Drug

Do drugs open our perception to ideas or are they just another way humans destroy themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

highexistence.com/hidden-psychedelic-influence-philosophy-plato-nietzsche-psychonauts-thoughts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

depends on the drug.
>Hallucinogens
Genuinely useful for coming up with fresh ideas
>opiates and amphetamines
Simply give you a shortcut to getting the feel good chemical rushes you normally get from doing healthy, sociable human things, making you stop doing those healthy, sociable human things and instead bend all your efforts to collecting more of the drug, and ruining your life.

>opiates
Wasn't this a drug used by philosophers and politicians during the turn of the century, however?

I've done acid like 17 times. It made me more creative, sure, but I'm a bit slow now a days. Everything else I've dons, coke, amphetamines, xanax, oxycontin are all shit and do very few goods for society as a whole. Coke is the shit at the strip club though.

Needless to say I'm sober now, don't even drink soda anymore.

Yes but now a days they're much more potent and powerful and habit forming.

Drugs are degenerate. They literally degenerate your body on mind.

drugs are haram t.b.h.

What changed?

They fucking enlighten you and open your third eye.

Also, literally every fucking great philosopher used hallucinogens to gain his philosophical knowledge.

highexistence.com/hidden-psychedelic-influence-philosophy-plato-nietzsche-psychonauts-thoughts/

You're simply a fucking sheep if you haven't woken up and hit some salv yet.

went from powdered poppies with various opiates in it to being pure chemical morphine, then heroin which is more potent than morphine and less likely to make you nauseous, and now even more powerful and less nausea inducing medical opiates like dihydromorphinone are finding their way to the streets, along with shockingly powerful opiates meant for people who are in constant blinding pain and have built up legendary levels of opiate tolerance, like fentanyl.

>I've done acid like 17 times.
>It made me more creative, sure, but I'm a bit slow now a days.
>Everything else I've dons...

Pretty sure it's mostly the other things that are making you slow.

Does that make finding "traditional" opium a much larger challenge or is it virtually impossible to acquire, given the status of the drug?

I doubt regular opium would be a challenge to find

especially now that you can get black markets at your fingertips

it makes it pretty much impossible to acquire by buying it. Producers would rather take the time to turn it in to heroin, and dealers only carry the most cost effective stuff since the larger volume you're trading, the more risk you're running.
Nothing stopping you from growing opium poppies in your garden though, it's not like the average person of police officer even knows what they look like. And from there, making opium is as easy as slicing the bulbs and collecting the sap that comes out

>amphetamines
>not useful
I will fucking fight you.
Anyways, it mainly depends on how you use them.
If you use them to party and wear out your dopamine receptors like an idiot, then it's abusive.
However, if you take it at a low-dose, and actually use it to get work done, it can be pretty useful
>The famous mathematician Paul Erdos, used amphetamines frequently, to great effect.
After 1971 he also took amphetamines, despite the concern of his friends, one of whom (Ron Graham) bet him $500 that he could not stop taking the drug for a month. Erdős won the bet, but complained that during his abstinence, mathematics had been set back by a month: "Before, when I looked at a piece of blank paper my mind was filled with ideas. Now all I see is a blank piece of paper." After he won the bet, he promptly resumed his amphetamine use.

I have done quite a bit of experimenting in my days and trust me, they're absolute bullshit, all of them.

The differences of opinion...

Nigga you think I used them to study?

And when you keep using a them, after a while it becomes impossible to study with out them, as demonstrated in your post.

gimme a sec, I'll see if I can find some

Grow the plants yourself and then harvest your own opium. Not that's I've ever bought the stuff, but I imagine that buying it on the street would be quite expensive.
Growing it is as simple as buying poppy seeds from the store, sprinkling them on some soil that's prepped for poppies, and then hoping theyweren't all sterilized.
In any case it's more of a novelty nowadays. It's inefficient way of getting high on opiates: the other alkaloids in the plant are liable to make you vomit, it's wasteful and can be far too powerful for the uninitiated.

Get ready to give up tea, coffee, chocolate etc

It doesn't exist on the street
t. drug fiend

took me a minute or two to find

Would it be possible to argue that there are only a certain number of drugs capable of delivering the effective properties needed to "open one's mind," or is it all for nothing?

halucinogens won't make you Buddha, but they can "open the mind" in the way that any change of perception will

Drugs are a meme
I've done many and I'm worse off for it. Even soft drugs like weed is just a waste of time.
Don't do drugs kids I wish I listened

I havent messed around with a bunch of hard drugs, for the ones i have done, most of them were "feel good" drugs. I have taken/done marijuana, dmt, coke, oxy, 25i(worst mistake ever) and thats pretty much it. Dmt and marijuana are the most creative ones ive taken, dmt being the more philisophical thought inducing. So far, it has no noticable short term or long term effects, and because ove done other drugs I wouldnt be a worthy candidate to tell you if thats true or not. It is, however, very very thought provoking (at least for me). And left me thinking far more differently and id even go as far to say as it makes you more aware of things you wouldnt normally notice (not in the sense that you begin seeing little people out of the side of your eye)

Sorry bout the misspelling, im typing on my phone

>psychedelic

reality depends on your perspective and they are for changing your reality. they are ok if you can handle long term risks.

Sounds like he may of had attention span issues. Amphetamines are a common solution. In my poor neck of the woods lots of people self medicate with ice.