/ifog/ - Isometric Fallout General

>implying New Vegas is classic
edition

Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, and Brotherhood of Steel wasn't isometric, fug off to your own general:^))) will be discussed here.

Fallout 1-
Wiki entry: fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout
Guide & Walkthrough: user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/fallout.html
Unofficial Patch(bugfixes): oldgames.sk/en/game/fallout/download/3880/
High Resolution Patch: mediafire.com/download/ua4bj85mf12xj3g/Fallout1_High_Resolution_Patch_4.1.8.zip

Fallout 2-
Wiki entry: fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2
Guide & Walkthrough: user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/fallout2.html
Unofficial Patch and Restoration Project: killap.net/
High Resolution Patch: mediafire.com/download/7uaa8r5600r9n92/Fallout2_High_Resolution_Patch_4.1.8.zip

Fallout Tactics-
Wiki entry/Walkthrough: fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Tactics_missions
High Resolution Patch: moddb.com/games/fallout-tactics-brotherhood-of-steel/downloads/hi-resolution-patch-v1

First for NCR

I like the astronaut/early sci-fi feel of the T-51.

This also looks pretty cool, but seems more up Frank's alley.

To me it actually fits the "armor" feeling, while keeping with the idea of being mass produced.

Also using bits and pieces of it on their own is a nice raider/tribal aesthetic.

I was disappointed I didn't encounter these guys in the game. Didn't they appear in Fallout NV?

Still waiting on that red power armor you see in the loading screens though.

The masks are replicated in Old World Blues for lobotomites, yeah, which is kinda neat.

I feel so dirty, ever since Metzger... I've said too much.

Fallout 2 is better then fallout 1.

Fallout 1 is better than Wasteland

Fallout 4 is better than both of these

FO2 > FO1 = FO3 = FO4 > Wasteland > Tictacs > NV

I came into the Series at 3, on a scale of 1-10 how hard would it be for me to get into the originals?

7, the graphics and dicerolls are a pretty high barrier for entry. If you can get past that you're golden.

I agree. Fallout 1 is the more polished package though.

Alright, I might try, I think I got them on GoG a while back. I'm stuck on a shit laptop all weekend and need something to do.

>the graphics and dicerolls are a pretty high barrier
Not even. You never even have to see the dicerolls and you don't even need to read the manual (although you should for the flavor text). Fallout is the best entry level CRPG to get into the genre. Then he can either work his way backwards or forwards and discover that CRPG is the vaguest and broadest genre there ever was.

It's more the frustration of the dicerolls that gets to newbies than the concept.

5. I was a fallout 3 baby and I managed to enjoy the originals greatly. It all depends on how attached you are to first person shooters. Also, if your favorite part about the modern fallout games is exploring ruins you may have a hard time getting into the originals since there's not much of that.

>exploring ruins
Bummer, that is actually one of my favorite things to do. I loved traveling through the Glowing Sea stumbling into Pre-War stuff. Although on the other hand I hated the Metro system in 3. I would assume that they're more story rich than the voice acted 3D games?

Fair enough. The concept that having shitty skills means you will be shit in combat can be troublesome for newcomers. Also this general/thread belongs on /vr/ where it will last longer and be seen to actual classic fallout fans. Tactics technically isn't retro but it'll slide.

Story is a pretty big thing, and there is the occasional bit of voiced dialogue for more notable characters.
You'll see the origin of a lot of references put into later games.

No

Who's the best companion?

Sulik is my nigger
Cassidy is great too

Ian.

:^)

Tycho and dogmeat are probably the best ones in Fo1 in terms of usefulness and character

Move this thread to /vr/

Sage is not a downvote.

Good thing I didn't sage

Yeah, I have to agree with that. Fallout 1 was much more polished.
A bit better presentation and a lower chance of fucking you over at the very beginning.

This doesn't need to be a thing. Stop trying to ruin the split from 3 and 4 just because you're assdamaged.