EDFG - Earth Defense Force General

So why did you join the EDF?

>go here for weapons list, english version is in dropdown at top and button at bottom switches table to show availability by level and difficulty
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/?p=r

>EDF 4.1 is out on Steam now! Sweet playable framerates even when the entire screen is filled with enemies. If you missed the sale you're already square.
store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/410320/

Discord
discord.gg/Zf4dKwC

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/a64y36sss4671h4/Earth Defense Force Soundtracks.rar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

August 4th Patch Note

-Fixed fonts problem except for DPI 100%
-Fixed an issue with AMD Phenom II (non-SSE4.1 CPUs)
-Fixed an issue the get stuck with "Yes/No"
-Fixed an issue cannot change full screen
-Fixed an issue the get stuck with "Yes/No"
Update -Remove the region locked on coop

Why have these generals just fucking failed in the last 24 hours
You call yourselves part of the EDF? For shame. get posting faggots

What do you deem an acceptable amount of armour for the 4 classes on MP Inferno?
I usually start focussing on INF with
R: 3k
WD: 2.5k
AR: 3.5k
F: 5k

>Remove the region locked on coop
Thank god

I'll need that much to not drag down my team?
Guess I'll stick to grinding hardest for now then.

Just play the game properly on multiplayer. Just pick up nearby stuff and don't go OCD over boxes.

Since there are 4 of you, you'll gain weps/armour faster than if you played offline.

Everyone on Steam thinks that if they don't pick every single thing up they are losing the game. Autists

getting a game up and running is impossible in the asia region

either i'm getting ching chongs or poo in the loos, why can't people use english on an online game?

Nice to see all the major bugs got squashed. Removing the region lock probably helped a ton of Australians as well.

I guess antialiasing is still broken. Although I still leave it in for UI smoothing which is what it might as well be renamed to.

Anyone else having trouble with the flying drones? Be it in air rider, fencer or ranger, I'm having a real fucking hard time. Especially for mission 11.

Both for hard and hardest, I haven't tried in inferno yet.

Get yourself a ME missile launcher. The ones that fire 4 shots. They work great against flying enemies.

Eclats and Thunder Bows are super flyswatters, especially the ones with 100+m range.

And I just got the Thunder Sniper 40. Holy shit, everything fucking dies in tunnel maps.

As a Ranger, what's the best way to exterminate huge squads of hornets? I tried the MLRA-TW since its lockon box is huge and it can target 25 people at once, but I keep getting killed quick.

I tried ME4 on them, but 4 targets can't thin the horde fast enough.

The one that fires 25 shots is useless. It might fire quite a lot, but the damage is so low you'd end up doing more damage shooting with a basic rifle.
Yeah I know wing divers are having less troubles with them, but as for the other classes... it's never really easy.

Might as well add this EDF OST collection I uploaded the other day to the OPs from now on. Not a huge amount of EDF content otherwise.

mediafire.com/download/a64y36sss4671h4/Earth Defense Force Soundtracks.rar

I don't see why WD sniper lasers need 6-10x scopes, they only have 600m range.

For Fencer, the light cannons and burst cannons might be pretty good since they pierce, have minimal recoil, do good damage and fire fast.

With Ranger, I had some success with the Wideshot shotguns, since they hit in a big arc.

For Air Raiders... I dunno, frankly. Don't play them enough. I had some luck angling the Vegalta Buster Arm's Diffusion Howitzers into a big clump of enemies.

Listening to this now. The EDF Battle Hymn is hilarious.

What difficulty? I've been using the ME4 on the hornets all the way to the Queen on hard with little issue. Four doesn't sound like a lot but it does whittle them down pretty quickly. I use a sparrow shotgun if they get close.

I tried Sparrow M3 and ME4 on the hornets in 73 Hardest, but the hornets come in groups of 50 at once and the ME4 doesn't thin them out quickly enough.

Maybe I'm spoiler by WD, I dunno. The bugzappers are super effective.

Anyone figured out how to fix the FoV yet?

If they're that thick maybe a napalm or cascade launcher would work.

I haven't done hardest. Once I finish hard I'm moving onto a new class. Speaking of which what do you guys think is the most interesting progression from class to class?

Ranger -> Wing Divers -> Air Raider -> Fender?

Wing Diver is easiest, but Ranger allows you to indulge your dakka fantasies at the price of only being able to reload 1 weapon at once.

Fencer takes some getting used to, but I'd say Air Raider is the hardest to use because it takes longer to gauge air strike distances than dashcancel/get accustomed to Fencer's sluggish weapons.

Personally I started with Air Raider and I love it. I have every weapon and around 4k armor on him now and he might not have the pure firepower of other classes but he has loadout for every situation.

Air Raider -> Ranger -> Wing Diver -> Fencer

Air Raider may be my last "new" class then. By that point I'll probably have a good enough grasp of the other classes that I might make that my exclusively multiplayer class.

A good Air Raider is everyone's friend.

Did you farm as an AR? Which weapons/vehicles do you find most useful?

Not that user, but try air striked and vegaltas.
Charon and Whale will be your best friends.

strikes*

What exactly does a Whale strike do? I know Satellite Lasers fire a guided beam, arty makes a big AoE of damage while the Charons bombard strips, but I don't know what the Whale does.

So, i just pirated the game, sorry i an a poorfag who has nothing but a toaster and i got the problem with the game crashing on the start of every mission, is there a place i can download the patch to solve the issue?

Just read the descriptions for each Whale support. Whale has a shitload of guns on hand.

Go on Steam forums and use phenom patch.

Go on Steam forums and use phenom patch.

Try ___buying the actual game, they just solved a bunch of bugs___

Believe me, i would if i could. Not proud to, but i live in Brazil and it cost R$100 or so, minimium wage is R$600

Yes pretty much all my farming has been done as an AR. What weapons and vehicles you'll use will change from map to map.

If you know there will be a lot of heavy enemies with high HP you take a railgun. If you know there will be swarm enemies you use a Vegalta of your choice. I like the blue and green Vegalta's, the red can be good situationally but it's just too damn slow but has lots of firepower. The railgun is almost always better to use than the tanks but it is slower and less maneuverable. Helicopters can also be quite good but mainly in multiplayer. If you're solo and you run out of ammo in your heli and have to land you're fucked.

The healing stations and bunkers (especially Absolute Bunker once you get it) can be extremely useful on some maps. The turrets are good but situational and it's generally better to use your first two slots for turrets if you're going to commit to it as you can set down one set of three at a time and swap them out as the other set reloads, takes 20 seconds so it's a significant wait.

While leveling up I used the Limpet guns a lot but I never use them anymore in end game, I generally will take the skytrap wire 16w. Usually you don't want enemies close enough to you to use it but it comes in handy if they do get close enough and you're not in a vehicle.

The Whale air strikes are the best imo as they're low cost and low chance of killing yourself and team mates. Whale is especially useful if you get swarmed while in a vehicle it gets destroyed. Immediately throw down the air strike marker and roll away as fast as you can. Generally if your vehicle gets swarmed and destroyed you're 100% fucked but sometimes the Whale strat will let you get away.

Why don't you have a bug waifu yet?

>One who consorts with Ravagers

> that part where O'Hara realizes flying insects come from the Queen and aren't just evolved from other giant insects

If this doesn't win a game of the year from somewhere there is no hope.

What is a good loadout for Fencer?

I found that using "Select class" works best for fencer.

>Implying fencer is bad.
>Not liking dual machine guns and one of the fastest characters in the game.
>Not wanting to smash insects with your massive hammer on your quest to valhalla.

Found out how to beat 77 - Monster Party with a Ranger.

Should i really get this game?

Yes

If you enjoy bug murder on an epic scale with your friends, then yes.

Maybe

Do you like beating the shit out of insects and robots?

I'm bored of using the same few load outs all the time for fencer. how do I best get started with air raider? i haven't touched him yet

>Attack Whale
It's an AC-130

You can always pirate it and use that smart steam emu so you can still play online