Whats habbening with Deutsche Bank? time to buy?

whats habbening with Deutsche Bank? time to buy?

watch info, it's about US gov

time to buy ? Might not, it will down more.

US Government asking them for 14 billion because of toxic mortgages.

Is the ticker DB? if so they still have over 2 more dollars to drop before they hit a record low

That amount will get negotiated down to around 5 billion, and the bank already has 6 billion set aside for this. Could be a good buy when it bottoms. But might take a little time to recover.

>stock at new all time low
>time to buy

And you wonder why most of Veeky Forums is broke. Natural selection, I guess.

>bank always vanish all the time, goverments don't resuce them ever

>time to buy ?
yes.

You're wrong. DB has got 5.5 billion for paying off things like this, but only 2.5 billion for this particular case.

So. They're sueing for 14 Billion. Deutsche "officially" has 5.5 Billion set aside for a case like this. But nobody wants the DB to actually go bankrupt, what might eventually happen is: US will set the bar lower, maybe even under 7Bil and DB will receive Gov. moneys. Everyone will be happy so DB can continue it's dirty deals in Russia and it's huge tax evasion.

It's fucking kill.
The risk is just too high to buy this one. Even their bail in failed. Just don't do it man. DB is going to crash and burn. Better get some popcorn.

Based on what?

Is there a Greek economic miracle around the corner?

Or is the borrow to buy bonds to make up fake economic growth house of cards going to fall taking DB and a lot of other with it.

>buying a stock in hopes of govt rescue
Yep, it will double tomorrow, surely.

>time to buy?

If you buy shares in any EU bank, you're a fucking idiot and asking to lose money.

To this point it is really just speculation on what will happen in the future.
But I see it as this:
>big bank on all time low
>invest a little amount
>if you lose, you lose your little amount
>if you win and it goes back to somewhat normal levels you score high.

So if I only have to lose a little but win big game, why not take the bet?
Let it be 1.000 eur for a little wagie like me. Fuck go down to 500 we could be aiming for +50-60% value

Go look at US bank stock prices (JPM, Citibank, et all) before and after the 2008 crisis.

Do a Google search for "deutsche bank leverage" and read some of the articles.

Do a Google search for "deutsche bank derivatives" and read some of the articles.

There are far better places to park money than a failing EU bank. You are betting on a stock with a very limited potential upside but a monstrous potential downside. The risk/reward is just not worth it.

>but a monstrous potential downside

Sorry but there is literally no place to go down for deutsche bank AG.
It either dies and kills all of the worlds economy or it goes up

If these are the only two paths, why don't you short everything you have and buy gold? Obviouls the world economy dying is the same changes as the DB going up.

really dude?

you're saying that after 2008 happened?

That sounds like an excellent plan. Invest in stocks cause it will destroy the world economy if it goes down anymore. Hell, that kind of a stock must be one hell of an investment rocket, their business model and annual profits must be glorious

>Buying bank stocks, ETFs, ETNs, or any of their securities before a crash
Looks like 2008 was too long ago for you children. Please continue the comedy.

It would be hilarious if they needed a bailout. Merkel would have to make a choice between preventing an economic meltdown, or paying for all her precious rapefugees.

At any rate, DB's exposure is pants on head retarded. Something like $67-$75 trillion. One day the shit's going to hit the fan for them. And when it does, hoo boy. Bad times for a lot of markets when they have to liquidate all their assets.

And the stock could prolly go to $1 to zero, at that point the stock owners get what there is left. Bank is taken out of stock market at that point and other measures and action is taken. Will be interesting to see what's goin to happen that is for sure

what about inverse ETFs?

I assume they are a bad idea because you can't get your money back even if you do well since the FI is fucking dead.

Is it really that high? I was reading $55T - even that is ridiculous.

Because I dont want to put all my money into the chance of the world going armageddon. It is really just speculation

This is not an investment it is speculation.
Im sorry if Im not welcome with that opinion on biz. Better buy ethercock

Problem with inverse ETFs is if the ETF sponsor goes belly up, it triggers a lengthy process where the assets held by the ETF and liquidated and distributed to shareholders.

What those assets actually are and how long the liquidation process takes could render them near worthless. Tread lightly if the inverse ETF is 1) leveraged or 2) comprised of derivatives.

A small holding in an inverse ETF I don't think is a bad thing. Personally holding a bit of SH myself.

That's what I figured....gotta get in and out pretty quick. Thanks.

>I assume they are a bad idea because you can't get your money back even if you do well since the FI is fucking dead.
All ETFs have real underlying instruments. If the bank that manages the fund dies, there's no telling how they'll distribute the assets. ETNs on the other hand are unsecured debt so kiss your money good bye.

Um maybe...

I would buy and hedge.

Actually, I'm currently invested in BAC, and not sure if I should sell yet. I still think it has more potential and I'd rather stay away from having a larger positions in banks.

Spotten the fearful investor that never beats the markets.

No guys no glory, obviously that price is so low because it reflects the fear in the market. Be greedy when others are fearful, be fearful when others are greedy.