So I have this problem. I have this Cobalt. The seats suck. Any ideas what I can replace them with...

So I have this problem. I have this Cobalt. The seats suck. Any ideas what I can replace them with. I want something that is comfortable for a daily drive. Any ideas? I'm open to suggestions.

>So I have this problem. I have this Cobalt.
There's your whole problem.

>got smoked on the highway by a cobalt
Kek, don't be upset because it wasn't your boyfriend

>Smoked by a Cobalt
What fantasy world does that ever happen? Need for speed doesn't count.

You guys gonna help or not?

>coming to Veeky Forums for serious discussion
baka

The fantasy world in which you aren't a massive faggot perhaps

Yea yea, fine. What kind of seats do you want?

Something comfortable that is not leather. I live in a place that can get really hot and humid. I'm thinking cloth but I don't know what material to use. I was thinking of replacing them with another car's seat but I don't think that will be an option because the front is a clamp and not a bolt.

You made a thread about a Cobalt, your thread was doomed from the start if you wanted actual help senpai.

I'm aware of the memes but sometimes a guy has to nut up or shut up.

Make adjustments to your seat or posture. Changing seats for minor discomfort is unnecessarily expensive and fraught with safety concerns. Just save your cash for a rainy day or blow it all on tar / ECP and you will feel much more comfortable on your way to work.

Did Daddy not hug you enough when you were a little piece of shit?
>You guys gonna help or not?
Of course not.

You can replace the seats with any seats from a Saturn Ion, Astra, Chevy Cobalt, HHR, or Pontiac G5.
Though it may be expensive to do so, try to find the recaro seats. The Recaro seats were standard on the 2004-2007 Saturn Ion Redline, and optional on the 2005-2007 Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged. Maximum comfy.

hi stolen recaros

The ECOTEC 2.2 holds boost better than a lot of it's competition. Plus it's a very torque happy engine. And I'm not sure if the cobalt got the GETRAG like the cavalier but those are factory posi traction.

hi.

His was red wasn't it?

Base model 2.2L and 2.4L Cobalts and Ions got the Getrag F23, but an LSD was optional. The LSD was optional on the Cavalier as well.

yes it is.

>Any ideas what I can replace them with.
You don't need to completely replace the seats if you think outside the box. For example, summertime is coming, so you can buy some "air cushion" type seat liners that separate your body from the cloth or leather seats. Leather especially sucks in summer.

What are "air cushion" type seat pads? Anything that separates your body. For instance, there are cheap ones made of wooden beads. That gives some air flow under your legs and behind your back. Some shops like autozone sell a wire mesh and coil type padding sandwiched between synthetic mesh fabric. That breathes fairly well and is prolly a remnant of the "old days" since my grandpa used things like that decades ago. Wal-mart sells seat padding/cushions in the automotive section and those use some sort of polypropylene strips to provide an air gap. Don't think those will last long anywhere as long as the wooden beads or wire methods.

My local NAPA stocks the wire mesh type seat cushions. About half-inch thick cushions and springy due to all the coiled springy steel wire inside. Doesn't seem like it will smash flat easily since the wire sort of remembers its shape. If it were copper wire, it would go flat instantly and stay flat. So don't think of these cushions as being made of wimpy wire that goes flat with the first use.

Wooden beads seem like the longest lasting but who sells those? Wire mesh at NAPA probably has the most air flow. Wal-mart seems the cheapest made and I never thought of plastic as springing back to shape after being crushed down.

I'll go check out the different stores in my area to see what their summer cool non-sweaty seat options are. There's a NAPA store closeby in my area, so I'll check there and O'reillys. No closeby autozone.

Don't know about home depot or lowes or ACE hardware stores.

Recaros from an Ion redline or Cobalt SS.

Get another cobalt seat obviously.

I saw a cobalt with pink fuzzy seats today. Try those.