/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Stalling out edition
>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Land_Raider#Variants
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

awoo ganbatte

What's some cool shit you guys would like to see played.

There should be a god who helps you out majorly if you're under high tension but otherwise does nothing (or even does detrimental things) if you're not. It would encourage getting into dangerous situations but still being able to manage them.

So... Xom?

Good roguelikes.

I don't think tension really affects the quality of Xom's effects, just the quantity.

sounds like old xom

Competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee

Isn't that literally uskayaw

>being apart of the fighting game community
That shit is straight up a joke.

I'm not. But I like watching fighting games because of the fast paced action

True but you have a whole lot of fucking nothing that matters in between getting papa Xom delivering a can of whoop ass in high tension.

xth for tummies

Just watch Saltybet then, it's crazy MUGEN fights all day every day

>Hello, yes I would like to blogpost.
>What's the most effective pattern of blogposting I can use?
Just act like you're really bad at crawl and post images of you doing stupid things in DCSS. Guaranteed replies.

That's about ten (10) times better than just posting a boring ass ascension screen

that's xom or to a lesser extent, uskayaw

My tummie doesn't feel good

Okay, okay, how about the opposite? A god that gives great bonuses but takes them away the more tension you're put under, to the point where they have a negative effect at high tension? Some sort of perfectionist god. It'd encourage careful play.

snotling berserker

Some of Ru's sacrifices affect you in that sort of way, specifically sacrifice drink, reading, and courage.

>people actually betting tens of thousands of dollars on each round
god damn son

rods are now mixed in with misc acquirement so you can't get a near-guaranteed one from acquiring staff with no magic skills, and 2pak only gifts 1 per character

pic related
you're still a pedo

Note: Step from Time isn't all powerful

That god's the player.

Tummy isn't a pedo thing, it's a common term. Your problem is that whenever you hear it you think of a young girl's flat and nubile body for some reason, so you accuse the person saying it of being a pedo for putting those thoughts in your head. It says more about you than us honestly.

You had it all and threw it away. Next time don't SfT if you're in a bad situation, the point if the ability is to use it BEFORE you're put into a bad situation. If things seem to be going bad, don't be afraid to smash that motherfucking Step From Time button.

What about cunny?

what does step from time do exactly?

That's definitely more questionable.

It essentially causes you to leave the game for a number of turns. while you're gone enemies will wander around like usual, so if you use it while you're surrounded you'll often return to no enemies. You don't gain any HP or anything while gone though, you return just how you left.

It scales with invocation too, more invocation means more turns gone.

>ten (10)
I am glad we have this now.

You ain't seen nothing. I saw some bastards lose billions in a fight. Goddamn Dong Dong, it was, like, 90+ to 1 and the fucker pulled it through. I didn't even care that I got sent back to the mines, it was fucking amazing.

Anyways, post melee combos that can get me to fucking lair. Past then I can survive fine but goddamn is pre-lair just bad decision central for me.

>young girl's flat and nubile body
>nubile
today I learned a new word

Don't say /rlg/ never taught ya' nothin'.

I just walked in after a hiatus and don't know what DCSS looks like now, but it probably looks kinda like this:

Any class that can wear all armor slots and can teleport + something that goes with it's good aptitudes

If you want to hybridize do it later

Demon is about summoning dank memes from various cultures around the world

MuMo
MiBe/TrBe, press aa when anything with a yellow or red name appears (after getting close of course), press ab to recover at low hp (it's more effective outside of berserk, but for big reds you might need both ab and then aa)
those should get you to lair

yea we have a lot of noobs here

>mythology and folklore is just a bunch of fucking memes

>>mythology and folklore is just a bunch of fucking memes
By the actual definition of memes and not the internet definition, yes they are.

some of them are internet memes too
an user posted a pc of a slenderman in his party

Slenderman is also a type of myth or folklore. Just one which came not from cultural heritage, but from the internet.

>Healthy living does have some rewards
>near starving
I have a vitamin deficiency too.

I should be able to read up to cooking 7 today and hope I actually have the ingredients to dynamite in the lab. Then find food while at less than half speed.

so it's a meme

>Just one which came not from cultural heritage
The fucker is based off of all kinds of folklore. Ideas of wendigos and skinwalkers and that one japanese thing are heavy inspiration for the bastard.

Yes.

Are vitamins separate from health now? Why?

To nerf the bread diet I guess. Though if you are anywhere other than trapped in a lab without food you can just eat some of your hundreds of multivitamins and not care so it doesn't work very well.

So, what are the best 3 rune gods?

Trog, Okawaru

I thought those were a given and thus didn't need to be mentioned.

You asked for the best ok

How about the best, non-furious/warmaster god.

What, you guys always bitch about how it's crawl/pcb general. Nobody cares when I post about others so I figure I'd just ask.

QAZLOUD

Step is for well before the shit hits the fan and it's increasingly worse with less effective stealth. Not that you should get stealth for a "better" step (It wont be) just know that if you're loud and have zero chance of not being seen by anything on screen and you step you're probably gonna get spotted if they didn't fuck off.. Did you really expect them to be gone in such a wide open area in just one step?

Fedhas-Mushrooms kill anything and everything

Yred- animate literally everything to drown them in zombies, later kill hard targets with your bone dragon and profane servitors. Drain Life is fun if you have good invocations and are facing some shit like Vaults 5.

Kiku- like Yred but you train Necro instead of Invocations and can get a sick pain weapon

How much invocations should one train for Qazzie, Yred, and the Fed.

For Qazloud, you want all of it.

Well that's kind of stupid cause misc acq is dogshit. It's like armor acq if everything but randarts were +0 gloves when you already had the gauntlets of war.

Plus Oklob forest gives you the hugest boner.

All acquirement is dogshit, really.

except staff acq

oh wait nevermenind

The people who cry about it being "X" general are probably the people who never give a second glance to any game posted other than "X".

what do you even get from misc acquirement? I know it used to have decks but those are removed.

Is it just elemental evokers + bob/sack + rod?

This is truer than it should be. Everytime you really need something you get shit but when you just casually want something you get the best gear you could hope for.

So, DD, HO, Ds, or Fo would be best?

>ywn be viable in extended

Two sticks of dynamite failed to take out a single wall and now I'm out of soap to make more.

I think my only option is to take all the adderall and try to install the toolset bionic, then use that to create an electric jackhammer. I don't think there's any other way to get a tool with hammer quality 3, but then again I ended up grinding cooking 4 ->5 with a three hour recipe turning charcoal to lye because i didn't think you could get something with boiling 2 (a glass jar or flask has boiling 1).

An empty soda can has boiling 2.

Yred only needs like 5 if all you care about is zombies. If you want to do Drain Life/Enslave Soul shenanigans 10-15 is functional. Injury Mirror is good for 1v1 fights against baddies that you want to spend Piety to kill instead of consumables.

In my experience fedhas mushrooms work about as good at 0 invo as they do at 15, but apparently they scale or something, i dunno.

I never knew I wanted something like this in my Cataclysm world until now.

I don't even know where I'd start.

If he just ignored holy he would be OK at least. Yred or one of the evil gods should have some sort of anti-evil weapon brand just to wreck all the extended shit but then that would be considered bloat.

your what now

What's the point without practical NPCs?

>Chilly Tired Near Starving :)

>ywn be loved by your servants
WHY THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE

Merfolk works too. You literally want 20 invo coming out of lair. 27 before your third rune.

>it's just a ring that glows

I guess? With decks gone it should be a little better but still, bob/sacks apparently are at a flat 1/4 rate to be consumed and most of the situations where you'd need then you'd get btfo anyway so they last 3 turns or you die taking hits or you'd have just left anyway. Disc of storms requires a randart. Thanks Chris and even then it's in that dead zone of if you need it you shouldn't and if you don't you wont. Mirrors, if you can get them, are only worth wasting in a couple fights that you don't even need them for anyway. The elementals got reworked yet again, the stone got removed, and it's another kick in the balls.

This minus decks , plus rods, plus changes since I guess.

It does the following:
* only gifts the 4 kinds of decks not gifted by nemelex.
* reduces the weights for decks overall.
* for elemental evokables not seen before, gift them with higher
weight compared to the other evokable types.
* for evokables other than the disc of storms and lantern of
shadows, allow gifting at a lower weight even if they have been
seen before.
* gifts crystal ball of energy with chance (evocations *
max(spellcasting, invocations)) out of 27^2.

The bands are pretty fun when you try to do a max light radius run.It's a shame it doesn't have a system like Sil or brogue where being so grossly incandescent means something.

Speed of light is +4? Does it also have exaggeration brand?

>Merfolk works too
I don't have too good of luck with Mf, I can just never do enough damage with them to offset the squishiness they have. They have the best goddamn aptitudes but I just cannot make them work.

Elona snail using only martial arts

Melee build in Infra Arcana

Party time.

Get min delay with your starting trident and 20 EV before lair. Get 4-8 armour and wield a halberd/bigger berd so that you're shielded by QAZ BUCKLER with a 2H. Wear a scale mail or something.

For what though? Just an aethetically pleasing thing? I guess. Those faggots were too incredibly butthurt about vehicles so you get retarded vehicle damage spread over your rig when you hit stuff. You'll be constantly hitting everything having to ram vehicles into houses and reramming vehicles into each other/trees until t hey're smashed entirely because you're the size of a road. It's missing spiked plating on all the externals and especially the rear which will be hitting shit. If it's just for hurr hurr APC pride then you have to make sure you never get a breach and nobody opens anything cause otherwise you'll get explosives launched at you which don't care about dick. Ditto with gunfire. Plus NPC's are too retarded for it to be any good.

It'd be cool in Cata DDA, 2170 edition in multiplayer mode I guess. Big rigs are such a pain in the ass.

play a pcb ninja or spider

you get to see in the dark which is sort of like having infinite light radius

Speaking of, Did the granade ever spike the onboard welder repair cost into the stratosphere out of salt?

Because hurricane bolters motherfucker.

sounds like it's a ring of speed with the "of light" ego

Join chaos: We have free spiked plating.

fucking rip lads

Scummers get bummers. Better luck next time.

Oh it's a warhammer thing so Roleplay. Got it.

Shine on you crazy scummy mummy.

Don't scum on the floor right above your current floor, scum a floor above that. Give yourself a buffer.

>warhammer
The best warhammer thing, heavy vehicles.
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Land_Raider#Variants

Alchemists of Aule are the best. Dwarves are the best at Aule. Dwarves can become Alchemists. Therefore, Dwarves are the best. This is an objective fact.

Furyband?

>Fighting : Legendary [134]
>Saving Throw: Fair
Jesus.

>Hit points: 919/-28960
What

Please, I just want to go home!
I'm not going to question the spatial magic that allows a sea in the dungeon but what would happen if you swam out for it as an aquatic race?