Want to buy a mercedes "sports car"

>want to buy a mercedes "sports car"
>they're all automatic
why is this okay?

Mercedes has never made a production "sports car". They're for cruising in comfort, not racing miatas at stop lights and "carving canyons brah"

****some**** yes I said some cars are perfectly acceptable and are almost preferable with automatics, a Mercedes anything is one of those.

the SLK250 sportscar is a 6mt

Because computers shift smarter than humans retard

Why wouldn't it be?

Seems most sports cars coming around are DCT autos anyway. Who cares. A decent auto will effectively change gear just referencing the throttle pedal position. God forbid your in an economy car with an auto though, they don't seem to give a fuck what you want to do.

>wants to drive a mercedes
>has no taste or class

pathetic

>Mercedes
>sports car
Top kek

you sure that's not a grand tourer ?
you never know
some class might rub off the Mercedes

This pretty much.

Mercedes doesn't really do "sports cars". Sure, AMGs are somewhat an exception but they use revised and faster transmissions which are (arguably) faster around a track and, more importantly, easier in cities where they will most likely spend most of their lives, showing off the owner, Mr. Moneybags. But even AMGs started out with the somewhat traditional muscle car recipe; bolting a big-ass engine to a normal model.

If you're talking about a basic "sports" sedan, they're a fucking marketing tactic for idiots. They come with bigger wheels and stiffer suspension and some body kit shit so they seem faster but in real life are just less comfy and make you scrape on speed bumps.

>hurr durr it can only be a sports car if it'a manual
Why do people believe this?

20 year old shitbox owners who get a little ego boost when they think other people can hear them shift, poorly.

lol

>want to buy Merc
>poorfag
>ride bus and claim it's because lel autotragic

mercedes sports car is the hayabusa of cars

Because Mercedes lobbied congress to stop you from importing proper versions of their shit from Germany, ages ago.
Have fun.

Sure thing.

What is an SL65 AMG?

>Mercedes has never made a production "sports car".

More of a GT than a sportscar.

They just know their market I guess...

Nobody who buys a high-end Mercedes new wants a manual gearbox, or atleast that is my experience and formulated opinion

>AMG GT
>GT
>GT
>GT

Not a sportscar, but a grand tourer.

Exactly. Also, Mercedes never offered any good manual gearboxes in this century.

No one who has the money to spend $100k should want a standard manual anyway. Once you get around the $100k mark the DCTs are really good.

Standard manuals have their place in more visceral analog cars, but they are out of place in a modern performance car.

That's my opinion. An E46 M3 deserves a standard manual or a mechanical sequential. Something like an AMG GTS or 458 deserves a good DCT.

As long as you can change your own gears, a DCT still provides that experience. And the expensive ones are really fast and don't hold your hand or impede you from quick downshifting.

>458 deserves a good DCT.
Which is obviously why prices on manual 430's have skyrocketed.

Are you making a point? Might want to add a few sentences.

The market seems to disagree with . Prices on n/a V8, manual Ferrari's are going up far quicker than their DCT/SCT equivalent, especially the 360 and 430. The 458 was never offered with a manual though, so there's no comparison to be made there - although I suspect that if the 458 was offered with a manual, they'd also be apreciating right now.

I specifically chose the 458 because I think it's in a different class than the 430 and 360. I would prefer a standard manual in a 360, but I think something like a 458 or newer the DCT would be good enough to not lose much of the experience. a 458 destroys a 430 performance wise, it's a whole different class of car.

>why is this okay?

Because MB was one of the first companies to realize that "manual = sporty" is a meme.

DCT is better than manual.

>If you're talking about a basic "sports" sedan, they're a fucking marketing tactic for idiots.
This.

I had a BMW 3-series. I thought it was a sporty car. Then I had an opportunity to drive a Porsche 911. I realized my "sports sedan" shared more DNA with a "luxury boat" than a "sports car".