I have a 08 Jeep Patriot that just had its transmission shit the bed. They quoted me 5k to replace it...

I have a 08 Jeep Patriot that just had its transmission shit the bed. They quoted me 5k to replace it. I have had issues mechanically with the patriot consistently creep up every couple years.

I am am going in tomorrow to see about trading in for value towards another Jeep. instead of putting that much money into a car I know will have something wrong with it again in 18 months. I was looking at Renegades, does anyone know anything about them? Im pretty much just looking for another small sized SUV. Any recommendations would be great!

>trading in for value towards another Jeep

Your Jeep continues to shit the bed so you want to give them even more money wit a new car purchase. This is not a logical decision, jeep routinely comes up as one of the less reliable brands.

Also I think it's cute how Americans take a Fiat PANDA and re-badge it as a Jeep "RENEGADE" and it somehow becomes more credible.

user is right. You need to go for a different brand. I understand the whole isolated incident thing, but Jeeps are known for unreliability

fiat-chrysler a shit boio, steer clear at all costs from fiat, chrysler, dodge, and jeep. Zero reliability, if they do somehow last mechanically, they will rust away in a matter of years.

Care to make a recommendation with your wealth of automotive knowledge? Or did you just stop by to say UGH LES AMERICANS

Honda crv and Toyota rav 4 for rough roads bad weather.

The mazda cx-3 for sporty handling small suv.

I'm american, my parenta have owned a jeep, I've owned a jeep, and friends have owned jeeps. The only reliable one is an old cj that has a 350/th350 in it. Every other stock one (from wrangler, Cherokee, to patriot) have all been shit.

Seriously, go buy a new brand. Hate to say it, but an FJ is an amazing substitute for a jeep.

Thats a bullshit quote. It shouldn't be more than 2k.

>prius c best model

I doubt it. The trans alone would probably be $2500ish.

might as well get the bigger mazda3.
no, not even kidding.
the cx3 is just a tall 2.

yeah idk the guy said 5k because they had to replace it entirely and get it shipped in from LA (Im Az)

Thanks guys I will def check them out. I always read that early gen patriots were shit but was hoping some of the other models would be more reliable.

I was just going of the rankings per class.

Also
>zoom zoom

>my Jeep is an unreliable POS
>better buy another Jeep because other cars aren't reliable

Atleast the new name isn't fucking gay, although that car itself is gay af

FJ cruiser with 6spd Manuel.

Rav4

Crx

Hell even older Mazda tributes lol

>Falling for the Patriot/Renegade/Liberty/new Jeep model meme
If you *must* have a Jeep, go with an old Wrangler YJ ('87-'95) off Craigslist. I'd say go with a CJ, but they have about all the same problems body-wise, and I'm not sure how cheap the parts and accessories are. Wranglers use Chrysler parts that're interchangeable with the most common Cherokees, and are cheap. Tough shit if you like driving a pillow on wheels, though. Me, they're my favorite vehicle. If you live in a state that sees snowy winters, be sure to hose off the undercarriage after hitting salted roads; salt is a Jeep's bane. Salt corrodes everything because no plastic shrouds protecting the undercarriage. Hell, the plate supporting the transmission gets so rusted and corroded, that I've actually seen them bottom out in bad accidents on newer TJs.

Just buy a 90s C1500 and be done with your worries.

>I was looking at Renegades, does anyone know anything about them?

It's another rental car tier Jeep, just like your Patriot. Only trim level worth looking at is the Trailhawk, but even then, you have far better options for the same money on the maket

Also, 5K is pretty damn high. I'm sure a reputable transmission shop could rebuild it for far less than that, if you really want to keep inflicting more pain on yourself through ownership of a Patriot