Do you enjoy history shows or do they trigger you with their inaccuracy?

Do you enjoy history shows or do they trigger you with their inaccuracy?

i enjoy getting triggered by them

Any show or videogame which presents a culture different from modern western money worshipping is cool. I hate modern religions though because they have all succumbed to greed and globalism where everyone acts the same.

My favourite episode of Vikings is sacrifice, where they show the religion and festival

>medieval movie
>everyone is covered in dirt

I'm not autistic so I generally enjoy historical dramas.

No, I enjoy them. Im not that autistic.

But I do hate this trend you see in historical movies where they give the ancient people very modern sytles to appeal to normies. Like the guy will have a very modern, quaffed ahircut, and basically wear a sexy v-neck shirt, but they just put very obvious stiches in it to make it look "old"

its so fucking retarded. They might as well give them a cellphone made of twigs or something because its like watching the fucking flinstones

Marco Polo is fucking GOAT

mostly because they avoid and instead make everything insanely beautiful and impressive

Kublai Khan is also a great character

I feel like i know ten times less than average Veeky Forums poster and i get triggered basically every time i watch something historical. Maybe there is a connection there.

If it's a good show I can look past historical accuracies, same goes for movies or games.

Like, Braveheart and Agora are probably about as inaccurate as each other, but Agora is cinematically terrible while Braveheart is great in every regard apart from its accuracy

Just finished season

I enjoyed it and all, but Jesus they went full meme with some shit

>le first female khan
>pegging and bdsm
>we want the Vikings audience, let's copy the exact same hairstyles

They jumped the shark with season 2 though

>Agora
>story about a woman who tries to discover secrets of astronomy in a world undergoing religious revolution, and three men, each on a different side of the conflict, who are desperately in love with her

>Bravehart
>story about a brave Scotish man fighting for freedom from the evil English because they killed his family

Are you fucking twelve, or just American?

I don't care if they spray wool silver and call it chainmail, as long as they make an effort. If it is supposed to be a history setting, people watch it for the history after all.

I like Ecbert and his conspiracies though.

>le first female khan
I can stomach one character (especially a mongol because I know so little about their society)

the one-character limit was okay in vikings too but then they had to go full meme and have random fucking 120 pound women in every shield wall

>pegging and bdsm
yeah but it was the villainous arab traitor

I mean sure it's gratuitous but it's not like people only had vanilla sex until 50 years ago
How so? You mean the eastern crusaders? I don't know, sure it was ahistorical as fuck but it didn't really feel dumb otherwise. Keep in mind that this is the same show where the season 1 palace dwelling bureaucrat villain was also a kung-fu master who casually beat the shit out of the strongest soldier in his army, it's not supposed to be a historical reenactment.

Depends on how they're inaccurate. I don't mind Rome's timeline and character bullshit for example, because it's for the plot's sake.
Costume, tech lifestyle inaccuracies trigger me a lot tho.

>watching for plot

Agora was a terrible film, dude. The acting, the editing, the camerawork, the awful, cheap looking sets and costumes and lighting, it was cinematic vomit.

Also Braveheart just played fast and loose with history because it was more exciting and because filming some things accurately would've made the production process more taxing, as they say in the commentary. The director of Agora, on the other hand, deliberately lied and misrepresented history in order to further his own anti-religious agenda. It didn't need to be inaccurate for cinematic reasons, the director made it inaccurate to serve his own view of what history should have been.

Yeah I mean the eastern crusaders, there's no logistical way they'd get there without all dying out

so there is a femdom and pegging scene with a female khan? thats one of my sexual fantasies.
i have to watch this show

no
a villainous schemer falls in love with an enslaved scheming concubine and they talk about schemes while she binds him and does something to his butt

Agora had shitload of interesting characters (Herself, the slave, the old gods prince, the christian priest, the christian fanatic, the jews etc.), character development, different life stories, and changing of the whole environment. I also think the acting and camera there was great, but i can't really argument about that without going into it and taking screenshots and stuff, and since i am too lazy to do that, i'll leave it.
Braverheart had le awesome hero, le evil king and le beautiful princess. It was like watching a fairytale of good vs. evil with simplest plot possible.

To be completely honest, it is silly to compare these two, since they are just completely different genre. Braveheart is a simple movie, a fairytale for the people to enjoy at home after a long day of work, when they can switch their brain off. Agora is a complex movie, that took on the job of portraying the age of decline of a Roman empire, rise of Christianity within it, and show it on personal stories of few characters, while revolving around scientific progress.

As for the propaganda goes
>Gibson
>le evil redcoats