Alright Veeky Forums, I've got a guy locally selling pic related for 2000 bucks...

Alright Veeky Forums, I've got a guy locally selling pic related for 2000 bucks. It is in decent shape from the photos provided. Is the 1973 gran torino a desirable car?

Is it desirable to you?

I think it's pretty neat, but I was wondering if any of you have got opinions on the car, rare variants or packages and stuff to watch out for.

I'd buy that shit right away and be happy doing skids and generally being a noisy cunt.

Noice, pic is semi related btw that isn't the actual car. I'm going to contact the seller tomorrow. Any tips on checking out a car before purchase?

Op does it run? What kind of engine is in it? Tranny? Condition of interior? Rust on the frame? Do body panels line up? Mileage? Leak any fluidsuggestions? There's tons of variables dude. 2 grand is cheap as fuck you see beat to shit 80s for bodies going for double that if its in any kind of shape go for it

I'd check this, it'a a good guide in our sticky

Mkay thanks man.

The guy lists the power plant as a 302, factory ac, has cassette player. Claims he drove it. And runs rough.

I actually own a '73 Gran Torino Sport! 351 Cleveland 4-barrel Cobrajet. Though it's now for sale, haha.

Is it the car in the picture you posted, or is it a different car? I'm pretty fluent in Torino stuff, so anything you can share, I can do my best to look it through.

Dunno about US prices but in Germany I'd be happy to find a running 70s US car for three times that price. I'd go for it, even if it's shit, it's good decoration and you have something to do in your garage.

The car I posted looks similar, the car in question just doesn't look restored. Faded paint and what not. If this thread is still open layer I'll shoot ya some questions.

Also is that a rag top or just two toned paint?

>This is literally the only thing that matters

If you like it, it's worth it to you.
If you don't, it's not.

Not him, but that looks like a Vinyl top

I'm not that much an enthusiast, if they have underlying problems or a reason that the car is only 2grand. I'm not ready to restore a rusted out frame and body you know?

>only a 302
no that car is a fucking landbarge and a lot of them came with big blocks, find one of those.

Couldn't I just swap in a 390 or a 427?

Clint Eastwood me up

How much are you selling that one for?

I'm a nigger, it's not the fastback model, just the hardtop.

You'll never let anybody on your lawn ever again.

To be fair, never heard of a gran torino before that movie came out.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

No matter what's in it, its from 73 when everything was getting low comp stuff. Nothing in that car would be very good.
Don't kid yourself swapping is no easy task especially if you have never done it before
.That's a 1972

no shit its a 72

Didn't know what car they drove yo

I've got a garage to park it in, so it won't be that big a deal. I wouldn't have to do it alone either.

What does low comp mean exactly?

Low compression, where the compression ratio of the engine is rated below 9.7:1

Sounds like a plan! If you do buy it, I can point you to the Torino pages/forums, and the places on Facebook if you have one. Need parts, they got 'em.

I have it listed at $9,000, but I'm not looking for that, so my bottom dollar is quite a bit lower. It's got buckets, console, the 351 CobraJet, disc front brakes, some new work done to it, and some other cool stuff. Needs a full resto though.