/acg/ - Armored Core General: 2 threads since bump limit Regulation

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Qquxtb9f
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Regulation
What.

Instead of edition?
If it's bad I'll stop and or let thread die for new one.

No, it's cool. I just didn't know what you were going for with it.

So what do you think the canon NEXT is for Anatolia's Merc? I always figured he would pilot an Aaliyah for some reason.

GA.
Would make sense if they were his main employer during Pax Economica and Lynx War.

That or something fast and airborne considering the transition to WG.

>GA.
That could actually make sense considering he's implied to have been a Normal pilot at some point. Transitioning from Normals into a Sunshine model would be pretty easy for him.

He definitely switches out to more lightweight and aerial designs by the end of the game though in order to make the White Glint transition in FA.

>full team of four
>V I D E O G A M E S
HAPPENING

And what am i doing?

Being on the internet all fucking day.

Bump.

Nice thread.

Bump.

Bump.

What track and variations were better, Silent Line or Artificial Sky?

Bump.

You're out at the club when these guys smack your operator on the ass. What do you do?

>normals
>not even good ones
Teleport behind them and gut their ass with my MOONLIGHT. Then I'll say "nothing personnel kid", turn 360 degrees, grab my operators ass and walk away.

>implying your operators are even human

>played as Commander all the time in Chromehounds
>only got to play Operator a couple times in VD
>wasn't even very good at it
Feels bad man

What is both roles?

In Chromehounds you had several different squad roles for mech types. One was the Commander, which would have a gigantic radar dish strapped to it that uses up most of your load capacity, but it gives you radar access around your mech and around captured comms towers. You basically just chill behind the front line and play like a typical operator in an AC game, locating and tracking enemies, directing your team, etc. If you were super autistic like me, you could get so good that you start doing advanced stuff like calculating ranges for your artillery guy, or deducing what type of mech a certain enemy is simply by its speed or where it's moving to, etc. Also notable is that Chromehounds was a thing before xbox live party chat, and you could only communicate with team members when you had allied comms towers nearby you. This made the Commander even more essential since they also enabled comms if you were near them.

Operator in Verdict Day is the same thing except you don't pilot a physical unit on the battlefield and comms aren't a thing in AC. You get to do a bit more by actually scanning enemies for info and dropping recon probes, but I still think it was funner in Chromehounds.

Bump.

I cant go to the beach without you faggots killing the thread.

We were busy actually playing the Armored Core videogame
Also nice verbal shitposting Vass, would bane again

If the info of the pastebin can be trusted, his canon NEXT is probably a Aaliyah since it was a damaged NEXT that was stored in anatolia because of professor Jarnefeldt involvement in developing of the NEXT technology, and seeing how he worked for Rayleonard, is probably that the damaged NEXT was one of the first Aaliyah.

>pastebin.com/Qquxtb9f

For anyone interested.

>actually playing the game
All is forgiven then

>Vass
No today.

F

>Generatir hector, Lahire, Lancel and hogire all share names with the four French suits of jack.
>Holofernes and Judith is based off of a story involving Judith sleeping with and cutting off general Holofernes' head, hence why it's flatter.
>AALIYAH
Every time.

Huh, I was looking for other mecha stuff and accidentally stumbled onto this. I'll see if I can find anything else rare.

is that suppose to be a suit to avoid KP contamination?

Probably.

Damn imagine having to use that each time you go far from home

>pic
Is a shame we dont see the Answerer with its wings down in-game, imagine getting close to it while it opens. btw the part where the missiles are stored made me think on those blue-snake like missile on V.

Dayuuum. Two threads already?? Well, back to what I said two threads ago...what if the board game name change was because FROM and Bamco are cooking another AC game and don't want to create confusion with an unrealted release? I mean, the DS board game went well. Why the heck an AC game woudn't?

Really makes you think

Yeah, back in my shack

Sure, big guy

>Really makes you think
You mean it really makes you break it down

We can only wish for that to be true.

AC6 is coming, paradise is close, Only on PS4

I think it really makes you weight carefully in the mind

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

This is supposed to be Anjou right? I just realized how perfect that art is for a scissors guy edit.

Hey guys, is there going to be an armored core mobile game? What's the new one? I used to play AC4 a lot but now that my days have been busy I really don't have the time. If there isn't a mobile one, is there one for vita? Last I looked the last one, Verdict Day, is for PS3 so maybe remote play with Vita is possible?

I really just want to play on the go :(

There's rereleases of old AC games. I recommend you get Last Raven, it's an easy transition from AC4.

>I recommend you get Last Raven, it's an easy transition from AC4

Here's the mission. The client is Omer Science Technology.

We want you to launch an all out assault on Veeky Forums's "Armored Core General." Currently, Armored Core General is parked on page 10 of the board. This is problematic for Omer's interests in the region.

We want you to stir up the hornet's nest with a little discussion about Armored Core. Once the regulars begin posting actively, our problem will sort out itself.

That's all there is to it. We'll be waiting to here back from you.

ACCEPT MISSION?
>YES
>NO

Not him but thanks.

>red butterfly is just a remixed shining

No

What

Bump.

Still haven't play LR, but it's well know as being a total ass-ravaging game not suited for beginners, especially those who come from 4th gen. In fact it's recommended to play the games before it (Ninebreaker in PS2 and Silent Line in PSP) to get parts whose function is to act as a kind of lube.

Recommending LR to beginners is actually a dank meme in /acg/

Bump.

Does AC4 have online coop? I'm kinda moving in the opposite direction her game wise, starting with For Answer and moving on to 4 after that.

I know.
delet this

What about 4>1-MoA>LR

Bump.

Bump.

There are rereleases of AC3, Silent Line, and Last Raven on the PSP/vita. They're extremely difficult (easier on the Vita because you have two joysticks) but AC3 is the easiest. Start there.

Data transfers from 3 to SL and to LR so you can keep the parts you earn between games, which will help ease the difficulty.

Last Raven is made with the intent that you've already played AC3/SL/nexus prior.

Bad idea. 1 through MoA are still significantly different.

1st gen AC is difficult because it's clunky and visually stimulating and confusing.

But LR is hard because it requires extremely good control over the AC and lots of experience to hold your own against any of the missions.

So the two aren't really comparable in terms of difficulty. If you want to prepare for LR, play something else from the 2nd gen or 3rd gen, ideally nexus.

Not any more, as far as I know. I think there's only free battle now.

Hey guys, I need help figuring something out:

I haven't played Armored Core 1 in a while. Does anyone remember if you can skip the cutscenes in it? A friend of mine says only ninja Gaiden and a few other games from that era had skippable cinema stuff.

>phantasma isn't a secret boss in this
You hacks, it could work being an unidentifiable AF at some NG+ area. Plus could compare it to the slower moving ones as a boss.

Granted there's no nineball so, it's never to be so.

Was referring to 4era

They already pulled that back in AC2: AA. With an exception for Nineball, theres only so many times you can bring back a final boss from another game.

>not anymore
What? Why?

I don't think AC4 had coop to begin with, I remember coop was a big deal in FA because it was a new feature.

Also AC4's servers got shot down ages ago, just like ACV.

>limiting yourself with arbitrary numbers
Then giant MT. Or massive MT. Or a pulveriser.

>tfw no slow paced squad based tacticool mech games like Chromehounds
From pls

>nothing mixes the 3rd era and 4th properly
From please.

I miss playing with you faggots. Kind of.

Well, there's MAV

It sucks. But what can you do?

4 Era tried to restart the franchise with as little involvement in prior games as before. I'm pretty sure Miyazaki would have wanted total reboot. I think the only reference we got is the nine ball emblem reward in FA. Nothing else crosses over or shares anything with prior games, and it's a totally different continuity from a company that hates it's fans.

>thinking about buying VD on ps3 so I have more people to play with
>remember that all of my stuff from 360 V and VD will be gone
>all those emblems from V
Fuck I don't know if I can do it.

Why would you say they hate their fans?

La-hire

We're still there m8, no reason not to join us

>>thinking about buying VD on ps3 so I have more people to play with
>>remember that all of my stuff from 360 V and VD will be gone

Either make new ones, or bite the bullet and start copying down layer data. It's only 128 layers, so remaking a full detailed emblem should only take you about an hour. It's just boring.

It's a joke, but From doesn't really know their own fans outside of Japan. There's no outreach and most of the company doesn't speak english.

I'm pretty sure that when 4 came out, especially on a new platform with a new publisher and a company that was almost bankrupt, they wanted to totally restart the franchise and get away from the PS2 games entirely. That's probably the reason why 4 has no callbacks. Aka, "they hate their fans."

Well many companies do that, japan doesnt care much for western fans in general. Many of the stuff they made are for themselves, I doubt FROM will ever request someone like bamcom or Sony to make a survey or a Question and answer session somewhere for western fans for them.

>you want to make a knight quadruped using hector to finish card themes
Any Omer/Rosenthal quad parts? What's the general weapon set with quads in 4A? Can blades be used?

Well I meant the cool emblems from V that you get from missions and beating the game. Remaking custom emblems is piss easy.

Nah man. They still tried to make a good game. Now, if they insulted their fans directly, like with DmC or Metroid: Other M, then I could see your point. But AC4 was still a functional game.

Oh weird, I thought I was the token German VG member. Just goes to show how much I know.

Wait. Are you on Vagrant Guns?

Man, finally starting AC2. Feels good to start a mainline again. Getting used to new mechanics, receiving those mails and starting to build the story around information tidbits.

And after first gen graphics, this looks incredible. Composite cables do a hell of a job. Too bad I no longer can't upload screenshots and Webms as easy as with the other games tho.

Finally this was pretty funny

There was another German before named Helios.....sooo, you are not that special my friend

Whoops, meant component video cables.

That's not me friend, there is apparently 3 Germans here