggers and white trash, pest problems everywhere, people always late on lot rent, trashy trailers, etc.

screencap it boyo. I'll be here in 6 months

>dads sister's husband

So your uncle inlaw

Buy 5 properties @ 20% down each, retire.

realistically, it makes money though?

Im in Australia and i had the chance to purchase a trailor park in FL come across my desk a few weeks ago. My first thought was
>Most trailer parks are full of spics niggers and white trash, pest problems everywhere, people always late on lot rent, trashy trailer

I'd imagine you could form some sort of HOA type scenario and insist on a 'grounds keeper' which would help with the look and feel of the place.

I tried to get my head around it, and see how it could be owned and managed from here, but i'd have to see one in action to really get into it..... Just funny you mentioned it.

bump

I think a dumpy little trailer parks are a good investment.if you get a crappy little trailer and charge like 250 or 300 rent it would pay for its self in 5 years of rent or less.its not uncommon to find crappy trailers for free although you still will need to pay to move it.plus the kind of people who rent trailers are people who cant really complain, cuz they need a place to live so u don't really need to fix much

If you're in the US you would qualify for the Home-Mortgage-Interest-Deduction which is a fantastic subsidy.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_mortgage_interest_deduction

Why are you coming here asking an extremely subjective 1 line question? You haven't even said what the house is for.

>unless you can get a better ROI
If you can't get a better ROI than 3 fucking percent you should just rent a condo and invest in beanie babies because you are retarded.

Op, put down enough cash to get the lowest rate, without buy downs, and invest the rest.

>You should buy an apartment complex or commercial building if you want to invest in real estate.
Or buy into a REIT and get money without all the bullshit.

you're forgetting that most ROI involves some form of risk. Paying with cash is almost 0 risk and can net a hefty ROI depending on the property. (eg. upgrade and flip, or hold and rent)

lose money paying a company to manage them, or die of ulcers from the trash rental tenants. FTFY

i was thinking cabins, like tiny houses.

>you're forgetting that most ROI involves some form of risk. Paying with cash is almost 0 risk and can net a hefty ROI depending on the property

Investing in the s&p is safer an investment than real estate and he'd make more too.

one word. leverage
"the use of a small initial investment, credit, or borrowed funds to gain a very high return in relation to one's investment, to control a much larger investment, or to reduce one's own liability for any loss.

>implying I don't already have mid-six figures in voo

Buy with cash, do you really want to be an indentured servant to the bank for the next 15 years?

Get a 75% LTV mortgage, invest the rest.

>can net a hefty ROI depending on the property

That is an argument FOR leveraging instead of paying cash you fucking autist.

Get a mortgage, then pay as little as possible off and invest the rest of your cash in Ethereum.