/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General

Lewd Jam Edition.

>Space Jam is over. Play games and leave feedback.
itch.io/jam/agdg-space-jam

>Next Demo Day (X)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

>Next Game Jam (Lewd -- Blueboard rules still apply)
itch.io/jam/lewd-jam-2016

If you're unable to make lewd games (mostly because you're not a sexually frustrated NEET), choose Prude Jam itch.io/jam/stealth

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta, as if that's an excuse)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/groups/agdg-audiofriends

>Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/X6fLvtzA

>Previous Jams
pastebin.com/hVhvNWLw

>Chats
discord.gg/chquY2e
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

>Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

>Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/ojtspe
gamasutra.com/blogs/BurakTezateser/20140717/220624/Dynamics_of_Steam_as_a_Sales_Platform.php
store.steampowered.com/app/225080
itch.io/jam/lewd-jam-2016
kongregate.com/games/johnnytwoshoes/the-great-sperm-race
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paxplay.spermrace&hl=en
store.steampowered.com/app/363460/
m.allfreeapk.com/spermz-sperm-racing-game,2132370/
store.steampowered.com/app/265830/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Mable's Birthday

it is the dawn of the final day

>150709536
Finally.
Can't wait for your blogposting to go away

how do i know if im depressed or just lazy

I love you user.

Are you sad, or just upset that you are shit at gamedev?

now i'm both

do you just choose not to do it or do you genuinely feel like you are incapable?

any critique on this design, /agdg/ ? aiming for a qt robot girl

Where's the boobs? Where's the heart shaped visual sensors?

G-guys! We... we can still stop lewd jam!

poal.me/ojtspe
poal.me/ojtspe
poal.me/ojtspe

I can barely tell what "Your" picture is.

Her head/face reminds me of Noodle from Gorillaz.

Nice digits, by the way.

Why do people still waste their time and three lines when #pragma once exists?

>When you want to make a sick tower defense mobile game or rpg platformer and have the skill to do so but you have no free time because of work and school

Made a new mockup. Witch will stay but shes a lower priority unit (status debuffer type).

This will most likely be a cleric/paladin type and just generally tankier basic knight

I'm practicing technical writing and was wondering if anyone wanted / needed someone to do a guide or controls page for their game or anything. I'll do it free just for personal practice and something to do on my free time.

taking a break from my own game for a bit

>150710269
And yet you have the time to waste, blogposting on /agdg/?

Finally I've added day names so it's no longer just sad "day x"

Good luck, writing guides is surprisingly difficult.

hows this look.

still concepting on our game's gods. also made our mixed drinks

Thank you for including the lewd jam in the OP

gamasutra.com/blogs/BurakTezateser/20140717/220624/Dynamics_of_Steam_as_a_Sales_Platform.php

>We wanted to make players think about the consumer society

>Whatever the reason, we couldn't make any sales.

oh man, someone who hates consumerism complains about not selling to consumers? fucking gold

>Monochroma is a physics based platformer focused on a silent narrative. A method which is rarely used in movies and almost never used in games that tells a deep story.

>We tried a brave pricing strategy. The perceived price range for puzzle platformers is between $10- 15 but we gave Monochroma a price tag of $20. We thought we had more content than other platformers so it makes sense to put a little higher price.

Are platformer devs the most deluded sacks of shit ever? No one wants to play your old, stale genre. Accept it. No one cares. If you're seriously developing a platformer with sales in mind (instead of for learning, or for fun) you may as well just go to the store right now, buy 1.5L of whiskey, and drink it in one sitting. You'll get there eventually anyway, may as well start early.

>tfw you made the OP image

I'm still looking for a coderbro to collab with for the lewd jam, preferably someone who is pretty well versed in GML

pic related is a basic mockup of what I want to do; take elements from EBA/Osu! and incorporate monstergirls +dungeon crawling.

Basically you click the girl's naughty bits until the armor breaks and her arousal meter caps out, or make their HP zero, winning the fight and rewarding you with a sexy scene/pose and loot.

Monsters defend/attack by producing prompts which have to be clicked within a window of time or else you take damage. Player skills can augment how fast the prompts appear, how much damage you deal/take, etc.

Completing dungeons gives you more loot and equipment which make fights easier, and unlock more dungeons with more monstergirls.

If you think you can handle implementing these kinds of features and have the willpower to complete jam, hit me up @southcxc on twitter or southcx on tumblr

I miss those comfy booklets and manuals.

because #pragma once is a non standard microsoft extension

edgy (in the literal sense)

It's always funny that the people who bitch about Steam ruining their games success are always hacks like this.

a game where you make food

>clickher game

Is that really all you want to do? I mean, that's completely trivial. Just make it in game maker or unity or something. It would take a couple of hours to set that up.

Because my IDE automatically generates header guards and it would be more effort to remove them and replace them with #pragma once.

Is there even a modern compiler that doesn't support it?

It's called cooking, user.

Soon user, soon. For now I just had something simple in mind
It's a small drawing so I can understand, I'll probably draw a bigger one once I get out of work
Thanks!

don't rustle his tendies user, it's not like underage/NEETs know about that arcane art

you know it's game dev general not spriteart general, right?

They were comfy, I've reworded and remade about 50 old n64 / ps2 game manuals for fun, and they've worked beautifully as resume material in the past for projects.

0-2 extend food system
3-6 hud
7-9 figure out how exactly closing out my game loop is gonna work

That doesn't sound like a very fun game. Sounds like something from newgrounds

I'm not him, but it's supposed to be a jam game, so of course it'll be as simple as possible.

>>Monochroma is a physics based platformer focused on a silent narrative. A method which is rarely used in movies and almost never used in games that tells a deep story.

Is the only progression that you get to the next monster girl? The items don't sound like they would really do anything except change damage/defense numbers. I think you should give it a little more thought and rework it.

Well shit if I knew there were gonna be lewd artbros willing to partner up I would've picked GML instead of Unity.

I just assumed they were gonna pick up GML themselves since it's pretty easy, and they'd have no need for programmers, so I said fuck it and went for memepoly.

Can you imagine how away from reality you have to be to write and believe that? And then to completely ignore why you failed?

Also, who the fuck wants to play platformers? They're so boring

I think you just need a fresh twist. Rogue legacy Magicite and terraria/starbound were fun

There's tons of fun platformers.
The problem is Braid,Limbo and the like brought in a new shitty era of 2deep platformers that lost sight of GAMEPLAY.

That and their so called "brave attempt at a pricing strategy", " we thought we were better than all other puzzle games on the market so we believe we deserve more!".

Jesus christ what sort of bubble did these people live in, it's like they were completely cut from reality for the duration of their development. (On top of having a "played games" count in single digits.)

I pity indie devs so much. Writers always knew this: you have a job, and write 1-2 hours a day, or you slut yourself with pulp fiction. Musicians are kinda the same: you don't just sit at home thinking about your symphony. You have students, manage orchestras etc. Same with artists: you do paid jobs and teach, and if that doesn't satisfy you, you can work on your masterpiece after that.

When will game makers learn this? If you want to get money for it: whore yourself out, join an already existing team, make trash for the mobile market etc. If you want to tell the story which surely wasn't already told a million times before (really, vidia fags need to learn to read other stuff from sci-fi and fantasy), then you have to do it for simply the game itself, and not for the money.

>was against Lewd Jam
>now that it's confirmed, can't help but want to make game for it
>no ideas
Pitch me lewd (but not too lewd) game ideas.

Sperm Racing, gotta go fast if you want to be born

This is some next level faggotry.

You can't complain about not getting eyeballs AFTER your game launches. You have to attract interest while you are developing and before you launch. Placing the blame on Steam to fiddle with how they place their icons is just ridiculous.

If nobody has shown an interest in your game, it might not be good and just drop it and move on to the next game idea.

>gonna make that game again for the tenth time
people still think theyre bign original somehow with that low hanging fruit

>lewd jam
what
what did i miss

>low hanging fruit
says the 30yo virgin living with mom who made muh edgy mass shooting simulator

Says the guy who literally made a rock papers scissors game

if any artist here would like to create a banner for the lewd jam page that would be really appreciated

Read the OP.
>mfw posting lewd pics will be ok as they are relevant to the theme of the jam

Honestly i'm suprised this failed.

It looks good enough for players to purchase it, even if there's barely a game behind it and the controls are broken.

>Shit controls: check
>Good graphics: check
>Shallow puzzles and mechanics: check

store.steampowered.com/app/225080

>we're gonna run the poll until after DD10
>w-wait lewd is losing, can't have that!
>lewd jam is official now

>itch.io/jam/lewd-jam-2016
>itch.io
It literally against the rules to upload lewd games there

>(really, vidia fags need to learn to read other stuff from sci-fi and fantasy)

Those genres lend themselves best to video games though, because they often provide "action" and reason for it (monsters, evil aliens) , scenes (medieval europe, other planets) and context/overall goal (evil wizard awakens, unknown aliens appeared, universe ending, etc.)

With books you can explore a different sort of narrative and scenes, but those are hard to translate into a video game where the player is supposed to be in control and have interaction with the environment, unless you just make it a cutscene/QTE simulator. (Lolita, House of Leaves, etc.)

>people working on jam games even before the theme is set
hack

The janitor is gonna freak

>draw character
>looks kinda like Pearl from Steven Universe
whelp back to the drawing board

>lewd jam
Is furry accepted?

Furry is never accepted.

kill yourselves

I might actually try to 1MA, because of the complete control, but working alone just isn't as fun.

I was actually thinking about some of those old flash games on NG, I'd like to think I could produce something higher quality than that.

As far as complexity, I've always been told to start with a very basic mechanic, then jazz it up later on.

Skills/equipment would not only manipulate stuff like raw DPS, but also how then attack prompts behave, like giving you more time to click on them, making the prompt size bigger, making it only require LMB/RMB... I've got a lot of ideas in mind, but I wanted to lay it out simple for the sake of the thread.

If you know your shit in Unity I'm still down to collab, I just prefer gml so I can start learning and be involved in to coding process instead of looking at it like voodoo magic.

brothers had the shit controls as its gimmick though.

kongregate.com/games/johnnytwoshoes/the-great-sperm-race
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paxplay.spermrace&hl=en
store.steampowered.com/app/363460/
m.allfreeapk.com/spermz-sperm-racing-game,2132370/

4 identical games on the first page of a google search is unoriginal, you cannot say the same about anything ive ever done

That's not Monochroma bro.

store.steampowered.com/app/265830/

>already on 50% sale

Top cuck

You literally reskinned RPS and HoC.

never

yeah I've been preparing for the jam since last year

then whats the point of this?

this lmao

What's GameMaker's policy with lewd games anyway? Safe to sell?

Alright, I powered through and came up with... something to fill the slot for each spell. I had no idea what to do for regen, but whatever. It's done. I still have to finish implementing a few of them.

>you literally reskinned fiction into games
>reskinned
the term is "adapted"

They were already games you retard

What's papyrus' policy with lewd drawings?

Will I be vanned by the paper police?

And they're not original in the least. Considering you also stole kaiji's plot for RRPS.

Are you just a long time googum impersonator or what?

if theyre not playable theyre not games

Here is a iray render in SubstancePainter of Dr. Robatnix so far.

>adapted

Looks great

Well I'm halfway through a demo for demoday right now, and I want to finish it for my own discipline's sake, but I always wanted to work on a lewd game, especially monstergirls.

Would you be willing to work on one outside the lewd jam? (If you haven't found anyone else by then) I'd contact you after demoday and after getting accustomed to GML myself.

Okay, few questions about the jam:

1.Can we work on it now? What is the point of announcing a jam before it starts, if it's meant to push you to work fast?

2. A space game where you travel with your sex-slave on board - any thoughts on the idea?

3. Also game that makes you feel bad for chasing the lewd, and rather rewards you for caring for the girl as a person - again, thoughts?

3. Anyone has 3d models made for spacejam that he wills to share for free / credits mention?

4. Any lewd artist willing to draw qt girls, VN style girls (and maybe some boys)?

To make things clear, I'm not making anything now, I am just thinking about one idea and looking at potential resources.

Game Dev encompasses a lot of aspects chief.

>literally this thread right now

CODERS OUT!

You are right, sort of.

I still believe that there's things to explore, stories which can be only told with games. There's a game called In Between. You are a guy dying from cancer, and the last level where you have to accept your death, just, damn. It's hard to explain without spoiling the game much, but that was one of the few moments of gaming when the story finally found it's medium, and it couldn't be told as effectively if it was a movie or a book. I will get hate for this, but this also goes for Undertale. The last part, for example, when the game always exists for you. You can have an epic dramatic moment in a movie or a book, where the hero is almost beaten to death, but you just look at the clock and know that he'll be back in the remaining 30 minutes. However in a game like this, you have to prove that you will keep on going no matter what.

Things like this won't be found if you don't leave your magical forest and evil dystopian metropolis every once in a while.

The other thing is that I find it annoying how smug devs can be about their story. They build up this world, write history books, and I'm always like, damn, who the hell cares? Just make me emotionally connect to the main character and that's it. That's the only way I can give a damn about the world he's living in the first place.

>1.Can we work on it now?

Yes.

>What is the point of announcing a jam before it starts, if it's meant to push you to work fast?

So everyone is well aware of the jam and ready for it.

>2. A space game where you travel with your sex-slave on board - any thoughts on the idea?

Sounds a little boring. Usually you like some sort of challenge, like taking a normal girl and making her into a sex slave.

>3. Also game that makes you feel bad for chasing the lewd, and rather rewards you for caring for the girl as a person - again, thoughts?

Seems a bit against the spirit of the jam but it's your call.

there's literally no rules
no one gives a shit

>do you have atleast a barely working prototype?
>does said prototype have a shred of a fraction relation to the general theme of the jam

You're good

lol