/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

/lozg/ #33 - Boat build for one edition

Previous thread: >Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/dz66cm
youtube.com/watch?v=8NOabk7Lt2E
poal.me/isl8bw
youtube.com/watch?v=R_xWCJAtz3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

don't forget the tetrafroce

▲▲
▲▲

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Wind Waker is cute.
CUUUUUUTE!!

Link never saw Midna again

I will consume Daphnes the Lionboat.

But really, would you guys like to see Majora again, perhaps a Downfall or Adult Timeline Variation on its story?

>that tingle tuner

Fuck, why is he so reckless?

No. Honestly. MM is best as a standalone title.

Were there any dungeons that actually scared you?
What place/game made you the most unsettled?

only if the happy mask salesman is back

I hope that faggot that wanted the OP to be Fi killed himself.

Fucking, goddamn, City in the Sky
Every time I even think of that fucking music my spine groans

Shadow Temple OoT. Dead Hand is the stuff of nightmares.

I'd rather MM be standalone so that it can still be argued that it all happened in Link's head.
Heroes falling to insanity/misery appeals to me

Pic related.
None at all. Redeads bothered me as a kid, but mostly because they humped the back of my head.

I don't remember TP looking that bad

I loved that dungeon.

Depends on the area.

The music is pretty relaxing, what are you talking about?

The beginning of the Twilight Palace was a nightmare for me. The Hand segments when you're moving the sunstones was freaky as hell. I had to play the game on mute the first time

Fuck you.
But that's the best part

Do you actually want sequel games with the same characters reappearing or do you want only standalone games?

I don't want sequels

I need a fucking TP sequel

The most likely place for BotW is after TP, but you probably shouldn't hold your breath waiting for Midna to show up. Even if it somehow managed to be the same Link, Midna has long since died of old age.

>get TP sequel
>midna dies

Imaishi, stop posting on Veeky Forums

poal.me/dz66cm

Reminder to vote

>tfw you realize Link is best waifu

The Happy Mask Salesman was pretty much confirmed to make a return in BoTW.

I'm falling asleep

Keep this thing not dead

Midna is the best companion.

The only dungeons that truly scared me was OoT's Bottom of The Well, The Shadow Temple and The Forest Temple. And then with MM it was Ikana Canyon in general.

Nothing else in any Zelda game has come close to the creepy atmopshere present in the N64 titles. I guess SS' silent realms were unnerving thanks to the gameplay, but not truly terrifying. WW's Wind Temple was also a little uneasy due to its music and atmosphere but that's it really.

I hope BoTW has a lot of fridge-horror elements going for it, now that Aonuma claims they're taking a Metroid Prime/Dark Souls approach to the narrative by telling it through the environment and events you come across during gameplay. It's already showing a lot of promise in this regard with the starting plateau essentially being the remains of OoT's castle town.

Have some cute art, ignore that it's TP/SS Link.

I've got a nice moldorm ready to go for ya Cia. Why not just step into my office here.

Reminder that Sheik is MALE

Autism.

source?

I think he refers to this.

Aonuma made a comment on it too during E3 if I recall, or someone at Nintendo did.

>tfw no saria gf

>tfw he can finally rest after centuries

Son... You've got a way to fall.

>Hero of Twilight learns the last hidden skill
>Hero's Shade has flashbacks as he fades and thanks the Hero of Twilight

youtube.com/watch?v=8NOabk7Lt2E

I've had an idea for a while for some kind of spiritual sequel to MM about TP Link, focusing on the role of the hero's companion and featuring Navi.

What are mechanics you wish Zelda games had more or simply had at all?

What do you think makes a great dungeon?

What are fun / unfun items?

What makes a boss interesting? And what makes it boring?

What are your favorite Zelda themes (i.e. fire area, forest area, ...) and which ones do you wish would be done more or simply done at all?

Happy answering. Will look forward to read your answers.

>What are mechanics you wish Zelda games had more or simply had at all?
Majora's masks time system, but obviously without the constraint, would be really good, like a 7 day system with people doing things at certain times of the week.
Imagine an inconsequential npc visiting a relatives grave once a week, a lot of little things would add so much time and depth to the game.

Leveling up in AoL was cool. I miss it.
>What do you think makes a great dungeon?
Clever puzzles.
>What are fun / unfun items?
Hookshot is fun. Boomerangs are ass. I wish they were better.
>What makes a boss interesting? And what makes it boring?
Using a specific item to hit them is interesting. The usual "stun monster, expose his weakpoint and hit it" mechanics is getting boring.
>What are your favorite Zelda themes (i.e. fire area, forest area, ...) and which ones do you wish would be done more or simply done at all?
I like forest areas.

>mechanics
Gimme back the Beetle in BotW, I want my drone.
>great dungeon
Using a variety of items together in creative ways.
>fun
Clawshots, but with more specific grab capabilities
>unfun
Z-targeting doesn't lock your aim so you manually aim like Metroid Prime
At least there you can pretty much blind-fire
>interesting
Fun mechanics, good music, cool design
>boring
Way, way, way too much health. I'm looking at you, MM3D Twinmold.
>favorite themes
Shadow, magitek
>do more
Magitek.

>Boomerangs are ass. I wish they were better.
What about the boomerang from Phantom Hourglass? I quite liked it, probably the best Zelda boomerang I've played so far.

We're back.
Let's go on.

>Eighteenth match is Irene VS Zelda
poal.me/isl8bw

Usual disclaimer:
>I am just a normal guy making a poll on an anonymous imageboard. You can imagine I can't decide if a poll is rigged or if someone is cheating by posting the poll link in other threads/sites. I can't check such crazy variables. My borderline legal suggestion is: support your favourite girl and do it with all your strenght. Don't expect your adversaries to be 100% fair. That's it. And yes, we have already seen some cheats by this point.

Now, vote my friends, the poll closes 24 hours from NOW.

Proto-Beetle.

Just give me a proper fucking instrument again.

>What do you think makes a great dungeon?
A strong central mechanic, and having to actually think critically about what you need to do next rather than just taking the one path or interacting with the one object you have access to, which opens up another, which opens up another, which opens up another.

>What are fun / unfun items?
Non-binary utility. A good item is one where it matters how you use it, not merely that you do. They give you new abilities to explore with rather than just opening up new areas. Bad items are the heavily context-sensitive ones that are essentially just keycards by another name, like the Dominion Rod.

There is a certain level of grey here. Bombs are mostly just used to clear boulders, for instance, but that's such a natural and ubiquitous that it feels like more than that, and they also have more interesting other usages.

>What are your favorite Zelda themes (i.e. fire area, forest area, ...)
I've always thought elemental theming was kind of passe. I liked the Mario Sunshine approach where each area is one aspect of a cohesive whole, and I'd love to see a Zelda game with a similar philosophy.

Go Zelda!

I have yet to play the two ds games unfortunately. Well, I hope I'll see a better boomerang then.

More sequels please.

Why are Sheik fans so moronic even two decades later? 90% of non-SSB fanworks have her as male. I've never seen trap or reverse trap fans who are in such denial. There's literally nothing to suggest she isn't crossdressing.

I'm indifferent. As long as the game plays good, I'm ok with everything.

People hate Ilia for reasons that aren't Zelink or Linkda related? Seriously? I loved her from her first appearance. She's more appealing than several of the other NPCs like every-kid-but-Colin. I didn't even know her sidequest was optional until several months ago. It seemed obvious you would need to get her memory back. She's your best bro.

>She's more appealing than several of the other NPCs like every-kid-but-Colin
>not loving this litteral semen demon
Jokes aside, I agree. Ilia is a very likeable characters and she deserves the hero's dick. I bet it's just jelly midnafags.

I really wouldn't mind seeing another Link come across Navi honestly.
>Mechanics
MM's time based stuff. I thought it was really neat to base things down to hours and minutes.
>Dungeon
Aesthetic/Atmosphere. Some aesthetically great dungeons in the series are some of the most annoying to do or have the simplest puzzles. I think how the dungeon ultimately looks determines my enjoyment out of it. Though it doesn't hurt to also have good gameplay, layout, and a boss.
>Fun/Unfun
I like most of the items honestly. Ice arrows and Iron Boots aren't fun though. MM did the ice arrows the best where they actually froze things. Iron boots are just a pain, at least have the same walk/run speed but the added weight.
>Boss
Design and atmosphere. For instance I love the Puppet Zelda fight despite it just being tennis.
>Themes
Just depends on how its done really. I tend to like the darker (shadow temple, arbiter's grounds) and forest and ice. Forest because usually Saria's Song plays and ice because its just cozy and looks nice (slide puzzles suck ass though).

youtube.com/watch?v=R_xWCJAtz3U

I wonder what are the secrets behind Hero's Shield armor. Where did he find it? Why did he drop the hero tunic for it?

Probably didn't fit him anymore, that'd be my guess at least. No Rauru to make him a new one.

The armor itself, dunno, might be a Knight of Hyrule armor set, or a special one. Its got similarities in it, and has similarities to the Magic Armor in TP as well. Could have just been something he found, also appears he might have outgrown parts of it as well based on the midriff showing.

How would you guys feel if BotW really was a timeline convergence and the main plot of the story is visiting all these various locations from different games and various characters?

For instance, Lost Woods/Downfall, Temple of Time/Castle Ruins/Child, Lanayru Mines/Pre-Split, Windfall Island/Adult, etc.?

And then you end up crossing paths with like Fi, Saria, Midna, Linebeck, Happy Mask Salesman, Sahasrahla, etc.?

Like it was all about crossing through time and trying to rebuild Hyrule and fixing everything?

What would you think if the Hero/Green Tunic was just a reskin of this gear and was in no way better than any other gear in the game

Hyrule Warriors did and once is enough

SHEik

>reskin
It'll have it's own model and probably different stats

It won't be the best piece of clothing in the game most likely, but there's no way it'll be just a reskin

why not it's not like there was any benefit to wearing it in previous games. As good as the default gear that every single player can be expected to find sounds more than good enough.

It'll be different in design but in function it'll be the same thing

>reskin
Mad. The Hero's Clothes need their own model, dammit. That aside…
>no better than any other
That's actually cool. As long as they're high-to-mid tier lightweight armor, they'll avert Awesome, but Impractical.

>appears he might have outgrown parts of it as well
I had forgotten how huge OoT link became, what do you think his secret is?

Milk and manual labor.

ONE
WEIRD
TRICK

I wouldn't really care, I won't be using it anyways. I prefer armor far more. I used the Magic Armor in TP all the time.
Magic. Models and scaling are messed up in TP. If you properly match things up based on canon sources and stuff, and assume that TP Link is the same height as OoT Link, then you roughly have this.

Ganondorf: 7'6"
Hero's Shade: 6'4"
Midna: 6'
Zelda: 5'10"
Link: 5'8"

If you were to base it that TP Link wasn't the same height as OoT Link and then it'd be something more like this.

Ganondorf: 7'6"
Hero's Shade: 6'4"
Midna: 5'10"
Zelda: 5'8"
Link: 5'6"

I'd assume that the Hero of Time just wasn't done growing yet.

Have a wonderful day.

>Midna: 6'

>How would you guys feel if BotW really was a timeline convergence
Very very disappointed.

Don't tell me what to do.

>being shorter than 6'
>being a manlet
kek

>he thinks 6' isn't still manlet status
Top kek, how do my knees look faggot?

Thanks for the replies!

That's a nice answer, but sadly perhaps too wide for a Zelda. I do hope to see something along these lines or something similar to MM again but I'm not holding my breathe for it.

Problem with leveling up is that it adds a whole lot of new factors to take care of balancing-wise. I doubt they'll ever add anything like this again. I wouldn't mind leveling be added for things like cooking and the likes though.

>MM3D Twinmold.
Haven't played MM3D; they changed that?

> I liked the Mario Sunshine approach where each area is one aspect of a cohesive whole
Could you expand? I haven't played Mario Sunshine sadly, but I've played Mario 64 and pretty much all 2D and DS Mario if that helps.

>Aesthetic/Atmosphere
>Design and atmosphere
>Just depends on how its done really
We seem to think and feel alike. A lot of people seem to be demanding great puzzles and mechanics in their dungeon but personally, while I of course think it's important, aesthetic and atmosphere are my major soft spots.

>We seem to think and feel alike. A lot of people seem to be demanding great puzzles and mechanics in their dungeon but personally, while I of course think it's important, aesthetic and atmosphere are my major soft spots.

Same, I prefer the Temple to not be a pain in the ass like the Water Temple and constantly going into the menu for the Iron Boots outside of the 3DS version, but I do like the way it looks. Same with Great Bay, it looks fantastic, but I think the puzzles and the rest of it severely ruin the experience. I think it needs to be an all around package, but the aesthetics and atmosphere can truly save an otherwise bad dungeon.

>Could you expand?
Put simply, Sunshine's levels were built around locations rather than single-element themes, with each one reflecting an aspect of the island paradise setting. Instead of Grass World and Toy World and Lava World, you had courses for the island's harbor and a resort hotel and a native village and so on.

This is some gorgeous art.

Zelda always inspires some fun art.

Dutch as fuck, bub.

>Link's expression of shocked surprised when Saria's hand moves down and clutches his ass.

Yeah, all of the bosses sans Majora's Mask were changed. The Giant's Mask turns you into a fistfighter, and you basically punch out Twinmold, but you move really slow and it moves decently fast. You have to land 10 hits on it for it to go down, and you have to take it down 3 times to kill it.

>purple eyes
What is this

Let's go with artistic choice

+1 for child line

Something that comes to mind is the Zora area in Oracle of Ages as well as its dungeon (Jabu Jabu). It was visually pretty and had a particularly nice atmosphere... but was a fucking pain to play. First getting to the area required you to constantly swap between past and present and diving underwater and getting up to the surface and then the dungeon was probably the most frustrating 2D Zelda dungeon I've played. Sure it was "hard", but hard doesn't always equal good in my book, it just somewhat ruined the experience for me and while I loved Oracle of Ages I don't remember this particular part of the game fondly at all.

I see, thanks. I should try to find a copy of this game and play it sometime.

I see. I heard mixed feelings about MM3D (as opposed to OOT3D being wildly well received from what I could tell).