/ssbg/ - Super Smash Bros. General

>News
- Update 1.1.6 now available for download!

- 1.1.6 Balance Patch Notes:smashboards.com/threads/436806/

- 1.1.5 Balance Patch Notes:smashboards.com/threads/433162/

>Resources and Guides
pastebin.com/TD8zsDJ1

/ssbg/ has an OFFICIAL discord now made by Chronos:
discordapp.com/invite/0kMyiyd1r38A7kIF
It's open for everyone and has no moderation - If you can't get along with others use the blocking function.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jEakObltMaQ
youtube.com/results?search_query=smash 4 ryo roy
twitter.com/_RichBrown/status/715773738516656128
twitter.com/ServingSmash/status/760625709060456448
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We're over here. this thread was here first. Please dont make duplicate threads

Posting in the real thread

Post webms

wtf how

When vectoring still existed

No we're not, that thread has the wrong discord in OP and was made by chazo for attention

Are we kill

host

Up for games?

who do you play

Corrin Yoshi and Olimar

With some ganon on the side

Reminder that we are here.
This thread is a duplicate

Fuck off chazo, we won't post in your discordshill thread

You?

Diddy but I can play in an hour or so if you're still looking for games by then

>ganon tilt actually hit
Dishonest as fuck

Any big tourneys going on this weekend?

isn't super smash con coming up?

Yes

reminder that chazo has already been caught forcing multiple threads by samefagging to simulate fake discussion

Reminder that you're a shitposter who ironically shitposts about shitposting

he's right though
that's why i'm using the other thread, fuck chazo and his dickriders

wait I'm already in the right thread
fuck chazo (2)

this

Let it die

>4am
>chazo has nothing better to do than bumping a dead general
lmao

You can see chazo's strategy. Makes a thread (even if there is already another thread up) to shill his discord/tournies and then starts posting copy pasta posts on random topics to pretend that his thread is active.

Actually, this thread is a duplicate.
We're over here

Fuck man this is pathetic

>please join my private advertising discord shill thread, guys!
Get the fuck out, that's not ssbg

Reminder that chazo likes to force multiple threads to shill his shit

>non-shitposter thread
>made by chazo
baka

>these are actually real

Is perfect pivoting really necessary? I've been playing for years now and still can't do a single perfect pivot in an actual game.

>Is perfect pivoting really necessary? I've been playing for years now
Are you satisfied with your win/lose record? If yes then it's not necessary.

Qdropping is useful for more than cycling through turnips quickly. It can also be used for shield pressure. With a perfect 7 frame Qdrop, you can be +4 on shield! As long as you double jump before the zdrop input, your shield advantage can range from +1 to +4. If you zdrop before the double jump input, your advantage is greatly diminished and will be at best +0, but can be as low as -3. It is important to note that if you zdrop after the double jump input (which is preferable for maximum shield advantage), the turnip will appear behind Peach. This may not hit the opponent's shield unless you are facing backwards or spaced very close to them.

No, I'm not satisfied, but it perfecting pivoting something all high level pros do, or does it depend on the character

>deep
Perfect

Where's Brawl?

Friendly reminder

I've been told that when you get launched at a slight upwards angle (like the farthest right and left angles) you should DI up and towards the stage instead of down and towards the stage. Is this optimal or is what's shown in the image better?

Down and toward if you are launched exactly 45%. You can do up and towards if you don't think you're going to hit the top blast zone

Nice

Actually, it there is no clear cut case but that's more of a general guide.

Let it die

>LITERALLY shitposting

when is smash con

which stream?

Seconding this

Is there anything like this for other characters? What about if you get one of her turnips?

Is Ganondorf viable? I can't beat good Ganondorf players

Everyone is viable if you learn the matchup

Which character do you play? I'm sure there is something more you can do to help even the odds.

Roy

don't overextend with you neutral airs in the neutral. Let ganondorf approach you and keep shielding. But be careful of side b

Did you master autocancelling his Nair1 to start combos? Falling upair is a great tool as well for him and many other characters. You have downthrow combos to help rack up damage from shielding his approaches and can kill with UpB when at high rage yourself.

It's just that he easily breaks shields
On the other side he's destROYing me whenever he shields but I don't want to switch to projectile characters just for this MU
Who are good Roy players I can watch and learn from?

This is the most notable Roy player from Melee and Smash 4. Give him a watch: youtube.com/watch?v=jEakObltMaQ

>Wrong discord

Shut the fuck up with this, there's no official discord as even Chronos is just another narcissistic faggot.

If we talk about "official" discord, even Chazo's discord was first and is shit

Just stick here in Veeky Forums

Perhaps this can help:
youtube.com/results?search_query=smash 4 ryo roy

>Just stick here in Veeky Forums
This. No reason to go to another website to talk with the same people in the threads. Discords are an unnecessary blight.

discords are an option
chazos discord in the op is bullshit though, the official ssbg discord has no moderation and is a neutral place

Change Smash 64 for sm4sh

Sm4sh for Brawl (as it has more bullshit than 4)

Autistic fan still melee

>No moderation
>Neutral

>More banned players than Chazo's

Nice joke, and yeah is neutral because is dead as fuck.

Also, do you know where does this "no mods" thing started? Yeah, in chazo's discord.

Why are there two threads?

>discords are an option
A poor option for people in the thread. If you people prefer them, then stay in them and leave the threads alone.

>the official ssbg discord
Under whose authority are any "official"? Was there a vote taken by the people in a thread? Does that accurately represent every poster and lurker that comes here? Was a royal decree declared that made one the best one? Again, if you people insist on having discords, then keep them out of the threads and stay there to talk. No reason to have them advertised in places where they aren't needed, since this is a place of discussion after all.

Moxy tried to destroy the discord of course he gets banned
He's the only one who got banned

One fake chazo thread and the real one (here)

Stop posting in this duplicate, guys

We're here

"we" are not

why would we post in a thread made by chazo just to shill his hugbox? fuck that pedonigger

I'm glad to know the thread is indeed useful and is not just another discord general. Definitely worth to keep making threads.

why would you post in a thread made by Chronos just to shill his hugbox?

Did you look at any of the Roy videos yet? What do you think? Is there a specific problem you have besides finding it difficult to approach?

I made it, not chronos
And since his discord doesn't have moderation it's hardly "his" or else he would have banned pame long ago

>1 banned person in chronos
>compared to everyone who gets kicked, banned, and has there messages deleted in Chazos just for talking about to him

>Doesn't have moderation

>people get banned

>Chronos bragged about his discord to Chazo last time and told Moxy to join HIS discord a long time ago.

Keep sucking that cock, scrub.

Somebody post the Chronos Starter Pack to this kid.

>Chronos bragged about his discord
source? calling bullshit on this

>kid
oh wait it's moxy, why are you here again?

Ok, i'm in both discords and they are crap, somebody post a link for moxy's discord please

Fuck off. This is not smash discussion.

>>people get banned
>people
but thats plural

>Somebody post the Chronos Starter Pack to this kid.
You mean the one that Moxy comissioned pame to make and doesnt actually make Chronos look bad?

not /ssbg/ related, fuck off

Melee players go outside!
Melee players are normal!
Melee players dont have discord drama!

HOW ABOUT WE TALK ABOUT SMASH

twitter.com/_RichBrown/status/715773738516656128

Last Saturday your boyfriend got mad to Chazo here in ssbg for nothing

>Moxy invented the word "kid"

Fucking scrub

This is so satisfying to watch

Holy shit

What is it? Twitter videos don't work for me.

Mewtwo almost getting gimped by bayo's epic combos and then he's just bullying the shit out of her and finishes it with a spike

Have another one

twitter.com/ServingSmash/status/760625709060456448

Does anyone know if this works with megaman too?

Nice. I'm surprised Bayo still has stuff to work with after all those nerfs.

Maybe because it's on very low percent, no idea.

holy moly if I see one person say that fox is "obviously" the best character idk what im gonna do with myself

Who has been saying Fox is anything but a top tier? Doesn't mean he is the best but he is certainly up there.

I wish I could play for
How do I Fox like what's his bread and butter for beginners?

upthrow to upair

wrong game yah jim

Redline is this you?