EDFG - Earth Defense Force General

August 4th Patch Note

-Fixed fonts problem except for DPI 100%
-Fixed an issue with AMD Phenom II (non-SSE4.1 CPUs)
-Fixed an issue the get stuck with "Yes/No"
-Fixed an issue cannot change full screen
-Fixed an issue the get stuck with "Yes/No"
Update -Remove the region locked on coop

Go here for weapons list, english version is in dropdown at top and button at bottom switches table to show availability by level and difficulty
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/?p=r

EDF 4.1 is out on Steam now! Sweet playable framerates even when the entire screen is filled with enemies. If you missed the sale you're already square.
store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/410320/

Discord
discord.gg/Zf4dKwC

Soundtrack
mediafire.com/download/a64y36sss4671h4/Earth Defense Force Soundtracks.rar

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NYvdYC1zvaQ
store.steampowered.com/app/410780/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

xth for rangers lead the way

EDF

Fucking star eaters mission
>we did it! It's dead!

Goddamnit woman you kept saying that shit and I thought it was over, BUT IT WASN'T OVER.

PSA: spritefall not actually recommended for personal self defense in case of being grappled

youtube.com/watch?v=NYvdYC1zvaQ

Which missions are good for Wing Diver solo weapon farming? I still need the Gungnir and Thunder Bow XD. Right now I'm running Death Queen or Machine Squad, but I'm not sure if those are the best choices.

>XD
kys

For the guy who ripped the sound files, what did you use to rip it?

I've also been trying to rip the assets out, does anyone know what could be used to do it? I doubt there is an answer but thought I'd ask.

Can't get Monster AHK macro to work.

Sometimes it will work, then other times it just does not respond. Tried addin a slight pause between click down and click up, but all that does is let the monster shoot multiple times and drain me.

How do get armor fast? i farmed 17. Valley shit but it still takes ages even on 20 times the speed.

I beat the game! What now?

The slight pause is precisely the reason why its firing all the way. Your clickdown period must be shorter than a single shot from the Monster. If the problem is that the click is not registering, then I guess it also needs to be long enough to work but shorter than a Monster's refire rate.

Trial and error I guess.

He seems pretty safe to me, which is more than I can say with a limpet gun.

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

if you really identify as a storm team you'll do it on inferno

Yeah I'm trying more options. "Sleep 1" seems to still enable a good chance of a double shot.

"Send {Click}" seems to be to only way to guarantee a single tap, but it just outright stops working for a while random. I'm not sure why. Happens to every gun, doesn't matter if you wait a couple of seconds between shots, it's like game jsut cannot into macro, left click always works, though.

I kinda wanted to do Wing Diver this time.

Holy shit this thing is satisfying.

> 400 Armor

Sweet Volcano B10! Just got one a few missions ago.

Watch out for street lamps.

Looks like either I'm doing it wrong r the game just doesn't handle rapid-fire properly. The timings plainly do not work, my Monster-S will still triple shot every now and then with a NO delay between LButton down and up.

Maybe man was not meant to have an efficient monster sniper rifle.

Complimentary webm.
This happened again next attempt as well but with a civilian.

There's something both frustrating and satisfying about take a shot with a sniper rifle and having an NPC walk into your line of fire, thereby catapulting him into the stratosphere.

>waddle waddle turn aaand squirt
>good job team!
fucking ants, worst enemy.

These mother fuckers make the last few levels in the campaign a right bastard. Like what do I do to keep them at bay? Any good Ranger gear for them?

What is this, a picture for a-

--- Mother fucker, you TRAITOR

My favorite inferno mission for farming is Heaven's Army. I've been soloing it with Air Raider but I don't see any reason a WD couldn't do it also.

Bring your strongest sniper weapon and strongest Anti air weapon. There's 3 transport ships, I generally take out the left and right and leave the middle for extra loot and to give me time to collect said loot. There's lots of npc's on this map and they will take most of the aggro and tank for you unless you get completely overwhelmed.

If you find the mission too difficult take out the middle transport first and leave the left or right alive. It's a lot easier if you take down the middle one. If you beat it and you don't get a lot of loot don't get discouraged, sometimes it drops tons of loot and sometimes it doesn't drop all that much but overall it's a very efficient mission to farm.

How do I move fast as wing diver?

Good God I hate that fucking Blue dragon.

Any tips? Its driving me up the wall getting caught in that BS firebreath despite being no where near the SFX.

WHY IS THIS THREAD ON PAGE 10 IT'S BEEN 30 MINUTES.

The last two generals before this one have just crashed hard. Is gaem ded?

No there is just nothing to discuss

Nah. Everyone that had been recruited is playing now. Also school is starting up so everything is starting to slow down.

How did you farm it as Air Raider?

I tried it on WD, I get overrun by drones, or if I last long enough, the walking dickbot will just nuked me in one hit with splash damage.

Use railgun as your vehicle and I used double ZEXR guns. Drop your railgun immediately and go to town on the transports. As soon as two transports are down go collect the AI's so they'll follow you around.

Then just drop your ZEXR guns 3 at a time. When one set is out of ammo drop the other set while it's reloading. That way you always have 3 turrets down.

Another strategy that works as AR is to bring a healing station and airtrap wire 16w or whatever you want for the air units. Just keep the big group of AI that's following you topped off with heals and they can do most of the work.

Wait drones and walking dickbot? You sure you're doing Heaven's Army? It's Mission 82 in offline mode.

There shouldn't be any drones or walkers, the left and right transport drop dragons and middle drops bees.

I may be confus.

Thought that was the mission where you start out facing the battleship in walking mode as it pelts the fuck out of you with it's aoe rape cannon, so you hide behind the nearby hill as your NPC allies (inc. tanks) go over the hill and onto the beach to die uselessly in seconds as wave after wave of ravager airshits spawn and rape everything.

There are also ants.

That's battle to the death.

How big is this update? I'm getting an error that says I don't have enough disk space. It can't be over 4gb, can it?

Better than an endless cycle of shitposting, waifuposting, and people claiming whatever class they use is superior because they use it, I suppose.

EDF!!!

>page 9 a mere 18 minutes in

Is this general just getting fucked by some autosage shit or what the cock?

It's just not very active. Interestingly though there's still EDF threads on /v/ at least once a day that hit 300+ posts.

IF THE THREAD 404'S THE RAVAGERS WIN

How the fuck do I tell if the genocide gun is aiming at me vs somewhere else? Is there a trick for avoiding this thing? I am trying to do mission 33 and I've gotten blasted by it 3 times in a row.

Isn't it just an explosion at the base? I never hung out near it so I'm not sure.

For me its a line of lasers shooting out at an angle, at least on mission 33. Seems to blow up a different area each time, while the mothership stays stationary.

The genocide gun does not attack anywhere but a fixed area below it, the area affected is a straight rectangle. You are supposed to wait until it moves away before you clean up all the enemies, so take your time hitting the closest shield groups and the few Hectors scattered around the periphery.

Not sure if you can shoot the gun in mission 33, but I know that it can sometimes be destroyed prematurely if you have high level long range weapons.

Whats the best control scheme for helis with keyboard?

So all lobbies are now on one page, right? No more juggling Steam regions?

nope, now you can have all the mouth breathing retards around the world at the leisure of your lobby!

none helis are shit

Helis are pretty good late game. The early helis are extremely hard to control because their response and movement is very sluggish.

Helis are low aggro targets for enemies, you can be 100ft away from the enemy but if there's anything else around within 1000ft to pull their aggro they pretty much just ignore you.

Only bad thing about helis is you generally need to call in two helis before you start using one, that way when your current heli runs low on ammo you can quick swap and call in another as backup. If you're the last thing left on the map you're pulling 100% aggro from everything so if you land and don't have another heli waiting you're fucked.

>tfw you've got a great team but you end up crashing
Sorry guys.

>oh hey, /edfg/ is back
>page 10

Just bump my shit up senpai.

It just means new threads are constantly popping up and forcing slower generals down and off the board. Veeky Forums's thread limit probably needs to be increased.

STORM THREAD WONT DIE

>not mastering the art of mid-air exit, throw and reentry

Can I add some people to play with? I have a real lack of people to play with

Huh I didn't know that was possible. Will definitely try it later.

Is Javelin storm good or shit

Also what are some good Fencer melee weapons or spears to pair with a shield?

>Fixed an issue with AMD Phenom II
What issue?

That game would melt that processor

what the fuck

I have a phenom II x6 and it works fine.

Only for lower difficulty missions. The ZD version still doesn't cut it on Crimson for the harder difficulties.

Big shields go with any weapon that doesn't involve much movement such as flashing spears and slow ranged guns that aren't better off being dual wielded. Ion shields and reflectors can go with anything really, since they're for dashing and not blocking.

okay thanks for advice have a cat

Fencer fun as fuck mang

Reflectron Multilaser is fun as hell in tunnel maps. You're a walking rave.

>tunnel map
>3 of us go wing raider
>the other guy is Air Raider
>'ok you guys are liability down here so stay behind me'
>'or at least switch to useful class'
>game starts
>we fucking zip forward and clear the entire misssion without even seeing him
>he never fired a single shot

>make a thunder sniper rifle
>call it thunder sniper 40
>accidentally fuck it up so badly that it can barely damage what's directly in front of you
>but it bounces so much that it ends up being ultra deadly in tunnels, but only in tunnels
Why exactly did they put a scope on it again?

I've never actually used the TS40 outside of tunnel missions, I picked it up while farming Death Queen Infrno and kept on using it there.

How do I deal with dragons as wing diver?
M30 obliterated bees and was good enough for drones, but dragons swarm me way too fast.
Am I supposed to only stagger them with mirage spam and let other players kill them?

Actually in certain missions the trajectory of the Genocide blast changes slightly.

Doesn't happen in 4.1 as much as it did in 2017 though.

>took forever to get stringer j3
>get j9 first inferno machine squad
the touch of god

What weapon did you use to beat the level? I'm guessing that the J3 won't cut it for Inferno.

>playing air raider
>with 3 wingdivers
>they keep getting downed because they are too stupid to take out all the ant hills producing ants, spiders and wasps
>hur dur, why are we getting overwhelmed so bad??????
>guy hosting the room gets downed by one of my bombing runs because he ignores the bombing markers on his map
>he quits the mission and the session ends

the j3 worked out alright
i did hardest to check the damage and that was easy so i tried inferno and after a few noob stunlock deaths it worked out fine, just play it safe really

the ai railgun tanks really clean up shop

>Trying to do any mission in Inferno that has large amounts of dragons
>especially ones where it's just a big open field with zero hard cover

But y'know, every thread there's like 5 people going
"OMFG NOOBS EVERY INFERNO ROOM IS FARMING TRASH"

Mission Pack 1 is coming to PC next monday

store.steampowered.com/app/410780/

Why are Depth Crawlers so cheap with so little armor? Vehicles costing ~3000 are deployable at the start of a mission, why couldn't they make Crawlers more expensive but also less fragile?

So does EDF 4.1 have ALL the same missions as 2025?

git gud

4.1 has only 4 new missions (which all feature Erginus or Godzilla)

Majority of the missions from 2025 though have had changes done to them in one way or another.

Enemy placements are different, enemy count is way higher, friendly vehicles participate in battle (no AI helis or vegaltas though) and different maps/spawns on map.

Please tell me that this was a slight sync issue. Hectors really cant move in stopped time right?

how many mission packs are there? 26 missions for just the first one sounds awesome

I think they wanted to make the Depth Crawler fulfill a unique niche even on topside missions. Aside from being the only worthwhile underground vehicle, maybe it was also intended to be seen as a cheaper alternative to most vehicles; a vehicle that is a cheap gamble and could be quickly replaced after a few kills.

THunder Bow can hit a big area out to 600m out. For better results, try to get yourself in a chokepoint, like with buildings. The fire breath might kill you too soon though.

2 mission packs, mission pack 2 has 23 missions.

Are they worth buying? in sense of farming? Do they give new weapons or just missions?

Just missions, no new weapons.

To me they are worth buying just for the challenge.
If you think some base game missions are hard, the DLC missions will push your shit in

Is there some guide that says which weapon levels drop from the DLC missions?

Problem is that it is actually a lot more powerful than the cost is in exchange for exploding really quick if just one thing doesn't go your way. Some of the later models can really keep those bugs at bay even above ground.

Well, the most common thing to go wrong is walking over any slightly uneven surface, causing the thing to flail around wildly and making it impossible to aim at anything without stopping. And that's a REALLY common problem that might make that 1000 point advantage totally moot. Hell its really finicky in the developed tunnels already, only becoming stable once it enters the ant-made halls.

You keep moving, go into tight areas where they will start hanging off the buildings, then swing back and clear them out with a rapier. Thunder bows do work when they are flying in the open skies but I find that dragons have so little health that its better to use a laser since you will waste less energy per kill.

Check the wiki in the OP.

It doesn't have DLC missions.

It does, just not the exact page linked

oh ok

I might be a retard, but I can't find that info anywhere in the site.

The site says it's powered by the EDF wiki, which is all in JP, unfortunately.

Here is the resource, where you can look up enemy health on particular difficulties/mission/online scaling, as well as weapon drops.

Use translate, it's not too hard to figure out some engrish