/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/RealLibretro
twitter.com/Mathieulh/status/760775601506619392
github.com/nagadomi/waifu2x/issues/31
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_art_scaling_algorithms
board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1208
henkaku.xyz/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

help please

reddit.com/user/RealLibretro

Best series. I want to get into emulation because the PS3 re releases stutter occasionally.

Been awhile since I've seen that meme image.

ps2 emu lag
help

Enabling MTVU is the biggest boost to performance next to downclocking the EV which you probably do not want to do.

reddit

So, when playing some of dem ps1 games on the mednafen core, why is it that the PS1 intro shows a diagonal line on the screen as if there was some tearing?

When was the last time you saw a vagina?

This morning. Can you answer that question?

This is possibly one of the most hilariously non-self aware things byuu has ever posted.

me specs
gtx 650 ti boost
Intel-Core-i3-6320-Processor-4M-Cache-3_90-GHz
8rams

what emu do i use to no lag

pcsx2 is the best we got

ps2 emulation is notoriously shit, even more so than n64

>what emu do i use to no lag
A real PS2 because PS2 emulation is fucking trash

n64 runs well here
pcsx2 is lag city

All of those look exactly the same. I don't get it.

Was this posted last thread?
twitter.com/Mathieulh/status/760775601506619392
Someone's going to try to port Reicast to Vita.

Please read: Stop giving him attention, and don't get hyped. It's never going to happen.

Christ, I had no idea.

Official Turtle nudes thread?

It was 6 years ago, but I'll never forget. During the same week that the 3.55 CFW's were being released, MvC3 came out.

I updated so I could play it online, because Math had the 3.56+ keys.

Then the PSN went down for months.

I'll never forgive myself, and I'll never forget Math's lies

what's SP's beef with byuu?

legit question, what happened between them? it looks like he's been shit talking byuu and getting into arguments for the past 6 hours straight.

How does that make you feel?

Look at the colors on the green hill in the back.

>tfw playing shenmue on a 360 controller and have to use dpad
who thought this was a good idea

Yeah it was a bit wonky playing with a DS3.

It's like in those days they didn't trust the analog stick and thought it would die.

They had a nasty breakup.

byuu is just salty SP let mudlord on his forum a while back.

Oh the horror, mudlord must be devil incarnate for people to think like that.

You have to go back.

If I switched the analogue and dpad in the control settings would that cause any problems?

Are you fucking everywhere?

Nah. I could try and write a script for it, but there's always the captcha problem.

Is there some kind of a manager for pcsx2 memory cards? Or save states? My pcsx2 folder is a complete clusterfuck and I'd like ti somehow organize it.

the native bios?

You're a genius.

Is there a way to get rid of memory card filesize limits?

Make a better emulator.

Dolphin recently implemented folder memory cards, so you have infinite space and don't have to deal with shit.

SP seems more salty about byuu than byuu about SP, though. AND WHAT IS THIS KOOLAID MEME?

Yeah I know, I opted to not use it. I play a ton of PS2 games though, it would be useful here.

>I opted to not use it
Gregory is that you

Config > Memory Cards > Create
PCSX2 apparently implemented that too.

>I opted to not use it
for what purpose

lol

Why are emu devs so neurotic?

>what's SP's beef with byuu?

SP shits on every emudev who doesn't contribute to libretro

Are there any decent desktop-style frontends for RetroArch? The built-in one seems like its more designed for a HTPC or something.

Does anyone have a cheat code for toggling running in Leaf Green? You'd think it'd be an no-brainer but I can't find anything

such as?

right here senpai

don't play pokemon fag

>disc 1 downloads fast
>disc 2 downloads slow

Why is the crt-lottes-halation so perfect. ;_;
Well at least perfect enough until I get a 4k monitor and can use CRT-royal.

That's fine though, you can play disc 1 while disc 2 downloads.
Now if it was the reverse of that, that'd suck.

Can you get retroarch to not put all that text in the screenshots?

If you disable it, or take a non-gpu screenshot.

Why would that suck? Just watch a movie. Or let it download while you're eating or sleeping or whatever.

welp

Overrated game anyway

how much gb do i need for all the games??

>being proud of a blurry screen
>looking for "perfect" emulation while playing with annoying and useless on-screen display

No thanks

about 20 petabytes probably more

To play all Gameboy games you will need a Gameboy Color or a Gameboy Advance, as certain games will only play on those. You will only need one.

disgusting

Where is the setting?

The Game Boy game Legend of Zerd (not Zelda) will not play on a GBC or GBA due to GB-backcompat issues on those systems. Same for Zerd's sequel. So, you're gonna need 2 GBs (at least).

Really makes the game looks less pixelated and have more "natural" shapes.

This hurts to look at.

The curvature looks retarded. The waterfall isn't supposed to be lines.

No one said you had to use nearest, retard

What a horrible scene

the worst thing about this is that you're playing sonic the hedgehog, a game that is completely inferior to its clones, such as jazz jackrabbit

I have about 8TB taken up and I only collect US sets. I am missing a lot of PS3, I don't have any OG xbox or 360.

Do you compress your ISOs?
Do you have any Wii U or 3DS for when their emulators get good?

SP is more salty because he is the challenger to byuu's empire that byuu doesn't deserve to have

You mean other scaling algorithms like this?

Waifu2x for Retroarch when??

Are you just pretending to be retarded or are you legit?

le smooth dolphine

Hi, have you got links to the original images like the dolphin and things? Would be cool for filter development and things.

Potential Future Topics

* Screensaver Suppression
* Fullscreen Mode

Look out, byuu is closing in on banning more interesting topics from discussion on his forums

I prefer 2xBRZ, 4x is too aggressive in its search for patterns to turn into curves.

>Waifu2x for Retroarch when??
Read what lei wrote:
github.com/nagadomi/waifu2x/issues/31

I try to keep everything 1:1 as much as possible. I use filesystem compression on my NAS only. Zips tend to not play well with all emulators.

WiiU is almost complete but finding .wud (wiiu isos) is near impossible. Everything people upload is done as folders because of loadiine.

3ds is complete. I have a separate set of games I actually care about that are decrypted.

That does look a little easier to look at.

I could ask you the same question.

Got it from wikipedia article.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixel_art_scaling_algorithms

My favorite of these types of filters is scaleSFX3x

Dude that's awesome, you basically got like infinite games to choose from.

I wish my internet was good enough for that (and my hard drives)

Triggered

Whats a good handheld emulation machine to use? I got a GCW and the d pad just isn't what I'd like it to be. Feels like its sticking. And the analog is already messed up. Someone said i could open it up and solder something, but i've never been good with that stuff.

lol

board.byuu.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1208

how do I speed up retroarch by eg. 25% without the audio sounding like ass?

I tried changing ff ratio but sound becomes shit.

GPD XD

My kids appreciate it more than I do I think. I enjoy collecting but its mostly for them. The classics are still new to them. Warms the heart seeing my 4 year old having a blast playing Final Fight.

Shit gets expensive though. I buy harddrives on sale at around the $100 price point so I can get the most bang for my buck without crying because I lost a drive (drives DO die). I have each array set up as 6+2 so I can lose two drives at any given time without losing data. Nothing worse than replacing a drive (which takes all day) only to have a second drive die thus losing everything.

>Whats a good handheld emulation machine to use?
N3DS or Vita. If you want to believe the shills and buy some ugly ass Android powered device and waste your money, that's entirely up to you

What would I need to doto aetup Brave Fencer Musashi and Sega CD emulation on a Vita since I assume it would take more work that android or Linux or Dingux based systems?

On the Vita, as of right now on 3.60, you would run the HENkaku exploit which only involves you going to henkaku.xyz/ on your Vita and pressing the install button. At this point, you can install Genesis Plus GX-libretro to play Sega CD games.

As for Brave Fencer Musashi, well:

The exploit exists, it works, but it has a 5% boot rate and needs a bit more work before it can be reliably used.

99% chance that byuu added this account to his reddit block script

>ugly ass Android powered device and waste your money, that's entirely up to you
1. who cares if they're ugly
2. they are usually cheaper
3. they can emulate more things better

Hmm thanks!. Guessing Snes should be perfect at this point. How do you go about loading roms and such on this ARK? Can it be uaed to play psp isos?

All this because he refuses to accept that Brunnis's patch reduces latency.