XCOM General - /xcg/

Long War Alien Pack Edition

Previous Mission: News:
1) Long War Studios just reloeased the Long War Alien Pack:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577474474

2) Evolution Expansion for XCOM: The Board Game
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/5/its-us-or-them/

3)Long War Studios have released their Laser Weapons Pack and Perk Pack.
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712967878
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719109968

4) Julian Gollop is working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM. Lobstermen are confirmed.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Piratez mod for OpenXCom: openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p)
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

NEW MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains all 180 mods from the new modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

Music to prepare you for the long war ahead:
>youtube.com/watch?v=SeLC55FOUCI
>youtube.com/watch?v=SqfHuaHvaT4
>youtube.com/watch?v=_z82dcrSqns

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/S1qfx
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=617015579
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Snek is shit

First for say no to shitty recolors

>now with multiple different sneks
How can you be so wrong

Na man they stink

for those of you NEET pieces of shit who have gotten to play all day, how are the aliens leaders in conjunction with the new alien mod pack?

Pistols are Useful.

I bet JC came up with those recolours that lazy bastard.

Different colors.

All they had to do was pick colours that were as dark as the rest of the ADVENT color palette.
Why is it so difficult?

please stop with this meme

What are Beagle's chances of taking on that Supply Barge?

I think the difficulty is pretty close to being just right in legend ironman vanilla. I don't think LW could do better, but I know they will add a shitload of stuff plus the bugfixes the vanilla game still has.

Going to reinstall XCOM 2 later, first time playing it since the launch

Hopefully I'll have some fun

>fun
>not magnificence
Git gud

THE FREAKING SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

I must admit i'm a bit disappointed, obviously the ones that CapnBub made look awesome, but the recolors look pretty bad even when compared to other ayy mods where ayys are just recolored. The Spectrum and ABA Advent look better.

>yfw I only play on easy

>elite gunner
>just runs into the open to area suppress 3 people
Well fuck you too. I knew I kept a sharpshooter around here for a reason.

>has cover icon
Peculiar. He isn't actually in cover though since the shot I just took against him had the crit bonus for flanked target.

L I D S
I
D
S

Seriously? I played on Veteran once and it was pretty boring with how easy it was.

I want to see their take on the Sectopod next time they upgrade the mod.

Something about ported models from other games (Like the Titanfall or Halo Reach armor collections) seem to break the shaders in my game, causing everything to flash green and purple.

thanks doc

nice try ayys

excellent

Also, remove ayys.

>TROJAN
>Enemy units that are hacked take damage and lose their actions on the turn the hack effect ends.

>hack adv mec
>proceed to troll ADVENT with their own creation
>hack ends
>mec instantly proceeds to turn around and shoot hacker in the face

WELL FUCK YOU TOO

Hey guys, just wanted to announce that the /xcg/ pic album now has over 600 pics! If you still haven't checked it out, link here: imgur.com/a/S1qfx

I update it every couple weeks if you ever feel like you need to catch up on /xcg/ related content. It is in the OP for easy access.

Is literally my job

and you are awesome for that

They have flashlights!

>>The entire back of the ship is empOH BOY IT'S GOTTA BE A TRAP BEAGLE RUUUUUUUUNNNN
>>Still nothing happens.

This mission is 2ontheedge4me.

CUTE!

Just tuned in, did anything happen since then ?

Fug. 3 supplies off getting plated for this too AHHHHHH

He took down a floater and a seeker/drone patrol. Otherwise he has taken his time, as he should, in a mission like this.

Damn those hp bars are ugly as fuck.

>mfw two more pods arrive
THERE HAVE BEEN 11 ALIENS IN COMBAT WITH ME EVERY TURN FOR 4 TURNS. I HAVE NEVER MADE SUCH EXTENSIVE USE OF SUPPRESSION OR SMOKES IN X2. THAT NOBODY HAS DIED IS A SMALL MIRACLE

I used to use the numeric health display mod but then it got changed and I could no longer use it without wanting to puke.

The only alternative is that numeric health display mod and that one looks even worse.

Is the Long War weapons tier Laser > Gauss > Pulse Laser > Plasma or Laser > Pulse Laser > Gauss > Plasma?

Do people still think its a decent idea to skip Gauss like way back or did they make it worthwhile?

ahem
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=617015579

Yeah I use this, its good.

>>It was sectoids.
>>In the non-accessible ramp.

The 'lids are still out there so still gotta be careful.

THAT'S XCOM BABY

Beags getting cucked by david

[BEAGLE DOG-ACTIVITY]

Beagles dad is a monkey and his mum is a sectoid, intriguing.

>mfw Beags goes listen to Jambal screaming and she sounds like that fat keep your hate speech off our campus landwhale

Not just sounds, looks too.

>>Even more sectoids.

At this rate it begins to look like the thin man in the distance may be on the command group. Quite a nice case of Beagleluck if that's the case.

>nobody with more than 3 ranks in a class
>base armour
>base LMG
>multiple soldiers ended the mission on 1-2hp
>first activation was 10 ayys
Jesus christ that was hard fought.

Gauss is a good pickup now. Skipping pulse is more viable.

>>Covering Fire clutch right after the suppression bug.

That was too close.

Pics?

No.

Too scary.

Have an Operative instead.

>fire rocket at chryssalids
>miss two easy 80s after that
>only 1 shot left from Assault
>banic
>click rocketeer again by mistake
>it lets her fire again

I wont complain because it saved my ass but, what???

happened to me before
that's xcom baby

Stupid frikin maps mod makes legend ironman mode 10x harder.

>>Command Group.

Time of Truth.

I know a lot of people don't like the airgame (with good reason, especially if you've put time into long war) but how would you lot feel about an apoc style vehicle system being in the new game?

I'm just kind of fantasizing but I'd love to see even a streamlined version of it in a new game where instead of using a sky ranger you just transport soldiers in whatever and fight with enemy vehicles with whatever.

I think it would work well with TFTD2 if they were to have a bunch of different types of submarines and shit to fight giant sea monsters and enemy subs.

>>No CCS for you Beagle.

It HAD to be a bug...

TUMBLING DOWN

I just wish they actually made a proper strategy map in XCOM2. At least with the airgame it had something. No UFOs, no airgame, xcom2 just removed shit instead of making it better.

Beagles still playing b15?

He did it senpai

man what a fucking ending to that mission.

VICTORY

F for the Fallen Heroes.

F

CCS is a meme

from experience ccs is very unreliable if they start moving within ccs range and move towards you instead of away from you

would still have tried what beagle did though

Well, Liquid would probably have been sacrificed regardless of whether CCS had worked. Two outsider don't miss against a target in half cover.

No, he is playing 1.0.

He was referring to the fact that he hasn't successfully taken on a Supply Barge in a long time.

It was particularly bad how none of the fallen operatives got Critically Wounded instead of straight up KIA'd.

F

I really wish they had gone all out and made the game a real role reversal where the aliens set up bases and launch interceptors to stop things the player did instead of another game where you just react to the aliens.

Instead of the current system where you have to collect a series of arbitrary nick nacks to unlock the final mission it would be cool if you had to get global panic up to over 50% like how the aliens had to win in the previous games.

Beagle took so long to do the mission the operatives just excepted their fate.

Yeah. But things would have probably ended right in the next turn.

Personally I think he didn't surround the Outsiders well enough and forced himself into that situation. He should have taken the first three and then hide before going for the other half.

>Watching Beagle play I/I
>been playing since b14
>cant even get past the beam laser-ish area of the game on Commander

Stream is Over.

every time

>Insanity a gatekeeper to apply rupture
>It panicks and flies around, destroying the cover of every other ayy in the process

Thanks crazed fatball

it's not fat it's just big domed

>Longdong
>dynamic war at 75% or something
>missions going well, money, captures and council requests fall right into my lap
>running MEC, gene and psi programs and air game at full throttle
>15 October 2016
>september base defense accelerated enemy appearances
>facing vulcan mechtoids on scout crashes and shit
>15 days away from successful gauss skip into pulse lasers
>just smashed through a terror mission with laser armed Msgts and rocket cheese

Just a few more missions, we're almost home free. I'm seeing heavy floaters on scout crashes and shit, MEC-1s are fucking carrying hard right now.

Those were some deadly turns.

F

S N E K
N
E
K

what made you go gauss skip? I find the extra punch is very helpful against mechtoids and berserkers