Awright Veeky Forums, so the early R32 Skylines are bein imported...

Awright Veeky Forums, so the early R32 Skylines are bein imported, and eventually the newer R33 and R34's will be legal for import as well.
Are there any of ya who are plotting to get your own R34? What trim are you looking to get?
Are there any out there who have owned/driven R34's?
Also Skyline/R34 thread!

Other urls found in this thread:

southernskylines.com/encyclopedia/r32/GXi.html
spoolimports.com/spool-stroker-kits/nissan/nissan-rb34/spool-nissan-rb30-stroker-crank-kit
spoolimports.com/articles-1/how-to-build-an-rb34
carsales.com.au/cars/results?silo=stock&q=(((Make{=}[Nissan]){&}((Model{=}[Skyline]){&}(Series{=}[BNR34])))&(Service=[Carsales]))&vertical=car&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel&sortby=TopDeal
prestigemotorsport.com.au/search/
tradecarview.com/used_car/nissan/Skyline gt-r/
japan-partner.com/Auto/25791/Nissan/SKYLINE/car-for-sale.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can't wait for retarded americlaps to ruin the market for yet another Jap import!

You guys are fucking cancer, you completely fucked the prices for R32s already, go buy your shitty pickups and fuck off.

Canadian here

Overhyped shit, they lose their charm pretty quickly

I'd love one but I know people are going to be asking absurd amounts of money

You are basically getting a 2nd hand car that so old you are getting cucked by every Japanese owner before you.

Go march on Washington to get some human rights instead of obeying such 3rd world laws.

Yeah, prices'll suck for good examples. But I'd still bust ass to save up for one, I think. Maybe for an ER34 25GT-t coupe. I dunn need an lcd display or AWD.

Also on a random note, i kinda wanna see an STi/Evo-type wing on a BNR34. But that's more the frankenstein doctor in me.

Hey dude, some /pol/ fell outta your pocket.

I'll buy one and flip it to some weeaboo faggot at an inflated price.

this

>25 years to import a car

go back to red.dit with your forced meme garbage

>that image has never been on red'it
>nor have I
But apparently you have.
So fuck off outta here.
Butthurt Nissan faggot

I want to see this car in person and thank its creator.

They're nice cars, but i'm not going pay 50 grand for a 25 year old nissan that may or may not have been beaten to shit back in Japan.

nice red-dit meme buzzword kiddo

just fresh out of the summer right?

Have a Japanese friend who's willing to keep one at his house in japan so i can get one right now for cheap and just keep it at his house for 8 years and then import.

This.

Expect 40k if you're lucky here in australia, more realistically 60, then another 20 grand on repairs because you KNOW it's been thrashed.

Awesome cars, but just be prepared.

>wanting a car just because it was in a meme anime

Back on the rocks

40k for a 34 in Aus? more like 60k for a trashed one and 80k for straight

and those prices will probably double as soon as they hit the US, I already know workshops and wreckers here in Aus are already buying up 33/34 parts and RB26s for when the Americans can get them so the prices should already be going up...

Americans are fucking scum, completely ruining the import market.

Wish you fuckers had a 50 year import rule instead.

I don't think it would be as bad if there was no import laws, they wouldn't get hyped up as much

There's a lot of people here too, supply and demand

He's not wrong
>letting mergaydes cuck the people because they got Butthurt people could import German spec cars that were better than us spec and were losing money from it
>Faggot ass politicians signed it into law even though they have no idea what the fuck they're reading
>Literally no one has fought against it in decades because dick sucking normie soccer moms couldn't give a fuck less as long as it doesn't affect me lol stupid boy racing hooligans ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>yfw yanks will LS swap them

Hi, I'm from /pol/, no one in right wing spaces advocates for revolutions like such, thats a communist tactic. Most have been populist movements by people under someone invested in their own people. Thanks

these will be 100k usd by the time the 25 years is up.
good ones are already 70k
r32 price pretty much doubled once the yank market came on line

thanks obama

will become collectors items forever, would be nice to snag one if you had the cash with low miles and drive it every now and then, sell it before you retire and go buy something even better because itll be worth a million by then

these are import icons, everyone wants one whos into imports

It's not going to outstrip ferraris and porsches but it will take a similar trajectory. R34 GTR specifically.
Z-Tunes are already silly money and they will climb steadily but it's all factored in already.
Basically they aren't gonna become collectors items, they already are.

>i get angry over what other people do with their money

Can someone post this image on Reddit just so this fag cant use that claim?

LS swaps are literally on the same level as stanceshit, fuck off you inbred yankee hick.

>stop having an opinion different from mine

cuck

>it's not my opinion so it's wrong
Man you would make a great feminist.

The vast majority of "R32 Skylines" were shitboxes with 90hp - 125hp. Importers will scam weaboo Americans by throwing a wing and a "GT-R" badge on a 125hp shitbox. And some people will intentionally import 125hp Skylines and throw on a wing and a "GT-R" badge on it themselves.

Even if you do get the proper 275hp GT-R version, 275hp is not as impressive today as it was 25-30 years ago.

I already have an R32 ordered for 80k and I'm going to stance it because I'm not a poor busrider like everyone else IT

Just checked the prices on these, similar to to Impreza 22Bs and Integrale Evos. Would be hard to pick just one of those 3.

Makes E30 M3s look distinctly overpriced tbqh.

>80k
>R32
Nigga I know you're trolling but at least do your research.

I......i saw an er34 sedan ls1 drift swap.....and i really liked it. It sounded horrifyingly perfect.

I find it fucking hilarious how classic Japanese cars are appreciating in value like crazy. Meanwhile all European and American ''enthusiasts'' always thought they were garbage.

>Implying a backdoor financial agreement wasn't part of the reason Congress pushed it through

I guarantee GM also has a part in this

I was gonna call bullshit, but i looked it up, and there's legit an R32 sedan called the GX-i, with a CA18 4-cylinder that put out goddamn 92 hp.

But, it only came in sedan, so unless you can hide those back doors somehow, I dunno how yer gonna pass it off as a GT-R.
SAUCE
southernskylines.com/encyclopedia/r32/GXi.html

Also another badass GT-R, from ATTKD

Its just supply and command.

The thing is, the GTR actually made like 320. They under-reported the fuck out of it.

But that's nothing these days, you're right. The thing is, the rb26 was a group A engine, detuned for the street.

Once modified, you can easily be pushing anywhere from 500-800hp reliably.

Just remember to fork out extra for the oil sump upgrade and better pumps. They are the first mods you want to do.

The GTR's are already nearing 100k for some good examples.

And the maintenance on them is that of a supercar, for any prospective buyer.

Expect expensive parts, but also expect the car to be thrashed to shit. It's going to have been run hard.

That's ok, but you'll need to be prepared for 10 or more years of back maintenance.

>buy GT-T
>RB34 swap
>GTR bodykit

no one will know its a GT-T

If you lived in the Nippon that might be a pretty sweet deal if you didn't want AWD and just swapped the engine.

The fuck's an RB34? Some crazy frankenengine that the strayan's cooked up?

>yuropoors are literally so poor they cant handle americans importing a vehicle and raising its price slightly
How long was the bread line this week?

Sounds like a stroked RB30DET from a VL Commo

Agreed. The GTR is an awesome car which can still go toe to toe with modern supercars once you spend about 60 grand extra on it....but just be prepared for the headache of shit breaking due to age.

Have double what you paid, set aside for a rainy day. You might get lucky and not need to get new parts, but most likely you will.

The entire reason it's good is AWD, paired with the rb26.

It's superb at putting the power down, due to it's RWD bias, but can do a split depending on what's needed when.

>he doesnt know about the torque monster
spoolimports.com/spool-stroker-kits/nissan/nissan-rb34/spool-nissan-rb30-stroker-crank-kit

I genuinely wouldn't care about the price tag of the maintenence. If I was buying a BNR34 GT-R in any condition, I'm gonna be having a list of things I'm gonna be upgrading for better running reliability anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere out there there's an RB that's been bored out to 3.4 litres. Prolly for drag racing. And most likely australians, who are insane in the best ways.

>slightly

You retarded fucks literally DOUBLED the price for R32s over the last year.

Stick to your shitty cantturn garbage and leave good cars alone, americuck.

It's an RB30
spoolimports.com/articles-1/how-to-build-an-rb34

Oh i agree. I own a 33 GTR and he's right, you have to be prepared.

It's not that parts break because they're shit, it's because they've been thrashed for 20 years or so. They will need replacing.

After that, it's fucking amazing and i cannot recommend the car more. I will be purchasing both a 32 and 34 in the next few months.

And yes, get in quick now, because the price will only go up.

I can answer questions if people are curious what it's like to drive one that's been seriously worked.

Im thinking that it'd be more for those crazy Japanese drift events, like how they use GT-T's instead of GT-R's.

Yea, would be good for that. The GTR is just a pure race car, for track or demolishing people in the straight line.

But incase some people did not know, you can turn off AWD and make it RWD only.

That was only in one of the models, I think. The fuse trick doesn't work on the other two.

I can get one for 20k, should I?

Yes. But you won't end up paying 20k in the end ;)

Go read the SAU forums, NO-ONE gets off without having to pay extra after to get it in good nick.

If you look up north, they're quite a bit cheaper, and you get the added bonus of driving it back home through the rockies.

Define "seriously worked".

Was it comfortable to drive regularly?

I know some GT-R owners fall for the MORE POWAHHHHHHHHH bug; is it that easy to get hooked on more power with a GT-R?

I def plan on looking to Canada for any good samples of an R34 when it comes time to try and get one. If not, I'm sure there'll be more major importers spread across the States by the time the R34 becomes legal.

Dont go to Quebec. The ones in Ontario seem fine, and the best ones are way out west. But les ciel-lignes in Quebec seem to be all completely fucked, despite the strange abundance.

Funny enough, I refused to pay a speeding ticket i got on my last visit, and last i heard I believe i got a letter saying that i was not allowed to drive in the country/possibly arrested in the entire province of Quebec.

I'm not a huge fan of the french anyways.

No?

It has two tunes.

One is like 360kw at all 4 wheels, that's my street tune. Very responsive.

The other one is around 550kw, for when im racing.

It's very easy to get hooked on power, but i have a weird combination of a custom manifold and one highmount turbo, plus a 2nd very responsive low mount turbo for quickly spooling up.

It's a very complex system, but the tl:dr is the entire thing feels very responsive, despite having massive top end.

If you fork out the money like me, you can have your cake and eat it too. Requires a hell of a lot of dyno time though, as well as other bits and bobs.

On my street tune, it's very comfortable to street...but you have to just keep in mind the moment you hit that throttle hard, you are going to break the speed limit.

Yeah, I don't plan on trying to hit higher numbers than 400hp at most; I doubt I'd track the GT-R, and try and drive it regularly as well. I'd just be looking to modify problem areas for endurance and reliability, rather than all out performance.

You'll get great responsiveness with 400hp and yes, it's a really enjoyable car.

Get a series 3 gearbox, the oil sump and pump and go over the car with a fine tooth comb before buying.

>tfw when every car you ever wanted is going to become too expensive to own

just kill me now.

pics of setup pls. is it a sequential setup?

All twin turbo setups are sequential

>Once modified, you can easily be pushing anywhere from 500-800hp reliably.
No it cannot please stop with this bullshit

They're parallel twins on the 26 dummy

>Ameriblubbers will pay $20k USD for a thrashed GTS-t

>All twin turbo setups are sequential
The shit Veeky Forums says.

It's 22-23 for a GTR

Link to see all R34 GT-Rs for sale in Aus

carsales.com.au/cars/results?silo=stock&q=(((Make{=}[Nissan]){&}((Model{=}[Skyline]){&}(Series{=}[BNR34])))&(Service=[Carsales]))&vertical=car&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel&sortby=TopDeal

Past Japanese auction results (type R34 GTR in search bar)

prestigemotorsport.com.au/search/

Japan has some law forbidding more than 280 hp ?
just the skyline has a higher potential than most of the other 90s shit

If they're so expensive why not just Import them yourself, or do you have cuck laws?
tradecarview.com/used_car/nissan/Skyline gt-r/

I'm not going to get one, because Americans are fucking stupid and payed ridiculous amounts of money for what is just a kind of cool car in Japan. Now the prices will forever be ruined and only king douches will own these cars, as genuine elderly enthusiasts won't be looking to buy what was simply a middle class sports car when it came out.

Fucking this.
Ameribubblers are fucking retarded, they'll ruin the prices of GTS-Ts as well.

If your shitty can't-turn chebby garbage is so good then fucking stick to it and leave actually good cars alone you fat fucks,.

buying these is the same as getting a base model BMW and saying its an M3/M5. i would just spend my money on something else, i laugh at everyone who imported a GTS-T to america

Bought a 95 r33 gtr with ~80k km for something like 4k usd in japan at an auction kinda thing in 2014. Nothing wrong at all. Did some sketchy shit, went over there to arrange the export and welded vin plates for a wrecked 93 r32 gtr on it. it's getting painted dark purple rn while the motor is being built. Will post pics in a couple weeks.

please tell me you don't live in the states

Why, GTS-Ts are cool cars.

ls swaps
drag racing
disabling hicas
converting to rwd

this kind of thing I don't get
why even bother with that platform if you don't use its higher aspects

shitstang sn-95 v8 makes the same power

luckily the prices for ones already in the UK have kept somewhat stable, but the better examples are going up, and importing is also going up.

that photo is from nz

and Americans have more money to do this sort of thing

>M-MUH POWER!!!

Nobody cares about amerilard ""cars"".

japan-partner.com/Auto/25791/Nissan/SKYLINE/car-for-sale.html

Shitcunts are this retarded/have a pissass currency

How do I get and register a grey market car in the states?

And no, please don't suggest one of those shady fucking florida dealerships that sell anything newer than 25 years old. They're fucking scams

>Skyline R32 prices rising
The R32 price has been stable around $35-40k here for years

I don't care about R34, i have a GT-R already

>here

Where is here?

Norway