/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Still waiting edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: Any / 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-Playing 3DS with various controllers now possible gbatemp.net/threads/435788/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png

>Vita
-Homebrew available now on latest firmware (3.60) henkaku.xyz

Other urls found in this thread:

haxxey.com/vpkmirror/
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/commit/3ad7cea948208a1873d42a8e848c0e96f68b3162
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i want to suck anime breasts in vita game

Seven Pirates and Moe Crystal in English when?

Tell me about Sega CD and PSX games on a n3ds

So is emunand really a lost cause at this point?

Can't connect online with the latest luma on emunand 11.0 and the only answer is to make the switch to a9lh and hope for the best?

tell me about gamecube emulation on vita

Have you tried updating Luma first? That was a problem on a9lh as well.

Right after DC emulation.

Wait is that real?

>Latest Luma.
Tried both 5.5 and the latest hourly (updated through luma updater if that matters)

Seems like a video on how to install ARK on Vita 3.60 with Henkaku will arrive in a couple of hours.

>DC emulation
and when will that happen?

Decided to switch from brickway to a9hl/luma and got to step 4 of the 5. Trouble I'm having is that the games and shit I had installed on my brickway aren't showing up in the luma when I was assured before switching by a friend that they would. Do I have to finish the last step for that or did that fucker lie?

quick question : both my n3ds and my brother o3ds are on 9.20 atm still using emunand, if i want to switch to a9lh how many steps i can just skip to save time?

Wait with a healthy dose of skepticism. ARK userland runs fine. To load ISOs they need a kernel exploit.

Math will release it at the same time as the 3.56+ PS3 keys.

were they .3ds or installed .cia?

HOLY SHIT
DREAMCAST EMULATOR FOR N3DS RELEASED
CHECK GBATEMP
THIS IS NOT A DRILL

.cia since most of them had online and I'm not fucking about with headers to not get ding dongd.

Are there files anywhere for Dragon Quest 1-3 as cia files already, or am I going to have to do it myself?

>Dragon Quest 1-3
Why would you want to play those shit games anyway?

what happens if you put a pandora battery in an unhackable PSP?

The only thing shitty here is your taste.

Why not, I enjoy the series and played them all except the first 3 (got to the end of 3 but never beat it since my mom lost my cart) and 9

You get a brick.

Could someone please dump the EO5 dlc?

Really?
I thought it would just refuse to recognise it and boot normally instead of from the memory stick.

>Really?
Nope.

Tried hardmoding,
Getting pop sound short time after console boots and it shuts down :(

None of the Vita homebrew is worth it.
All the emulators sounds are fucked up.

Give it time.

>playing the NES versions
Buy a Vita and play the superior SNES versions m8.

Did you remember to wear gloves? If not, you fucked up big time.

Forgot image, might have fried it with multimeter while integrity checking :/ I was using it on ohms mode specificaly to output less electricity.

Genesis+ worked absolutely fine for me so far. The other ones are still pretty wonky though.

Vita

What good n3ds emulators exist?

Well, new motherboard it is then :/ KURWA, and I would use anti-static wrist strap for that

It's definitely dead. Sorry, man.

I can't decide on a Vita model. OLED or Slim, /hbg/?

I also had the delight of noticing Rewind now works as of the latest nightly.

Granularity of 1-3 is a bit too much for GPGX, but otherwise it's pretty solid.

Just finished Plailect guide, now how do i install games and themes?

CIAs

or Freeshop/CIAngel

Where do you guys get your vita homebrew?

What's good place to get new mobo, any chances I might have fried something else?

I have an OLED and PSTV, I'm happy.

Especially with the PSTV. Tiny, just works, on my 55".

I've been thinking about getting a PSTV just to play at home. How do the games look on it?

You have to control your expectations.

I sit the standard 8-10 feet away from my 55" and they look acceptable. Given the Vita sits between 480 and 720p it's not eye rape. Sonic 2 and 3 have looked fine on it thus far.

Unusual question, what fits on the 3DS XL's analog stick stem? Just the stock thumbpad, or could I replace it with a DS4 thumb cap?

I don't have much in terms of expectations, but my eyesight is getting worse with time and both handhelds have been getting neglected due to it, even though I have lots of games for them that I want to play.

haxxey.com/vpkmirror/

I just need to know, it looks clearer than PS2's 480i?
Though it would be nice if you could Remote Play Vita TV on a phone.

github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/commit/3ad7cea948208a1873d42a8e848c0e96f68b3162

Huh, that's cool. Wonder when it'll be released properly.

That's definitively on your end. I'm still an emunand peasant and can confirm online works.

The Vita is native 960x544.

The scaling options available are 480p (weird), 720p, and 1080i.

Basically what you see on the Vita is what you get, just at a different DPI.

Decrypt9 is such a rad program, and I'm glad that d0k3 hasn't stalled out.

I don't think there's a good drop-in replacement for the analog stick. The c-stick can be replaced with a PSP thumbstick though.

Can I change my motherboard to japanese one on 3ds?

>I just need to know, it looks clearer than PS2's 480i?
Absolutely. Looks better than my PS2 with component cables in all games.

Yeah I think the issue here isn't that my 3DS circle pad is too small, it's that it's too close to the console. Is there any way to raise it? I assume not.

I bought some thumbcaps that are supposed to fit on a DS4 and a Wii U. They fit my DS4 wonderfully, but I can't use them on my 3DS XL as I was hoping. I've got some surface wear to the 3DS circle pad and I'd love to get a cool looking aftermarket cover/replacement that'd give me a better grip.

>haxxey.com/vpkmirror/
where do i place the vpk files

So where's my Ren py port? I want to play unteralterbach on the train.

Hello, just use these. Cyber Grip makes 'em, the convex one is so perfect.

i want to play cave story first on my vita

>just use these
How much/where do I buy em?

Just anywhere on ux0 and then you open them with mShell.

Has anyone dumped the Latios & Latias theme yet? I know it's super cheap but I'd rather not pay for a theme if I can help it...

kys furfag

So, where are the rape games?

Play the PSP port with VHBL

5 hours left

Making a new directory for vpks in ux0: won't do any harm right?
Just making sure.

Okay, I'll do that, but I'd like to have the theme first.

Nope, that's totally fine.

nxengine_retro plus cavestory exe
Haven't seen any framedrops yet

Yeah, you can do whatever you want on new directories.

Any ideas for what it could be?

Looks like my emunand and sysnand are definitely linked (changing system theme color on one changes it on the other.)
Could that be it?

I personally have a folder in the memory card root labeled "HENkaku" just for organization. It really doesn't matter where you put it, once you install it, you can delete the vpk.

If only it had batch installation.

Isn't that one original author of VitaShell releasing an update? Maybe somebody should suggest that?

every single game on the pstv has a sound stutter not matter what setting I mess with on 1.7.5

>mfw having a Vita TV, the $50 bundle that included the PS3 controller, an 8GB card, and some other games to be exact, but the desktop is already connected to the TV so I don't really have that much use for it

for the theme, you can convert them into a .cia file with Howling tool then install them, or just use CHMM2 in the homebrew (included in the starter pack)

Isn't there a link to the official themes (including this one) on reddit tho ? You should check it out

I would if I had a twitter. I've been lurking the devs accounts all this week.

filthy cheatfag here
can I cheat on 3ds games right?
I get my kicks cheating on single player games, so I was wondering if I can easily cheat like I did on the DS.

You have to go back.

Ah shit, thanks a lot man.
Guess I can shoot myself now, since user asked.

Cheating is absolutely disgusting. This coming from a plebian that used to cheat all the time. It kills the fun of the game.

Idiot who managed to get A9LH set up by follow instructions without understanding the concepts here. O3DSXL.

So the only way to run DS games is through a flashcart. Flashcarts only work on certain firmware versions. Does my system having A9LH have an effect on this?

i hex edit memory values in phone games to avoid forced micro transaction walls

Anybody interested in using their vita to watch chink toons?

I'm thinking of writing a kissanime browser app for use with henkaku. If others would use it I'll put more effort into it and release it.

Kissanime mobile site works with vita browser by the by.

depends entirely on the flashcart

My 16GB sd card is already full on my N3DSXL, i want to buy a sd card with 64go but i've heard it doesn't work well in 3DS.
Like even if it is Fat32, the 3ds will not be able to use over 32go of a 64go.

Is it true? What can i do /hbg/?

running luma should fix it

if a ds flashcart ever worked on the 3ds, it should automatically work now you have cfw

wrong. i use a plebian tier verbatim 64, works perfect

Do you think I want this?
Imagine a poor teenager thief trying to feed her little brothers during a famine.
She's stalking this poor looking traveler that recently arrived to the town. He's the perfect target.
She waits until he has left the safety of the town walls, and then she jumps on him.
His knife makes a dull CLUNK sound, the poor traveler is wearing the finest armor in the region, and his blade is worthy of a knight, he merciless attack the thief. Hacking. Slashing.
The thief dreams and sorrows abruptly ended that night...

luma removes flashcart restrictions, user.

3ds can use 64gb just fine, user.

You can even use 128GB microSDs, I'm fairly sure.
Why would you need that much, I've got no fucking clue, but hey.

What?

So I finally bit the the bullet and got my New 3DS XL that's on 11.0 to have menuhax thanks to these guides.

Now what exactly can I do outside of PKHEX? My wii already has every gb/gba/n64/wii game I could want.

Also the save managers don't work for anything but Alpha Sapphire. Everytime I pick Yellow or the digital Yokai Watch I have it gets stuck on a red screen. Is there no fix?