Does the bible outright deny the existence of other gods? Or does it simply deny the relevance of other gods?

Does the bible outright deny the existence of other gods? Or does it simply deny the relevance of other gods?

Essentially does it say -

No gods exist except me
or
No other gods matter except me

Genuinely curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemosh
wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Jehovah_defeated_by_Chemosh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesha_Stele
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>la ilaha illa'llah

It's pretty much established that the Jews were henotheistic until the Babylonian captivity

Bullshit
Deuteronomy 4:35,39— Unto thee it was shown, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God;there is none else beside him. Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemosh
wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Jehovah_defeated_by_Chemosh

Also, just because the Bible coincides with other sources for once:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesha_Stele

Have you ever heard of interpolation, motherfucker?

Pic-related, your kike blood god with his consort, Asherah, the 'Queen of Heaven'.

Shouldn't you be on /pol/ complaining the ebil christcucks won't let you take part in implicit white identity?

>No gods exist except me

Isaiah 46
Remember the former things of old,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like Me,
Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things that are not yet done,
Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all My pleasure,’
Calling a bird of prey from the east,
The man who executes My counsel, from a far country.
Indeed I have spoken it;
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it;
I will also do it.

So it's 'semi' accepted that there are other gods? But YAHWEH (for lack of better descriptor) is attempting to subdue them?

And he is winning at that.

Yeah see this is a hugely semantic's based topic.
>there is none else beside him.
and
>and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.
Can be interpreted to simply mean there are no other gods in heaven.

satan never beat God at anything.

Shouldn't you be on your containment board up on Cripplechan complaining about how the ebil Jooz are the ones turning people away from Christianity?

I could see the possibility that demons could masquerade as gods.

No, they're idiotic satan fanbois.

You can carve a coconut, paint a face on it, and call it your god. And to you, it will be your god.

It does not make it God.

Confidence Level 1

It's always been satan's desire to be worshiped as God.

Asheroth is just another demon god of the wicked canaanites, sister to Ba'al and Molech, and daughter to El.

So he outright denies the existence of all other gods? Even though he indirectly references them?

This guy gets it. Anat/Asherah was the consort Goddess of Yahu/Yahweh and was worshiped alongside him before the cult of other gods were banned, both the Bible (Jeremiah 44, Joseph's wife Asenath) and archeological findings (the Elephantine papyri notably) agree agree.

You're missing the nuance. There is only one God.

Billions of people worship different gods. They're all false gods. Mithra, Osiris, Zeus, allah, they're all false gods. But they're very real.

Gets it up the ass from you, maybe. The demon gods of the canaanites have nothing to do with God. When the Jews were foolish enough to stop worshiping the one true God and start worshiping the demon gods of their neighbors, these were the demon gods.

>They're all false gods
So he DOES admit there are other gods?
>There is only one God.
Is besides the point and people use a singular source to accept this.

>you can write a book, put some crazy shit about it, and say it's about god

>That does not make it about god

lmao certainty

Says the Christcuck who literally does the same.

You can build a church, compile a book of scripture, and call it the work of God. And to you, it will be your God.

It does not make God real.

Just because people worship them as gods doesn't make them one. Me saying im 8 feet tall doesn't make me so. There is only one God. He only "admitts" that they are worshipping others as "gods"

You can say that about anything

t. Yahweh

A lot of us can read now G*d. Your bullshit won't fly so easily now.

It'll be more true for some things than others.

You can build a university, compile a book of theories, and call it the product of rigorous study, and to everyone what goes up must come down.

Pretty much all polytheistic religions have Supreme Deity and lesser deities.

One God means there is only one God who is Supreme, and other gods and deities are lesser.

Paganism obviously recognized the Supreme Deity and the "lesser gods", and even in Judaism, the Lord is the Supreme Deity, while they recognize tribes with other gods, as well as the angels prayed to.

You saying there is only one god doesn't make that true.

Yahweh saying he is the only god doesn't make it true.

Yahweh just sounds like a insecure little bitch.

Enjoy hell

There is only one God, however there are innumerable demons who deceive people into worshiping them as gods.

>He's never heard of the golden calf

The Hebrews were constantly making idols, just because some guy made a graven image and called it Yahweh doesn't mean it was actually Yahweh.

Ditto to you

>thinking you picked the right god

Yahweh being one of those demons

t. demon

Besides the bible what is your proof that yahweh isn't a demon?

Who turned the Pharaoh's stick into a snake in Exodus?

I mean, yeah, Moses had the bigger snake, but the Pharaoh totally had a snake too... (And this totally isn't a metaphor for a dick measuring contest.)

Know a tree by its fruit; Christian civilization has done more to promote the dignity of human life than any other. The Humanist movement which places the highest value on the individual human being was only possibly due to the radical humility of the Almighty Creator of the Universe lowering Himself to be born of a woman in a stable among bulls and asses. God became as we are that we might become as He is.

Yahweh gave us the most compelling example of how to love and serve our fellow man by sending His only begotten Son to give good news to the poor, set the captive free and give sight to the blind even to the point of death. Despite our rebellion against Him, He laid down His life for us that we might be saved from our sins.

And where did you get that info from user? It wouldn't be the bible would it?

>Christian civilization has done more to promote the dignity of human life than any other.

>[Citations needed]

>The Humanist movement which places the highest value on the individual human being was only possibly due to the radical humility of the Almighty Creator of the Universe

No it wasn't, the Humanist movement put the highest value on the individual human being because they created a hierarchy with their specific parameters to place humans at the top.

>Almighty Creator of the Universe

Inertia?

>Yahweh gave us the most compelling example of how to love and serve our fellow man by sending His only begotten Son to give good news to the poor, set the captive free and give sight to the blind even to the point of death.

Because there were no compelling examples of love before Jesus right? Are you deliberately blind? Have you read any other texts older than the bible. Great sacrifices were made in the name of love in many older cultures.

>Despite our rebellion against Him, He laid down His life for us that we might be saved from our sins.

Sins that he himself created. Clever.

>claims to be the most powerful being in existence
>can't even get 100% following of all creatures on just this planet.

Not so powerful is he? Your god is weak user!

people might worship other beings/people as dieties, but they arent the real god. think of God with a capital G, like "THE God" and the other beings with little g's, as false gods

My information is from world history. It is not a coincidence that the doctrine of human rights originated from areas with a Christian heritage. It is also not a coincidence that the first humanists were Christians because the notion that the Divine Mind or 'Logos' could be incarnate in human flesh is unique to Christianity.

By saying God created sin you reveal yourself to be either ignorant or insincere. God created Adam without sin and provided everything for him to be fruitful and multiply yet Adam himself chose to disobey bringing sin into Eden. As Adam's example demonstrates, God does not force man into obedience but instead blessed us with the freedom to choose.

Yahweh wanted top billing the polytheist context is most sense.

>My information is from world history.

>[Citations needed]

>It is not a coincidence that the doctrine of human rights originated from areas with a Christian heritage.

"Human rights" were in ancient cultures user, well before Christianity was a sparkle in Yahweh's eye.

>It is also not a coincidence that the first humanists were Christians because the notion that the Divine Mind or Logos' could be incarnate in human flesh is unique to Christianity.

>[Citations needed]

Again I would argue older cultures would have had humanists.

>By saying God created sin you reveal yourself to be either ignorant or insincere.
>God created Adam without sin and provided everything for him to be fruitful and multiply yet Adam himself chose to disobey bringing sin into Eden. As Adam's example demonstrates, God does not force man into obedience but instead blessed us with the freedom to choose.

So from this I can deduce that god didn't create sin, therefore god didn't create everything.

So what things did god create and what things didn't he?

I honestly don't know if your posts are just an elaborate ruse.