/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

FIGMA CONFIRMED, BUYFAGS UNITE

Previous dream: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Doll is CUTE!

Second for PURGE VILEBLOOD FILTH

BSB is cute

CUTE

Looks like Wojak

Is he the most lawful good, altruistic and all around nicest NPC in a From game to date?
He is a shining light in a bleak world.

He's not even close to The Saint

Shitting Christ that thing looks worse than I'd thought

The fuck is going on with those tusks?

That's not how you say Djura

>heh you're good, nothing personal, but your time is up
He's a chaingun furfag anyway, djura a shit.

Djura:
>shoots you with a gatling gun
>insults you
Chapel samaritan:
>never shoots you with a gatling gun
>wants to be your friend

Doll
>loves you and cares about you
>you are her whole world
>is secretely a Great One

>literally no emotions
>made by an old waifufag
>"used" by several hunters

>The fuck is going on with those tusks?

It's got three sets with the longest rooted closer to the center of the mouth in-between the other two from what I can see

I-is doll a roastie? Maria > Doll

No, she doesn't even have skin, it's all porcelain

Looks like a Japanese Oni with the funky long tusks

Looks fucking freaky, I never appreciated BSB's design much, flayed skin aside. I think the face is far worse, like how Paarl has that horrible humanoid skull face, or Abhorrent's weird grin.

I'm the exact opposite. Skull-faced monsters are always the most endearing to me for some reason, BSB's little elf ears make it even more so.

I'm still pretty astonished the artists actually took the time to model them since hardly anyone would see them. Makes him look a bit like Nosferatu or some other traditional vampire.

Best Enemy Design

Worst Enemy Design

Best design: Paarl

Worst design: lycanthropes (they're just so boring compared to everything else)

>Best Enemy Design
Crawler, Labyrinth Madman, AWAY AWAY with the torch.

>Worst Enemy Design
Keeper of the Old Lords.
He needs to fuck off to Dark Souls.

Best: Paarl, the Sages, and the Cleric Beast.

Worst: Giant spiders, the Watchers, and those dungeon skelemen/zombies.

I love the spiders, especially the ones with human heads.
Watchers are boring except for the naked ones, because the way they move is extremely creepy.

What should i level next? i on plan on going to level 115 or 116

Doll is my waifu

50 vit, 18 str for Whirligig, Ludwig's and Kirk.

>best
Brainsuckers, werewolves, HMPH

>worst
everything in Yahar'gul post-Rom for generic corpse-pile design, plus for consistent themeing though

The werewolfs could have been better i don't really like them in Bloodborne

50 vit, then get as much skill as you can for better visceral attacks.

Aren't those all inferior on a Arcane build?

Should i level endurance at all? i feel like i need more

Ludwig's and Kirk have the best arcane scaling with elemental gems, Whirligig with fire gems is very good against beasts.

12 is a bit too low.

I always liked them because they had weird long limbs and weren't really wolf-shaped, they looked like mutated humans forced to move on all fours unnaturally

I have 30 vit 20 end 25 str and 12 skill, what should I do?

Stop leveling end immediately

Push for 50 vit, vit isn't a meme

Next, depends what build you want. Would you rather use Strength weapons or Skill? At this point it seems like you're going for strength.

I want to use the rakuyo as my main weapon, but I heard you get it at the very end of the dlc, and I am lvl 55 at the dream yet.

45 vit is more than enough

I am using ludwigs blade +8 but I don't want it as my main weapon. I want a very fast paced weapon with a lot of damage.

The Saw Cleaver actually has pretty decent damage, especially against beasts, and is fast as hell.

The Amygdalan Arm from the DLC is medium speed but wonderful range and quite fun to use.

The Beast Claws from the Ailing Loran Chalice are very fast, but not exceptionally strong, you can get an item from a DLC boss which gives them a new moveset.

The Whirligig Saw from the DLC has the tricked L2 which trivializes many encounters due to its nearly instant stunlock.

In truth, Strength weapons aren't that fast, but they hit hard. Skill weapons can be strong, but are often faster instead of stronger. If you want to go Skill, stop leveling Strength immediately. Leave it at 25, you'll have what's know as a quality build.

Fastest Skill weapons are the Blades of Mercy, but they're sort of mid-late game weapons. You CAN get them earlier by killing Eileen the Crow at any point you meet her, but you'll miss out on gestures are a very useful item. They can deal damage quickly, but are overall pretty weak.

Gems make up a large part of damage potential, honestly.

Beasthunter Saif is the fastest in game I think.

Tell me about the rakuyo, why is it hated and not talked about here? I saw it in a video and I was like, I want that thing right fucking now.

Farming the shotgun Watcher in y592byzm for ages and only gotten two out of shapes, a triangle and radial... And both have fucking bloodtinge scaling.

kill me lads

Has a pretty heavy stereotype and is used by the biggest faggots who play the game as well as constantly perpetuating the stereotype.

B-but it looks so nice and the moveset seems so smooth! Am I a faggot if I want to use it?

Could anyone help me with Paarl NG+? Ps4

Just don't spam the spin and you won't be that big of a faggot.

>666
>616

Sure thing Double Satan, just let me boot up my Dreamcast

I promise I won't use it in pvp user. Is that good enough?

Pass?

Oh wait. Can you not summon for help when you get there through the Gaol?

You should be able to summon for Paarl, at least.

It's not letting me use the bell... Should I drop down off the edge into the area before the fight?

That worked, ringing now. I don't think a pw is needed

Yep, jump down into the little path

how much should i go for? 15 20 25?

yeah they where good at that but not good as werwolves it would be good if they were just mutated beasts

Anyone down to help at BL 31 for witch of hemwick? Pass is bbg

They're not werewolves, they're called Scourge Beasts

Why does it do the spin?

Try again?

Well, you'll only summon randoms then, not me

I don't know your BL so I just brought along my Can Do Everything co-op guy who's BL 203

Oh well then i wish people would stop calling them werewolves

Set a pass to summon me, dude

Okay, pass is iliu,

From my point of view the hunters are evil

Where you ringing?

If you believe that you're a fucking retard

Fog gate sorry I got disconnected, I'm back now

There in a jiffy, friend

Moron

Why do you believe the hunters are evil?

Arigato fammm

Djura's a huge retard because he doesn't care to acknowledge maybe the fucking monster blood we're giving people is the problem, no, it's the mean old hunters

Djura is a short sighted fool

Today I learned Witches hate fire, all because I meant to use Beast Roar instead, this is good

Glad to help!

>no, it's the mean old hunters
He never said that.

It's a reference to anikan from star wars and djura i don't think they are evil

'mean old' as in saying 'you're a mean old man'. Djura thinks hunters are the beasts killing defenseless people. He's completely deluded and can't see the bigger issue, namely because he's probably suppressing his beasthood so badly the beasts around him and his buttbuddy don't even acknowledge them as anything other than fellow beasts.

Ah I see, my bad. Not really a fan of star wars

>Djura thinks hunters are the beasts killing defenseless people
Only the ones who hunt in Old Yharnam, aka the hunt-free zone.
If you promise to leave Old Yharnam alone he incites you to keep doing your job until the end of the night.
"Hmm, it’s time you got going… You have the whole night to dream. Make the best of it"

i want to do an arcane or bloodsomething playthrough, which is most fun?
what works well with str, what with skill?

>Djura thinks hunters are the beasts killing defenseless people

Well, I mean they kind of were during the purging of Old Yharnam. Notice all those piles of burnt human corpses?

Which baffles me even more because that implies he dreamt, meaning he's been exposed to more of the background shenanigans like us, yet still holds this bizarre belief that beasts are somehow still people and that Old Yharnam isn't an accident waiting to happen.

My guess is Djura dreamt like us in some similar event and chose the wake up option, probably to do with the ashen blood plague. He still thinks of residents as people, when they haven't been people in a long time.

>Notice all those piles of burnt human corpses?

That were likely infected with ashen blood or carriers of it. Why do you think there's so many antidotes hanging around that place? And why do you think enemies inflict poison there? Old Yharnam was absolutely done for from beasts and ashen plague.

So what you're getting at is THIS TOWN IS DONE FOR.

What I'm saying is THIS TOWN'S FINISHED

Just because they were (or may have been) infected doesn't make them any less innocent people.

>an accident waiting to happen
Yharnam is already ruined. Pretty much everyone dies.

The fact that they were innocent doesn't make them any less dangerous

>infected with a contagious incurable disease that turns them into vicious monsters

It's fucked, but they're better off dead

This is also a Gothic/Cosmic horror setting with liberal amounts of tragedy for everyone. It was never going to go well for anyone.

Not that I don't agree with you, but look at the context of the world it's in. The beast scourge is the church's shame and they know it, who knows what excuses they peddle around to get out of blame, and it's why the entirety of Yharnam isn't a smoking ruin. But the ashen blood plague was clearly a very serious problem, enough to burn Old Yharnam and shut it up tight forever.

anyone?

>yet still holds this bizarre belief that beasts are somehow still people

I agree that the larger beasts are too far gone to be anything other than monsters, but the little beast patients seem different. The ones in Old Yharnam have clearly developed a society complete with religious practices and gender roles. They've even managed to rebuild parts of the city from salvaged scrap wood.

Most of the ones in the Hunter's Nightmare have been abused so much that they are completely docile.

It was carrying on as normal, occasional nights of the hunt, til Mensis went into full ascendancy mode and ruined it forever.

I'm not quite sold on the beast patients reforming. The way I see it, they killed and crucified a bloodstarved beast and the place was set up to go up in flames anyway.

What I see are people turning into beasts and what we catch are vestiges of their humanity waiting to slip away as they turn more and more into full Scourge Beasts. Those large beast patients in the green coverings are probably much further along.

As for the Hunter's Nightmare, we can't expect things to work there the way we think they should. It's an ironic hell where hunters hunt for ever and ever, there's even a bloodstarved beast in a river of blood. The whole thing is a cruel inversion probably set up or will by the Orphan. The beasts don't really attack anything, but the hunter's attack everything and are even described by Simon as slavering beasts. The beasts we see might not even be actual beasts, just things from the Nightmare to act in their place in this prison the Orphan has set up.

From what I understand, bloodtinge and skill is a good edgemaster combo because you get the reiter, chikage and evelyn. But with strength you get the bloodletter, two cannons and chaingun.

For arc, Kosm Parasite looks fun but is a bitch to gem up, apparently.

and what should i use with arc? str or skill?

Bloodtinge is not a hybrid stat, the split scaling on all the weapons is literally split between the forms, meaning that one form will benefit from bt and the other won't
Arcane can combine with strength for the hmls, wheel, and tonitrus but is otherwise going to be the sole scaling stat on your weapons.

Then you are lost

Blt/skill is shit, both blt and arc are only good in combination with str, or with nothing at all.