Tfw no more comfy yellow headlights, everything is transitioning to bright obnoxious blinding white

>tfw no more comfy yellow headlights, everything is transitioning to bright obnoxious blinding white

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Best-Promotion-H7-55W-Xenon-Halogen-Bulb-Car-Auto-Headlight-Light-Lamp-Bulb-Rainbow-Blue-Yellow/32390339516.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Blue, so far. White will be later, if at all.

LEDs are pretty white now. Sure, it's not "comfy" but it looks sharp and offers better visibility at night than anything else so far.

You can literally get any color LEDs you want. Get some yellow ones you fucking autist.

Nah. Xenon is still king.

I know what you mean OP. is probably too young to remember those days.

He's also probably too young to even be posting on here.

my white af xenon headlights in my taurus are so much better than the old yellow ones in my mustang. fuck dat yellow shit, it's 2010+7-1, time to upgrade

>to young to remember those days

Oh you mean 5 years ago? Halogen bulbs still exist. And LEDs are literally superior in every way. Plus you can get them in fucking yellow.

Oh shit, I miss this.

Old american cars with mechanical voltage regulators. Driving at night, with the lights on and the wipers going and the defrost blower on high, you'd see a voltage drop at idle of like a volt and a half. Coming in to a stop sign surrounded by rain and mist illuminated by the 7" round sealed-beams, you'd watch the world shift another notch warmer on the spectrum. That intersection was like a fireside couch.

There was also the autistic fun of watching the headlight color change in time with the turn signals.

>5 years ago?

No.

>sitting at stoplight at night
>some absolute cunt pulls up behind me with his laser-tier xenon bulbs
i swear to GOD

The point isn't the color or how effective they are, Its how bright they are to other drivers. At the right angle its almost like they have their brights on

Who else /yello/ here ?
i have these and they have last me one year so fatr aliexpress.com/item/Best-Promotion-H7-55W-Xenon-Halogen-Bulb-Car-Auto-Headlight-Light-Lamp-Bulb-Rainbow-Blue-Yellow/32390339516.html

i have some kind of yellow bulbs, they were little pricier coz bough in local store, but cops dont like it as musch as I do. They are stopping me a lot because of this

That's why some vehicles have those self-tinting rear view mirrors to stop the glare and retain your vision. What I love about the town car.

Motherfucker do you think my base model with 1995 240sx has self tinting mirrors? It doesn't even have ABS

Yes.

Are you retarded?

fuck you

Nigga don't buy shit, there are proper lighting patter main LED bulbs out there, both by big brands and non shit Chinese products.

clearly you haven't driven in the snow, snow does not melt off the leds, so if you have say, leds on the back, it is snowing, you cant see any lights

Oh man, you sure showed me.

No, I was thinking 15ish years ago, probably when you were wearing diapers.

Kek

Are you trying to say that Halogen bulbs weren't used regularly 5 years ago?

There's the little knob at the rear view mirror that you can flip to make it darker. Works great in my '92 camry.

Wrong. Blue helps keep people awake and more alert

people are more likely to fall sleep with halogen

I'm going to get 3000k yellow hids since my car has projectors. Least amount of glare and cuts through fog. Feels good man

It annoys people. Why the fuck would you want to be kept awake by blinding lights on your eyes. I flash distasteful blue hid drivers often.

the worst part is that police bitch if you get dark tint

That's because you're not supposed to tint your fucking windshield. Just wear sunglasses

>LED superior in everyway

except when they die, which if you dont think can happen then youre a fucking retard.

Is there a bulb that dies in a superior fashion?

Xenon is objectively superior to LED and halogen
>never burn out/break, so never need to service them
>allow active bending lights
>look cool
>provide way better sight than halogen
>are cheaper than LED if you want the actually good matrix LED that allows you to have hazard lights on all the time

Regular LED shit is a meme, and the real stuff is S class tier expensive.

>cheaper
Wat? Has something happened while in the last few years? Xenons for my car run about $1000 a piece.

it doesn't make it darker, you flip the entire mirror with that knob and you're actually looking at your rear seats, it reduces glare because with the magic of optics you're looking at the reflection of the reflection of the reflection of the reflection of your rear windshield

>Regular LED shit is a meme, and the real stuff is S class tier expensive.

whats wrong with halogens? they cheap and pretty good.

They look shit
They provide shit illumination
They need replacing too often
They are almost worthless in heavy rain due to lack of brightness

>tfw city is transitioning to LED street lamps
>no more comfy yellow

Well get a proper car then you poorfag.

That, unlike on cars, is really shitty imo

Beautiful.

Uh yes, there are plenty of cars made 5 years ago that still have Halogen bulbs. Shit there are plenty of cars NOW that still have Halogen standard and LED as an option.

Stop being retarded.

I went blind just looking at this. I feel like most of the time it's just to look "cool" and not serve a purpose of helping anyone see better.

I fucking hate putrid LED street lights.

They literally do nothing, they don't light up shit and they ruin your night vision in ways glorious master race yellow lights don't. This causes fatigue and will literally lead directly to an increase of sleep-related crashes.

There's a fucking reason mine lights are red and fog lights are yellow, this trend towards fancy blue lights is fucking dumb

It's the difference between the yellow ass halogens and the new "blue" HID's and LED's that rape my eyes the most. If all cars had blindingly bright HID/LED light's it wouldn't be that bad.

>look shit
If you're a faggot
>shit illumination
Get good globes
>replacing too often
Nigger, good quality halogens will outlast LEDs and chink shit HIDs
>lack of brightness
The BA-BF Ford Falcon XR6/8 headlights are standard halogen and i will bet you right now my fucking car that they are in the top 1% of brightest factory headlights, and you can include as many HID/LED/whatever shit you want to include in the comparison.
The factory high beams on those cars are stronger than any sub-hella tier spotlights.

I feel like this, as well as the car light situation, is in part due to us getting used to brighter light sources since we stare at bright screens all day. Our vision is getting accustom to computer screens and cell phones and such, so the demand for brighter lights is higher.

>TFW work in a production bay/warehouse that is lit by High-Pressure sodium lights
>MFW convinced the facilities manager NOT to order metal halide or upgrade to LED.
Comfy as FUCK

I have one and its shit and sometimes doesn't do shit to xenon bulbs

Blue/white is fine when factory installed and aimed properly.

I want all people with retrofit HID sets to burn in a horrible fire in hell forever. That shit is blinding and dangerous.

What is reading comprehension?

He asked
>oh you mean 5 years ago?
and when I said I was thinking of longer than 5 years ago, hence the comment about when user was wearing diapers. Are you guys being idiots on purpose or what?

Story time on that? im interested to hear about.

>comfy yellow

meh, upgraded to 4300K and never looked back.

TBQH, it is Top Secret...
The pic is old as fuck tho.

Apparently so many kids these days are becoming myopic because they don't spend enough time outdoors. Even fairly bright interior lighting is nothing compared to daylight.

Also, so many people aren't sleeping properly because they're exposing themselves to blue light at night. Making it hard to sleep. And i believe this is why so many more people are getting alzheimers these days.

Bright light during the day and comfy orange at night is best

>tfw my lowly side street was finally cursed by the white non-comfy LED
I didn't think it'd happen so fast, I'm really going to miss it

Ya but fuck the guy in the other lane right?

I remember when the first Xenon cars appeared... That unnatural blue light against a backdrop of halogen.

The cars became angular, and I accepted it. It felt like the future.

>what are overlays

I do agree with you though, even Corollas come standard with the HID look now.

When high-pressure sodium lamps disappear, I will kill myself. They have been my friends for so much of my life, I can't live without them.

> Coming back from unlit country roads
> Night vision at its' peak
> Feels like it's day time the streets are so bright
> Roll down my window and cruise through the empty streets

Or those faggots that put projector bulbs in halogen housings because there to cheep buy proper ones. Instead of coming up to and angle and having a solid cutoff the halogen housing trows the light all over the place and blinds drivers in the oncoming lane. But these retards think that brighter=safer without understanding how projector headlights work.
I had a friend of mine make someone overshoot a corner because all he could see was his bright ass headlights, bounced off the ditch came back onto the road and side swiped him. And i had to explain this to him like i was talking to a child.

I usually wear these at night while I'm driving so the world looks like it's lit by fire. They also help cut down glare a bit.

I take them off if I'm going someplace it wouldn't be appropriate but fuck it if I'm going into a bright 7-11 or the supermarket I just keep em on

This plus limo tint makes any and all obnoxiously bright headlights more than tolerable.

i want one for in my house. is this possible?

>walk outside
>can't go to sleep for another hour
>curtains aren't made of vantablack
>can't sleep at all

>better visibility
Not for me, though. Car lights are so fucking bright these it's hard to see the road.

>driving home after long trip
>oncoming car's headlights are bright as fuck
>flash him to let him know his brights are on
>get flashed
>mfw

What, when you flip that knob, what's behind you is reflecting off the glass on the mirror instead of the shiny metal behind it.

my 2011 has Halogen bulbs, wasn't a cheap car either.

>You can literally get any color LEDs you want.
I thought this was illegal?

Also I hate how bright headlights are now

I see a lot of brand new cars with horribly aimed headlights from the factory, it's even worse when they're LED.

Semi trucks with bad HID retrofits are worse than ricers and brotrucks with bad HID's combined, nothing can escape that eye-rape. Some of our new city buses have absolutely no cutoff on their LED headlights, feels bad.

Hell, I hate how bright brake light LEDs are getting nowadays. The other night I was behind a recent year Jeep Liberty (or one of those newer POS), and I had to put my sunvisor down because the brake lights were downright blinding. The whole 10 minutes I was waiting in line the inside of my car was an eerie bright red glow.

>tfw headlight lens burns by design
What the fuck, Porsche?

Now I have to cut out the lens and retrofit projectors

That's great, try going back and reading what I said earlier. Just like the other two anons, you have misread my post.