/fog/ - Fallout General

Big waifus, big booms! edition

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fogmods.weebly.com
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17050/?
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for raiders

2nd for fuck those self righteous autists who split the general

2nd for slow Nexus downloads

Buffquad for Prez!

Everyone can be happy now.

>2nd for fuck those self righteous autists who split the general

hurhur but we gotta post ironic waifus to beat the waifufags

they'll be back. They always come back.

Why did you have to make another thread? Why can't you just let this shitty fucking game general die the same death the game did months ago? Do you really find joy in making shitty characters, putting them in poses and spreading your autistic fucking screenshots everywhere? Why not pick any other character creator? There tons of them! Many that are much better than this one!

We can only be put to rest after Trainman's mod and Nuka World come out.

>the same death the game did months ago?
Which is why Fo4 is quickly approaching the same number of mods and mod downloads as fo3 has had its entire lifetime despite being less then a year old?

this

things will only improve with time.

>fogmods.weebly.com

It's literally nothing, and a Midna outfit. Now, I know for a fact /fog/ has produced more shit than this. What gives?

Filter all the retextures, translations and save files and you've filtered two thirds of the mods on the site. That is not quality content. It's shit.

>Filter all the retextures, translations and save files and you've filtered two thirds of the mods on the site.
So about the same for fo3 and NV then?

As sad as my life is, at least ill never be as bad as someone like you or christian westen chandler.

So is it just incredibly difficult to find any torrent links for the DLC now that pretty much every torrent site is dead or dying

Yes but NV and 3 had gems. 4 has nothing but shit. Even fucking Skyrim has better mods even on average. Frostfall, Wanderers Edition, Project Nevada, New Vegas Bounties. Name one mod for 4 on par even with something small as the Underground Hideout for NV.

Fallout?

Big mods don't spawn out of the blue yo. Shit takes time.

Didn't it take several years for MMM to come out

CRAWL OUT THROUGH THE FALLOUT, BABY!

>Yes but NV and 3 had gems. Even fucking Skyrim has better mods even on average. rostfall, Wanderers Edition, Project Nevada, New Vegas Bounties.
And all the mods you listed took over a year to come out or get even half way good.

>mfw PS4 mods will never arrive

>took over a year to come out
Exactly and with the current state of the game there just isn't anything new or exciting to talk about. Let it die and resurrect it once there is actually something more than waifu fagging and 3/nv/lore bitching.

who let this autistic faggot make the thread

>people didn't learn from Fallout 3 on PS3

You do realize when Skyrim was as old as Fo4 is now, it had had the CK for several months more, right?

^this also

Pipe machinegun mod I'm working on

Looking good

I can't say I'm fond of the ammo drum as it is currently.

Looks pretty bad desu senpai

10/10 would download

has a pretty decent makeshift look to it. How far are you into making it?

odd question for modders: how hard would it be to make it so that various heavy weapons benefited from multiple damage perks?

I mean right now, Rocket launchers and fatman launchers benefit from both heavy weapons and demolitions, but would it be possible to make it so Miniguns and Laser-Gats benefit from both Heavy gunner and commando? Or Gauss rifles benefited from both Heavy Gunner and Rifleman?

I havent played Fallout 4 in a couple of months, and it seems none of my mods work. Did Bethesda break mods on PC?

Just heard Butcher Pete for the first time in many, many years. I never did fully understand whether it's about a serial killer or a serial rapist. Which one is it?

Why not both?

Another shot
some 2 or 3 hours. I've got the base set for it but need some ideas for the barrels etc.

>modding the game before it's done

>we only know how to make a SJW Piper

This Also yeah, updates and DLC changed quite a bit.

>not wanting to improve your experience

Beth did some file structure changes amongst other things with the last few patches, since they're constantly fixing various bugs and shit, plus getting the game ready to accept the upcoming DLC. And the last patch came out yesterday or something, and a few of my mods went to shit after it, so there's a good chance one of those patches fucked your mods as well.

And of course most mod devs can't be arsed to update their mods to new patches.

You need to work on some retexes bro.

It could be, but then the song would some its charm, because now it's kinda ambiguous and that makes it memorable. That and being catchy as fuck.

What kind of mods get fucked up whenever Bethesda decides to update?

Deffinitely, so far it's just a mashup.

Oh no, your mods broke because the game has updated! Who woulda thunk it?

pretty much this

New ones I've acquired now are also not working

Mods that depend on data being in a certain place or format come to mind. For example, one of the latest patches changed the location of text strings, thus fucking up all the dialogue mods.

They might be old, made either before the CK was released or with an early version of it. But if you're sure a mod should work with your version of the game, and it doesn't, then it's likely a problem with your configuration files. Which is something that also may be changed by a patch.

the 1.7 update did just hit like yesterday or the other day. Anything not updated since then is rather likely to break.

Why pump 150 hours into the game, eventually getting burned out, before all the content is released, the patching is over and some actually good mods are available?

Hmmm, some ideas:

>Fluted barrel (light weight but very basic. fluff into-mechanics wise, it actually has a lower rate of fire because higher firerates would melt the already degraded metal)

>Shrouded Barrel (heavier, but this water cooler barrel allows for a higher rate of fire due to less risk of metal warping)

>Recoiling barrel (reduced recoil of sustained firerates)

>Precision Barrel (Improved range and accuracy, delicate machining means firerate is lower still to avoid damage)

None of that probably makes sense in real life but, that's the best I got.

I'd even suggest a "recoil+shrouded barrel" but I don't like weapon mods that are straight upgrades.

Random suggestion: receivers should be based on ammo calibers, with larger calibers reducing magazine capacity.

I just began the game last week, since now there's only one DLC left to go, and it comes out this month. And since I've got an actual life outside of vidya, with a job and all that other despicable normie shit, that leaves me with rather limited time for playing. Which means that I'm able to take my time getting through the game, and by the time I'm finished with the main story and whatnot, Nuka World should be out and I'll have a single playthrough to cover all the content. And then I'll probably come back to the game in a few years and do another playthrough with whatever is the biggest and best total conversion mod at the time.

Has anyone postponed the Concord missions as long as possible? It would be droll to complete them at level 40+ with Piper, armed to the gills.

If by "postpone" you mean "skipped entirely and forgotten", then yes.

Why would you postpone it?

reeeeee

Still perfecting my mods...
-Concord Town
-Raider Modules (replace monsters with raiders)
-Street Fighter body (for females)
-BaseBall Cap for kids
-Baseball Bat on Back

Truthfully I could release some of these i just have been too busy.

Street-Urchin Tomboy Piper was amazing, and they went for the Nora doppleganger? Fucks sake.

Mod when?

>that front holster

I'm so fucking mad we don't get holsters and the like. It's so jarring. It was even acceptable in NV or 3 where your gun would vaguely float somewhere near your hip or back, at least it conveyed that you were carrying.

Boys we have some pretty great mods coming out lately.

First is Xanders aid: which is a full length quest mod with a new area to explore new items and a new weapon.

Next is RePerkification: Which condenses the ballistics into 1 perk again and adds new ones with some rebalances and new vegas style perks.

Third is Rapture: Someone is basically recreating bioshock underwater with new assets and it looks really fuckin neato so far.

Then obviously we have trainwiz's mod to look forward to and this mod called "LikeNewVegas". A new mod called "Carbot" which adds working vehicles to the game. A better hand to hand mod called "Kicks Of Fury". Things are looking up for mods gentlemen, and nuka world isnt even out yet.

I just need to compile all of my mods and add them to fogmods.

Yeah, except the street urchin version looks like she's 15, and she's supposed to be this hard-boiled journalist who takes no shit and gives no fucks about pissing people off in order to get shit done. The kid look just doesn't work.

>go to beat up a random murderhobo
>murderhobo pulls out a fatman out of thin air
>murderhobo has no self preservation and caves my face in with a kiloton of indiscriminate rage
>he's unharmed by the blast

We're all gonna make it!

Because I did a similar thing in New Vegas. I skip town after the introduction and well-checking with Sunny Smiles. Then when I've got the Airborne rifle, I returned and just shot the Powder Gangers. Didn't have a chance at all, poor buggers.

>people using missile launchers or fat men will literally blow themselves up by aiming at their feet rather than just hit you with it or pull a sidearm

idk todd... sometimes...

at least the guy who loves to talk about smelling farts doesn't seem to be posting in every thread anymore.

so they made her a fat loudmouth. That's not much better.

If you just run to the junkyard right by Olivia you can get a Fatman, a mini nuke and Power Armor before even going to Concord.

The fight in Concord is already trivial at level one, but instantly one-shotting the Deathclaw with the Fatman makes it even more of a joke.

I had her as a companion for a while and holy fuck does she eat a lot. She's got that fat person thing of always annoucing what she eats and making a big deal about it, like, bravado to make herself feel better that she's a fucking fatass.

Cool!

so what are some early game mods that can get you started off?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17050/?

How is this

>blow themselves up
They can't hurt themselves.

Nora doppelganger is amazing

It's like pottery

Just make sure you have leveled list integration.

so I haven't played since launch and I've come back now that the modding scene has flourished and I have a question.

It's my understanding that there's not going to be a steam workshop for mods? that its all handled by the bethesda site now? that I have to make another fucking account for.

How necessary is getting a bethesda account to get good mods? are the good ones mirrored on nexus?

All the good mods are on nexus, Bethesda Net is used by fgts who got banned form Nexus for being dumbasses.

The Bethesda account is worthless, the only good mods are on the Nexus.

Sure, it's not perfect, but it certainly fits her character better. Though I think they should've gone with the Amelia Earhart looking one.

>tfw Piper doesn't actually have a camera
>doesn't sit back and film you while you're in fights

This reminds me, you'd think more people would be born deformed by living in such irradiated wastes.

I mean yeah NPCs look pretty retarded in the newer Fallout games but that can't be because of the rads.

I mean, I never really saw the problem with piper's character.
Seems like your average snobby stereotypical journalist, just without a southern accent and dyed blonde hair.

>tfw can't have a melee weapon in your left hand to use for bash when using a one handed weapon

She starts filming whenever you pipe her inside

all this talk of piper made me remember. I want to smell her farts in my face.

The SM modder claimed that lasguns and melee weapon switch are next

ok thanks, good to know that I don't need to worry about that shit. I was kinda worried I'd need to make an account when I saw that the nvidia contest page redirected all the mods to bethesda's site.

unrelated question, a few days ago I saw a mod that let you change settler behavior and remove wall banging and altering positioning by placing floor mats. anyone know the name of it?

Well there's the swampfolk

but they're all just inbred

Republican sex kitten Piper would have been amazng

Polite shilling for Isometric Fallout General since /cfog/ kicked us out.

Fuck it turn minutemen is imp guard. Give me some machine cult armor for the machinist and go full empire of man

>Republican
And into the trash she goes

Why'd they kick you out brodingo

Wow.

I give it a day.

It's New Vegas General.