/nintyg/ - Nintendo General

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /xbxg/, /ptg/ moved to >Important News
「!」Alola Forms, Z-Moves, Island Challenges, and EVEN MORE new Pokemon revealed in Sun/Moon!: youtube.com/watch?v=3AZHowhxM0U
「!」Snack World confirmed for western release: nintendoeverything.com/the-snack-world-confirmed-for-the-west/
「!」Pokemon GO Plus Delayed: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/758194900466671616
「!」Lady Layton announced by Level-5: youtube.com/watch?v=jRDu2PUNoDo
「!」Live-action Pokemon movie confirmed: deadline.com/2016/07/pokemon-movie-live-action-detective-pikachu-legendary-1201789645/
「!」Animal Crossing New Leaf to receive major amiibo support update in Fall: nintendoeverything.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf-free-update-coming-this-fall-adds-more-amiibo-compatibility-and-splatoon-content/
「!」NES Classic Edition announced: nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-announces-nintendo-entertainment-system-nes-classic-edition-out-in-november/
「!」Darkrai revealed for Pokken Tournament arcade version: nintendoeverything.com/darkrai-revealed-for-pokken-tournament/
「!」Color Splash's story may make you cry: mynintendonews.com/2016/07/07/nintendo-says-that-paper-mario-color-splashs-story-may-make-you-cry/
「!」Miyamoto gives update on Pikmin 4 and shifting priorities: nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-gives-update-on-pikmin-4-shifting-priorities/

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/kWcEsa7r
Wii U - pastebin.com/KrHcudEP

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/amiibo-igcc-9.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

metroid2remake.blogspot.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=2MqYfNXnLOU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

+10, reco y favs

nice first post
picardía of the thread

Who summoned all these yellow shits

>2 years ago
>40 dollars games were sold for around 45 bucks in my country
>now
>they are sold for 55
fuck

Tomorrow i'm going to the Nintendo store in NYC, really excited.

Use your 3ds on the subway so I can steal it

babt confirmed NY?

More like New York Shitty.

I'm gonna nap and then play zelda. I hope.

nice nice

Why no pokemon go? Is it not wheelchair accessible?

fucking hell I hate chiaki

>Top 5 Wii U Games
Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush
Yoshi's Woolly World
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Pikmin 3
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

We all agree right?

Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3 definitely, but the other three not so much.

In fact I'd go so far as to say Kirby isn't particularly good in practice.

I would go farther and say you are not particularly good in practice.

wtf.

Damn Gor you've made a lot of progress from your last screenshot.

Yo!

something about this place always freaked me out.

Canada?

Which should I buy between Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD?

What's up Eddie the mean ol' Yeti

WW

>no 3d world
>no bayonetta 2
splatoon is better than some of those too

unfortunately woolly world and really really unfortunately rainbow curse aren't great

It's really, really, really unfortunately your taste isn't great

ww, no shitty wolf sections

tp after for 3 heart hero mode ganon amiibo run

my taste is object fact. yoshi and kirby can't compare to dong freeze.

woops.

ww

I think this dungeon is the most forgettable dungeon in the entire game, which is funny cause literally everybody else talks about it.

The only thing I sort of liked about it were the VERY simple sliding-ice puzzles. If more had been done with those I'd have loved it, but I just love those in general.

I don't know if we talk about old systems on here, but my charger for my GBA SP no longer charges my system, the one it came with didn't work at all, is there something I'm missing about this, is there something in the guts I need to change to keep this from happening?

buy a new charger, recycle the old one.

also why does this mansion have the Queen of the Zoras? Also Mansion levels freak me out. PTSD from Resident Evil 1.

Would you?

>footfag fan service

I would like a discussion about the 3ds and new 3ds. Also will the metallic blue new 3ds ever be released in NA?

dunno, m8.

Also who thinks fish stew is fucking disgusting?

this thread is never going to return to its former glory desu

all the 3ds and wii u games/franchises worth discussing have their own generals and the ones that don't are typically because they are too short or simple to require discussion

And babt scared away users. Just wait until NX news.

Also I'm getting sleepy so that's it for tonight.

who cares

>pige literally spent real money to go see suicide squad
wew

Canada is closer to $50 right now

>zelda

>>pige literally spent real money to go see suicide squad
>wew
HOW IS IT

shit as expected
it's almost bearable if you go with some /b/ros

I'll see how that goes

While I'm here, how good are the replacement shells for the GBA SP?

Never noticed how weird it is that the Yeti has both fur and scale textures.

>tfw no time to watch it with my /b/ros
damn...

Also good night nintyg

Man, I miss the separate Star Fox generals.

the transparent 2ds are pal only?

what are the chances we get gold and silver virtual console for 3ds and nx in 2019?

why would you want that? stop pretending like pokemon was any good pre-gen 3

It was good though.
I actually prefer gen 1 games to the DPPT ones.

gen 2 >>> gen 3 > gen 1

I thought Star Fox Zero and Guard would bring it back, but I guess not.

Maybe it's to be expected though, the game doesn't have much of a "story" to it and they were really big on talking about Star Fox lore.

I tried playing playing Gen 2 on Showdown and literally every Pokemon has Leftovers and it's dominated by balk Snorlax and gay shit like Perish Song Jynx.

That meta is hands down the most obnoxious meta of all gens, it's so bad.

>virtual console releases
>t-the meta!

If your argument is the exposure of Gen 2 as a solo experience then you have even less to work with cause that game has horrid level curve, confusing Pokemon distribution, with a small Johto void of intricate locations and a Kanto that's almost completely barren.

I have to wonder if there's anything bizarre you can utilize in Gen 2 specific movesets that you'd be able to transfer over in Gen 7, I already have my meme Bubblebeam Raticate from Gen 1 ready to go.

>That meta is hands down the most obnoxious meta of all gens, it's so bad.
Even more so than Gen 1? I haven't personally played any meta pre-5, psychic was essentially unstoppable.

idk probably

iirc there are still competitive movesets that require tranfering gen 3 pokemon

>gba and ds pokemans will never be release on wii u vc
>mfw

>>gba and ds pokemans will never be release on wii u vc
>>mfw

No
mariokart 8
super mario maker
street fighter 4
super mario 3d world
the binding of issac rebirth

Gen 1 is just...Wacky.

I could understand if you're playing hardcore Generation 1 then the variety would get very stale and annoying, since it really is the most "limited" game competitively speaking, but random battles for Gen 1 that encourage using all kinds of different Pokemon while exploiting their most optimal movesets is so much fun.

The thing is that Gen 1 lacks the typing balances of Gen 2, PhySpecial splits, and items, with a series of unique mechanical bugs that people deem it to be archaic and bad, when really I just think it's different, archaic yes, but at it's core very normalized Pokemon barring a few examples of match ruining bugs like Toxic+Leech Seed and Substitute HP drain (which doesn't exist in the JP version) that are frankly situational.

I took a major threat out on the enemy's team then proceeded to sweep with a Kingler cause he was stuck with attackers that prioritize physical moves, and since Kingler's one of those goofy 'mons with stats you never thought existed, he just walled so much while hitting everything with a guaranteed crit Crabhammer due to Gen 1's weird crit rate mechanic, doing all of this without any kind of setup. If a physical split actually existed in Generation 1, Kingler could be a competitive monster, and this is situation is something so goofy that you would never see in later generations.

Aside from the crit rate mechanic, there's other funny stuff like Hyper Beam being able to nullify a recharge if it KOs, and just recently my friends and I discovered that Counter can actually be used on the the turn of a Hyper Beam recharge and still work.

Like, it's weird and goofy and busted in some ways so I can understand why people would say it's bad, but when I'm bored I'll go back to it which is something I never really do for any other generation (aside from 2 that I dabbled in and hated), taking it at face value it's just so different from every other gen, I think it has SOME merit at least.

but user...

We can do it

Should I play Chinpokomon White 2.

I bought it on release but got bored and stopped playing cause it just felt like a weird romhack of BW that I already played.

Nintendo Gen was down for a few hours after the old one died. It was annoying.

I really want a Super Princess Peach 2.

Did we ever have Mario Gens? It's big enough to have one but I guess we should wait until either Color Splash or the NX announcement.

It screwed up the plot so bad but Pokewood is so good.

>Did we ever have Mario Gens?

Mario Maker Gen I guess.

No one here discusses it anyway.

Didn't we have a Xenoblade Chronicles Gen? It's gone now.

I really gotta finish that game. I'm like five or six chapters in - right after the reveal that you're all robots - but it's so easy to get sidetracked. Plus certain stuff is hard to do. I got stuck on a mission for like ten hours waiting for some random events to occur.

>cape shit flick
>literally joker #5
>muh edgy costumes
when will DC ever be good?

Just talk about star fox in here. I still haven't beaten Zero. Just keep going back to he first few levels to see how fast I can beat them.

Gen 1 > gen 2 > gen 3 > gen 4 > gen 5 > gen 6 > gen 7 > gen 8 > gen 9 > gen 10

Still haven't played that princess peach.

Suck it

Nope.

Nintendo needs to make a rhythm game IP that has a plot, like Parappa or Rhythm Thief

Why can we just fucking have DQVIII already? i dont even fucking want VII, No one wants VII.

They've been out in japan forever and it's not like they didnt already localize it years ago on fucking ps2 just give me it already.

Japan is shit

I only just found out that FAST Racing Neo is getting a physical release as well as 8 additional tracks.
This has made my fucking month. Hopefully it'll revitalise the online after that abysmal launch and delayed patch killed it. Racing with a full lobby was fucking great but I haven't been able to do it since the first two weeks after launch.

FRN is shit

Seconded

Thirded

happy birthday samus.

Fed force when

Coming out in two weeks.

QR only for 3DSfags, try it if you're bored.

Parappa should have been a Nintendo IP.

Same with Katamari.

yeah, happy 30th Samus, Nintnedo may not care, but we do.

AM2R in 6 hours boys

metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

Fuc i almost forgot about that

Even after 8 years. I haven't.

I haven't forgotten about Metroid SR388 either, which may have died in some ways, but the engine lives on

youtube.com/watch?v=2MqYfNXnLOU

It looks like jap shit if u scan you will become a sleeper agent because you are week minded and Japan wants to use you to take over

2ds in the mail. how would

pushmo
cave story
ocarina of time
dong country returns
3d land
new leaf
ace attorney trilogy

be to start?

those are all solid 3ds games assuming that you haven't played any of those that are available for other systems because none of them have exceptional improvements on 3ds.

at least we're getting a new metroid

That's a pretty good lineup user, enjoy playing your doorstop.

I know I do, I suggest getting a pair of handles for the thing though

Well the Trilogy is best played on 3DS

there are obviously more i want but those are the only really good ones i know that are under 40 fucking dollaroos

2 games at that price exceed a refurbished 2ds

handles seem a bit excessive, at least its more ergo than shitty clam designs

I want a Smash Bros with Old Snake

Octocamo reacts wilth all stages, but his Achilles heel is back pain

>handles seem a bit excessive, at least its more ergo than shitty clam designs

Excessive, yes. But unless you have tiny asian people hands you're going to want those trigger grips. Trust me. Also look into getting A Link Between Worlds. It's bretty gud

im a gril

>tfw nintendo doesn't sell refurbished crystal red/blue 2ds

oh well, i think i will enjoy it anyway

>im a gril

Well I mean I've seen girls with big hands. At least keep it in mind if your hands start cramping up and shit when you're playing that goofy handheld.

>recommended game list

something something somethings recommend the following?

>Parascientific Escape Cruise

>Monster Strike [JP]
>Dasshutsu Adventure Zetsubou Yousai [JP]
>Great Detective Pikachu [JP]
>Puzzle & Dragons X [JP]